SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 11:54 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cretanmakem, talcnturnip, The Yakker

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

General Election, results

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Election, results

Post  Billy D on 2017-06-10, 3:55 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:Just to add, Mays reshuffle has left all the same people in the top jobs.
Including the chancellor who was about to be sacked had she got her wish & the Home Secretary who barely clung on to her own seat by the steam of her kn ickers.
That just go's to show how weak as piss May is.
Corbyn has won me over. I admit I was wrong about him.
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Thank you kind lady. I like you & could debate politics all day with you.
Sometimes political debates can get heated in the bar when a group are talking about it.
But.... I'd not fall out with someone because they had a different view to me.
I have very little time for the SNP but I'm sorry Angus lost his seat as I really liked him.
That Caroline lass for the Greens - massive majority in Brighton but wasted in that party.
As much as I dislike wee Jimmy at least she said she'd do owt to bring the Tories down.
She needs to drop the 2ndindref & just crack on.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-06-11, 5:22 pm

Politicians have managed to do in two referendums/ elections what over a century of terrorism, war and anarchists have failed to do, I.e split the country in two.
The result IMO was a foregone conclusion, the fact it was closer than most expected was probably a shock to the Tories, bad times ahead for everyone from working class to the rich so called elite.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-06-12, 3:15 am

[size=32]Would a deal between Theresa May and DUP damage peace in Northern Ireland? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]

Theresa May is facing a mounting revolt from her own party over plans to form a minority government with the DUP amid fears that it could put the Northern Ireland peace process at risk.
The Daily Telegraph understands that more than a dozen Tory MPs have significant concerns about the prospect of the deal and have warned it could lead to the collapse of the Good Friday Agreement.
Sinn Fein is understood to be furious at some of the DUP's demands, which include cutting off foreign funding for parties in Northern Ireland. The policy would effectively end US financial support for Sinn Fein.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
STEFAN WERMUTH
Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May plans to form a minority government with the DUP.

The DUP is also expected to demand a new right to march, seen as code for allowing more Orange Order marches through Catholic areas.
READ MORE:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Arlene Foster, the DUP leader, will fly to London on Tuesday for Downing Street talks with May as she pledged to act in the national interest.

0:00

/

2:08

Arlene Foster says she will not rule out backing the Conservatives, if it is what is best for the people of Northern Ireland.

The growing concerns in the Conservative Party came as negotiations descended into chaos after Downing Street wrongly announced that an agreement had been reached.
No 10 said on Saturday evening that the DUP had agreed to the principles of an outline agreement. The announcement surprised the DUP, which said that talks were still continuing as Gavin Williamson, the chief whip, held discussions in Belfast.
Less than five hours later No 10 was forced to issue a clarifying statement shortly after midnight and blamed the email on a breakdown in communications.
Charles McQuillan
Arlene Foster, the DUP leader, will fly to London on Tuesday for Downing Street talks with May.

A source said: "It was the end of a very long week and it should have been explained better."
Tom Tugendhat, a Tory MP, said: "Three questions on DUP deal. What effect on Northern Ireland peace/UK Government neutrality? Equal rights? Getting Brexit deal/Irish Government reaction/ open border?"
Another Tory MP said: "This is a bad, bad policy. The Good Friday Agreement set out that No 10 would be neutral. Forty years of domestic policy has been to stay out of Irish sectarianism. This puts that at risk."

It comes after Jonathan Powell, a key adviser to Tony Blair when he brokered peace in Northern Ireland, said: "Even John Major didn't resort to relying on DUP... This could undo 20 years of work in Northern Ireland."
Other Conservative MPs have raised concerns about the DUP's opposition to gay marriage and abortion. 
Ruth Davidson, the leader of the Scottish Conservatives, on Friday highlighted a speech she made in Belfast about the importance of equal marriage. However, she was given a "categoric assurance" from May that any arrangement between the two parties would see "absolutely no rescission of LGBTI rights in the rest of the UK".
There are also significant divides over benefit cuts after DUP sources told the BBC that the party wants to "kill austerity".
Foster yesterday said that negotiations with the Conservatives had been "positive".
She said: "We had very good discussions yesterday with the Conservative Party in relation to how we could support them in forming a national government - one that would bring stability to the nation - and those discussions continue. We've made good progress but the discussions continue."
Earlier, Irish Foreign Minister Charlie Flanagan said a DUP/Tory agreement would "not necessarily" undermine the peace process. Flanagan said he had raised the matter with Northern Ireland Secretary James Brokenshire.
Flanagan was asked about suggestions that any Conservative deal with the DUP would undermine Westminster's impartiality as a co-guarantor of the Good Friday Agreement, also known as the Belfast Agreement.
He told ITV's Peston on Sunday: "Well, not necessarily the case. Of course, it remains to be seen what the nature of that deal is.
"But this is an issue I did address the evening before last with Secretary of State James Brokenshire. I look forward to meeting with him again tomorrow if his appointment is reaffirmed, but yes, it's an important issue that you raise - the objectivity of both governments, and both governments working strictly in accordance with our legal responsibilities under the Belfast Agreement, the Irish government as co-guarantor, indeed the British Government as co-guarantor."
Flanagan added the EU member states are "ready to roll" when it comes to Brexit talks. These are due to start within days although they could be delayed given the political uncertainty.
Flanagan said: "I'm conscious of the fact that this clock is ticking. We're a year now since the referendum. We lost some time over the last seven weeks during the election campaign. Europe is ready to start these negotiations. Ireland is ready to sit with our 26 EU colleagues and commence the negotiations because uncertainty is the enemy of stability and business."

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-12, 8:39 am

Our country feels extremely Strong and Stable this morning.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-12, 9:25 am

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: