[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Buyer found and imminent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buyer found and imminent

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-09, 1:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

German group.

Should delay the managerial appointment nicely. 

It is the Sun though.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Buyer found and imminent

Post  The Yakker on 2017-06-09, 1:28 pm

Kipper wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

German group.

Should delay the managerial appointment nicely. 

It is the Sun though.
Germans in charge now that would sort out the crap
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-09, 2:26 pm

everything crossed, May and Short ousted in the same week, there could well be a God after all.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-06-09, 2:33 pm

God please let this be true.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-06-09, 3:03 pm

Just don't go pinching our new German head coach!   Evil or Very Mad

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-06-09, 3:37 pm

Could be the real reason for the slow pace of the manager hunt. the new owners may want to influence the choice ........ another German coach perhaps!!!!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-09, 6:30 pm

Takeover talk

The Echo understands that contrary to reports in the national press, Ellis Short isn't near to selling the club.
Sources close to the club have played down the report that Short is nearing completion of a takeover deal with a 'mystery German consortium'.
While the American owner is open to offers for the club, it appears unlikely that there is anything imminent.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-09, 7:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Takeover talk

The Echo understands that contrary to reports in the national press, Ellis Short isn't near to selling the club.
Sources close to the club have played down the report that Short is nearing completion of a takeover deal with a 'mystery German consortium'.
While the American owner is open to offers for the club, it appears unlikely that there is anything imminent.
Bah, dashed all our hopes again Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-06-09, 7:41 pm

I.m surprised that we do not attract investors let alone buyers.  Palace did two or three years ago which led to their big spending under Pardew.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-10, 1:46 pm

Sunderland have called in Dr Keith Harris, the football consultant, to help find a new owner and the club have already engaged in positive talks with a prospective German consortium.
Harris has advised on the purchase, sale and investment into many clubs including Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City, Fulham, West Ham United and Everton, where he was appointed as a director last October.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sunderland in takeover talks
Sunderland have called in Dr Keith Harris, the football consultant, to help find a new owner and the club have already engaged in positive talks with a prospective German consortium. Harris has...
THETIMES.CO.UK

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-06-10, 2:45 pm

George Caulkin of the Times, a respected reporter,  is now reporting itso lets hope it all goes well. 

Would they put big Sam back in charge with a younger German ready to take over? Unlikely yes but better manager than what were currently looking at.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-10, 4:46 pm

Still lots of rumours....smoke without fire atm

We can but hope that one of the tentative inquiries comes off and that they have a shed load of billions of spondolies
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-10, 5:03 pm

gil t azell wrote:George Caulkin of the Times, a respected reporter,  is now reporting itso lets hope it all goes well. 

Would they put big Sam back in charge with a younger German ready to take over? Unlikely yes but better manager than what were currently looking at.
Just my opinion, but i feel there could be something in this.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-10, 7:16 pm

vinkel wrote:
gil t azell wrote:George Caulkin of the Times, a respected reporter,  is now reporting itso lets hope it all goes well. 

Just my opinion, but i feel there could be something in this.
I agree, it would explain why clubs are appointing managers and we aint

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-06-10, 10:39 pm

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Takeover talk: Wearside holds its breath as rumours abound that consortium to begin due diligence

Post  silvers on 2017-06-12, 11:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

by [url=http://www.sbnation.com/users/James Henchard]James Henchard[/url]@MrHenchard  Jun 12, 2017, 11:41am BST

Widespread reports and subsequent rumour abound this morning as the talk that Sunderland are in takeover discussions with a German-led consortium steps up a gear.

Building on reports in the Sun and the Times late last week that owner Ellis Short is in discussions with the group, the Northern Echo have reported this morning that a formal process of due diligence may commence in the next few days.
The American billionaire who has wholly owned Sunderland since 2009 has engaged the services of Dr Keith Harris a financier and takeover advisor with considerable experience in football business investments and buy-outs.
Harris was previously Chairman of the Football League and director of Wembley National Stadium Ltd and has been a board member at Everton since 2016.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Dr Keith Harris - the man advising Ellis Short on selling Sunderland[/size]
Hailed as a 'Mr Fixit' in the world of football, the 64-year-old advised on Roman Abramovich's takeover at Chelsea, Randy Lerner's involvement with Aston Villa and Thaksin Shinawatra’s purchase of Manchester City. When Mike Ashley put Newcastle up for sale in 2008 he called on Harris as did Bill Kenwright when he was looking for a billionaire investor for Everton.

So this is Ellis Short being serious in finding a buyer for Sunderland after increasingly obvious signs the Missourian is desperate to end his association with the club relegated a mere month ago.
After arriving on Wearside with such optimism in 2009, the Short-era has increasingly been characterised by dire decision-making, awful recruitment, scandal and poor performance. With miracle survival runs in the Premier League masking much of the problems at the club, the 2017 relegation will be recalled as the final comeuppance for five years of mis-management.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Short bought Sunderland from Drumaville in 2010 Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images[/size]
The drop into the Championship merely adds another layer of trepidation to a weary fan base increasingly alarmed by the level of debt at a club which has still not appointed a manager to oversee an enormous squad rebuild this summer as we enter mid-June.

Talk of a takeover offers a glimmer of hope that a fresh approach will be ushered in to a club devoid of leadership, lacking funds for investment and with an already increasingly forlorn look right now of a football team which can bid to make a swift return to the Premier League.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Metaphorical grey clouds have lingered over the Stadium of Light for the past few years Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images[/size]
There have been reports of prospective new owners before at Sunderland of course. Hints of interest from groups in China or the Middle East have continued and Short is thought to have been close to agreeing a sale last year before getting cold feet over the intentions or integrity of the group behind the takeover bid on that occasion.

One stumbling block has always been the valuation that owner Short appears to hold for the club. £170m was widely circulated as the asking price last year but figures being quoted in the press at the moment put that as nearer £100m. But Sunderland AFC are a tangled web of finance, debt and asset so valuing the club is nigh on impossible for outsiders right now.

But there are suggestions that with the American increasingly set on getting out, he is willing to accept a reduced figure up front subject to add-ons and future installments, dependent for example on the club re-gaining its Premier League status.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-12, 12:37 pm

SUNDERLAND are in talks with a German consortium about the possible sale of the club, and hope to discover within the next seven days whether the prospective buyers want to enter a formal process of due diligence.
Black Cats owner Ellis Short has taken on the services of respected football consultant Dr Keith Harris, who has previously worked with Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City and West Ham to facilitate takeovers or encourage investment.
Harris has been in contact with the German group about a potential buy-out at the Stadium of Light, and while the talks remain at a relatively early stage, there is growing confidence about the potential for a sale.

Sunderland involved in 'positive' takeover talks with German consortium
SUNDERLAND are in talks with a German consortium about the possible sale of the club, and hope to discover within the next seven days whether the…
THENORTHERNECHO.CO.UK

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-12, 6:07 pm

Update: Potential takeover latest

The Echo understands that there has been no change in the situation with regards a potential takeover of Sunderland.
On Friday reports emerged that negotiations had taken place between Ellis Short and a ‘mystery German consortium’.
There were also suggestions that the talks were at an advanced stage and the club could soon change hands.
But we have learned that no deal with any potential buyer is close, as had been suggested.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-12, 6:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Update: Potential takeover latest

The Echo understands that there has been no change in the situation with regards a potential takeover of Sunderland.
On Friday reports emerged that negotiations had taken place between Ellis Short and a ‘mystery German consortium’.
There were also suggestions that the talks were at an advanced stage and the club could soon change hands.
But we have learned that no deal with any potential buyer is close, as had been suggested.
Wird es geschehen?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-12, 7:23 pm

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-12, 10:10 pm

I think I'm going to stop reading the Echo. It just depresses me.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum