SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

Lever Malone, silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

David Moyes could still quit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Moyes could still quit

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-20, 10:57 pm

Sunderland manager David Moyes could still quit if chairman Ellis Short gives him short shrift over transfers

• David Moyes will sit down with the Sunderland hierarchy to discuss his future 
  • Moyes wants assurances that Ellis Short will back him in the transfer market 
  • Black Cats are in a precarious financial state with debt levels of £140million 
  • Sunderland sign off from a poor campaign with a trip to face champions Chelsea

By Craig Hope for The Mail on Sunday
PUBLISHED: 22:30, 20 May 2017 UPDATED: 22:30, 20 May 2017

David Moyes' future as Sunderland manager will be decided in the coming days - and again he has hinted he could quit if owner Ellis Short does not make guarantees over investment.
The relegated Black Cats sign off from a miserable season at champions Chelsea on Sunday but it will be discussions elsewhere in the capital later in the week which have a far greater impact on their destiny.
Moyes wants assurances that Short - who has put the club up for sale - is willing to back him in the transfer market and the boss has used the example of North-East rivals Newcastle as the model to follow in winning promotion the season after going down.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sunderland manager David Moyes will discuss his transfer kitty for next season with Ellis Short

Sunderland chairman Short could yet need to begin a search for a new manager this summe

But the Scot also knows that Sunderland are in a far more precarious financial state with debt levels of £140million.
'I think the finances do make things tricky,' he said. 'It's well documented the club is over £100m in debt and has high wages, so I think everyone's aware of the financial difficulties the club's in. 
'But we'll see what he (Short) comes up with, see what it looks like and see what he can maybe do with the bank or things they can do elsewhere.' 

Sunderland will have to overhaul their squad this summer in a bid to return to the top flight

Jordan Pickford is expected to leave the club with a £30million price tag placed on him

Asked if he could walk away should those talks not be to his liking, Moyes said: 'I've got to hear what he says first. It's not just one plan, it's a couple of different plans. 'I've looked back a few years and been able to draw up some ways it (promotion) has been done.
'Yes (there is the parachute payment of £47m) but maybe all that money could get used up for other stuff. Because you've got that it doesn't necessarily mean it goes on recruiting players.
'Maybe we have to sell to buy - that could be a way. But do you buy first? It's bit like selling your house and buying a house - what works first?'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4525924/Sunderland-manager-David-Moyes-quit-funds.html#ixzz4hesrn6xf 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: David Moyes could still quit

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-20, 11:04 pm

David Moyes is on the brink of quitting Sunderland after losing dressing room and fans' trust
Only concerns about his compensation package have kept Moyes from quitting now but many staff at the club believe he could be gone by the end of this week

Exclusive: Moyes on brink of Sunderland exit after losing fans and dressing room
Only concerns about his compensation package have kept Moyes from quitting now but many staff at the club believe he could be gone by the end of this week
MIRROR.CO.UK

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-20, 11:15 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-20, 11:51 pm

Wouldn't be a great surprise if he did..

But any new manager will face the same scenario....
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2017-05-21, 9:29 am

For the last few years all I've wanted is some managerial stability to settle us down and get us back on the right track
Despite having some sympathy for Moyes, unfortunately nothing I've seen from him this season gives me any confidence that he is the right one for us.
Think we should cut our losses, get rid ASAP and get someone in quickly to at least give them a fighting chance
Who that someone is or could be, I have no idea
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-21, 9:39 am

Sunderland AFC News And Banter Page
3 mins · 
Sunderland boss David Moyes will return to work early to begin squad overhaul

Sunderland boss David Moyes will return to work early to begin squad overhaul
David Moyes will waste no time in getting to grips with the summer squad overhaul, and intends to be back at his desk by early June

CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK|BY JAMES HUNTER

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-05-21, 10:00 am

Jerry the Jinx wrote:For the last few years all I've wanted is some managerial stability to settle us down and get us back on the right track
Despite having some sympathy for Moyes, unfortunately nothing I've seen from him this season gives me any confidence that he is the right one for us.
Think we should cut our losses, get rid ASAP and get someone in quickly to at least give them a fighting chance
Who that someone is or could be, I have no idea
My sentiments too
We do need stability but he has proved not to be the man
He says the wrong things at the wrong time.
He needs to have confidence in what he says but every other word is doom and gloom.
He's complaining before the season is finished about next season.
He may have a plan but he needs to let us the supporters know how he feels
He needs to speak with some passion and conviction to get us on board to what he is planning.
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-21, 10:33 am

Yes, he does need to demonstrate basic enthusiasm for the job...

We took to Big Sam as he seemed genuinely passionate about football..

With Moyes we are at the other extreme..

But he was the same at the toffees and did a good job although he did have some money there to play with..

As always, it is down to the long and SHORT of it all..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-05-21, 10:40 am

Not bothered either way,we want stability but will we get that with a manager who has supposedly lost the dressing room.
What I would like to see Short do is with the great wealth he has is pay of the debt in one quick swipe.
The debt is pocket money to him.
This will then give whoever the manager is a stable building block to begin our promotion drive.
And then do what the so called big clubs have done is buy the titles,not build gradually.
I am sick of hearing we have to build gradually,well we have tried it and it has failed miserably.
The power to great things in the premier league is money.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Footie73 on 2017-05-21, 12:22 pm

Well if it is in the mail it must be true. 
Nowhere, and I am here to be corrected, can I find a statement from Moyes using Newcastle as a model.

First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-21, 10:03 pm

Footie73 wrote:Well if it is in the mail it must be true. 
Nowhere, and I am here to be corrected, can I find a statement from Moyes using Newcastle as a model.

I think this article has been written based on what someone presumes was discussed last Monday. They've pieced together a version of 2 + 2 = 5 from what I can gather.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-22, 7:11 am

Sunderland manager David Moyes will hold crunch talks with owner Ellis Short in London on Monday.
The Scot did not travel back to Wearside with his players after their thumping defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Sunderland boss Moyes stays in London to discuss future with Short
SAMI MOKBEL AT STAMFORD BRIDGE: The Scot did not travel back to Wearside with his players after the Chelsea defeat. Post-match, Moyes had the air of a man…
DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-05-22, 4:24 pm

Apparently the players nicknamed Moyes the 'energy vampire' make of that what you will. 

He was clever in that he very quickly put it about that we were relegation fodder so that his reputation did not suffer with poor results.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum