SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, Rovertsafc

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Does he deserve a prison term? I'm very torn on this one.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does he deserve a prison term? I'm very torn on this one.

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-05, 1:26 pm

Dad of Sunderland baby Reggie faces jail after son was killed by family dog 

05 June 2017 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A father has been told he will be jailed after his three-week-old baby son was mauled to death by the family's terrier. Ryan Young, 32, appeared at Newcastle Crown Court to admit being the owner of a dog which caused injury that was dangerously out of control. 

The charge related to baby Reggie Richardson, who was just 20 days old when he died as a result of his injuries at the family home in Falkland Road, Sunderland, on June 20 2015. A separate charge of neglect, which Young denied, will lie on file. 

Recorder Nicholas Lumley QC granted Young bail to allow for a psychological assessment to be carried out ahead of a pre-sentence report. The judge told him: "A prison sentence is inevitable. "You must not read anything into the fact that the case is being adjourned." 

The judge was told Young missed a pre-trial hearing on June 1. Caroline Goodwin, defending, told the judge: "He simply could not face coming to court, there is no greater excuse than that. "The defendant has had a very difficult time since the events of June 2015. "It has been an emotionally devastating, dreadful chapter in everyone's life." 

Young, wearing a blue ribbon on his grey suit, kept his head bowed for much of the hearing. The baby's mother, Maria Blacklin, was not in court. She had not been in the family home when the dog attacked their son as she was attending an event following a death in the family. The father will be sentenced at a later date. He carried his son's coffin at the funeral. During the service, Canon Provost Sheila Bamber said: "He was simply amazing in his perfection, absolutely gorgeous, a golden little boy who brought a ray of sunshine into your family.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does he deserve a prison term? I'm very torn on this one.

Post  canary-dave on 2017-06-05, 2:35 pm

That's a difficult call and I may not be best able to judge as I was attacked by my aunt's collie when I was four years old and has left me permanently wary of dogs of any size or shape.

This is such a tragic case though and I'm sure the father has suffered tremendously, I'm not sure what a jail term would provide in this case other than a form of revenge which is not what prison is designed to provide!

Glad it's not my call!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-05, 4:28 pm

Dog's often get jealous of a new arrival....a dog owner would know and have seen that.

Where was the babe, where was the dog where was the dad and was he sober?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-06-05, 6:15 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Dog's often get jealous of a new arrival....a dog owner would know and have seen that.

Where was the babe, where was the dog where was the dad and was he sober?

All fair points Sunders!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-06-05, 9:30 pm

I cannot help but compare this tragedy with the Oxford student of a few weeks ago who a Judge thought did not deserve a jail sentence.

As my Mother would say "has he not suffered enough from something he will live with for the rest of his life"

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-06-06, 7:37 am

Heard lots of rumours about this incident from people that live near the area.......not putting them on here as I don't know if there're true, but if the least worse rumour is, he deserves jail....maybe the truth will come out and we'll know one way or another....either way it's a terrible loss Sad
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-06, 8:28 am

oldblackcat wrote:Heard lots of rumours about this incident from people that live near the area.......not putting them on here as I don't know if there're true, but if the least worse rumour is, he deserves jail....maybe the truth will come out and we'll know one way or another....either way it's a terrible loss Sad
Yes, can only assume there is a lot more to the story that we don't know. Tragic either way Sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum