SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Today at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Who on earth said Cornwall was sunny

Go down

Who on earth said Cornwall was sunny

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-06-05, 5:41 pm

I'm in a lovely cottage right on a beach in tsunami Cornwall.  Where's the sun?  
I'm so wet I'm more crinkly than normal.
It might sound a bit odd, someone from Manchester complaining about the rain but I am complaining.  It's just not fair!! Crying or Very sad
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Who on earth said Cornwall was sunny

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-05, 8:48 pm

So it's your fault for daring to go on holiday. Been pouring with rain up here all day too!  tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-05, 9:05 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:I'm in a lovely cottage right on a beach in tsunami Cornwall.  Where's the sun?  
I'm so wet I'm more crinkly than normal.
It might sound a bit odd, someone from Manchester complaining about the rain but I am complaining.  It's just not fair!! Crying or Very sad
I used to work on removals years ago, i helped shift a couple back from Devon to Durham. They were only there a few months but couldnt stand the amount of rain. I have always remembered how they called it "sunny Devon,rains 6 days out of seven "

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-05, 9:27 pm

Hmmmm just returned from a Cretan family restaurant with neighbours and it is approx 25 degrees at 11.25 pm ho hum no complaints here in Crete . 
Ps only wind was maria after her raki n cake . naughty girl .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-06-05, 10:46 pm

cretanmakem wrote:Hmmmm just returned from a Cretan family restaurant with neighbours and it is approx 25 degrees at 11.25 pm ho hum no complaints here in Crete . 
Ps only wind was maria after her raki n cake . naughty girl .
Hmmmmmmm. I'm a good swimmer but I've just bought some water wings. Grim.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-06, 12:04 am

Spare a thought for me - have tickets for Edinburgh Zoo tomorrow as it is our grandson's 4th birthday. We booked a while ago as we thought it would be a nice treat for us all to go as a family, while the daughter and grandchildren are home on holiday from Uganda, and while my son is here to see them.

So, altogether five adults, a 4 year old and a 7 month old baby, are making a car journey (in two cars) of over an hour and a half each way, to traipse around in our waterproofs, given the weather forecast is for heavy rain ALL DAY.

£90 for all of us and no refunds for bad weather, and the little one is really looking forward to it, so we have to go. Bet the pandas just stay indoors too!

The things you do for love eh? Very Happy

PS Only holidayed in Cornwall once when the kids were little and it rained every day we were there, but it was warmer than Northumberland, I have to give it that! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-06-06, 12:36 am

Hieronymus wrote:Spare a thought for me - have tickets for Edinburgh Zoo tomorrow as it is our grandson's 4th birthday. We booked a while ago as we thought it would be a nice treat for us all to go as a family, while the daughter and grandchildren are home on holiday from Uganda, and while my son is here to see them.

So, altogether five adults, a 4 year old and a 7 month old baby, are making a car journey (in two cars) of over an hour and a half each way, to traipse around in our waterproofs, given the weather forecast is for heavy rain ALL DAY.

£90 for all of us and no refunds for bad weather, and the little one is really looking forward to it, so we have to go. Bet the pandas just stay indoors too!

PS Only holidayed in Cornwall once when the kids were little and it rained every day we were there, but it was warmer than Northumberland, I have to give it that! Very Happy
You lucky lady, worth every penny. I've had some scrumpy. Never again. These southerners are weird
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-06, 7:25 am

Not sure about Cornwall, try being in Fife atm, a bloke called Noah keeps telling us to get on his boat
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-06-06, 11:30 am

sunderpitt wrote:Not sure about Cornwall, try being in Fife atm, a bloke called Noah keeps telling us to get on his boat
Had a holiday in Scarborough 1978 once
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-06, 12:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-06, 5:38 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Spare a thought for me - have tickets for Edinburgh Zoo tomorrow as it is our grandson's 4th birthday. We booked a while ago as we thought it would be a nice treat for us all to go as a family, while the daughter and grandchildren are home on holiday from Uganda, and while my son is here to see them.

You lucky lady, worth every penny. I've had some scrumpy. Never again. These southerners are weird
Got absolutely soaked through to the bone. Never seen so much rain. My daughter said it was worse than the tropical rain they get in Uganda, and much colder! Saw very few animals as they had the good sense to stay indoors in the dry. But the penguins were very good and Leo was happy enough also seeing some bears and a rhinoceros and mongooses (mongeese?) and some other animals and birds, as well as a lot of monkeys. 

To be fair when we went in they offered immediately to change our tickets for another day as the rain was so heavy but as my son is off home tomorrow we couldn't really do another day and as it had had taken almost 2 hours to get there, it seemed daft to turn round and go home! Such a shame really as the grounds are wonderful so it would be lovely on a nice sunny day. Very hilly though so not recommended if you have mobility issues.

Never mind, at least we don't have to do that again in a hurry!  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-06-06, 6:23 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:

Got absolutely soaked through to the bone. Never seen so much rain. My daughter said it was worse than the tropical rain they get in Uganda, and much colder! Saw very few animals as they had the good sense to stay indoors in the dry. But the penguins were very good and Leo was happy enough also seeing some bears and a rhinoceros and mongooses (mongeese?) and some other animals and birds, as well as a lot of monkeys. 

To be fair when we went in they offered immediately to change our tickets for another day as the rain was so heavy but as my son is off home tomorrow we couldn't really do another day and as it had had taken almost 2 hours to get there, it seemed daft to turn round and go home! Such a shame really as the grounds are wonderful so it would be lovely on a nice sunny day. Very hilly though so not recommended if you have mobility issues.

Never mind, at least we don't have to do that again in a hurry!  Very Happy

Sorry H but your post reminds me of a zoo closing down and selling off its animals. A man wrote in and said "Please can I have two mongooses..." scratched that and said "Please can I have two mongeese...", he screwed up the piece of paper and started again, " Please can I have a mongoose? - ps make it two!"

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum