SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Mr H will be delighted
Today at 8:23 am by talcnturnip

» Grayson out
Today at 8:02 am by cyprussyd

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 7:33 am by cyprussyd

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

» word is
Yesterday at 6:51 pm by talcnturnip

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 6:18 pm by Silvers

» Tina anybody?
Yesterday at 2:16 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Yesterday at 1:49 pm by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Vincemac on 2017-05-30, 9:15 am

cretanmakem wrote:Well what a busy day in the Cretan house yesterday turned out to be . The usual doggy feeding , patio cleaning , plant watering chores just multiplied into a day finally ending with a 2am lurve train dancing around the bar and tables that are our favourite watering hole ' Coconut ' bar and grill Sissi .
A walk into the hills resulted in pics for your viewing of just where we live , Mr RAW you can see in yonder distance the infamous Malia ( I have as yet never walked down the notoriuos Beach Road after dusk , and never will ) , I just do not get why anyone wants to have a holiday in the Cretan version of Blackpool Hell . Although I have met and had a beer ( well several actually ) with a Sundermadder not far from this 'oldies' nightmare .

Maria has her thumb under our home , and in the background along the coast are the busy areas known as Malia and Stalis , our humble abode in the second picture is the one appearing to have two orange eyebrows ( which are our rear bedroom roofs/rooves ) overlooking one patio area and glorious views . With only fourteen homes and no shop , kafeneon , bar or any such amenity we are a very quiet , secluded hamlet , quite amazing really considering the mayhem that is Malia is only 5 kms away . 
A walk , a call from a neighbour , my artistic work ( I have as yet not  revealed to many a new found income for cretanmakem ) and a pre arranged meal and boogie with a tourist met last year on a return visit ( this really astounds me that anyone wants a second encounter with myself ) meant the day flew by . 
So my little Sundermadders this is a place to avoid on your holidays , it is the home of Cretanmakem , and no one of sound mind and body would intentionally want that dubious encounter on their holiday cv . 
I leave you today with why  one of our neighbours rang me ,,, this cactus rarely flowers and the flowers are here for a fleeting 24 hours , life here in Pyrgos is full of excitement and tension and this 'event' is as exciting as it gets .

On a sad not  
Two tourist found dead on stalis beach next to the dianameads resteraunt

That's me lying on the beach outside the diaonameads
We will be there again first two weeks in July
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-30, 9:28 am

Give us a bell Vince , I am sure we can manage a Mythos or ten in your company and maybe a Ruby murray at one of your fav eateries . 
RED ALERT sundermadders ,,,, one day in July the crap chat will never appear I will be recovering from an encounter with Vince and copious amounts of alcohol

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-30, 9:34 am

It looks lovely Cretan and one day perhaps we will get over for a visit.  Me and Mr H are not beach holiday types but think I've told you before I love all the ancient history stuff and walking in beautiful countryside so it sounds perfect for me. Would have to be in winter though. I explode if the temperature gets above 21 degrees! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-30, 1:31 pm

Hieronymus wrote:It looks lovely Cretan and one day perhaps we will get over for a visit.  Me and Mr H are not beach holiday types but think I've told you before I love all the ancient history stuff and walking in beautiful countryside so it sounds perfect for me. Would have to be in winter though. I explode if the temperature gets above 21 degrees! Very Happy
You are more than welcome , winter here is great and the temps are still good , flights are for nothing , my son comes start and end of season and gets return flights from Gatwick below £100 . Many many places of interest and the villages alone are worth a wander . We walk everywhere ,,,, well home to kafeneon , home to restaurant , home to bar ,,,, haha you get the drift .

My last winter in UK , we don't get these over here ,,,,, yipeeeeeeeee

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-05-30, 2:50 pm

cretanmakem wrote:Give us a bell Vince , I am sure we can manage a Mythos or ten in your company and maybe a Ruby murray at one of your fav eateries . 
RED ALERT sundermadders ,,,, one day in July the crap chat will never appear I will be recovering from an encounter with Vince and copious amounts of alcohol
wg2
I will email you and we can arrange a day like like
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-31, 5:03 am

Those rich buggers on the hill ower yonder . 
If I was a rich man ,,,, yeah Villa Isabella wouldn't be a bad place for a barbie and a dip .
From the side view of our rear patio ( well the place of Marias meditating and lazing in the sun ) in the slightly left of centre is a quite nice little pad , taken just after sunrise this morning . THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT I hasten to add , but just shows what is available in our little corner of paradise . Sleeps 12 so the nightly rate isn't at all bad for rich Sundermadders ,,,,, just be warned the cretanmakem neighbours expect full use of pool , bar and barbie ,,,,

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p1646989?k_clickid=CjwKEAjwsLTJBRCvibaW9bGLtUESJAC4wKw1gxJgPold1PCSh0KcS

So if you all want to PARTIEEEEEE here in Pyrgos we will provide the Mythos and Meze . 
Have a good one .

ps the link following the video has stunning pictures of the interior and pool areas well worth a look , hmm maybe I should be a booking agent ,,, wonder how many Mythos I get per person ..... ?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-31, 12:34 pm

Two posts for the price of one today , if you are a late vistor to crap chat please see previous post .
Been busy in the garden and at my outdoor workstation (  tomorrow more on this subject I promise ) . And had to share a picture or two .....

snapped a picture of Isabella ( right of centre ) from my bottom garden whilst having a chilled Mythos after my hard toils of the morning . 

From my same seat this is a greek stairway from our top patio to my garden , we built this when we bought the house just 20 months ago , plant life grows mighty quick here .

Oh and Maxi one of the pups says hi Sundermadders .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-01, 4:52 am

Now I am aware most people reckon I talk out of my arse , maybe that is true , but I also use my backside for bodily functions and to rest my weary bones after grafting in the sun . 
Maria also has a bottom and by far more attractive to gaze at than mine she only has the ONE .
So in our humble abodes outdoor areas with TWO bottoms to accomodate how is it we have the following to rest said bottoms . 

Now come on TEN seating areas is a bit more than OTT , okay one is just for plants but bloody hell just how many places do TWO people need to surrepticiously avoid each other in daylight hours . 
Any Sundermadder that ever has the misfortune to cross my path please be aware you can easily avoid my company in my own home , just get a beer from the fridge and seat your ONE arse in any of our seats , it will take me hours to locate you and your arse . Have a lovely day ,,, now where did I last sit to read ?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-02, 4:46 am

Very brief today . Six years ago this Siberian Husky ( Misha ) saved my life .
This past week he has shown signs of stress . Yesterday and last night he has been on a drip , Maria and I have not had much sleep , Maria being nursey and having to give him hourly injections .Today we get his full blood results but we already know his kidneys have problems . He will be on a drip at the vets early today and so we will be sat pacing , worrying , and me undoubtedly shedding more than a tear or two , he is MY BOY .
[url=http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif][/url]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-06-02, 4:57 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you cretan, I really hope things work out for you all!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-06-02, 6:20 am

Sorry
To hear that mate
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-02, 9:35 am

Awwww that is sad. Hope things improve and you have more time together, but if not you will always have good memories of a loyal friend and much loved member of your family Sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-03, 5:49 am

Thanks for your kind thoughts , an injection every hour , 24/7 is draining ( mostly Maria to be fair ) and today Misha has the company of Christina his lovely vet for the day . Slight progress overnight but poorly kidneys are still poorly kidneys . 

As I live a quiet life of retirement ,,,,, Pooh picking , patio cleaning , dog and cat care , gardening , more gardening , online 'work' , cooking ( I am 99% the chef in this household ) , and another 'occupation' in the making ( all to be revealed after some lol business meetings pre July ) and of course the obligatory restaurant and kafeneon visiting ( I would be rude not to ) there is not much time for relaxation . However WORDS , written WORDS , them things we take for granted to communicate , I love them , I love reading WORDS . And so as I am knackered this morning I am going to give you my present favourite WORDS ,,,,,

Cafune .... the art of running your fingers through your lovers hair ( not a lot of call in summer here when I'm a shaved baldy , but hey ho and away we go when winter approaches ) .

Meraki.... us 'modern' Greeks use this to explain when you put your soul , love , creativity into something . ( NO Vince I don't mean that beautiful effort of lifting your first pint as you land in  Crete and see it's wonderful people and ALL those many many bars  ) . 

Destinesia....when you arrive at where you were going only to forget why you were going there ( reckon most of us have a destinesia moment more often than not nowadays ) .

Just three of my words of pure delight ,,,, there are more but for your weekend homework , learn these three and for you lucky lucky ones maybe a combo of the first two with a loved one results in a feeling relative to Sunderland winning the Champions League but of course at most of our ages the third word will undoubtedly ruin that moment of ecstasy ,,,,, enjoy Sundermadders .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-06-03, 7:46 am

cretanmakem wrote:Thanks for your kind thoughts , an injection every hour , 24/7 is draining ( mostly Maria to be fair ) and today Misha has the company of Christina his lovely vet for the day . Slight progress overnight but poorly kidneys are still poorly kidneys . 

As I live a quiet life of retirement ,,,,, Pooh picking , patio cleaning , dog and cat care , gardening , more gardening , online 'work' , cooking ( I am 99% the chef in this household ) , and another 'occupation' in the making ( all to be revealed after some lol business meetings pre July ) and of course the obligatory restaurant and kafeneon visiting ( I would be rude not to ) there is not much time for relaxation . However WORDS , written WORDS , them things we take for granted to communicate , I love them , I love reading WORDS . And so as I am knackered this morning I am going to give you my present favourite WORDS ,,,,,

Cafune .... the art of running your fingers through your lovers hair ( not a lot of call in summer here when I'm a shaved baldy , but hey ho and away we go when winter approaches ) .

Meraki.... us 'modern' Greeks use this to explain when you put your soul , love , creativity into something . ( NO Vince I don't mean that beautiful effort of lifting your first pint as you land in  Crete and see it's wonderful people and ALL those many many bars  ) . 

Destinesia....when you arrive at where you were going only to forget why you were going there ( reckon most of us have a destinesia moment more often than not nowadays ) .

Just three of my words of pure delight ,,,, there are more but for your weekend homework , learn these three and for you lucky lucky ones maybe a combo of the first two with a loved one results in a feeling relative to Sunderland winning the Champions League but of course at most of our ages the third word will undoubtedly ruin that moment of ecstasy ,,,,, enjoy Sundermadders .

like like glass
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-04, 5:50 am

Just before 6 am with the sunrise in full on glory I saw a sight I usually would not want to see first thing on a beautiful Sunday morning ( no I wasn't confused and starring at my arse in a wardrobe mirror ) my Misha peeing n pooping for all he is worth around the rear patio . This is a good sign ,,, and of all days , today we have a rest day of hourly injections until tonight when somehow we have to find a vein in his neck beneath his manly mane and begin the next phase of his treatment , oh the joys of loving dogs . 

But it being such a beautiful morning it somehow took me back a few weeks , a time when I reminisced with Maria over the happiest time of my life ( and the worst in someways ) .
Google Earth wow what a marvellous tool , you can find anywhere in the world , explore places new and amazing . But have you ever gone into your past on Google earth ? 
We remember our life in snippets I guess , little bits , the good , the bad , the ugly . Well I remember as if it was yesterday my walk to school when we lived in Coombs , Suffolk just outside Stowmarket . At the age of 5 yrs to 8 yrs my daily school walk back in the 60s was a wonderous walk , a walk of country life , fields of corn , hedgerows full of birds and butterflies , caterpillars by the thousand none of the horrors of today , kiddy fiddlers , mobile phones , gameboys , kids talking of tv horrors as if that should be the norm ,,,, no none of that entered my young world , I loved life , I had no distractions from the way this beautiful world was back then .
But was my memory accurate about that walk ? ,,,, Well I wanted Maria to know about happy times in my life ( she certainly knows about the difficulties I have faced more recently ) . So we began 'my walk' on Google earth , it is simple , find your old home and direct your 'online direction' as if you were walking the walk . I took Maria on that walk as if we were hand in hand way back then , before I hit the next arrow on the screen to move further on my walk I described what my mind said we should see , and at every pace I had had an experience those so many years ago ( too many for me to say here today ) but poorly seagull , Live and Let Live pub , Ashley Andrews dads farm , my first stickleback pond , the red and black hedge ( so many caterpillars back in the day it was a hedge of vibrant living colour ) the scarey old ladies house , the country vets , the school yard oh I could live it all again . Well no I didn't want to relive school dinners ,,,, I hated my initiation into 'over cooked carrots in gravy ' and I have never since eaten any stodgy pud ( chocolate , jam roly poly , spotted dick et al I HATE them ALL ) . And that first school day kicking , screaming , crying , I wasn't going to leave my mum no bloody way , I was a whirling tornado of fury back then ( not a lot different now I guess ) but mummys boy I was and evostick would do well to look at that bonding material , hell hath no fury like a child torn from it's mum .
It was an emotional journey for me , I was accurate to a ridiculous level on that journey , I lived it then and ( thank you my mind ) I live it now in full bright colour in my head . I am not sure Maria knows how important taking her back into my world is to me , a world before life takes over and growing up interferes with the carefree life kids had back then  . I am sure she knows the significance this journey had on me then and how it effected me in the rest of my life . I loved it then and I love it now , but now I share it with Maria , she has walked my walk , she will be the only person apart from me my mum and my sister ever to walk that walk . Maria has become part of that 'happy' time in my life , 

Take time out , go to Google earth and relive those magical moments of your life ,,,,, for me it was total pleasure .

Have a lovely day , we are off to meet friends and the lady who sold us this home has journeyed from the UK so maybe another memory is in the making for Google earth the future .

What a wonderful name for a pub .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-05, 5:50 am

With my Misha poorly and vet bills mounting up , life has changed this past week . In my life I would always of wanted to have dogs dogs and more dogs , but at what health , wealth and time constraints can you achieve your aims , your dreams ?
Having taken in eleven strays ( one from Dogs Trust Leeds  , one ( my Clatters ) passed away and nine from the streets in the local area ) we are left with ten of the little buggers . 
Four years into my new life on Crete , three years into my life with Maria , two years into our life in our home with ten dogs and two bin cats and five kittens and this week I have to take maybe for me a life changing choice . 
Our life is hectic , or so it seems , daily chores , animal care , my online 'work' , the garden , I would love it to be sun , sea , sand and relaxed downtime but life isn't that easy . 
So this week I am about to embark on a journey which may or may not result in my life returning to a fulltime work schedule . 
This world is full of good and bad and all shades in between . Most of us cannot understand the needless things we see about us . Most of us cannot affect these horrors . But can I in my own small way do something in my world on Crete .
My work / life balance was always way off kilter , a workaholic life resulted in all sorts of life difficulties for me , but I cannot and will not allow that to influence my choices this week .
I am having chats , relaxed conversations with people 'in the know' to see if I can help in some way , it may result in something I didn't expect , it may result in nothing , it may result in my past experiences being of use in some small way , it may just be I can be of use just by listening and caring and encouraging , I do not know . 
What I do know is this week my life will change , my commitment to help will in some way change my life from today , maybe an hour or two a week maybe forty maybe sixty , life is full of challenges , decisions , mine this week will probably be as big as any previous in my life .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-05, 9:28 am

Life is full of choices Cretan and I have always said at the end of life I never want to look back and say "I wish I had done that when I had the chance". For me choices, even difficult ones, offer opportunities. I wish you all the best however you choose to proceed.   Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-06, 7:36 am

Your day of reckoning is looming , Red , Blue and whatever colours all those other parties parade under .
I cannot/will not comment on who should or should not be voted into number 10 , it is freedom of choice to one and all in a democratic environment . 
The last real political event that made me vote was way back when , I now think nothing much of any of them . 
Manifestos written to buy votes mean sod all , political preaching to win votes means sod all , cliches and 'sound bites' mean sod all. 
What your own personnal World/British issues are is what counts , vote according to whom you believe can deliver as much as possible to your issues . You may be a die hard red , you may be a die hard blue , but who will deliver for you ? 
I don't know . Me , I reckon they are all a bunch of bastards out for their own and not my issues . 

Way back when , when a vote mattered to me and mine was a long time ago . 

Whatever your political views and beliefs if you haven't yet seen this film ,,,, get a bag of popcorn some maltesers a cuppa tea and sit back and enjoy a bloody good film . 

Thursday will come soon enough ,,, enjoy a couple of hours away from it and the recent events that could easily destroy your democratic rights . 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-07, 5:08 am

Well well and here I am thinking I am the font of all knowledge , well I have to admit to a failing ( it only happens every ten years or so ) .
Crete has massive advantages for someone like myself , no one here needs or wants to know why I am here , suffice to say I need Crete more than it needs me .
But living as much as I can without the outside world entering my life I miss things , most I don't really care about and bad as it sounds if the rest of the world wants to implode then fine by me as long as Crete is left alone as my paradise . Selfish ? yes definately .

Last night we watched further episodes of the superb series 'Billions' , I love it , an easy watch , villans and good guys , but theres the rub , are the good guys villans or vice versa . I like both camps in this great tale , but who is who and should I like the law or should I prefer the guys taking every advantage of said law ? 
Either way it'll do for me .

And now here is my point today , this confusion of mine about Billions is an easy confusion , we all select the good guy usually , we go for the underdog usually , we go for the downtrodden and we generally boo the baddies . We know where we stand .
But I went to bed with my mind in a right old tiz , on Billions a new character , one I love , one I see as different , one that is different and I am confused . 

If I say non-binary ( I , Mr naive thought of maths etc ) how many Sundermadders actually know what non-binary is ? Great you all do , I really do live in a cave and my apologies for todays crap chat , but I had no idea of non-binary ( term also known as genderqueer ) . Well Taylor ( the Billions character ) is a non-binary character and a non-binary actor called Asia Kate Dillon and what a bloody good actor indeed . I will not go into non-binary and its meaning , only this , it has opened up a can of worms in my head , probably like Mr Hawkin finding a black hole where it cannot possibly be and desperately looking for answers , I read for 30 or 40 minutes last night about this subject and today after my chores and before one of several meetings this week I am going to study non-binary /genderqueer and try to understand as much as I can , my font needs filling up with this knowledge . 

We all get confused about all sorts of stuff during our lives but this gender identity confusion must be one hell of a weird one in your head . Long gone are the days of simply being man , woman , gay as  sexual groupings ( however much I don't care who is what ) but now my head has been filled with pangender , trigender , gender binary , flags of sexual nationality , bissu , gender fluid etc etc . I am going back to school , I am opening my font of knowledge to be filled with new information , I want to know and understand , thankfully the internet will give me my learning . 

In the meantime Asia Kate Dillon , they ( as a non-binary uses singular they pronouns ) are an amazing actor , one I want to see more of . The first non-binary character on television , their role ( weird even to think and write like this ) and their portrayal  of non-binary has got at least this one viewer needing to know more . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-08, 7:29 am

The Greeks and the financial mess they are in .
Well it is well known the economy is buggered over here , we the ex pats are fortunate in many aspects of living here , however in a few instances we are easy targets for the almost daily tax changes and what was yesterday tax exempt is now a taxable item . 
An obvious example is swimming pools , if you had one built with your property at any time in the past this item is taxable , due to just digging into the ground basically , this tax can easily add 8,9 10,000 euros to the cost of your pool . Now I would argue if you can afford a pool then you can afford the taxes . Fair or not fair , debateable . Answer , today is have a pool that just sits on a base ontop of the ground , today these are tax exempt whatever their size ( tomorrow they might not be mind ) . 
So building a house twenty years ago with accurate planning permission seems a worry free scenario . Oh no , we had a mechanica around yesterday , a surveyor as such , and even though plans were correct for our property we now have a potential tax bill close to 2000 euros for external work which was legally done 20 years ago but now they change the law and this has fallen into a taxable loop hole . Today he returns to 'survey' another piece of land we have , I can say now he will be giving us another 1k tax bill , a hardbase has been put on the land for a carport and on another base stands a shed , neither of which I need , they were just there when we purchased the land , but he will be giving us a 500 euro fine for each you can bet on that . 
A great reason to live in the country ,,,,, painting your own home , most of us have bought a tin of paint and painted our own home , yes? Did you then like a law abiding citizen  go to the tax office and pay taxes on the work you did on your own home ? Of course you did not , you in the UK do not have to . Here in Greece any work you do on your own home has to be declared and tax paid , total bollocks . If you live in a village / town or any community any nosey neighbour is likely to drop you in it with the law . But live away from anyone and who knows when and how often you paint your own home . Spying on your friends ,family,neighbours ,,,, no wonder there are family feuds going back generations here . 
So they are just one or two examples of how as an ex-pat you can easily fall foul of the law , even 20 years after you legally abided by the law . 

The flip side , not sure I should give this out ( doubt any nosey neighbour will read this ) , loop holes go both ways . 
If I worked 100+ hours in a bar or hotel here I might be lucky and earn 300 euros a week ( that is 3 euros an hour ) and I pay my taxes on that . So how is it I can earn 700 euros a week online tax free and legally , I can earn 365,000 euros a year tax free legally online . And there is my loophole ( well the only one I am going to divulge ) . I am a registered tax payer here , I am a registered resident , I am totally legal here and as I see it I will never have to break the law but will never pay any taxes on my earnings ( NOW WHO THINKS MY POKER IS A GAMBLE ? ) .

Laws go both ways in this mad crazy world but the Greek laws take a lot of beating for their STOOOPIDITYYYYYYYY .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-08, 9:33 am

I lived in the States for a few years a long time ago, and I was quite shocked to find many people avoided their equivalent of council tax by not repairing or painting the outside of their house, as such 'improvements' made them liable for more tax to pay. When you see movies with American neighbourhoods there is always the odd decrepit, run down one here and there, and that was why! I always felt that it was a ludicrous system but sounds like Crete have adopted it too.

And don't gloat too soon Cretan as I am sure at some point governments will catch up with modern technology and start charging tax on online transactions. To be honest I have advocated this for quite a while. A transaction tax on all financial movements could transform public finances. And, more importantly, make the greedy banks, brokers and sharedealers etc. pay their fair share for literally doing nothing but gambling with other people's money.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-08, 10:34 am

Dementia tax

Garden tax

Death tax

Window tax

If it moves or does not move tax it
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-08, 10:48 am

Hieronymus wrote:I lived in the States for a few years a long time ago, and I was quite shocked to find many people avoided their equivalent of council tax by not repairing or painting the outside of their house, as such 'improvements' made them liable for more tax to pay. When you see movies with American neighbourhoods there is always the odd decrepit, run down one here and there, and that was why! I always felt that it was a ludicrous system but sounds like Crete have adopted it too.

And don't gloat too soon Cretan as I am sure at some point governments will catch up with modern technology and start charging tax on online transactions. To be honest I have advocated this for quite a while. A transaction tax on all financial movements could transform public finances. And, more importantly, make the greedy banks, brokers and sharedealers etc. pay their fair share for literally doing nothing but gambling with other people's money.
No gloating here ,,,, tax starts at 17% online , however the Greek government allows a poker player a daily tax free sum of 100 euros , and if I earn more on any one day they even tell me how to 'move' any amount over 100 to the next day ad infinitum if I was lucky enough to win a million on any one day ,,,,, now that is madness , NOT me gloating .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-08, 10:50 am

sunderpitt wrote:Dementia tax

Garden tax

Death tax

Window tax

If it moves or does not move tax it
One day soon I will explain the burial laws here and the 'tax' penalty for a burial and the subsequent movement of the bones here .
And just wait till I get onto the subject of cremation , my fuse is gona blow .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-09, 11:15 am

Busy day today folks , Misha off to the vet , so a quicky cheaty Thai cretan massaman style Cretanmakem creation on the go ,,,,,, easy peasy .

Slo cooker ,
Bung this lot in , chicken pieces , chopped tatties , garlic , fresh chillis ( hot to trot from Percys garden ) , dry chilli seeds ( Percys last year crop ) , kaffir lime leaves , passata , chopped toms 1 tin , coconut milk 1 tin , pepper , 2 chopped onions , curry powder , fish oil ( my most essential cooking ingredient baby ) , soy sauce , lime/lemon juice ( fresh from Percys garden ) .
8 hours on full cook today , in the morning another 4 hours and serve with rice for tea tomorrow with side of wok fresh veggies in soy sauce . Job's a good un .

Enjoy .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum