SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Well done Martin Bain
Today at 2:50 pm by canary-dave

» Predictions Week 14
Today at 2:50 pm by vinkel

» Should we keep him?
Today at 2:11 pm by Kipper

» Happy Birthday for Friday
Today at 11:55 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle go top, again
Today at 11:48 am by cyprussyd

» BURTON ALBION V SUNDERLAND AFC
Today at 12:32 am by cyprussyd

» Is it back?
Yesterday at 7:39 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Managers PETER REID
Yesterday at 5:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore knacked
Yesterday at 2:50 pm by cyprussyd

» RIP David Cassidy
Yesterday at 1:39 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, vinkel

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Allardyce

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allardyce

Post  Rovertsafc on Tue May 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Apparently Allardyce is leaving Palace
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Allardyce

Post  Rovertsafc on Tue May 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:Apparently Allardyce is leaving Palace
Apparently he has left.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 pm

I would have him back if he wanted the job.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  mackem72 on Tue May 23, 2017 5:43 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I would have him back if he wanted the job.

Yeah me too, was just saying to other half last night i wish we could get him back
mackem72
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on Tue May 23, 2017 5:46 pm

mackem72 wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:I would have him back if he wanted the job.

Yeah me too, was just saying to other half last night i wish we could get him back
Me too but cant find anything on net
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sam Allardyce has stunned Crystal Palace by telling them he wants to quit as their manager.
As Sportsmail revealed on Monday [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Allardyce wanted certain assurances from Selhurst Park chairman Steve Parish before committing his future to the club.
But a meeting with Parish earlier on Tuesday ended with Allardyce announcing his desire to leave just days after he celebrated keeping Palace in the Premier League with victory over Hull on May 14.

No statement has yet been issued by the club with the hierarchy understood to be pursuing further talks with Allardyce and his representatives.
But it seems unlikely there will be a U-turn when Allardyce appears to have made up his mind to move on. 
Indeed it is believed he has even cleared his desk at the club's training ground in Beckenham. 

R
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Tue May 23, 2017 6:12 pm

He reputedly left because there were no guarantees he would have money to improve the squad, so don't hold your breath on him coming back while stingey bugger has the purse strings!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue May 23, 2017 7:05 pm

He loves us so will come back for nowt, just how he is  ugly

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue May 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Sam Allardyce tells Crystal Palace he wants to leave the club

By Sky Sports News HQ

Last Updated: 23/05/17 6:14pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sam Allardyce has told Crystal Palace owner Steve Parish that he is quitting the club, less than two weeks after keeping them in the Premier League.
Discussions were held on Tuesday afternoon at Parish's central London offices where Allardyce informed the Palace owner of his decision.
Sky Sports News HQ understands discussions between the two were "civilised" and there was no confrontation between the manager and owner.
[size=14]Europa League,Tomorrow, 19:45pm

[/size]

It also understood that there were no disagreements over transfer budgets or particular transfer targets in the forthcoming window.

Allardyce guided Palace to a 14th-place finish in the Premier League

Allardyce is apparently happy that he has done a good job at Selhurst Park and wants to end his time there on a high note.

The club is yet to confirm the news and are understood to be keen to try to persuade Allardyce to stay. However, that seems increasingly unlikely with the 62-year old adamant he wants to leave.
The former England manager was appointed as Alan Pardew's successor in December, with the club languishing in 17th place and just a point above the relegation zone.

Allardyce held talks with owner Steve Parish (C) in central London on Tuesday

It was a swift return to management for Allardyce, who had been out of work since leaving his post as England boss by mutual consent at the end of September after 67 days and just one game following a newspaper investigation.
Allardyce inspired Palace to six wins from eight matches, including victories over Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, to help them preserve their top-flight status with a 14th-place finish.
In doing so, Allardyce maintained his record of having never been relegated from the Premier League.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Tue May 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Think he will go to Watford. Cannot imagine him leaving Laandaan.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Tue May 23, 2017 7:35 pm

I will always thank him for keeping us up.....but I will always feel he contributed to getting us relegated this season....he knew England was calling and did nothing to get new players in, hampering Moyes.....although overall I don't think Moyes was up to the task,he had the charisma of impending doom whenever he spoke............a mate even has the theory that he was hired to get us relegated??? Shocked
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue May 23, 2017 7:35 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Sam n Moysy. The Barcelona job is available next week. A new dream team or not? Laughing
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Taken from the BBC site:

Sam Allardyce has resigned as Crystal Palace manager five months after he joined the Premier League club.
Allardyce replaced Alan Pardew in December on a two-and-half year deal with the Eagles one point above the relegation zone.
But the 62-year-old, who had an ill-fated [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]led the club to eight wins in 21 games to guide them to a 14th-place finish.
The Eagles are now looking for their eighth manager in seven years.

Something is up as he has given up any fee left on his contract by resigning.  Maybe China is calling though with a huge contract.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Tue May 23, 2017 9:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 pm

@SkySportsNewsHQ 
BREAKING: Sam Allardyce resigns as @CPFC manager and says he has no intention of managing again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“BREAKING: Sam Allardyce resigns as @CPFC manager and says he has no intention of managing again. #SSNHQ”
TWITTER.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Something does not sound right about all this. Another dodgy deal? Shocked
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 pm

so the media it is then.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Something does not sound right about all this. Another dodgy deal? Shocked
My feeling is he had enough after the England fiasco but wanted the chance to rebuild his reputation.

He kept Palace up so job done and time to chill

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Sam Allardyce has resigned as Crystal Palace manager five months after he joined the Premier League club.
Allardyce replaced Alan Pardew in December on a two-and-half year deal with the Eagles one point above the relegation zone.
But the 62-year-old, who had an ill-fated [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]led the club to eight wins in 21 games to guide them to a 14th-place finish.
"I have no ambitions to take another job," Allardyce said in a statement.
"I want to be able to savour life while I am still relatively young, and when I am still relatively healthy enough to do all the things I want to do, like travel, spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager.
"This is the right time for me. I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League."

Allardyce completes his work

Allardyce [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] revealed his decision to chairman Steve Parrish at a meeting in London on Tuesday. The Eagles are now looking for their eighth manager in seven years.
Although it took Allardyce six games to get his first victory, the former Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle and West Ham boss maintained his record of never being relegated from the Premier League.
Only Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Harry Redknapp and David Moyes have managed more games in the top flight.
Allardyce's final game in charge of Palace came on Sunday in a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] having guaranteed safety the previous week by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Following defeat at Old Trafford, Allardyce indicated his plans to improve the squad in the off-season. He had told BBC Sport: "We now need to grow, develop and invest. You need to choose the right players and not the wrong ones. Recruitment is the difficult task in the summer."
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Tue May 23, 2017 9:42 pm

The Guardian's take on it. Still all seems a bit fishy to me.

Sam Allardyce quits Crystal Palace and ‘has no ambitions to take another job’
• Palace escaped relegation but now looking for eighth manager in seven years
• ‘I want to be able to savour life, like travel, spend more time with my family
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sam Allardyce replaced Alan Pardew as Crystal Palace manager in December and kept the club in the Premier League. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA

@domfifield
Tuesday 23 May 2017 21.25 BST   First published on Tuesday 23 May 2017 19.22 BST

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are looking for their eighth manager in seven years after Sam Allardyce shocked the chairman, Steve Parish, by tendering his resignation as he seeks a break from top level management after a tumultuous year.
Allardyce only signed a contract through to 2019 at Selhurst Park [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] having been charged with steering a struggling team into a fifth successive topflight campaign. That was eventually guaranteed with a 14th place finish, and eye-catching wins over Chelsea, Arsenal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] en route, only for the 62-year-old to quit just five months into the role and two days after the side’s last game of term.
He was due a bonus of around £2m for keeping the club in the Premier League, with Palace having eventually finished seven points clear of the cut-off, and had initially suggested he would approach the task of restructuring the squad this summer with relish. However, that stance shifted over the weekend as he reflected on “the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager”. He met Parish at the club’s central London office on Tuesday and, after a 26-year coaching career that has included spells at six topflight clubs, he informed the chairman that he did not wish to remain in the post.

Hull’s Marco Silva to disappoint Watford and take charge of Porto

“In some ways, this has been a very difficult decision to make, but in others it has been a simple one,” he said in a statement released on Tuesday evening. “I will always be grateful to Crystal Palace and Steve Parish for giving me the opportunity to go out with my head held high having helped keep the club in the Premier League. More than that, they gave me a chance of rebuilding my reputation after [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I felt I needed another shot at being a Premier League manager and Palace gave me the chance of rehabilitation.
“That’s why it’s hard walking away now. I think the club are heading in the right direction with a hugely supportive board of directors, a great squad of players and some of the most passionate fans I’ve ever met. It’s been a privilege to have worked here for the past five months. But there comes a time when you have to take stock of what direction you want your life to take, and that’s been the simple part for me.
“I want to be able to savour life while I’m still relatively young and when I’m still relatively healthy enough to do all the things I want to do, like travel, spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager. This is the right time for me. I have no ambitions to take another job. I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.”
Rewind 12 months and Allardyce had successfully [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] before taking up the reins with England post-Euro 2016. Yet his tenure with the national team extended no further than 67 days and one match before a newspaper sting prompted his departure. He succeeded Alan Pardew at Selhurst Park in December with the team 17th after one win in 11 games and, after a difficult start and with heavy backing in the January transfer window, steered them to safety on the penultimate weekend.

Palace were understandably planning for a future under Allardyce given how well things had gone under his stewardship, and with plans well under way for a revamp of the playing squad this summer. Some senior players have already been informed they will either not be retained or are available to move, with the meeting in Parish’s Soho office having initially been scheduled to discuss transfer budgets and recruitment plans. Instead, while the talks were amicable, they concluded with the club searching for yet another manager.
“Steve Parish has been superb during our conversations today,” added Allardyce. “I know it came as a shock to him that I would walk away, but our discussions have been incredibly civilised with no recriminations and no fall-out. This is not about transfer targets, finances or anything along those lines. This is me taking the decision I believe is right for my family and myself. I’ve no doubt I will miss management, but I certainly have no regrets at this decision.”
The club have now been in left in a familiar state of flux, with players unsure where their futures lie – Andros Townsend took to social media on Tuesday to tweet simply “Wow” – and recruitment plans effectively on hold. Allardyce’s initial intention had been to pinpoint up to 10 new players with the intention of ensuring Palace avoided being sucked into another relegation scrap next term. One of those, Jermain Defoe, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on a three-year deal worth around £65,000-a-week and a hefty signing on bonus.

The new incumbent will have to be shrewd in the market this summer with the board having spent heavily in January as they sought to edge clear of the foot. The likes of Luka Milivojevic, Patrick van Aanholt and Jeffrey Schlupp were brought in for an outlay of around £40m, on hefty wages, with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on loan from Liverpool. While Parish had still aspired to recruit the France defender on a permanent basis, that mid-season spending could yet influence the club’s policy over the summer as they seek to comply with financial fair play regulations within the Premier League.
Some players, including the Wales international Joe Ledley, are out of contract and will leave, while the likes of Fraizer Campbell, Bakary Sako, Lee Chung-yong are all expected to depart. The futures of James McArthur and Scott Dann, who began the season as club captain, are also uncertain.

Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Hieronymus wrote:The Guardian's take on it. Still all seems a bit fishy to me.

Sam Allardyce quits Crystal Palace and ‘has no ambitions to take another job’
• Palace escaped relegation but now looking for eighth manager in seven years
• ‘I want to be able to savour life, like travel, spend more time with my family
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sam Allardyce replaced Alan Pardew as Crystal Palace manager in December and kept the club in the Premier League. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA

@domfifield
Tuesday 23 May 2017 21.25 BST   First published on Tuesday 23 May 2017 19.22 BST

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are looking for their eighth manager in seven years after Sam Allardyce shocked the chairman, Steve Parish, by tendering his resignation as he seeks a break from top level management after a tumultuous year.
Allardyce only signed a contract through to 2019 at Selhurst Park [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] having been charged with steering a struggling team into a fifth successive topflight campaign. That was eventually guaranteed with a 14th place finish, and eye-catching wins over Chelsea, Arsenal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] en route, only for the 62-year-old to quit just five months into the role and two days after the side’s last game of term.
He was due a bonus of around £2m for keeping the club in the Premier League, with Palace having eventually finished seven points clear of the cut-off, and had initially suggested he would approach the task of restructuring the squad this summer with relish. However, that stance shifted over the weekend as he reflected on “the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager”. He met Parish at the club’s central London office on Tuesday and, after a 26-year coaching career that has included spells at six topflight clubs, he informed the chairman that he did not wish to remain in the post.

Hull’s Marco Silva to disappoint Watford and take charge of Porto

“In some ways, this has been a very difficult decision to make, but in others it has been a simple one,” he said in a statement released on Tuesday evening. “I will always be grateful to Crystal Palace and Steve Parish for giving me the opportunity to go out with my head held high having helped keep the club in the Premier League. More than that, they gave me a chance of rebuilding my reputation after [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I felt I needed another shot at being a Premier League manager and Palace gave me the chance of rehabilitation.
“That’s why it’s hard walking away now. I think the club are heading in the right direction with a hugely supportive board of directors, a great squad of players and some of the most passionate fans I’ve ever met. It’s been a privilege to have worked here for the past five months. But there comes a time when you have to take stock of what direction you want your life to take, and that’s been the simple part for me.
“I want to be able to savour life while I’m still relatively young and when I’m still relatively healthy enough to do all the things I want to do, like travel, spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager. This is the right time for me. I have no ambitions to take another job. I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.”
Rewind 12 months and Allardyce had successfully [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] before taking up the reins with England post-Euro 2016. Yet his tenure with the national team extended no further than 67 days and one match before a newspaper sting prompted his departure. He succeeded Alan Pardew at Selhurst Park in December with the team 17th after one win in 11 games and, after a difficult start and with heavy backing in the January transfer window, steered them to safety on the penultimate weekend.

Palace were understandably planning for a future under Allardyce given how well things had gone under his stewardship, and with plans well under way for a revamp of the playing squad this summer. Some senior players have already been informed they will either not be retained or are available to move, with the meeting in Parish’s Soho office having initially been scheduled to discuss transfer budgets and recruitment plans. Instead, while the talks were amicable, they concluded with the club searching for yet another manager.
“Steve Parish has been superb during our conversations today,” added Allardyce. “I know it came as a shock to him that I would walk away, but our discussions have been incredibly civilised with no recriminations and no fall-out. This is not about transfer targets, finances or anything along those lines. This is me taking the decision I believe is right for my family and myself. I’ve no doubt I will miss management, but I certainly have no regrets at this decision.”
The club have now been in left in a familiar state of flux, with players unsure where their futures lie – Andros Townsend took to social media on Tuesday to tweet simply “Wow” – and recruitment plans effectively on hold. Allardyce’s initial intention had been to pinpoint up to 10 new players with the intention of ensuring Palace avoided being sucked into another relegation scrap next term. One of those, Jermain Defoe, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on a three-year deal worth around £65,000-a-week and a hefty signing on bonus.

The new incumbent will have to be shrewd in the market this summer with the board having spent heavily in January as they sought to edge clear of the foot. The likes of Luka Milivojevic, Patrick van Aanholt and Jeffrey Schlupp were brought in for an outlay of around £40m, on hefty wages, with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on loan from Liverpool. While Parish had still aspired to recruit the France defender on a permanent basis, that mid-season spending could yet influence the club’s policy over the summer as they seek to comply with financial fair play regulations within the Premier League.
Some players, including the Wales international Joe Ledley, are out of contract and will leave, while the likes of Fraizer Campbell, Bakary Sako, Lee Chung-yong are all expected to depart. The futures of James McArthur and Scott Dann, who began the season as club captain, are also uncertain.

Sounds spot on

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 am

Unfortunately he wouldn't be that daft......no money, limited squad, a chaiman hell bent on selling the club. Yes, I can see the attraction. A grasp at straws there lad's,  quite literally.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on Wed May 24, 2017 1:10 am

this cant be all coincidence, sam resigning just days after moyes goes, got to be more to it.

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum