SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

lesmac, oxfordshire

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:11 pm

This is what life is all about when friends come to visit , thanx Lexi for the collage ,,,, mind you not enough pics of me I think . 


Sundermadders go back a page this is NOT todays crap chat ,,,, two for the price of one day on page 9 ,,,,, Iknow you will regret not reading them ,,,,,,

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:53 pm

So happy that you have had a great time with your visitors, and can feel the love you have for Crete, Maria and all your mates Very Happy

Everyone has their demons, but acknowledging how lucky you are to have good friends and a loving family in your life, and just enjoying the moment, is the best way to banish them Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8152
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Thegingas on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Yamas! Wow I got quite teary there... and for once I'm speechless. We have had a fab holiday as usual and although we didn't get you on the happy train (yet) we've had an amazing time wining and dining and the company of you and Maria makes it all the more special! ❤️
avatar
Thegingas
member
member

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 am

Thegingas wrote:Yamas! Wow I got quite teary there... and for once I'm speechless. We have had a fab holiday as usual and although we didn't get you on the happy train (yet) we've had an amazing time wining and dining and the company of you and Maria makes it all the more special! ❤️
Just goes to show how sad a life a ginga Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil leads in Scoooootland  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . you will suit Vrahassi  No No No No No No

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Tired , tired , tired , how can feeding a few dogs do this , I am absolutely buggered , knackered and downright fooked . 

Well one reason ,,,,, THE GREAT ESCAPE . 

9 days into my stint of looking after these dogs all seems reasonably good , they certainly enjoy a different face visiting them , might have a lot to do with the treats Maria and I take them , the toys ,  the doggy morsels , the extra bit of attention . Most of the dogs here are long termers , they have problems that make them near impossible to rehome , untreatable cancer , tumours that look alien , anti social tendencies , fear of humans the list goes on . 

My intention was to keep them safe , fed , watered and still breathing until their owner returns , yeah well that seemed to be going swimmingly until Monday morning , I was met in the olive grove by two escapees ,,,, WTF how where why when ,,,,, Golden balls ( a handsome dude with a mighty fine pair ) and Gizmo ( he stares at you constantly from the opposite end of the run , never within a mile of you ) . 
Okay that Don't panic Captain Mannering moment came and came and came and stayed . 
I ran to the pound ,,,,, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 phew just these two , heart slowed slightly , Golden balls was jumping up licking me and just happy to have me to himself for a minute or two , no problem there then so he was numero 12 back safe . 
Gizmo ,,, how do you get a scared dog back into a pound that is terrified of humans ? No double safety doors on this place , no way to open the gate and lock the others into a safe pen . Oh bloody hell my mind was going into overdrive .
I cleared the pooh , I fed and watered ( here is another story to tell ) the magnificent dozen . I left Gizmo a small portion of food and water outside the run hoping that would keep him there . 
And I searched inch by inch for the tunnel , the crafty Colditz style plan to escape , the hidden POW style cunning plan to evade humans . NOPE NADA NOTHING NOWT , not a sign of run to FREEDOM way out . So being tired I wondered did they just follow me out , sneak behind my back ( no possible way Giz would have to brush up to a human and that is never happening in his lifetime ) . 
So with a fair bit of confusion and fear for Giz I returned home , now doing this walk to and fro twice a day in heat in the 40s with my leg still to be 100% and a broken toe is causing me a bit of difficulty , so to have to repeat it again is not going to be good . Anyway I returned home , and after grabbing a lungful of oxygen and copious water Maria and I returned to the crime scene .
We searched high and low ,,, no escape route to be seen , cunning buggers so they can either teleport , or aliens abducted them and just missed an accurate return by a metre or two .
My plan , coral the others at the far end of the run , couple of pallets and Maria laden with treats to hold them at bay whilst we place smelly smelly dog meat in the centre of the run , open the gate and wait for Giz to appear ,,,, temps closing to mid 40s dogs totally uncooperative my patience and frustration totally evident we eventually get this happening , me hidden in the bushes to block his escape route . 
Bless him no sooner had I settled and down a path he merrily wanders like a strolling minstrel into the run and head first into the smelly smelly meat . Jobs a good un , gate secured , Stalag role call indicates 13 all present and correct .
I return at teatime , apprehensive my 13 will be 11 ,,,, but no alls good , feed em , water em , stroke em ( well those that let me ) , medicate those that need a variety of pills to stay alive , shoo the chickens collect the eggs and bugger off home to BED .
Oh yes next morning a repeat , Golden balls comes to say hi , Giz is way back where . 11 good boy doggies are just as normal wanting to lick my face off my head , Golden balls merrily follows me into the run , Giz has done a runner . So routines done I decidde not to leave him food or water this time , bloody Houdini can wait till I return tonight ( this itself is a risk , Cretans and Albanians have no qualm shooting , hanging or poisoning a dog anywhere near their land , Giz runs a high risk of being dead within 24 hours ) . So with heavy heart I walk home . I return with trepidation ,,,, WTF he is doing his stare at me from INSIDE the run , how the hell ? 
I do my routines then I now exaggerate , for the millionth time I check every nook and cranny for the way to FREEDOM . Nothing , nada , sweet bugger all . 
I am getting tired , with this on top of my own dogs , with the stressed foster girl and the pup my life is on auto pilot , add into the mix Ginga nation on a visit and I am beginning to non function . 
Day three of THE GREAT ESCAPE ,,,,, NO GREAT ESCAPE , phew I relax , I do my chores with nearly a gay abandon , I lock up and walk away ,,,,, no sooner than 20 paces and there to my left is Giz , smug looking bastard staring right at me as if he is cleverer than me ( at this moment in time he definitely is ) . I turn ,,, and there it is ,,,, manna from heaven ,,, a sight to behold ,,,, a meerkat moment , a wee head popping up , not from a hidden tunnel but from the overhanging shelter in the run , golden balls halfway to freedom and Commandant Cretan catching him mid escape . 
Oh the joy , I grab Golden balls ( not by the proverbials ) and return him to safety . I see the escape route , we would never ever of found it , a wire mesh is over half of the run  this has a green netting over it to give the dogs protection from the never ending sun . These wee buggers had contrived to make a hole in the wire and using clever skills raised themselves up from the top of one of their kennels and onto the cover , then fleet of foot gone over the top , over the side and to FREEDOM . Huge admiration to them both . The green netting hid all of this from us . 
So I have taken my time writing this , before I do my dogs here and then wander to the magnificent 13 ,,,, or will it be 11 ????

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Hahahaha, what a great story! Being no dog lover myself, although I would never actively hurt any. I think you are completely out of your mind! Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8152
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Commandant Cretan at roll call 10am this morning 

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11










12








13

Ah vel dun my little prisoners , all prezzent and correct , you shalt not not be punished this time but if eet appens again you will feel the force of my flippity flopssss .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Vincemac on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:23 am

Have a nice day mate
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6502
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Percy's progress ,,,, well not quite .

Little things please little makems ,

As this last couple of weeks has been mayhem , and with Maria and myself on ours knees with exhaustion , the life of Percy in Cretans garden has been virtually nil and void . Watering has been my only activity . But life goes on , plant life goes on . 
Now I certainly am not a gardener but like to try my hand at growing our own mini supply . And to this end here are some things that have quite amazed me ( to a gardener this will all be total bollox I am sure ) the pleasure of producing something however inadequate gives me a great deal of satisfaction . 
And so here are some things I have found give me great pleasure ,,,,,
1. this mornings crop of assorted toms and a cucumber for our Greek salad lunch .
2. Aubergines growing in a trough ( better than the ones in the garden )
3. Galia melons in a trough ( better than the ones in the garden ) 
4. 100 chilli plants now planted in my quest for my very own 'chilli river' , beginning to see my aim ? 
5. Our first figs on our first fig 'tree' planted only this season . 






Little victories , from tiny acorns ,,,,, grow a lot of amazing stuff , I have my very own good life , with my very own Barbara , and I have a very close neighbour a wee bit like Margo ,,,,, life is good , even if very very tiring .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Percy indeed! How is the heat there? All we are hearing on the news today (apart from Neymar going to PSG!!!!) is of the 'Lucifer' heatwave that is sweeping across the Med and Southern Europe. Meanwhile it's 18 degrees here and cloudy, with a brisk North Westerly wind keeping it quite cool! Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8152
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Percy indeed! How is the heat there? All we are hearing on the news today (apart from Neymar going to PSG!!!!) is of the 'Lucifer' heatwave that is sweeping across the Med and Southern Europe. Meanwhile it's 18 degrees here and cloudy, with a brisk North Westerly wind keeping it quite cool! Very Happy
Heat what heat ?
Do you mean that big orange ball burning my heeeed , and making me even more grouchy as I walk to feed em dogs ?
Or is it what makes me wake at all hours during the night drowning in sweat and needing to breast stroke to survive ( easy Billy it is a swimming style not a booby grope ) ? 
Or maybe it is indeed Lucifer the devil in disguise making me all thirsty and 'forcing' way too many Mythos down my parched throat ?
Or maybe this 40 heat is what makes Maria all bronzed and me hide for cover and have a siesta ,,,,,, just about now ?

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Vincemac on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:16 pm

cretanmakem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Percy indeed! How is the heat there? All we are hearing on the news today (apart from Neymar going to PSG!!!!) is of the 'Lucifer' heatwave that is sweeping across the Med and Southern Europe. Meanwhile it's 18 degrees here and cloudy, with a brisk North Westerly wind keeping it quite cool! Very Happy
Heat what heat ?
Do you mean that big orange ball burning my heeeed , and making me even more grouchy as I walk to feed em dogs ?
Or is it what makes me wake at all hours during the night drowning in sweat and needing to breast stroke to survive ( easy Billy it is a swimming style not a booby grope ) ? 
Or maybe it is indeed Lucifer the devil in disguise making me all thirsty and 'forcing' way too many Mythos down my parched throat ?
Or maybe this 40 heat is what makes Maria all bronzed and me hide for cover and have a siesta ,,,,,, just about now ?
Love it 100
Plenty mythos time
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6502
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:51 am

Vincemac wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Percy indeed! How is the heat there? All we are hearing on the news today (apart from Neymar going to PSG!!!!) is of the 'Lucifer' heatwave that is sweeping across the Med and Southern Europe. Meanwhile it's 18 degrees here and cloudy, with a brisk North Westerly wind keeping it quite cool! Very Happy
Heat what heat ?
Do you mean that big orange ball burning my heeeed , and making me even more grouchy as I walk to feed em dogs ?
Or is it what makes me wake at all hours during the night drowning in sweat and needing to breast stroke to survive ( easy Billy it is a swimming style not a booby grope ) ? 
Or maybe it is indeed Lucifer the devil in disguise making me all thirsty and 'forcing' way too many Mythos down my parched throat ?
Or maybe this 40 heat is what makes Maria all bronzed and me hide for cover and have a siesta ,,,,,, just about now ?
Love it 100
Plenty mythos time
I am with you Vince

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Vincemac on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:33 pm

cretanmakem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Percy indeed! How is the heat there? All we are hearing on the news today (apart from Neymar going to PSG!!!!) is of the 'Lucifer' heatwave that is sweeping across the Med and Southern Europe. Meanwhile it's 18 degrees here and cloudy, with a brisk North Westerly wind keeping it quite cool! Very Happy
Heat what heat ?
Do you mean that big orange ball burning my heeeed , and making me even more grouchy as I walk to feed em dogs ?
Or is it what makes me wake at all hours during the night drowning in sweat and needing to breast stroke to survive ( easy Billy it is a swimming style not a booby grope ) ? 
Or maybe it is indeed Lucifer the devil in disguise making me all thirsty and 'forcing' way too many Mythos down my parched throat ?
Or maybe this 40 heat is what makes Maria all bronzed and me hide for cover and have a siesta ,,,,,, just about now ?
Love it 100
Plenty mythos time
I am with you Vince
like
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6502
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Well what a bloody morning , usual chores then I decide my workstation and surrounding area needs serious cleaning . This is due to 10/12 dogs , her indoors , myself coming and going 24/7 in a home that has windows and doors open to our red sand breeze 24 hours a day , nothing is ever closed . And so it began , turning stuff off , unplugging stuff , trying to remember what lead goes where , moving the lot out to get at ,,,, OMG get at ,,,, half of crete has blown in with dog hairs and bugger knows what else to create a nest big enough for Ripley and her Alien pals to have a weirdo orgy without us being aware . 
So mop , bucket , every kind of cleaner ,,, sure some of this would be illegal anywhere but Greece ,,,, really need a hazchem suit and breathing apparatus with some of this toxic shyte , but with Ripley in danger of being seriously molested by Aliens I must do my duty to rescue her  .
A long time later , aliens buggered off to find solace and creature comforts other than Ripley in the nearby bins and me assembling techno stuff with zero knowledge or dexterity . Everything looks shiny bright and like I actually work at my workplace rather than it being sealed like King Tut for a very long time . 
Oh blimey ( does blimey help my rep score he ponders briefly ) as  he realises all's not well , no phone , no tv , no internet ,,,,, I know the problem just cannot get it fixed . Our ADSL box is as temperamental as moi , goes marvelous most of the time but when you actually just need it to work it goes all tits up .
So two hours of hard labour , a coffee with the fair damsel Ripley and now I have nowt . Maria comes and twiddles , tries to be positive ,,,,, as if that attitude would ever work with a tosser like me and then off she returns to laze in the sun whilst I decide which bit of techno crap is going to be hurled off my hill first . 
I 'accidently' drop ADSL box after deciding I can live without internet for 48 hours ,,,,,, lolololololololollllllolollllol No I cannot and blooming ( another positive for rep ? ) heck it suddenly decides to be nice to me and starts to actually do what it is supposed to . At this point I speedily crap chat , because if ,  like me  , it does what it wants when it wants this opportunity to communicate with other species other than alien forms in dust/hair balls will surely soon dissipate .
So have a good weekend ,,,, me I am off to attack behind the tv console , I hear alien life form has captured Ripley Mark 2 ,,,, a heroes life never rests .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8152
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Very brief today ,,,, this should be my last walk ( well not on this mortal coil ) to see the dogs in a work related routine . It has been very hard , I am tired , I am always feeling unclean , I feel frustrated . We have formed relationships with these dogs , they need human contact , they need to hear words , any words , just voices , kind voices . These characters deserve better , they live in not ideal conditions , but  better than the shelters or on the streets . My heart and head ( the bit that tells you tears are okay , very frequently on my part ) have been overwhelmed by these dogs , they just want loving . 
What do I do ? Do I air my thoughts ? Do I try to manage the situation ? Do I walk away ? Do I offer time ( I have so little to give) ?
Can I get the guy to see the light ? These and so many more questions . 
Of the 15 dogs , two are currently at my home , a puppy that would be dead if he wasn't sleeping at my feet , Parvo would have claimed him 2 weeks ago , and Angel a dog so stressed her heart may not be able to cope with her problems , she is a constant worry , we have hardly slept these past two weeks , a constant vigil to ensure their safety . Will he let them stay with us until we can find them forever homes ? 
Of the ones that remain , I think 7 could be rehomed , could find their forever families , DESERVE to find peace and quiet . 
I think he will accept my help to achieve this , I think it will be cigar cigar to ease a change of mindset , I need him to come to a conclusion himself , he can only give time , care , and attention to maybe 8 dogs max preferably less. Phew this could be a good day , this could for me and the dogs be a great day , it could also be one of my most upsetting . 
I believe it will be a good day , a new start , a new beginning to many a dogs life , cigar cigar ( slowly slowly ) . 

For now these two , Angel and Socks are safe , lets hope that doesn't change today .


________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Cretan you may like to be all bluster and bombast but you cannot hide your good heart from us. It must be upsetting indeed. The guy probably thinks like you though, that what he offers his dogs is better than them being on the street. I am sure you will work something out. As you say, one step at a time, and let him think it is his idea (I always find that works with men Laughing )
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8152
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Well today was a 'get back to routine ' day ,,,,, but ,,,,, no sign of the dog owner yesterday ,,,, so I trekked down and fed and watered them last night  . Now today I await a call or a visit , or I am back on duty .
My plan today was to watch you tube videos on making dog kennels from old pallets and also I want a mobile dartboard stand and oche from said pallets ,,,,, now these are good intentions my woodworking skills are etsy ketsy ( greek for so so ) but hey I like the 'Good  life' way of make do at no cost . 
I like these ideas ,,,, saw , hammer , nails LETS GO BUILD . 



________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Such talents! like

Are you sure this guy is coming back? Shocked
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8152
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Such talents! like

Are you sure this guy is coming back? Shocked
Funny you should say that , over lunch we have thrown ideas out of WTF to do with 13 dogs if something has happened . 
Long term 7 cannot be rehomed ,,,, how could we accommodate 7 long term live ins ?
How easy and quickly could we foster out the other 6 ? 
Life is not meant to be this difficult . 

As for the 'talent' I have watched the videos and doubt there is much talent required so in the next few days LETS GO MAKE STUFF .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  sunderpitt on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:16 pm

cretanmakem wrote:Well today was a 'get back to routine ' day ,,,,, but ,,,,, no sign of the dog owner yesterday ,,,, so I trekked down and fed and watered them last night  . Now today I await a call or a visit , or I am back on duty .
My plan today was to watch you tube videos on making dog kennels from old pallets and also I want a mobile dartboard stand and oche from said pallets ,,,,, now these are good intentions my woodworking skills are etsy ketsy ( greek for so so ) but hey I like the 'Good  life' way of make do at no cost . 
I like these ideas ,,,, saw , hammer , nails LETS GO BUILD . 




Bill Kellet local councillor  (currently Mayor I believe) he is onto dog rescue etc he could be interested in your blog as well
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 5944
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:Well today was a 'get back to routine ' day ,,,,, but ,,,,, no sign of the dog owner yesterday ,,,, so I trekked down and fed and watered them last night  . Now today I await a call or a visit , or I am back on duty .
My plan today was to watch you tube videos on making dog kennels from old pallets and also I want a mobile dartboard stand and oche from said pallets ,,,,, now these are good intentions my woodworking skills are etsy ketsy ( greek for so so ) but hey I like the 'Good  life' way of make do at no cost . 
I like these ideas ,,,, saw , hammer , nails LETS GO BUILD . 




Bill Kellet local councillor  (currently Mayor I believe) he is onto dog rescue etc he could be interested in your blog as well
Get him reading , get him talking , Mr Kellet speak to me ,,,,,,,,

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:20 pm

A few times ( well more than a few in the bad times ) when the sun rose I really wish it hadn't , I just did not want another day in my life . Some issues just get on top of me , most through logic and work and talking can be sorted to a degree which eases away the stress and worry . 
So in my new life here on Crete after the trauma and consequences of Shirls death I have for the last three years been in relative calm waters , my life has changed , it has taken a long time , Maria is very much a calming influence ( for me , although I  would hazard a guess I am a tsunami in her waters ) . 
And so the last couple of weeks have crept up on me and caused waves of the past to return . 
Finally via a message I learn the dog owner is stuck and delayed in Italy ( kinda what I thought ) , four days behind schedule , now the next ferry across is Thursday , assuming his time delay is accurate he will be on that ferry . 
I can manage the dogs care until then , issues that are here today will be with them until Thursday . 
My stress and worry is for their care after that date , I am a 100% animal lover , I care  for every living thing apart from humans ( they are generally not on my radar and I steer clear ) it is not that I want to hurt humans it is just I have near zero empathy for the species that cares nothing for anything but itself absorbing self . 
And so all the words  I had ready to speak in all their various forms are on hold , how my attitude now changes them will ,  for me be a self analysis of my own self and my own control to ensure as best a future for the dogs as possible . 
They , the dogs have changed in the 15 days we have visited , it is noticeable , Maria has bathed , cleaned and cared for dogs that have probably never had such attention . We talk constantly to them in our brief time with them , we clean their crap and feed and water , I have done my best to improve conditions , but still on Thursday it all changes . 
My wish for the sun not to rise is purely for the dogs , they deserve to have a good life , they have done no wrong , have we done right showing them love and care ? Are we wrong to walk away 'job done'  ? At this moment I hate myself for being so toothless in what actions I can take to ensure 13 dogs go forward Thursday with a better life . 

Answers on a postcard please , I know deep down I cannot save the world , but if I had a belief , if I had a God , if I had religion , I would ask in a prayer for 13 dogs to be safe , warm and well cared for . 

My utmost respect to those people that daily look these horrors in the face and form animal rescue centres to help the problem , 15 days and it has broken me .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 921
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:36 pm

cretanmakem wrote:A few times ( well more than a few in the bad times ) when the sun rose I really wish it hadn't , I just did not want another day in my life . Some issues just get on top of me , most through logic and work and talking can be sorted to a degree which eases away the stress and worry . 
So in my new life here on Crete after the trauma and consequences of Shirls death I have for the last three years been in relative calm waters , my life has changed , it has taken a long time , Maria is very much a calming influence ( for me , although I  would hazard a guess I am a tsunami in her waters ) . 
And so the last couple of weeks have crept up on me and caused waves of the past to return . 
Finally via a message I learn the dog owner is stuck and delayed in Italy ( kinda what I thought ) , four days behind schedule , now the next ferry across is Thursday , assuming his time delay is accurate he will be on that ferry . 
I can manage the dogs care until then , issues that are here today will be with them until Thursday . 
My stress and worry is for their care after that date , I am a 100% animal lover , I care  for every living thing apart from humans ( they are generally not on my radar and I steer clear ) it is not that I want to hurt humans it is just I have near zero empathy for the species that cares nothing for anything but itself absorbing self . 
And so all the words  I had ready to speak in all their various forms are on hold , how my attitude now changes them will ,  for me be a self analysis of my own self and my own control to ensure as best a future for the dogs as possible . 
They , the dogs have changed in the 15 days we have visited , it is noticeable , Maria has bathed , cleaned and cared for dogs that have probably never had such attention . We talk constantly to them in our brief time with them , we clean their crap and feed and water , I have done my best to improve conditions , but still on Thursday it all changes . 
My wish for the sun not to rise is purely for the dogs , they deserve to have a good life , they have done no wrong , have we done right showing them love and care ? Are we wrong to walk away 'job done'  ? At this moment I hate myself for being so toothless in what actions I can take to ensure 13 dogs go forward Thursday with a better life . 

Answers on a postcard please , I know deep down I cannot save the world , but if I had a belief , if I had a God , if I had religion , I would ask in a prayer for 13 dogs to be safe , warm and well cared for . 

My utmost respect to those people that daily look these horrors in the face and form animal rescue centres to help the problem , 15 days and it has broken me .
Well Cretan I am no pet lover, but completely agree that all deserve the chance of a good life. So just say what you need to say to this man when he returns. Sounds like he needs educating. And make sure the dogs get spayed if nothing else, so no more get added to the pack!!
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8152
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum