SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Defoe
Today at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 7:02 pm by cyprussyd

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 6:41 pm by cyprussyd

» We have a new record..
Today at 6:30 pm by Billy D

» CHATBOX
Today at 3:37 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 72
Today at 3:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Is it enough
Today at 3:28 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 2:18 pm by canary-dave

» Coleman appointed
Today at 11:57 am by Sid MCFC

» The question needs to be asked
Today at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-20, 9:58 am

Looks like fun. Good luck! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-10-21, 8:04 am

Day 2 of the Cretan Masters and pretty much as expected , an early bath for Kostas and myself beaten in round 2 by a pairing from 'Tigers' Cyprus , when I left the event they were still there battling in the semis so well done . We had our chances but they hit their doubles first time of asking and comfortably beat us . 
Today sees the  Ladies Open during the day and the round robin group play of the Masters tonight . 64 men battling for the trophy and the title 'Minotaur Masters Champion ' . Will be hard for me to qualify from my group but my aim was to be playing on finals day so I just have to do my best . 

Four Amigos pre tourney ,,,,, the smiles did not last . 

Maria 'Onassis' with Mrs Halliwell posing during play . Wayne Halliwell won the opening days event and was looking good on day two in the doubles .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-10-21, 10:00 am

I forgot to mention ,,,, a blast from the past dropped into the darting arena yesterday , just on a holiday with friends a certain David Sadler looking good for his age a former teammate of Mr G.Best and co at Manure back in the 70s . Was a pleasure to meet the man.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-21, 10:27 am

Keep the posts and news coming Cretan Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-10-23, 7:12 am

Wow four days of darts , beer , smiles , greetings , farewells and new friends came to an end yesterday . I am knackered , with our daily travelling and worry about leaving our dogs for long periods plus my appalling standard of darts it has been a gruelling weekend . 
I have learnt many things , Crete can organise a great competition , the Cretans embrace their guests with smiles and open arms , unpaid organisation daily went exceedingly well , darts players are a family , Cypriots are hard nosed winners , the Germans are bloody funny and like more than a beer or ten . New friends have been made , friendships in the darting world forged , my thanks to those that kept me smiling even though my darts made me want to cry ( Kermit Merritt , Wayne Halliwell , John Ross ( German , American , Cypriot lol just what are you John Ross ) Denise Halliwell , Cynthia Pay and Kostas just to name a few ) .
So from 30+ years without playing darts  to playing a long weekend of darts was an experience I will never forget . Can I find a set of arras to suit ? I know not , would I do it all again ,,,,, hmmm reflection on that one .
My thanks especially go to my beloved Maria , patience , tact and a never ending optimism got me through this weekend . I have no idea how you put up with me but hey your God put you on this world to ensure the likes of me do not self destruct . He was a winner this weekend .

From Cretan Makem , Maria and Demetres Georgiou masters winner 2017 farewell from Cretan Darts for this year .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-23, 6:04 pm

like like like
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-10-24, 3:48 am

A final pose for our final picture of Cretan Masters 2017, Myself , Kermit , Maria and one of many very friendly Germans sharing a beer . Great days great people , thank you Crete .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-10-26, 4:15 pm

So the Masters is over , back to the day job ( well part of it anyway ) . The Christmas bazaars start in November and so begins an opportunity to boost funds to feed the strays in our area during the winter close season , it also helps fund vet care when needed . 
Painting pebbles surprisingly relaxes me and provides an income for the dogs we try and help . Already my Christmas pebbles are generating an income , mind I reckon some asian kids making trainers for Nike earn a better day rate , but hey ho this is life on Crete .

A new lodger , taken off the street and a broken leg operated on , will get love , care and food until she flies to Norway and a new safe home .

Pebbles supposedly being painted for our first bazaar , selling already due to facebook power , not complaining but my overtime rates are pretty crap so time is now a very precious commodity . 

Pebble Power , buying a pebble at the winter bazaars keeps a dog alive , the only other ingredients are time and patience ( didn't know I had either ) .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-26, 7:27 pm

You know Mr CM, I am not keen on dogs, gardening or darts but like, say Syd an infuriating optimist.. I like and admire the guy. 

I certainly would not find it difficult to have a few beers and chew the fat.

Your blog is always interesting and well written.

I am a little envious atm...imy wife and I have taken the grandkids on holiday for a fee days in half term... she has caught bug... so the cot for the toiddler and the 4 year old are in my bedroom
..i may sleep on the couch? The highlight of tonight will be some sport on sky mobile. Mind the game last night spuds v Wistham was not bad

Good on you mate
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-10-27, 5:07 am

sunderpitt wrote:You know Mr CM, I am not keen on dogs, gardening or darts but like, say Syd an infuriating optimist.. I like and admire the guy. 

I certainly would not find it difficult to have a few beers and chew the fat.

Your blog is always interesting and well written.

I am a little envious atm...imy wife and I have taken the grandkids on holiday for a fee days in half term... she has caught bug... so the cot for the toiddler and the 4 year old are in my bedroom
..i may sleep on the couch? The highlight of tonight will be some sport on sky mobile. Mind the game last night spuds v Wistham was not bad

Good on you mate
LOL my worst nightmare is my kids having children , not that I don't like kids , just I would rather not have the little buggers around . So having the 4yr old and a wee un in my bedroom puts the 3 dogs sleeping in with me last night seem okay and bearable . Mind you Maria was on the sofa cos the newbie had pain so Maria bless her had the company of 11 dogs during the night . We don't do this for admiration or money or anything other than giving dogs a chance to a better life ,,,, mind you it has escalated way beyond our intentions . Sleep deprivation being a wee problem ( but an afternoon kip in the sun does help ) .
Enjoy your grandkids and a few days away , hope your missus gets better soon , none of us know what's around the corner enjoy every day be it with your family or like us with a house full of dogs . Always someone worse off mate , just think I could have my dogs and bloody grand kids ARGHHHHHHHHH .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-10-27, 5:55 am

A change of sport from today ,,,,, egg chasing but not my beloved Union , this is the Rugby League World Cup . 
During my 50+ years living in Britain I had virtually no interest in League rugby , I went to Old trafford once to watch Widnes trounce St Helens in the Stones Bitter Championship final or some other final I canny remember ( invited by the sponsors to a piss up basically ) , I really had not a clue WTF was going on on the pitch ( probably much like SAFC supporters faithfully at the SOL atm ) . 
Since moving to Crete my interest in Rugby League has gone from none to , well pretty much fanatic in the skill , strength and pace of the game , however there is a but , I love Aussie Rugby league and have zero knowledge of English matches or players . 
And so today in the opening match Aussies versus England the out and out favs are Aussie land , I will have a knowledge of every player in gold and no knowledge of the players playing for MY country England . How many of us blindly support OUR countries players/teams with no idea of who they are ? For me I will scream at the box for England , I will cheer them on , I want success for England , I am really looking forward to midday ( 10 am Brit time ) .
So if you fancy a different sport for an hour or so I fully recommend watching some of the Rugby league world cup ..... 

COME ON ENGERRRRRLAND

BBC sport log in check the timetable and give it a go , with a cuppa tea and a biscuit , you will not be disappointed .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-10-27, 9:26 am

cretanmakem wrote:A change of sport from today ,,,,, egg chasing but not my beloved Union , this is the Rugby League World Cup . 
During my 50+ years living in Britain I had virtually no interest in League rugby , I went to Old trafford once to watch Widnes trounce St Helens in the Stones Bitter Championship final or some other final I canny remember ( invited by the sponsors to a piss up basically ) , I really had not a clue WTF was going on on the pitch ( probably much like SAFC supporters faithfully at the SOL atm ) . 
Since moving to Crete my interest in Rugby League has gone from none to , well pretty much fanatic in the skill , strength and pace of the game , however there is a but , I love Aussie Rugby league and have zero knowledge of English matches or players . 
And so today in the opening match Aussies versus England the out and out favs are Aussie land , I will have a knowledge of every player in gold and no knowledge of the players playing for MY country England . How many of us blindly support OUR countries players/teams with no idea of who they are ? For me I will scream at the box for England , I will cheer them on , I want success for England , I am really looking forward to midday ( 10 am Brit time ) .
So if you fancy a different sport for an hour or so I fully recommend watching some of the Rugby league world cup ..... 

COME ON ENGERRRRRLAND

BBC sport log in check the timetable and give it a go , with a cuppa tea and a biscuit , you will not be disappointed .
Don’t know the difference between union or league 
Never seen it 
All those that do enjoy
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-10-28, 1:44 pm

After my chores , three Rugby World Cup matches back to back , lovely . Half time Manure n Spuds and I took our rubbish to the village bin , my journey is a 150 metre each way pleasure . 

My neighbours oranges soon to be ready for us to pick and enjoy ( he lives in Iraklio and doesn't come to use his crop ) 
Seeing them from my side gates I feel the need for Vodka and orange ,,,, just have to wait until December to pick them fresh from the trees .

My journey down our lane , our wall and land on the left . 

Bottom of our lane and a right turn , 100 metres to the bins , on the left another neighbours bouganvilla takes centre stage . 

A two minute walk from start to finish as I wander up our lane and back for the second half . Looks cold in Manchester ,,,, nearing 30 here as I slowly wander home . 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-28, 3:07 pm

Yeah, quite cold, windy and dull here today and Manchester looked horrible with heavy rain as well. Enjoy your lovely weather Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum