SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 3:52 am by canary-dave

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

» word is
Yesterday at 6:51 pm by talcnturnip

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 6:18 pm by Silvers

» Tina anybody?
Yesterday at 2:16 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Yesterday at 1:49 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Yesterday at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Yesterday at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

It doesn't take much

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It doesn't take much

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-15, 9:21 am

Yes I know that at my age and with many seasons of dissopointments behind me I reall should know better.

And yes its the Star and promises have been made and broken before.

OK I have no idea how good or bad the new manager and players will be but today I feel the excitement building.

I will be KTF because faith and hope is all we have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sunderland set to appoint Derek McInnes within 24 hours after agreement with Aberdeen

DEREK MCINNES is set to be named as the new Sunderland boss within the next 24 hours after they agreed a financial settlement with Aderdeen yesterday.

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / Published 15th June 2017

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=9]GETTY

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes could be set to join Sunderland
McInnes is braced to replace David Moyes after the Black Cats agreed a £1m compensation package with the Scottish club.

[/size]
Aberdeen fought hard to keep McInnes at Pittodrie but Sunderland persuaded him by trebling his £300,000 per year wages and with chief executive Martin Bain promising he will have a significant transfer kitty.

The Black Cats do not anticipate any late hitches and hope to make an announcement before the weekend.

But with McInnes bringing his No.2 Tony Docherty with him to the Stadium of Light, Moyes’s deputy Paul Bracewell has already left the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are expected to sign [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s 24-year-old keeper Sam Johnstone, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Aston Villa, as Jordan Pickford’s successor.

And McInnes will also try to hijack Celtic’s move for his former Aberdeen player Johnny Hayes, who will leave the Dons this summer.

With Lamine Kone and Fabio Borini set to follow Pickford out of Sunderland, the new manager will launch a recruitment drive to build a squad capable of an immediate return to the Premier League.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It doesn't take much

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-15, 9:27 am

MARTIN BAIN will fly to Florida today to offer the Sunderland manager’s job to Derek McInnes.
Black Cats chief executive Bain has asked Aberdeen for permission to speak to their boss — with a view to a move worth £1million to the club in compensation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MARTIN BAIN will fly to Florida today to offer the Sunderland manager’s job to Derek McInnes. Black Cats chief executive Bain has asked Aberdeen for…

THESCOTTISHSUN.CO.UK|BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-15, 10:04 am

I think a rather 'unknown' new manager is for the best as there will be fewer expectations on him, from the fans at least. I will always will give managers the chance to show what they can do, except possibly Moyes, who I never thought was right for the job. I was proved right on that I think Razz 

Anyway, the past is the past and we need to look to the future so I am looking forward to the new season and seeing McInnes (if he takes the job) get down to work and make us a Championship chasing team as soon as possible.

Events of the last few days and weeks shows that football really is only a game, but it offers a diversion from the pain and horror showing on our screens.

I look forward to the fixtures coming out next week, and a season (or, hopefully, at most two?) in the Championshp where the club will reconnect wth its fans and the fans reconnect with the club.
KTF love sunderland
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-15, 12:26 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I think a rather 'unknown' new manager is for the best as there will be fewer expectations on him, from the fans at least. I will always will give managers the chance to show what they can do, except possibly Moyes, who I never thought was right for the job. I was proved right on that I think Razz 

Anyway, the past is the past and we need to look to the future so I am looking forward to the new season and seeing McInnes (if he takes the job) get down to work and make us a Championship chasing team as soon as possible.

Events of the last few days and weeks shows that football really is only a game, but it offers a diversion from the pain and horror showing on our screens.

I look forward to the fixtures coming out next week, and a season (or, hopefully, at most two?) in the Championshp where the club will reconnect wth its fans and the fans reconnect with the club.
KTF love sunderland

Naturally I will give the new manager a chance, the fact that very little is known of him and he most certainly is not a star means expectations are low, so he has a good chance of exceeding any benchmark set. However a lot will depend on cash, as with all teams, and how decent and big a squad he can assemble. One of the reasons for us eventually (after circling around for a while) going down the plug hole last season was injuries to first teamers and not having good replacements available.

Lets hope we make a decent start and score some goals and have some wins...something to cheer at least.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Always remember

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-15, 1:23 pm

This is Sunderland we are talking about, take nothing for granted. No one has been appointed as yet.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-15, 8:31 pm

vinkel wrote:This is Sunderland we are talking about, take nothing for granted. No one has been appointed as yet.

We'll well well!

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-06-15, 8:47 pm

And the lottery numbers for this week are ........
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum