SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» I had a dream
Today at 2:26 pm by Hieronymus

» 4.50 Saturday and then
Today at 2:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Grayson out
Today at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:25 am by Silvers

» Mr H will be delighted
Today at 9:57 am by Hieronymus

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

» word is
Yesterday at 6:51 pm by talcnturnip

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 6:18 pm by Silvers

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Explosion at Manchester Arena

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Explosion at Manchester Arena

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-23, 12:04 pm

One of my colleagues had to drive over to Manchester last night to get her daughter and friend (+ friend's mum) from the Holiday Inn. They were at the concert. Really brings it home. Luckily they were unhurt. My heart goes out to everyone affected and their families.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-23, 12:20 pm

An apparently unrelated arrest has also been made at the city's Arndale Centre:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A suicide bomber killed 22 people, including children, as an explosion tore through fans leaving a pop concert in Manchester.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-23, 1:43 pm

Breaking news.

UK.NEWS.YAHOO.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-05-23, 1:44 pm

I feel sick angry and very upset.  I didn't sleep last night, that f*cking animal targeted little children for christs sake.  Sky news has just shown a photo of a beautiful 8 year old girl who was blown to bits last night.  Words fail me
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-23, 1:51 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:I feel sick angry and very upset.  I didn't sleep last night, that f*cking animal targeted little children for christs sake.  Sky news has just shown a photo of a beautiful 8 year old girl who was blown to bits last night.  Words fail me
pic above

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-05-23, 1:53 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:I feel sick angry and very upset.  I didn't sleep last night, that f*cking animal targeted little children for christs sake.  Sky news has just shown a photo of a beautiful 8 year old girl who was blown to bits last night.  Words fail me
pic above
Thanks Syd, I've seen it but tbh I'm finding it hard to look at the little angel
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-23, 1:55 pm

There is no justification, sense, rhyme or reason.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-23, 3:13 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-23, 7:59 pm

Georgina Callander, 18

Georgina Callander with Ariana Grande
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , an 18-year-old college student from Lancashire, was the first victim to be identified following the Manchester attack.
Georgina was an Ariana Grande superfan and was enjoying the concert with her friends at the time of the blast.
Many of her friends have paid tribute to the teen, alongside Runshaw College where she was studying, and a number of celebrities.
Daisy Gill, who was at the concert with her, posted a photograph of them and wrote on Twitter: “Rest in piece Gina my angel, we were both having such an incredible evening and I can’t believe it ended this way. #Manchester #RipGina”

Saffie Rose Roussos, 8

Saffie Roussos
Eight-year-old [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was killed in the attack on Monday night, her school, Tarleton Community Primary School, confirmed.
Saffie, who is thought to be from Tarleton, near Preston in Lancashire, had been at the Ariana Grande concert with her mum Lisa Roussos and sister Ashlee Bromwich when the explosion shook the venue.
Her mum and sister were rushed to hospital, but lost contact with Saffie.
Chris Upton, headteacher at Saffie's school, said in a statement: “Saffie was simply a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word. She was loved by everyone and her warmth and kindness will be remembered fondly. Saffie was quiet and unassuming with a creative flair.
"The thought that anyone could go out to a concert and not come home is heartbreaking."

John Atkinson, 28

John Atkinson
28-year-old John Atkinson from Bury was the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to be identified.
It's understood that John had been leaving the concert when a lone man detonated a suicide bomb shortly after 10.30 on Monday evening.
Friends and family have paid their respects to the man they've described as "one in a million."
Taliè Andrèa said: "Heartbroken for the Atkinson family at this sad time never would I imagine this happening so close to home. Rest in paradise John you beautiful soul.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-23, 10:22 pm

Unfortunately not all people are appalled at the violence in. Manchester. This guy...and absolutely not a Muslim... seems to be quite pleased with it. I imagine there might be some other extremists who are happy when those they hate get murdered. 
We really need to stop blaming the victims.

RIGHTWINGWATCH.ORG

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-23, 10:47 pm

It is easy - don't read or watch their vile stuff and dont repost. They want publicity so don't give it to them Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-24, 6:56 pm

RTLEC.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-24, 7:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RTLEC.CO.UK
By all accounts this young lady is a shining light and not like the typical 'pop star' so this does not surprise me at all. If it helps her come to terms with her unwitting part in this awful event and it helps the families in any way good luck to her Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-05-24, 7:30 pm

Lovely gesture!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-25, 7:15 am

'They wanted to be together forever - and now they are.' Police confirm South Tyneside teenagers are victims of Manchester suicide attack Chloe Rutherford and Liam Curry KEVIN CLARK Email 01:43Thursday 25 May 2017 3 HAVE YOUR SAY Police have confirmed teenage sweethearts from South Tyneside are among the dead in the Manchester suicide attack. ADVERTISING inRead invented by Teads The families of Chloe Rutherford, 17, and 19-year-old Liam Curry had travelled to the North West in the hope of finding the pair, who had been missing since the attack at the Manchester Arena on Monday night. But a joint statement issued via Greater Manchester Police in the early hours of today confirmed their passing: "On the night our daughter Chloe died and our son Liam died, their wings were ready but our hearts were not. "They were perfect in every way for each other and were meant to be. "They were beautiful inside and out to ourselves and our families, and they were inseparable. "Chloe always described herself as ditzy who Liam adored and would do anything for, including dealing with Chloe’s demands for chocolate. "They lived to go to new places together and explore different cities. They wanted to be together forever - and now they are."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: