SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 3:48 am by cretanmakem

» Results of week 9 and fixtures for week10
Yesterday at 11:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Martin Bain on Simon Grayson
Yesterday at 7:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Morrisons Jarrow
Yesterday at 7:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Manager Sacked
Yesterday at 7:35 pm by Nostalgic

» The way forward
Yesterday at 12:15 pm by vinkel

» I had a dream
Yesterday at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
2017-10-22, 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
2017-10-22, 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
2017-10-22, 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Next Sunderland manager, runners, riders and rumours.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Next Sunderland manager, runners, riders and rumours.

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-06-07, 3:53 pm

What about Ally McCoist
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2017-06-07, 3:58 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:What about Ally McCoist

He's got no experience and we would be better off going for SuperKev (who would generate more excitement) in that case Wink
Gordon Armstrong
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-07, 6:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sunderland are set to hold talks with managerial candidate Garry Monk - and the Echo understands he would seriously consider an offer.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-06-07, 7:04 pm

Would have Monk in a heartbeat

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-07, 9:05 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:

He's got no experience and we would be better off going for SuperKev (who would generate more excitement) in that case Wink
He managed Rangers for 3 years from June 2011- December 2014 (during some very difficult times!) and was assistant manager to Walter Smith from January 2007 until he was appointed manager. So I would suggest that is as much experience as some of the other candidates being mentioned.

I am inclined to think he might be an interesting option. Ally was a very popular figure here in the early 80's, even if rather a lot was expected of such a young man, and ultimately he was not as successful as we wanted. And I am sure he still has an affinity for SAFC and didn't he marry a Sunderland lass?

I recall coming to Gary Bennett's testimonial and by chance ended up sitting next to him in the main stand. Just remember him as a lovely, friendly, very chatty, young man. I got his autograph on my ticket and still have it somewhere.

At least no one would ever be able to accuse him of being dour and negative (unlike our recent Scots manager!) because that is just not his way at all Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-06-07, 11:26 pm

Whom ever it is I just hope he's gets to rip what's left of the 1st team apart regardless of the loss in selling them.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2017-06-08, 10:22 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:

He managed Rangers for 3 years from June 2011- December 2014 (during some very difficult times!) and was assistant manager to Walter Smith from January 2007 until he was appointed manager. So I would suggest that is as much experience as some of the other candidates being mentioned.

I am inclined to think he might be an interesting option. Ally was a very popular figure here in the early 80's, even if rather a lot was expected of such a young man, and ultimately he was not as successful as we wanted. And I am sure he still has an affinity for SAFC and didn't he marry a Sunderland lass?

I recall coming to Gary Bennett's testimonial and by chance ended up sitting next to him in the main stand. Just remember him as a lovely, friendly, very chatty, young man. I got his autograph on my ticket and still have it somewhere.

At least no one would ever be able to accuse him of being dour and negative (unlike our recent Scots manager!) because that is just not his way at all Very Happy

Do the experiences in amateur leagues count, though (that I didn't know, or forgot, about)  tongue

* definition of amateur, straight from the OED . . . . 'shite Scottish leagues' Very Happy
Gordon Armstrong
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-08, 10:38 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:

Owers and Armstrong were my 2 favourite players of the era, but i can't for the life of me remember Gordon looking like that.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-08, 10:50 am

Monk being interviewed today with Sunderland trying to persuade him he's better off here than at Boro or Hull.
Apparently.
According to some report my Leeds colleague has seen.
Anyway. Good luck with that.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Manager, Moyes, Kone

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-08, 10:50 am

LIVE: Sunderland AFC news - manager latest as talks and interviews under way; Kone set for exit and transfer updates 

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's election day but who is going to win the race to be Sunderland manager? We bring you all the news on the search for David Moyes' successor in our live blog. Scroll down and refresh for the latest updates. 

Latest headlines

• Sunderland start to hold talks and interviews with managerial candidates

• Garry Monk, Derek Mcinnes and Simon Grayson still among the favourites

• Lamine Kone linked with cut-price West Brom move

• New job for David Moyes

Moyes return?
On the subject of managers, David Moyes could be back in work pretty soon. Here's the[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Monk patience

Here's the latest on Garry Monk. He's a firm favourite and Martin Bain is understood to have held talks with his representatives - though the ex-Leeds man is not short of offers.

Quick recap

Here's what we know so far:

• Sunderland are holding talks with managerial candidates
  • Garry Monk will seriously consider an offer
  • Derek McInnes remains one of the favourites with the bookies
  • suggestions that their could be a deal by the weekend

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-06-08, 11:26 am

To be fair he is probably the best out of a very underwhelming bunch.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-08, 3:17 pm

BORO SET TO CHOOSE PEARSON OR MONK
Middlesbrough are deciding between Garry Monk and Nigel Pearson after both candidates completed interviews for the vacant manager's job, according to Sky sources.
Sky Sports News HQ understands that former Leicester boss Pearson has had a number of discussions with Boro officials, while Monk held a meeting with the club after returning from holiday this week.
Sky sources say Monk has also spoken to Sunderland about their vacant manager position but would prefer to take over at the Riverside.
He had been on holiday since resigning after a successful season at Leeds and did not speak to any other clubs before this week.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-09, 9:09 am

Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips is the shock new favourite to be the Black Cats' new manager

The former striker has seen his odds slashed overnight to now lead the betting. He is 6/4 with SkyBet and evens with Ladbrokes to be David Moyes' successor, while he was priced at 25/1 last night. The 43-year-old is coach at Derby County and had been tipped early in the running after Moyes resigned more than three weeks ago. Phillips is known to be keen to get into management and while he doesn't have the experience of other candidates, he would be a name a lot of fans would welcome. Super Kev enjoyed a goal-laden time on Wearside, scoring 130 goals in 235 appearances for the Wearsiders, during which time he also won the European Golden Shoe in the 1999/2000 season. 

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-09, 10:08 am

Cheapest option?
Someone with whom Bain will have a greater balance of power?
Keeps some fans happy.

I guess that's why the bookies have slashed the odds.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-09, 11:01 am

Hull have appointed Slutsky.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-09, 11:08 am

Monk to Boro.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2017-06-09, 11:47 am

Pearson it is then
oxfordshire
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-09, 12:02 pm

I guess this means we are officially behind in the race to sign a manager.

I have every faith that it will be sorted by the end of next week Rolling Eyes
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2017-06-09, 12:53 pm

I Pray that you are right.
oxfordshire
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-09, 2:43 pm

Garry Monk: Middlesbrough set to confirm former Leeds United boss as manager

• 49 minutes ago

• [size=13]From the section[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]

[size=16][size=16]Sharethis page
[/size][/size]

[size=11]Garry Monk won 47% of his games in charge of Leeds United

Middlesbrough are set to confirm former Leeds United boss Garry Monk as their new manager later on Friday.
After interviewing several candidates, Monk has emerged as Boro's first choice and will sign a long-term deal.
Monk, 38, left Leeds on 25 May after being [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]with new owner Andrea Radrizzani.
He managed Swansea City in the Premier League between 2014 and 2015 before guiding Leeds to a seventh-placed finish in the Championship last season.
Middlesbrough finished 19th and were relegated from the Premier League after winning just five of their 38 games under previous bosses Aitor Karanka and Steve Agnew.
Agnew took over from Karanka on 16 March on a temporary basis and could not prevent Boro going down but is expected to stay on at the club in some capacity.
Former Southampton and Everton striker James Beattie, who worked with Monk at Leeds, is expected to be part of his coaching staff again at Middlesbrough.
Monk, who was appointed on a one-year rolling contract at Leeds in June 2016, had been expected to sign a new deal with the Yorkshire club after Radrizzani gained full control of the club from Massimo Cellino.
However, Monk left saying he was unable to "agree a suitable way for us all to move forward together".[/size]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-06-09, 3:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Garry Monk: Middlesbrough set to confirm former Leeds United boss as manager

• 49 minutes ago

• [size=13]From the section[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]

[/size][/size]

Middlesbrough are set to confirm former Leeds United boss Garry Monk as their new manager later on Friday.
After interviewing several candidates, Monk has emerged as Boro's first choice and will sign a long-term deal.
Monk, 38, left Leeds on 25 May after being [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]with new owner Andrea Radrizzani.
He managed Swansea City in the Premier League between 2014 and 2015 before guiding Leeds to a seventh-placed finish in the Championship last season.
Middlesbrough finished 19th and were relegated from the Premier League after winning just five of their 38 games under previous bosses Aitor Karanka and Steve Agnew.
Agnew took over from Karanka on 16 March on a temporary basis and could not prevent Boro going down but is expected to stay on at the club in some capacity.
Former Southampton and Everton striker James Beattie, who worked with Monk at Leeds, is expected to be part of his coaching staff again at Middlesbrough.
Monk, who was appointed on a one-year rolling contract at Leeds in June 2016, had been expected to sign a new deal with the Yorkshire club after Radrizzani gained full control of the club from Massimo Cellino.
However, Monk left saying he was unable to "agree a suitable way for us all to move forward together".[/size]

You may not agree but I think you have dodged a bullet there, mediocre at Swansea and ran out of steam and ideas at Leeds  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-09, 3:28 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Garry Monk: Middlesbrough set to confirm former Leeds United boss as manager

• 49 minutes ago

[/size][/size]

You may not agree but I think you have dodged a bullet there, mediocre at Swansea and ran out of steam and ideas at Leeds  like

That could be true. Some good work at one point but how he didn't keep them in a playoff position I'll never know.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-06-09, 3:36 pm

Retained list out on Facebook what a f*cking joke.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-06-09, 9:50 pm

Monk gone to Boro.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-06-10, 10:40 am

canary-dave wrote:

• 49 minutes ago

[/size][/size]

hope your right Dave, i fancied him to take us forward.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum