SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 8:08 pm by cyprussyd

» Some good news
Today at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Today at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Today at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

» word is
Today at 6:51 pm by talcnturnip

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Today at 6:18 pm by Silvers

» Tina anybody?
Today at 2:16 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Today at 1:49 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Today at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Today at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Finding it hard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding it hard

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-25, 8:11 am

My club is in a mess, no idea who our manager will be let alone players leaving or coming in. Like everyone else I scour the usual fonts of all wisdom, BBC sport and the Sunderland echo looking for clues but, I'm finding it so hard to care.

All around me I see reasons to cry with two things in particular affecting me.

Bradley Lowry
A little boy with a big smile who I don't really know but a little boy who will soon be leaving us and leaving all that pain behind. In leaving his pain so many of us will be heartbroken but none more than his parents, I have no idea how they will cope but cope they will and in time they will treasure every memory their little boy mad and we will remember his pose, thumbs up and a smile like no other.

Manchester
In reality 22 deaths and 60 injuries are small fry in the nasty world of the suicide bomber but these 22 are different, they are people very close to home and that makes it very real. It makes it so real that every new confirmation of a life lost hurts us like it was a member of our family.

I am no lover of Theresa May and politicians in general but I feel for them today, they see the problem but how do they start finding the solution?

Of course life must and will go on but I find our broken world so depressing, so many good people and good things but all overshadowed by a very very small group of people who only wish us harm, people who are happy to kill small children, teenagers and parents enjoying a night out.

It will take a far wiser person than me to find the solution but find it we must and for all it's understandable right now to want to fight fire with fire it just does not work. Blaming Muslims, banning Muslims, deporting or destroying Muslims may make some feel better but it will only mean more innocent men, woman and children will needlessly die.

Trying to find out why a young man or woman are prepared to lose their own life in committing these horenouse crimes against the innocent is the only way of solving it, IMO. And no I am no do gooder and yes if it was my child that had been killed I would probably want to kill anyone who supports ISIS but emotion is not the answer to finding solutions.

At 68 I am at the tail end of my time here so can't see today's broken world having much affect on my life but it's not a world  I want to leave to my son and in particular my grandson. 

My grandson did not vote for any government, has never hurt anyone from a different country, community or culture so does not deserve to be lumbered with a broken world made by my generation.

I hope the great and the good find the solution but cant say I'm hopeful.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding it hard

Post  vinkel on 2017-05-25, 9:15 am

cyprussyd wrote:My club is in a mess, no idea who our manager will be let alone players leaving or coming in. Like everyone else I scour the usual fonts of all wisdom, BBC sport and the Sunderland echo looking for clues but, I'm finding it so hard to care.

Bradley Lowry
A little boy with a big smile who I don't really know but a little boy who will soon be leaving us and leaving all that pain behind. In leaving his pain so many of us will be heartbroken but none more than his parents, I have no idea how they will cope but cope they will and in time they will treasure every memory their little boy mad and we will remember his pose, thumbs up and a smile like no other.

Manchester
In reality 22 deaths and 60 injuries are small fry in the nasty world of the suicide bomber but these 22 are different, they are people very close to home and that makes it very real. It makes it so real that every new confirmation of a life lost hurts us like it was a member of our family.

I am no lover of Theresa May and politicians in general but I feel for them today, they see the problem but how do they start finding the solution?

Of course life must and will go on but I find our broken world so depressing, so many good people and good things but all overshadowed by a very very small group of people who only wish us harm, people who are happy to kill small children, teenagers and parents enjoying a night out.

It will take a far wiser person than me to find the solution but find it we must and for all it's understandable right now to want to fight fire with fire it just does not work. Blaming Muslims, banning Muslims, deporting or destroying Muslims may make some feel better but it will only mean more innocent men, woman and children will needlessly die.

Trying to find out why a young man or woman are prepared to lose their own life in committing these horenouse crimes against the innocent is the only way of solving it, IMO. And no I am no do gooder and yes if it was my child that had been killed I would probably want to kill anyone who supports ISIS but emotion is not the answer to finding solutions.

At 68 I am at the tail end of my time here so can't see today's broken world having much affect on my life but it's not a world  I want to leave to my son and in particular my grandson. 

My grandson did not vote for any government, has never hurt anyone from a different country, community or culture so does not deserve to be lumbered with a broken world made by my generation.

I saw an interview with a Colonel Kemp on tv this morning, he says there are 3000 known jihadists walking the streets of Britain. Well get rid of them one way or another. There are far too many namby pambys in this country, fight fire with fire. All those good men who died for this country didn’t do so for a world like this.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-25, 9:25 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:My club is in a mess, no idea who our manager will be let alone players leaving or coming in. Like everyone else I scour the usual fonts of all wisdom, BBC sport and the Sunderland echo looking for clues but, I'm finding it so hard to care.

Bradley Lowry

Manchester

I saw an interview with a Colonel Kemp on tv this morning, he says there are 3000 known jihadists walking the streets of Britain. Well get rid of them one way or another. There are far too many namby pambys in this country, fight fire with fire. All those good men who died for this country didn’t do so for a world like this.
And I understand that view but making an extra 3000 martyrs for the extremist to use in their propaganda wont, IMO, help.

I'm probably one of those "namby pambys" who believes that fighting fire with fire does not work, history tells us that.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-25, 9:41 am

Good post Syd and echoes my own views completely. You cannot fight fire with fire, and surely the history of the world shows violence only breeds more violence. I am no saint, and I am not religious in the accepted sense, but no God is worth the death of children. No religion is worth the carnage we have seen in our own cities in recent times.

But we must never forget that these atrocities happen EVERY day in places like Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. We don't see them though do we so these aren't real to us. Yet every day hundreds fo families are being torn apart,  human beings just like us, that bleed like us, suffer pain like us, that love their chilren just like us.

All they want is peace and yet the violence, the maiming, the bombings, the rocket attacks continue and in their horror and distress who can wonder that they blame the West for leaving them to their fate,  for creating the 'war' in the first place, for supplying the weapons that decimate their families, their homes and their cities?

If we want to stop terrorism here in the UK and across Europe, we must look to those places and ask ourselves what did we do to make so many people in those countries hate us so much? And we must look to those that spread hate here at home, and not just the radical clerics, but our newspapers and politicians who magnify the differences and frighten our people into fearing all 'foreigners'.

Only when we truly understand the impact of all we (I mean the West, not just the UK) have done in the Middle East and North and East Africa over hundreds of years, will the solutions be found. I am not confident we have many politicians with the calibre to achieve that. But I do know of one. A man who has always stood for peace. Who always believed you must speak with your enemies to find the way through to end the violence. A man who has been called a weak leader but has shown he is in fact very strong, who has stuck to his principles his whole life, even after the horrific abuse and adverse headlines he has faced every day since he was elected leader. There may be others out there but right now, Jeremy Corbyn is the only man who can lead the UK to find the solutions we need. I am certain of it.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Horatiocarter on 2017-05-26, 8:23 am

If this terrorism is caused by other people's hatred of us because of our past history, how would you explain the actions of I.S. in muslim countries. Surely all this trouble is caused by a minority of Muslims having the belief that all the world should be Islam. These people have such extreme beliefs that talking can only be effective when done by their own religious leaders to prevent any radicalisation. Jeremy Corbyn it seems can't even unite labour followers let alone the world

Horatiocarter
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-05-26, 9:42 am

He's good at protesting....

Citizen Smith springs to mind..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-05-26, 11:14 am

Bacon sandwich.  like
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-05-26, 7:30 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Good post Syd and echoes my own views completely. You cannot fight fire with fire, and surely the history of the world shows violence only breeds more violence. I am no saint, and I am not religious in the accepted sense, but no God is worth the death of children. No religion is worth the carnage we have seen in our own cities in recent times.

But we must never forget that these atrocities happen EVERY day in places like Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. We don't see them though do we so these aren't real to us. Yet every day hundreds fo families are being torn apart,  human beings just like us, that bleed like us, suffer pain like us, that love their chilren just like us.

All they want is peace and yet the violence, the maiming, the bombings, the rocket attacks continue and in their horror and distress who can wonder that they blame the West for leaving them to their fate,  for creating the 'war' in the first place, for supplying the weapons that decimate their families, their homes and their cities?

If we want to stop terrorism here in the UK and across Europe, we must look to those places and ask ourselves what did we do to make so many people in those countries hate us so much? And we must look to those that spread hate here at home, and not just the radical clerics, but our newspapers and politicians who magnify the differences and frighten our people into fearing all 'foreigners'.

Only when we truly understand the impact of all we (I mean the West, not just the UK) have done in the Middle East and North and East Africa over hundreds of years, will the solutions be found. I am not confident we have many politicians with the calibre to achieve that. But I do know of one. A man who has always stood for peace. Who always believed you must speak with your enemies to find the way through to end the violence. A man who has been called a weak leader but has shown he is in fact very strong, who has stuck to his principles his whole life, even after the horrific abuse and adverse headlines he has faced every day since he was elected leader. There may be others out there but right now, Jeremy Corbyn is the only man who can lead the UK to find the solutions we need. I am certain of it.
Drop him off in Syria and let him go talk to I.S.I.S. The prat wont get my vote
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-26, 8:55 pm

The current problems with Islam are traceable to the Gulf war, but before that mistakes made in US diplomacy in the Middle East in general and protectionism against Communism in particular, laid the groundwork.  Power, politics and misplaced beliefs are a volatile mix and the need to have a show of arms to satisfy a vengeful nation or cause is achievable in too many ways nowadays.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-05-31, 11:08 am

Lots of things that put football into perspective. However, if we get things sorted on and off the pitch and make good progress next season then I'm sure that all our spirits will be lifted by it..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum