SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 7:12 am by cretanmakem

» I had a dream
Today at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» The way forward
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Déjà vu
Yesterday at 9:29 pm by Nostalgic

» Welcome to Norwich!
Yesterday at 8:06 pm by Silvers

» 4.50 Saturday and then
Yesterday at 5:11 pm by sunderpitt

» Grayson out
Yesterday at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-23, 9:11 am

As we advance in years, it becomes harder not to become an overweight slob, particularly as the occasional beer and bottle of wine are part and parcel of the evening with cheese and crackers watching newsnight or what the papers say


My turning point came when I could no longer get into a favourite pair of trousers. I had generally kept the weight under control by jogging but planter facitis and arthritis in my feet put a stop to that.

So I went from 16.6 stone to 13.5 stone in about 6 months. I did this by only drinking at the weekends(3 day weekend mind).. .my green glass recycling box had never been so empty. And skipping lunch  (porridge for breakfast) 2 or 3 days a week, Using a rowing machine and swimming. Currently am 14 stone and need to lose 7 pounds.

I have to say losing all the extra weight has been good. When I go to the match where I park means I have to walk up a steep bank, dropping a few stone I noticed how much easier it was.

I think everyone has to work out a regime that fits their lifestyle...it is simple really it is all about calories in and out. As we get older long sessions of aerobic exercise become less feasible so I am afraid we have to find ways of curbing calories in...good luck
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6108
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-23, 10:57 am

sunderpitt wrote:As we advance in years, it becomes harder not to become an overweight slob, particularly as the occasional beer and bottle of wine are part and parcel of the evening with cheese and crackers watching newsnight or what the papers say


My turning point came when I could no longer get into a favourite pair of trousers. I had generally kept the weight under control by jogging but planter facitis and arthritis in my feet put a stop to that.

So I went from 16.6 stone to 13.5 stone in about 6 months. I did this by only drinking at the weekends(3 day weekend mind).. .my green glass recycling box had never been so empty. And skipping lunch  (porridge for breakfast) 2 or 3 days a week, Using a rowing machine and swimming. Currently am 14 stone and need to lose 7 pounds.

I have to say losing all the extra weight has been good. When I go to the match where I park means I have to walk up a steep bank, dropping a few stone I noticed how much easier it was.

I think everyone has to work out a regime that fits their lifestyle...it is simple really it is all about calories in and out. As we get older long sessions of aerobic exercise become less feasible so I am afraid we have to find ways of curbing calories in...good luck
Nice one , job well done , I too am aiming for 13.5/14 stone , find it hard out in this heat box called Crete not to have a beer and meze , and with my leg looking more and more as if it is bolloxed for the foreseeable future even a brisk walk is beyond me , as my mentor on calories ( Hieronymous ) keeps cajoling I am going to have to start counting the little buggers soon .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-23, 2:16 pm

A few of my mates have found the so called 5:2 plan which put simply is do not eat much for 2 days per week
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6108
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-24, 10:25 am


So far so good , next two weeks and the target is 104.5
Had a night out last night so a few Mythos to work off . My thanks to Jon who lent me his darts , a good night was had and a final place for me , lost the final but not bad for only my second serious match in the last 10 years ( three 2-0 victories then a 4-3 win before losing 4-5 in the final ) . A few less beers and I should of easily won , hey ho but I enjoyed it all immensly , thank you Friends Bar Istron , I will be back .
Lovely night , lovely people , brilliant venue and staff . 
Right I am off to bake in the sun and clear my head .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-25, 5:26 am

Some , not all of us have had the opportunity to live abroad during our lives . Do you begin to live the life as a local ? do you live totally as a Brit living in another country ? or do you have just one or two needs from Blighty ?
When I moved to Crete I had no intention of ever returning to the UK , I may have moved/will move to another country in this area if it became an issue here due to taxes , work , quality of life etc but I will never voluntarily return to England .
There are things I miss , season ticket to footy ( mind I am glad I havent wasted thousands on that shyte recently ) , real ale , cheese savoury sandwiches , thai restaurants , the theatre  but these and other things I cannot have here and the upside for me is everything I can have here in return . 
What I find weird is what a lot of ex pats NEED or seem to have to have whilst living abroad , British newspaper , why ? they are crap anyway , who still buys a paper and values any content anymore ?  And the price to buy a rag one day old is bloody ridiculous .
Emmerdale , Corrie , Eastenders , OMFG ex pats who sit over here in bars waiting to die and just ramble on and on about this fkn crap as if it is a drug they cannot live without , as one ex pat here repeatedly quotes when he doesnt agree with what anyone else thinks 'just f*ck off and die' .
Homes under the hammer and programmes of this ilk , sitting watching what even in the UK was crap for the proletariat  out here in a beautiful country where life is to be spent outdoors beggars belief to me , are people really living lives so empty they need this shyte to fill in the time before they drop dead . 
Sitting in a Brit bar with Brits demanding Brit tv , big english breakfasts , Brit beers Oh FFS REALLY , geez how blooming sad that this is your life . 
British food ,,,, British shops ,,,, to buy 'real' bacon , 'real' sausages , heinz tinned soups , pot effin noodles , walkers crisps ,,,, I really do think I live in a different world to everyone else , why move abroad if you still want a bloody corner shop for all your rather dodgy eating needs . I hate the Brit shops , I wont go in them , I try my best to go without any Brit branded foods , I fail and am ashamed because I do like Brown sauce so I become in a miniscule way an 'Ex pat' abroad , I hate myself for it .
Moaning about everything and its dog over here , and wanting British ways /laws etc etc , this is where I lose it with ex pats , you live here in Greece , at anytime were you promised Brit ways ? NO NO NO you were not so STFU and get over yourselves . 
I could rant on and on about Brits abroad , as you can guess I do not socialise with that community , I deliberately avoid them , I dislike them and make no effort to conceal my opinions , I have learnt in the first two years of life in Crete that ex pats are nothing short of a waste of good quality air . 
Thankfully  they do their thing and I do mine and never ever will the two cross . I know I am not 'normal' thankfully I say . I like my life , I haven't got to socialise with ex pats , I did not choose to live in this wonderful country just to bring a bit of Britain with me , I understand some need it , some cannot live without it , well okay , but just KEEP AWAY FROM ME .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-25, 11:24 am

Hahah! Cretan we are of the same mind! Why go abroad if you don't like 'foreign' stuff?

Mr H and I have a little flat in Spain, in a smal coastal town called Alcossebre. It's a beautiful family resort, with lovely walks, good beaches, and little rocky coves, surrounded by orange and almond groves. There are a few decent tapas places, bars and restaurants but no noisy clubs, and still very Spanish, no invasion of tourists every summer, just holidaying Spanish and the odd French, German, Dutch and Italian these days. When we first found this place in 2006, there were maybe 100 British expats virtually all from Northampton and Essex (Stansted and Luton did first Easyjet flights to Barcelona and Valencia) which only made it worse! They all gathered in Cheers bar, run by a British man and had their full English breakfasts (with 'proper' bacon and 'proper' sausage) or fish and chips or steak and kidney pie, or shepherds pie. The owner got John Smiths beer in (I know!) and Guiness and, worst of all, copies of the Daily Mail (!!!!) so they didn't even have to buy one and could still complain (wthout any sense of irony at all) about all those immigrants, taking our jobs and getting free houses etc. Evil or Very Mad

Most of them 'emigrated' in 1990's when house prices rocketed, and they sold their homes when they retired and moved to Spain on the proceeds. But as they aged and got frailer, and the financial crash affected their pensions, they have virtually all returned to UK to live near their families so they could be looked after better! Completely oblivious to the fact they would have been perfectly well looked after if they had used their 20 years in SPAIN to learn SPANISH so they could communicate! Health care in Spain is perfectly good, better than UK at minute I suspect, and for some things cheaper if you go private, like dentistry, but you have to be able to speak to the doctors and professionals and understand what they are saying to you. What is wrong with these people?

To be fair I do take Tetley tea bags with me, for my morning cuppa in the apartment, although can buy them there these days, but otherwise we jeat tapas, or paella, or make a sandwich with their fab bread, to enjoy at home sitting on our balcony, with a G&T, watching the birds and the sun going down. What could be better? We tend not to socialise with any of the remaining Brits (or anyone actually!) except one or two of the people who also bought apartments in our building (only 6 of us altogether and all British). But we rarely even see them as we tend to go out there in term times, late autumn, winter and early spring. Quite often there will only be us, walking up the Paseo, no one else, just the sunshine and the sea and the quiet. Its lovely!

Here are some pics of places near to our apartment. Sadly we have only been to twice in the last 15 months due to family commitments. Heading out there in September we think, if nothing else comes up in the meantime.


The walk towards the lighthouse about a 2 km walk north, along the coast from our apartment


The Pharos!


A rocky cove behind the lighthouse


This is the Paseo, south, towards the main town. It takes about 10 minutes to walk. See no high rise. They are banned! Maximum of 6 floors for blocks, except a couple of older ones built before the regulations changed. 


This is Alcossebre Town, along the Vista Allegre overlooking Playa Carregador, with traditional Spanish tapas bars all along the seafront.

I took all these photos myself and think it is a beautiful place  Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8441
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-25, 12:19 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Hahah! Cretan we are of the same mind! Why go abroad if you don't like 'foreign' stuff?

Mr H and I have a little flat in Spain, in a smal coastal town called Alcossebre. It's a beautiful family resort, with lovely walks, good beaches, and little rocky coves, surrounded by orange and almond groves. There are a few decent tapas places, bars and restaurants but no noisy clubs, and still very Spanish, no invasion of tourists every summer, just holidaying Spanish and the odd French, German, Dutch and Italian these days. When we first found this place in 2006, there were maybe 100 British expats virtually all from Northampton and Essex (Stansted and Luton did first Easyjet flights to Barcelona and Valencia) which only made it worse! They all gathered in Cheers bar, run by a British man and had their full English breakfasts (with 'proper' bacon and 'proper' sausage) or fish and chips or steak and kidney pie, or shepherds pie. The owner got John Smiths beer in (I know!) and Guiness and, worst of all, copies of the Daily Mail (!!!!) so they didn't even have to buy one and could still complain (wthout any sense of irony at all) about all those immigrants, taking our jobs and getting free houses etc. Evil or Very Mad

Most of them 'emigrated' in 1990's when house prices rocketed, and they sold their homes when they retired and moved to Spain on the proceeds. But as they aged and got frailer, and the financial crash affected their pensions, they have virtually all returned to UK to live near their families so they could be looked after better! Completely oblivious to the fact they would have been perfectly well looked after if they had used their 20 years in SPAIN to learn SPANISH so they could communicate! Health care in Spain is perfectly good, better than UK at minute I suspect, and for some things cheaper if you go private, like dentistry, but you have to be able to speak to the doctors and professionals and understand what they are saying to you. What is wrong with these people?

To be fair I do take Tetley tea bags with me, for my morning cuppa in the apartment, although can buy them there these days, but otherwise we jeat tapas, or paella, or make a sandwich with their fab bread, to enjoy at home sitting on our balcony, with a G&T, watching the birds and the sun going down. What could be better? We tend not to socialise with any of the remaining Brits (or anyone actually!) except one or two of the people who also bought apartments in our building (only 6 of us altogether and all British). But we rarely even see them as we tend to go out there in term times, late autumn, winter and early spring. Quite often there will only be us, walking up the Paseo, no one else, just the sunshine and the sea and the quiet. Its lovely!

Here are some pics of places near to our apartment. Sadly we have only been to twice in the last 15 months due to family commitments. Heading out there in September we think, if nothing else comes up in the meantime.


The walk towards the lighthouse about a 2 km walk north, along the coast from our apartment


The Pharos!


A rocky cove behind the lighthouse


This is the Paseo, south, towards the main town. It takes about 10 minutes to walk. See no high rise. They are banned! Maximum of 6 floors for blocks, except a couple of older ones built before the regulations changed. 


This is Alcossebre Town, along the Vista Allegre overlooking Playa Carregador, with traditional Spanish tapas bars all along the seafront.

I took all these photos myself and think it is a beautiful place  Very Happy
Looks lovely , when I was married  , her family had places in Spain , always thought that was where I would end up .
Looks cleaner and tidier than Crete , lol we are a bit rundown n shabby , a bit tired a wee bit tatty , but that is exactly what attracted me to this place , it isn't perfect , it has it's failings both from locals and terrorists during terrorism period . Crete in the main has been allowed to stay as was , locals and visitors alike seem more relaxed than I found in Spain ( maybe it was the time I went , 25/30 years ago ) but for me I am home  , with or without my traditional brekkie and real ale .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-26, 7:20 am

Percys progress Part One . 


Maria off and away this week , so is it party party party ? No unfortunately I am OLD , I have responsibilities in the style of dogs and cats , I have a diet / weight loss / exercise to consider . I have plants to water and nuture , I have a project to get underway . 
But first , today let me please indulge you in Percys progress to date . Cigar cigar ( for those not reading earlier crap chat that is slowly slowly in Greek ) . 
An English rose garden is never ever going to happen here on my mountainside in these climatic conditions , a lawn fit for croquet and posh marquees is not a fantasy about to occur . Most living here go garden au naturelle , if its a weed leave it alone the bloody sun will always get it , if it seeds leave it , life isn't about bended knee and weeding . Oh but of course Cretan makem is an OCD freak and even with a broken leg not long ago , using a trowel and on my knees I destroyed them pesky weeds and worked my butt off in silly heat ( how the hell am I overweight ? ) . My bottom garden isnt bad considering 10 dogs use it as a race track and toilet . 
let me show you ,,,, firstly the first three pics are when we bought the place and just a corner of my playground as we erected a fence to keep the mutts in ( why I often ask myself , would be so peaceful without them ) .


As can be seen it wasnt anything really , and a garden shed FFS at the wrong end of the patch with no access from the house , fkn ex pats and dumb ideas ( yeah I didn't hold the previous owner in very high regard to many things about this property ) .
My idea was to simply keep on top of the weeds and grasses and to use the rocks as a base building block , all materials , plants , rocks and pebbles etc would be sourced FREE locally or on site . I do not waste money when it is plainly dumb to do so . So I dug , planted , de-stoned my garden to make kinda islands with red sea pathways between . My results to date : 


All plants are cuttings or 'babies' from mature plants either around our place or off the roadsides where we walk . 
A fig tree is my only purchase , and another will soon be bought . This is approx a quarter of our bottom garden but the dogs seem to respect I've laboured and tend to just use the red sea pathways and not go island hopping ( apart from the newbie he is so clumsy he has no idea where his feet are going ) . 
So this was part one of my plan , part two is about to commence this week , that idea as daft as it will sound will be in Percys Progress part two tomorrow .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-26, 10:46 am

Looks fab Cretan. Glad to see you are keeping busy with Maria being away. I am sure she left you a list of things to do too!

Always best to work with what you have and rocks are great. We want to get some for our garden but expensive to buy and hard to snaffle from a local beach discreetly! Maybe Part 2 will say this but while your soil may look poor, you might be surprised what will grow. Try some Jasmine, Oranges, Oleander and Almonds? Did I see bougainvillea round your patio on previous pics? I love that too.

Our garden was a builders yard, literally, a year past April, so I am quite proud of how it is looking this summer. I planned it all out and then got our builder in with a JCB to clear all the builders crap, two men built the walls, laid the patios, prepared and laid the turf for the lawns, dumped the 20 tons of topsoil we put in the raised beds and put the retaining sleepers down. But me and Mr H did the gravel garden, the block paving borders and all the planting, and I think it looks rather nice for only just over a year to mature.

It is quite windy here so I aimed for relatively low growing shrubs, not to block the view or get damaged when it blows. I also planned for the garden to look nice from above, from our balcony, as well as in the garden itself. I think we did well, although I am going to move a few things round in autumn. Decided I want my roses at the top end of the garden where i can see them better!




avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8441
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-26, 1:28 pm

I will mention the rocks tomorrow ( as I said I pay for nothing ) we have oranges ( 3 rather puny things but got approx 50 oranges this winter ) , I have Oleandar in 4 different colours  ( but this is poison to dogs ) you just havent seen that part of my garden , Bouganvillea  in colours you wouldn't believe but again thats other areas , you will see some tomorrow that I planted just one season ago ( growth on these here is amazing ) , now Almonds , I love them but do not see many in Crete , I will investigate , obviously fig we have one , lemons , pomegranate , olives ( we have just 3 trees ) so our garden is stocked with potential . 
It just needs hard work and I won't be bringing in the builders or gardeners or landscapers , its just me and me and me and my very empty pockets , no money to be spent on the garden that was my promise to myself . That is why I find it fun , I try something it doesn't work I just always have ideas in my head so off I go again with a tweak here and there . All who visit like my work so it pleases me . Tomorrow was to be  about my next project but maybe I should show one I have already completed on my own , nothing amazing but it has become our number one daytime venue ( The previous owners didn't do a thing with the best part externally of our home , silly burgers ) .

ps forgot jasmine , I have enough to sell to every flower shop worldwide .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-26, 2:11 pm

cretanmakem wrote:I will mention the rocks tomorrow ( as I said I pay for nothing ) we have oranges ( 3 rather puny things but got approx 50 oranges this winter ) , I have Oleandar in 4 different colours  ( but this is poison to dogs ) you just havent seen that part of my garden , Bouganvillea  in colours you wouldn't believe but again thats other areas , you will see some tomorrow that I planted just one season ago ( growth on these here is amazing ) , now Almonds , I love them but do not see many in Crete , I will investigate , obviously fig we have one , lemons , pomegranate , olives ( we have just 3 trees ) so our garden is stocked with potential . 
It just needs hard work and I won't be bringing in the builders or gardeners or landscapers , its just me and me and me and my very empty pockets , no money to be spent on the garden that was my promise to myself . That is why I find it fun , I try something it doesn't work I just always have ideas in my head so off I go again with a tweak here and there . All who visit like my work so it pleases me . Tomorrow was to be  about my next project but maybe I should show one I have already completed on my own , nothing amazing but it has become our number one daytime venue ( The previous owners didn't do a thing with the best part externally of our home , silly burgers ) .

ps forgot jasmine , I have enough to sell to every flower shop worldwide .
Gawd I don't even want to think about what our garden has cost us affraid But after 5 years of living in a caraven and a poky flat it had to be done quickly. I am not known for my patience tongue

So you have all my favourite things in one garden! Yes, forgot Oleander was poisonous Shocked  What about HIbiscus? Don't work too hard though, especially in the heat, or at least drink lots and lots of water, or maybe the odd Mythos Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8441
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-27, 5:46 am

Percys Progress :  Back to the beginning .


I better explain my idea , when moving into our new home my intention was to make the outdoor areas easy maintenance , accessable and dog friendly . We live in Crete , no point trying to have a Brit garden when all sense tells me local natural is best . 
I wanted a good area for us to laze , to eat , to relax . I wanted a garden reasonably tidy , planted , and colourful ( I am not a bright red  /yellow / orange / gawdy pink kinda guy ). I had to have a very easy going attitude to ten dogs running amok and causing chaos . 
My first point of call was the rear area of the house , this is what we wake up to , it is where the sunrises and would be our main area of relaxation . Our bedrooms both look out onto this area , it is an area that the previous owner did absolutely nothing with . Would you want to wake up to this ?????
 
Sixteen years of living here and doing THIS to the best views we have how could anyone just LEAVE IT ? ,,,,, Within  the first two weeks we had put in a cretan patio , a base for a plunge pool , a gate to access our bit of land with a staircase and begun to pot up / plant / lay stones for beds and made a sunset seating area for the end of the day . My intention was to lose the fence with planting from below in the bottom garden , Bouganvillia , passion flower and two local plants i have no idea what they are have begun their work . I had to have easy access by stairs but did not want said staircase visible so again planting soon sorted that , I did not want anything to look 'ordered' I wanted a kinda slightly shabby worn cretan look ( bit like me , no chic just shabby ) . 
We plan a BBQ and seating area to the left but first a new wall is being built for our perimeter ( you cannot see this area in these pics ) .


And so in the next few weeks a plunge pool will appear and a new gas BBQ will go into its 'outdoor kitchen ' area where I can go from fridge to BBQ / wok with ease in my stainless steel outdoor kitchen ( I love to cook this area is going to be my baby ) . A work in progress as Maria repeatedly says . 

I should also say that from the top of the steps is where you look down upon my islands in their red mud sea , this for me completed the image in my head about what I wanted from this rear patio , something pleasant to look at from the mountains all the way to below my feet , for me I achieved that , maybe for many I didn't , but it is I that stand here Mythos in hand absolutely delighted with where I live .

Anyone has ideas about improvements or changes please share ( only one point to remember ,,,,, NO COST ) .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Thegingas on 2017-06-27, 6:17 am

Garden looks amazing! So a plunge pool and a BBQ in the next few weeks? Excellent timing Mr G! Lol look forward to seeing it! And you both of course :-)
Did you ever grow those purple tomatoes?
The Gingas are coming lol..
avatar
Thegingas
member
member

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-27, 7:12 am

It looks beautuful Cretan, you seem to have all the right ideas, and how to make the most of the views, native plants and the natural landscape. We love our outdoor BBQ aea too - but for us it's on the balcony, sheltered from the wind and rain Very Happy

Take care, and don't work too hard and enjoy your upcoming visitors, sounds like they are going to keep you busy! Laughing
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8441
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Thegingas on 2017-06-27, 7:30 am

Hi Hieronymus, we are really low maintenance lol 
Often called lightweights by Cretanmakem when we leave him in the pub and go to bed early! 
Enjoy my lazy holidays in Sissi, maybe a couple of wild nights in the Coconut or afternoon in Neromilos lol.
avatar
Thegingas
member
member

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Thegingas on 2017-06-27, 9:01 am

cretanmakem loves us really, goodies in the case just to get the kafir lime leaves and coriander...a sniffer dogs dream lol, did you retrieve the lime leaves that were left in the freezer in milatos lol?
avatar
Thegingas
member
member

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-27, 9:04 am

Thegingas wrote:Garden looks amazing! So a plunge pool and a BBQ in the next few weeks? Excellent timing Mr G! Lol look forward to seeing it! And you both of course :-)
Did you ever grow those purple tomatoes?
The Gingas are coming lol..
Haha plunge pool might be here but not assembled ,,,, theres a job for you whilst here . BBQ will not be here ( only our old one ) the wall is ' in with Terrys ' costs with my builder so will have to wait and I want all the stainless steel fitments ready before I go all BBQ/WOKy , but for your next years visit my outdoor gourmet kitchen will be busy whilst you laze in the pool with your red wine .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-27, 9:11 am

Hieronymus wrote:It looks beautuful Cretan, you seem to have all the right ideas, and how to make the most of the views, native plants and the natural landscape. We love our outdoor BBQ aea too - but for us it's on the balcony, sheltered from the wind and rain Very Happy

Take care, and don't work too hard and enjoy your upcoming visitors, sounds like they are going to keep you busy! Laughing
Visiting Gingas now I reckon the equivalent is a plague of locusts destroying my toms and cucumbers . 
Busy on the booze and food , my diet is having a two week holiday due to these pests returning , all my fault for talking to a Ginga in a bar 4 years ago , Bloody sure this is my version of The Garden Of Earthly Delights third panel , you know what I mean .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Thegingas on 2017-06-27, 9:16 am

pests? lol I'm speechless! 
But you have mentioned us returning next year lol that's promising!
avatar
Thegingas
member
member

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-27, 11:19 am

Gardening  Sleep 

Something greenkeepers do.

Grass cutting and hacking back is about all I do. Did chop and cut up a couple of trees a few weeks back.

I tried setting traps for moles but failed so got a specialist in.

Might get an air rifle to take care of rabbits, grey squirrels and pigeons. (Senior management not too keen mind)
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6108
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-27, 2:32 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Gardening  Sleep 

Something greenkeepers do.

Grass cutting and hacking back is about all I do. Did chop and cut up a couple of trees a few weeks back.

I tried setting traps for moles but failed so got a specialist in.

Might get an air rifle to take care of rabbits, grey squirrels and pigeons. (Senior management not too keen mind)
Haha , moles , rabbits , squirrels , pigeons ,,,,, leave em alone let them have fun .
You would be amazed once you move abroad and are sorta semi retired , gardening takes on a whole new meaning , LOL every weed being pulled out of my garden is Shorty pants getting a flogging , every dog turd is Bains getting thrown into a pit of crap ,,,, make no mistake I take vengance to heart , those tossers get rough justice here in my Cretan garden .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-28, 7:41 am

For Sunderpitt who isn't keen on gardening ,,,, watch the video whilst anyone else crapping today reads the crap chat . 

Okay the song does have a reason , to finish this part of our garden I want a 'chilli river' . The final part of this area to me looks like a river ,,, well potentially  
See ???? Ah well I see it . 
Now I need rocks for the riverbank ( eventually I get my rocks off ) 
A neighbours ruin , I can have what rocks I need FREEBIE as long as they are not still part of the construction , no problem there then . 
The river bed is made from small stones from my garden ( with the dogs hurtling around it is just a question of bending my back and collecting them . 
Then it is build the 'river' , planting will be 'rushes' around the edges and the river of multi colours will be chilli plants , this particular one has chillis of purple ,yellow , red , orange , brown . So approx 150 chilli plants required 

First mornings work 
And this is just the beginning , will be a slow steady job due to waiting on plants to mature , but hopefully you now see how I want my 'chilli river ' to begin its life . 

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Vincemac on 2017-06-28, 12:06 pm

Sorry to put this on here but my emails don't work

We are here until the 11 July
We can meet same place bar test at a time that suites you except for 4 July and 5 th July
Cheers see you later
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6602
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-06-28, 12:27 pm

Vincemac wrote:Sorry to put this on here but my emails don't work

We are here until the 11 July
We can meet same place bar test at a time that suites you except for 4 July and 5 th July
Cheers see you later
That sounds like a bloody good plan , is it bar test then a curry house ? ( I really hope so ) . Maria is in UK , soon as I get flight details for her return I will drop a note here and arrange a night over with you . Really looking forward to it , but don't mention SAFC it is depressing lol . In the meantime enjoy the sun , sea and beer buddy .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 942
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Vincemac on 2017-06-28, 6:00 pm

Cheers mate catch you soon
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6602
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum