SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

Lever Malone, silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Does this tarnish Defoe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does this tarnish Defoe

Post  cyprussyd on Thu May 18, 2017 9:58 am

Jermain Defoe is seeking to capitalise on his free transfer status by demanding £100,000-a-week and a signing-on fee of around £6million to leave Sunderland.
West Ham and Bournemouth lead the chase for the 34-year-old, who is set to leave the Stadium of Light this summer as a result of a relegation release clause in his contract allowing him to depart for nothing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

West Ham target Jermain Defoe demands £100,000-a-week
Jermain Defoe is seeking to capitalise on his free transfer status by demanding £100,000-a-week and a signing-on fee of around £6million to leave Sunderland.…

STANDARD.CO.UK|BY STANDARD SPORT

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does this tarnish Defoe

Post  Kipper on Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am

No
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 am

Not at all, he owes us f*ck all.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Thu May 18, 2017 11:52 am

Not at all, good luck to him. 15-20 goals a season, and no bother on or off the pitch, is worth at least that to any Premier League team.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Footie73 on Thu May 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Go on son go for it, capitalise on the few years you have left. I bet lesser players are earning that.

First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on Thu May 18, 2017 1:36 pm

If a club want to pay that money for a player of his age upto them, id have liked to see him stay after all we brought him back to the P L
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 pm

another year would have been good to help us get back at first attempt..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Thu May 18, 2017 3:23 pm

I thought he might have stayed for Bradley's sake!   Sad

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Thu May 18, 2017 3:56 pm

yes, I hoped that too..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Thu May 18, 2017 4:01 pm

He hasn't gone yet and has never publicly said he will. All he has said is that he has a release clause in the event of relegation. I would love him to stay personally, and become an even bigger hero than he already is. But if he does leave then he goes with my best wishes Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Thu May 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Out of desperation we rescued his career in the swap and the benefits have been mutual up to now.  I dismiss the figures in the article as just wild newspaper talk as no club is desperate enough to pay a wage like that ,

With his new connections to the NE via partner, Bradley and us it would be nice if he repaid us for what has been shown to him.

Either way, he came got paid then left, just a shame that the relegation clause triggered the move.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu May 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Out of desperation we rescued his career in the swap and the benefits have been mutual up to now.  I dismiss the figures in the article as just wild newspaper talk as no club is desperate enough to pay a wage like that ,

With his new connections to the NE via partner, Bradley and us it would be nice if he repaid us for what has been shown to him.

Either way, he came got paid then left, just a shame that the relegation clause triggered the move.

Bournemouth ready to offer Jermain Defoe a staggering £18million to ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
9 hours ago - JERMAIN DEFOE is being offered a staggering £18MILLION contract by Bournemouth— despite turning 35 in five months. The Sunderland and England striker will be available on a free and the Cherries are dangling a £115,000-a-week, three-year deal in front of him. ... Bournemouth are ...

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Thu May 18, 2017 6:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Out of desperation we rescued his career in the swap and the benefits have been mutual up to now.  I dismiss the figures in the article as just wild newspaper talk as no club is desperate enough to pay a wage like that ,

9 hours ago - JERMAIN DEFOE is being offered a staggering £18MILLION contract by Bournemouth— despite turning 35 in five months. The Sunderland and England striker will be available on a free and the Cherries are dangling a £115,000-a-week, three-year deal in front of him. ... Bournemouth are ...

For someone in the twilight of their career, that would be very difficult to turn down if true!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Thu May 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Hogwash.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Billy D wrote:

Hogwash.
Part or all?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

If this is true, Defoe would be a fool.to turn it down....imho like
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Fri May 19, 2017 9:00 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

If this is true, Defoe would be a fool.to turn it down....imho like

Too right. He's not ripping us off so what's the problem? If Sunderland want Premiership quality players they should have stayed in the Premiership.. He's been brilliant for us and an ambassador for the club, The brightest shining light we've had for a long time. Good luck to him.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on Fri May 19, 2017 5:55 pm

The more money people have, the more they want...sadly, this seems to be the way things are..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum