SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

black fox, lesmac, SAFA Mackem, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:57 am

Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 am

Vincemac wrote:I still like the mythos.
Went to the brewery in arias corfu.
Lovely
I cannot argue Vince I love my Mythos , with a stir fry for tea on the patio it takes some beating in my book .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:40 am

cretanmakem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:I still like the mythos.
Went to the brewery in arias corfu.
Lovely
I cannot argue Vince I love my Mythos , with a stir fry for tea on the patio it takes some beating in my book .
like like
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Thegingas on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:47 am

cretanmakem wrote:
Thegingas wrote:Sorry? You happy with Mcinnes.. ? Rangers, Aberdeen Dundee Utd, lol another ginga! We rule! McBean happy too lol
I'm happy he is in the groove ,,,, dyed hair to conceal his jockness , thats a start , I hear Makem elocution lessons are underway prior to his unveiling  , the man is getting ready to be famous in Red n White land .
So how you feeling now that McInnes staying with Aberdeen?
Thegingas

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 am

Thegingas wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
Thegingas wrote:Sorry? You happy with Mcinnes.. ? Rangers, Aberdeen Dundee Utd, lol another ginga! We rule! McBean happy too lol
I'm happy he is in the groove ,,,, dyed hair to conceal his jockness , thats a start , I hear Makem elocution lessons are underway prior to his unveiling  , the man is getting ready to be famous in Red n White land .
So how you feeling now that McInnes staying with Aberdeen?
I am disappointed , but I seriously cannot fault him . If rumours are correct who as a manager would commit to a club with a toss pot owner and no money to build a team . Good luck to him and Aberdeen , unfortunately until Short leaves our club we will continue to look like a bunch of f*cking tossers .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Thegingas on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:48 am

That was a nice reply .. I expected references to sheep, gingas etc lol.. keep taking the happy pills lol .. not long till we arrive Haha..
Thegingas

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:07 am

Well I do not bloody believe it . I have just spent 30 minutes of my life writing crapchat for today about my concerns about my mind , my memory , and fkn hell to totally prove I am or have already lost my marbles I deleted the whole bloody thing without posting it . 
I jested about my mind , giving examples from long past and very recent past , about my inability to remember certain things and lo and behold I do exactly what I said I do more and more frequently . 
So now until tomorrow you will have to wait and see what I was crapping chatting about , because I have so much to do today .
That is of course if I remember what it was I was writing in the first place .

It's hot hot today , Nicky at Neromilos is having the pleasure of my company later this afternoon , and new friends are visiting our home , not as would be expected to meet Cretanmakem ( I know everyone on this planet wants my company , but ladies and gentlemen I have to spread my wonderous self about as best I can ) but they want to meet and greet my dogs . Then I will cook , either Thai or BBQ depending on their fancy .

Have a good one , I know we will . Cretan over and ..... erm ,....erm over and .......

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:41 am

cretanmakem wrote:Well I do not bloody believe it . I have just spent 30 minutes of my life writing crapchat for today about my concerns about my mind , my memory , and fkn hell to totally prove I am or have already lost my marbles I deleted the whole bloody thing without posting it . 
I jested about my mind , giving examples from long past and very recent past , about my inability to remember certain things and lo and behold I do exactly what I said I do more and more frequently . 
So now until tomorrow you will have to wait and see what I was crapping chatting about , because I have so much to do today .
That is of course if I remember what it was I was writing in the first place .

It's hot hot today , Nicky at Neromilos is having the pleasure of my company later this afternoon , and new friends are visiting our home , not as would be expected to meet Cretanmakem ( I know everyone on this planet wants my company , but ladies and gentlemen I have to spread my wonderous self about as best I can ) but they want to meet and greet my dogs . Then I will cook , either Thai or BBQ depending on their fancy .

Have a good one , I know we will . Cretan over and ..... erm ,....erm over and .......
Have a great day Cretan and enjoy your visitors and your BBQ

It is absolutely gorgeous here today too. I feel blesssed to live on the North East coast on a day like today Smile Here are a couple of pics to show you the view from our balcony. The first shows the view over towards the west, with the Cheviots just out of shot on the right. The second shows the view towards Beadnell and our distant view of the sea. Can only see a sliver like, and maybe not on that photo from my phone, which hasn't got the best resolution.

We too are having visitors today so I have ironing and bed making to do, and we expect another visitor tomorrow, both staying till Monday. Here to see daughter and children before they go home to Uganda on Wednesday. So a busy weekend ahead for us, but we're off to Bamburgh beach soon, to take advantage of this fab weather. Takeaway tonight for dinner, and a BBQ tomorrow. Oh I do like to be beside the seaside.... Very Happy

Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:23 am

Well yesterday the sun was shining here and in North East England by the looks of Hieronymous pics . I always had an intention that if I stayed in the UK for my retirement anywhere near Seahouses would be my destination , looks like a good place to while away your older years . 
Had a chuckle though at the pics ,,,, lovely lawns , we have red/orange soil and rock . lovely borders , we have shrub and weeds , green fields , we have olive grove after olive grove and finally we both have sheep , however yours look fit , healthy and ready to eat , ours wander wherever they like and look as rough and manky as me after a day on the raki . 

Today I have been commissioned at short notice to produce a stone for someone , no problem you may think , easy you may think , easy way to earn a euro or two you may think , yeah well life is good but not that good . 
Two/three days it takes to produce a stone , not because I am an 'artiste to the stars' and want perfection in detail and design ( although my OCD does tend to make me a bit of a fussy bugger ) , no it takes two days for the blindingly obvious ,,,, base paint , design drawing/planning , word painting , detail 'dotting' , clattart on rear , varnish on top and rear . And in between all of those periods of drying , phew how the hell in 24 hours do I start from scratch and get a reasonable finished product ? 
Unfortunately I HAVE TO , I must achieve this goal , and do you know what ? the design isn't one I would readily paint . I will post a pic when it is finished and you will see why , fortunately it is something I can deal with , just about , my 'artistic' temperament will be tested ,  my hissy fits will not go unnoticed , but I will get a result . 
And I will be sweating in nigh on 40 degree heat to achieve this , I sometimes wonder why we love who we love , demands on my life pffft women canny live with em or without em ( apparently ) , oh for a life as a hermit with my dogs .

Okay gota go undercoat should be dry ,,,, yeah I was up THAT early .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:54 am

What a day , pebble painting , Clattart was supposed to relax me , calm my exhuberent self down a bit , well yesterdays stone did not achieve much of the 'calmness' and 'serenity' my soul searches for . 
The subject matter for one , surely when painting the painter should not be forced to paint anything that is not a 'feel good' subject to themselves . Freedom to 'dot' how and where I want , not attempt to copy a design , take my time allowing the 'work' to guide me , not be bulldozed by speed and time constraints . It all felt a bit like being back at work .
Anyway here it is , 

And in between painting , as the man of the house I had to do a BBQ . Always makes me laugh when invited to a BBQ , the men gather with beers in hand over red hot coals , smoke billowing around their bulky forms as they throw enourmous amounts of flesh onto a fire that in 20 seconds will burn the outer meat to cremation levels but inside will sit a raw , stomach turning piece of pork or chicken . Why when still in this day and age do men suddenly think they can COOK on a blazing inferno meat that they have never probably handled until it is presented to them on a plate with tatties and veg . 
Beyond belief for me a rare sunny day in the UK was turned into mayhem and stomach turning yuk by semi pished blokes trying to be masterchef with my stomach as their guinea pig . 

I do not often partake of a BBQ prefering by far a wok and plenty of asian delights , but if a BBQ is required then I insist on a few needs . 

1 A wench to assist , well to hold in a posing manner my chilled wine .
2 A view to gaze at whilst BBQing away .
3 Well prepared meats , fish , fruits .
4 Condiments that enhance not kill the flavours . Fish sauce , Dark soy , curry powders , dry chillis , vinegars etc .
5 Fresh chillis , lemons , cucumber , toms  picked as you cook .

I like a relaxed BBQ , a chilled wine , good company with good convesation , NOT  a mad rush between paint colours and varnishes .
Anyway Sundermadders judge for yourselves if I achieved either the stone or my BBQ . Me personnally , I enjoyed both yesterday . And I hope her indoors also enjoyed her day , because both were her BLOODY FAULT . 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:35 am

Yes, I can understand your reservations about that piece of art, but yesterday reading your blog I was worried it was the 'dark sides' logo you were copying! Laughing Either way you ar every talented, even copying a design like that would be far beyond me!

You are also right to worry about undercooked and badly cooked food at BBQ's. Yours looks lovely though, so you obviously had it all under control!

I lived in the States for 6 years in late 70's/ early 80's and learned how to cook BBQ properly. I cannot bear charred and dried out, badly cooked BBQ food, and won't touch anything that looks undercooked,  which is why i always prefer to do BBQ's here and invite others round to ours.

We have a Weber gas BBQ on our balcony. We wanted LPG gas (instead of oil) for the house central heating and hot water, as no mains gas up here in the sticks. We had the builder run a gas pipe to our balcony, so we don't even have to worry about getting gas canisters. I highly recommend gas BBQ's, they light first time without lighter fuel, food still has that BBQ taste, without the petrol flavour, ours also has a thermometer to make sure it all come up to temperature, so no bad tummies, can cook pizza and naan bread and other oven based things in ours too, plus no messy coals to clear out. When finished, just set the BBQ to high for a few minutes and it burns off all the residue. Then a quick scrub with a wire brush and all ready for the next time Very Happy 

Mr H usually does the meat cooking here too, (properly taught by me!) while I prepare a green salad, sweet corn on the cob (parboil and finish on BBQ), roasted sweet potato wedges, new potato salad etc. We just did burgers, sausages and chicken last night, nothing flash but there is something almost primeval about eating BBQ, and I love it. We often have BBQ in winter on a nice day too, don't keep it just for summer.

Anyway we had a gorgeous day yesterday, with a lovely visitor, Uncle George, who came to see his nephew and niece, 8 hours on a bus from London on the hottest day of the year (Friday) and another 8 hours today. Bless him. He had never been to the North East before so was enchanted with our views, the beaches, the castles, and the lovely little port of Seahouses, where we had a nice drink in The Old Ship beer garden, overllooking the harbour.

So we had a fabulous weekend and now less than 2 days till my babies go home. It will be nice to have time to ourselves again, but so sad to see them go too, knowing it will be Christmas before I can give them a hug and play "incy wincy spider" or "clap hands for daddy" with the little one, who of course won't remember me by Christmas either Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:31 am

Well Maria has her bags packed ,,,,, party time ,,,,,, lets go to Malia and have fun . 
Not quite , business in the UK calls , people to visit , not sure if she will have  an opportunity to see all those that want to see her. Based in and around London journeys to Yorkshire , Lancashire and the Midlands will proberbly not happen . I wanted to send her way up to Gingaland to collect my SAFC cheapy tenner shirts ( seem a bargain now as I would never buy the new deckchair monstrosity ,  well when it becomes a tenner I undoubtedly will purchase one ) so once again I will be living in the past on a Saturday in my teams past colours sat with my ten dogs going apeshit at the crap play on the box . Doubt the dogs notice my shirts are from  seasons past but 'Invest in Africa' home and away have seen better days . So rather appropriate 'Daftynumptybet' are like a suit  fitting in a Saville Row ( I presume this is still the place to go ?? ) mens tailors , and I will look suave and debonair in my new but old shirts if you get my drift . 
On her sojourn to lands afar she could also have collected my new 'arras' , once again Gingaland and gingers living in that god forsaken land have aquired the 'artistes' needs in the form of two new sets of DARTSSSSSSSSS . I dream of returning to days of past glories where one hundred pluses were far more common than the current  twenty sixes and numerous darts on the floor . Ah I just know my averages are on the UP . 
So although recent times have caused us consternation in respect to Gingas , Moyes a total tosser ,  McInnes realising we really are in a shyte mess and he would definately be better off with Aberdeen ( how low have we sunk under Short ) at least I have somewhere in my head they are not all haggis eating ,  ginger , fried mars bar chomping , buckfast swilling , Rab C numpties . 
Not that my 'friends' are not these things and more in their Ginganess but that there must be someone up in Bonny Langfords derriere known as Scoooootland land of the weird that is relatively normal . 
So you know who you are , gingas have had an easy time from me on crap chat , but be warned you land on MY island shortly so BLOODY BEHAVE .

Oh and fresh Kafir lime leaves and fresh ( Sainsburys do a good line ) corriander would be more welcome than your dear beloved selves . 

I am full of praise and generosity to my friends ,,,, no wonder I don't have any .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:46 pm

cretanmakem wrote:Well Maria has her bags packed ,,,,, party time ,,,,,, lets go to Malia and have fun . 
Not quite , business in the UK calls , people to visit , not sure if she will have  an opportunity to see all those that want to see her. Based in and around London journeys to Yorkshire , Lancashire and the Midlands will proberbly not happen . I wanted to send her way up to Gingaland to collect my SAFC cheapy tenner shirts ( seem a bargain now as I would never buy the new deckchair monstrosity ,  well when it becomes a tenner I undoubtedly will purchase one ) so once again I will be living in the past on a Saturday in my teams past colours sat with my ten dogs going apeshit at the crap play on the box . Doubt the dogs notice my shirts are from  seasons past but 'Invest in Africa' home and away have seen better days . So rather appropriate 'Daftynumptybet' are like a suit  fitting in a Saville Row ( I presume this is still the place to go ?? ) mens tailors , and I will look suave and debonair in my new but old shirts if you get my drift . 
On her sojourn to lands afar she could also have collected my new 'arras' , once again Gingaland and gingers living in that god forsaken land have aquired the 'artistes' needs in the form of two new sets of DARTSSSSSSSSS . I dream of returning to days of past glories where one hundred pluses were far more common than the current  twenty sixes and numerous darts on the floor . Ah I just know my averages are on the UP . 
So although recent times have caused us consternation in respect to Gingas , Moyes a total tosser ,  McInnes realising we really are in a shyte mess and he would definately be better off with Aberdeen ( how low have we sunk under Short ) at least I have somewhere in my head they are not all haggis eating ,  ginger , fried mars bar chomping , buckfast swilling , Rab C numpties . 
Not that my 'friends' are not these things and more in their Ginganess but that there must be someone up in Bonny Langfords derriere known as Scoooootland land of the weird that is relatively normal . 
So you know who you are , gingas have had an easy time from me on crap chat , but be warned you land on MY island shortly so BLOODY BEHAVE .

Oh and fresh Kafir lime leaves and fresh ( Sainsburys do a good line ) corriander would be more welcome than your dear beloved selves . 

I am full of praise and generosity to my friends ,,,, no wonder I don't have any .

I fly over on the 27 th June for 14 nights
My email is broke
I will keep in touch here
If that's no problem with anyone
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Will await your message , Mythos at the ready .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:47 am

cretanmakem wrote:Will await your message , Mythos at the ready .
like like
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:37 am

Hmm Maria dressed to go out , not a good sign , usually cut offs or bikini are the order of the day , turns out the legal papers we require from our lawyer are ready to collect , then Maria off to the UK and me left to care for myself . I love it , peace and quiet , me the dogs , the cats and a beer or two . But and a big but is that last one , the beer , I cannot , I am not allowed , weight loss is king . 
Friday I must I must I must be 107.5 or those dreadful pics will be unleashed . 
It will be so , I will be 107.5 , I am sure . 
Yesterday we had a 2 hour walk in the heat of the afternoon , a small lunch and a hot and fiery stir fry for tea were all I allowed myself with only ONE yes only ONE Mythos . 107.5 pffft easy I reckon  ( whats that saying before a fall and all that ) .
Have you looked ever at the BMI ( body mass index ) chart and seen how effin ridiculous it actually is . I was a fit healthy swimming nutter and for me to be my 'perfect' weight according to BMI I would look anorexic ( last time was a zillion years ago at my last wedding ) , and I never ever want to look like the last man standing out of Belsen ever again . 
I am lucky , Maria , I think ( hmm maybe not ) would be happy if I am happy whatever I weigh . 
Unfortunately I NEED to be below 100kg , NEED to be below 95kg , would love to be a smidgen below 90kg ( here we get into the realms of Cretans delusional mind talking ballcocks ) , but this is what I've set myself . And so IF and only IF I achieved a weight loss of 23kg from my 'get go' I would still be overweight according to BMI ,,,,,  BMI you are fooking joking me , I can only imagine BMI was a crazy insane idea created by boffins paid exhorbitant amounts by all those money grabbing diet companys who probably reckon one stick of celery and all their shit products make us all look like gods and godesses ,,,, well I will never buy a diet food , never buy a diet supplement , never buy a 'health' drink so shove it as far as it will go BMI . 
I will lose weight according to Cretans law ,,,, eat less , drink less beer and exercise more , the pictures will prove sense above dietry companies . 
Rant over , geez I need a beer ,,, ta ta for now .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:33 am

cretanmakem wrote:Hmm Maria dressed to go out , not a good sign , usually cut offs or bikini are the order of the day , turns out the legal papers we require from our lawyer are ready to collect , then Maria off to the UK and me left to care for myself . I love it , peace and quiet , me the dogs , the cats and a beer or two . But and a big but is that last one , the beer , I cannot , I am not allowed , weight loss is king . 
Yesterday we had a 2 hour walk in the heat of the afternoon , a small lunch and a hot and fiery stir fry for tea were all I allowed myself with only ONE yes only ONE Mythos . 107.5 pffft easy I reckon  ( whats that saying before a fall and all that ) .
Have you looked ever at the BMI ( body mass index ) chart and seen how effin ridiculous it actually is . I was a fit healthy swimming nutter and for me to be my 'perfect' weight according to BMI I would look anorexic ( last time was a zillion years ago at my last wedding ) , and I never ever want to look like the last man standing out of Belsen ever again . 
I am lucky , Maria , I think ( hmm maybe not ) would be happy if I am happy whatever I weigh . 
Unfortunately I NEED to be below 100kg , NEED to be below 95kg , would love to be a smidgen below 90kg ( here we get into the realms of Cretans delusional mind talking ballcocks ) , but this is what I've set myself . And so IF and only IF I achieved a weight loss of 23kg from my 'get go' I would still be overweight according to BMI ,,,,,  BMI you are fooking joking me , I can only imagine BMI was a crazy insane idea created by boffins paid exhorbitant amounts by all those money grabbing diet companys who probably reckon one stick of celery and all their shit products make us all look like gods and godesses ,,,, well I will never buy a diet food , never buy a diet supplement , never buy a 'health' drink so shove it as far as it will go BMI . 
I will lose weight according to Cretans law ,,,, eat less , drink less beer and exercise more , the pictures will prove sense above dietry companies . 
I agree with you over BMI! It think it does not adjust approriately for age and having children (not that that affects you I suppose! Razz) I weighed 82 kilos 18 months ago, but am now around 74 kilos. The 'ideal weight' charts say I should weigh between 52 and 62 kilos for my height of 158cm and aged 60!! For context, aged 21 I weighed 48 kilos (7 and a half stone Crying or Very sad ), and last weighed 62 kilos about 6 months after having my second child, aged 33 Shocked

I guess my years of stressful working, including sitting in a car driving lots of miles all over the country, and at a desk and a computer, or being in interminable meetings with clients, took their toll. Did you know that cortisol the stress hormone is a key factor in weight gain? And it seems to me that the effect persists even when the stress has left you.

Anyway I am undoubtedly fitter now than I was a year ago due to my (gentle) exercise routine. But for me it is all about eating and drinking less because, unless you run marathons, or train like a professional athlete, you cannot burn off enough to counteract a calorie rich diet in an hour or two of exercise!

If you haven't already, I do recommend you do at least a week of actual calorie counting (I use my Fitbit calorie counter app but not religiously, especially when I am busy, as have been over last few weeks) as it will tell you what you really eat and drink (p.s. don't cheat!) and helps you think "Do I really want this bar of chocolate?" Knowing you then have to swim for an hour or run for 2 hours to get rid of the calories Very Happy

Keep on with your efforts cretan, it is all good; drink more water, definitely less beer and wine, use less salt (including soy sauce) and try not eating bread and starchy foods like pasta, rice and potatoes (all cause the body to retain water) for a few days, and see if that helps you reach this weekly goal.

See I know all the theory, just have to put it more into practice myself Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:Hmm Maria dressed to go out , not a good sign , usually cut offs or bikini are the order of the day , turns out the legal papers we require from our lawyer are ready to collect , then Maria off to the UK and me left to care for myself . I love it , peace and quiet , me the dogs , the cats and a beer or two . But and a big but is that last one , the beer , I cannot , I am not allowed , weight loss is king . 
I agree with you over BMI! It think it does not adjust approriately for age and having children (not that that affects you I suppose! Razz) I weighed 82 kilos 18 months ago, but am now around 74 kilos. The 'ideal weight' charts say I should weigh between 52 and 62 kilos for my height of 158cm and aged 60!! For context, aged 21 I weighed 48 kilos (7 and a half stone Crying or Very sad ), and last weighed 62 kilos about 6 months after having my second child, aged 33 Shocked

I guess my years of stressful working, including sitting in a car driving lots of miles all over the country, and at a desk and a computer, or being in interminable meetings with clients, took their toll. Did you know that cortisol the stress hormone is a key factor in weight gain? And it seems to me that the effect persists even when the stress has left you.

Anyway I am undoubtedly fitter now than I was a year ago due to my (gentle) exercise routine. But for me it is all about eating and drinking less because, unless you run marathons, or train like a professional athlete, you cannot burn off enough to counteract a calorie rich diet in an hour or two of exercise!

If you haven't already, I do recommend you do at least a week of actual calorie counting (I use my Fitbit calorie counter app but not religiously, especially when I am busy, as have been over last few weeks) as it will tell you what you really eat and drink (p.s. don't cheat!) and helps you think "Do I really want this bar of chocolate?" Knowing you then have to swim for an hour or run for 2 hours to get rid of the calories Very Happy

Keep on with your efforts cretan, it is all good; drink more water, definitely less beer and wine, use less salt (including soy sauce) and try not eating bread and starchy foods like pasta, rice and potatoes (all cause the body to retain water) for a few days, and see if that helps you reach this weekly goal.

See I know all the theory, just have to put it more into practice myself Laughing
No bread ( unless it is given with meze ) , no pasta , no chocolate , no sweeties , no cakes , no spuds ( unless out for a meal and Kleftiko has oven baked with it ) ,,,,, they are easy for me to reduce or give up  , rice smaller portions because I live on Thai and stir fry wok cooking , less beer ,,,, easy only because I go out not so often and have none at home . But salt is vital living here , I have never ever had salt on my food , here Cretan food is fairly high in salt and I will never fore go Soy sauce ,,,, but due to our hot climate salt is a necessary evil . 
Calorie counting ,,,,, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , I guess I should , and maybe I will , but it will only happen when I hit a wall , when just by being me and doing what I am doing I can lose 1-1.5kg a week I will continue my way , when that slows down then the calorie / accurate exercise monitoring begins . I enjoy my challenge when doing it my way , I will hate it when I am calorie counting , or step counting . 
Life is for living ,,,, calorie counting isn't life as far as I see it . If I want a night out with curry , rice n beer ( I am thinking in advance of Vince's visit lol ) I am bloody well having it ( I might just have to walk home from Stalis as recompense ) .
The 'Gingas' are due also , that means a lot of nights out ,  wine in place of beer , no starters , more raki less puds ( I don't eat puds anyway ) , more swimming in their hotel pool pre meals I guess ( trouble there is I like Anixi hotel and snacks there are too tempting ) .
Ah well lets get Fridays weigh in over first and then set another target for the weeks all these reprobates are here buggering up my weight loss programme .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:40 pm

cretanmakem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

No bread ( unless it is given with meze ) , no pasta , no chocolate , no sweeties , no cakes , no spuds ( unless out for a meal and Kleftiko has oven baked with it ) ,,,,, they are easy for me to reduce or give up  , rice smaller portions because I live on Thai and stir fry wok cooking , less beer ,,,, easy only because I go out not so often and have none at home . But salt is vital living here , I have never ever had salt on my food , here Cretan food is fairly high in salt and I will never fore go Soy sauce ,,,, but due to our hot climate salt is a necessary evil . 
Calorie counting ,,,,, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , I guess I should , and maybe I will , but it will only happen when I hit a wall , when just by being me and doing what I am doing I can lose 1-1.5kg a week I will continue my way , when that slows down then the calorie / accurate exercise monitoring begins . I enjoy my challenge when doing it my way , I will hate it when I am calorie counting , or step counting . 
Life is for living ,,,, calorie counting isn't life as far as I see it . If I want a night out with curry , rice n beer ( I am thinking in advance of Vince's visit lol ) I am bloody well having it ( I might just have to walk home from Stalis as recompense ) .
The 'Gingas' are due also , that means a lot of nights out ,  wine in place of beer , no starters , more raki less puds ( I don't eat puds anyway ) , more swimming in their hotel pool pre meals I guess ( trouble there is I like Anixi hotel and snacks there are too tempting ) .
Ah well lets get Fridays weigh in over first and then set another target for the weeks all these reprobates are here buggering up my weight loss programme .
Heh yes, that is the problem, when people come and sabotage you! Laughing

Having the daughter and grandchildren here last 4 weeks has wrecked me - had to resort to cake and puddings to survive! But they left this morning. so back to normal for a few days before we are off on our grand cruise holiday next week. We took them to airport at qtr to 4 this morning and we got home again at 6:30am so am feeling quite tired, lost and sad today, but have had time to write long posts again  Smile

Yes in hot climates salt levels are important but eating home made food is easiest way to control that. Too much salt really is a killer, and not just in the weight stakes. You could try a food diary, without the calorie counting, even for a few days. Just write down EVERYTHING you eat and drink, you might be surprised what else you can cut out without much pain.

You know all this really, but maybe if you don't mind me acting as your diet buddy, or a more nagging Jiminy Cricket (as Mr H says tongue ), it will help Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 am

Names , christian , surname , middle . All your life you are known by them in one form or another . Are you happy with your name ? Does it suit you ? would you change it ( many do ) ? 

I was born Richard Andrew Underwood thats my first birth certificate . 
I was adopted and my name became Andrew Richard Green on my second birth certificate . 
Throughout my life my mum till her dying day called me Andrew , my dad humphed and grumphed but called me Andrew among other things under his breath I am sure , bless him . 
Kids , mates , associates during my younger years called me Andy , it fitted during those times . 
As I 'grew up' I preferred Andrew and introduced myself as such , at this time some still called me Andy , I soon put them right if it bothered me , others that called me Andy were left alone with their misconception that 'Andy' was okay by me , purely on the basis that what they called me didn't matter because they didn't matter to me . 
Moving to Crete and well my transformation became complete . I met an American lady , one of her husbands ( not sure which of the 5 or 6 she had ) was in the band Spirit in the 60s . I knew nothing of this band , but by chance I mentioned a song covered by This Mortal Coil and its significance in my life . Low and behold this song was originally sung by Spirit . Now this American lady didn't like my name Andrew , due entirely on an Andrew in her life that was , well was a tosser . So she called me Drew . 
Only one other lady had called me Drew and that was a Geography teacher way back , who was quite a 'lady' from Scotland , and I liked it then and I like it now . 
Now my American lady passed away very shortly after our first meeting , Maria cared for her during those hard times , but her legacy with me is that I am called Drew to one and all , for the past four years since that meeting I am Drew . It suits me , I love it and I will be called Drew till I leave this mortal coil .
Fate is strange , Spirit sang a song which the cover by This Mortal Coil is impregnated in my head because it is a song I cry too all to often , it is the song that I first heard when Becky ( my daughter ) passed away and it is very relevant ,,,, Natures Way an absolute masterpiece for me , my daughter , my American lady and my life as Drew . 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 am

Well I'm
Vincent James
While very young until about teenage years
I was called by my nickname that I hated Jammie.
It soon became vince and that has stuck with me all my life.
However some of my close family still call me Vincent.
Although when I changed jobs 1986 some one called me vinnie.
Unfortunately that stuck with quite a few people.
I have told them I don't like vinnie and many have accepted my request.
Unfortunately there is still a few people who address me as vinnie.
Most of these people I only see occasionally over the past 30 years.

So my preferred name is vince.
But no problem with Vincent as that is my name.
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 am

Vincemac wrote:Well I'm
Vincent James
While very young until about teenage years
I was called by my nickname that I hated Jammie.
It soon became vince and that has stuck with me all my life.
However some of my close family still call me Vincent.
Although when I changed jobs 1986 some one called me vinnie.
Unfortunately that stuck with quite a few people.
I have told them I don't like vinnie and many have accepted my request.
Unfortunately there is still a few people who address me as vinnie.
Most of these people I only see occasionally over the past 30 years.

So my preferred name is vince.
But no problem with Vincent as that is my name.
Depending on how good the curry house you take us too it may be Vince , Vincent , Vinnie or @+$%^% if it aint so good . 
Whatever the result I look forward to a few beers with Maria , Pauline and whatever your name is  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:34 am

Beautiful story Cretan and a beautiful piece of music.

My mother was called Rebecca but everyone called her Becky, She was taken from us too soon aged just 51, when I was 24, and them my beautful sister found out she was terminally ill less than 6 months later and died 18 months later too, aged just 31 years and 9 days old. It was a sad time, but the memories live on and they are both never forgotten.

I was christened Patricia, with no middle name. We were Catholic and I would have got a middle name at my confirmation, but my mum and dad got divorced so she was excommunicated and we all lapsed. Anyway my family always called me Trish or Trisha, but at school everyone called me Pat, all the way through I was called Pat. And I never liked it but I was quite a shy person and never had the nerve to say anything. Even now if I run across any friends from back then (rarely as no facebook in those days and lost touch with most) they still know me as Pat. But when I was 19 I went off to America on a University exchange programme (ended up staying for 6 years and never finished my degree, back then anyway). I decided no one knew me so I would not be shy and retiring but act confident, even if I didn't feel it, and that I would always introduce myself as Trish. And so I have been Trish, and a much more confident person, ever since!

The funniest thing there though was that not having a middle name confused Americans terribly as every form has space for middle name, like applying for a social security number, driving license or health insurance etc. etc, and they did not cope well with leaving it blank. "You don't have a middle name?", "No", "Huh? Why not?" You could see their brains could not get their head round it Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Beautiful story Cretan and a beautiful piece of music.

My mother was called Rebecca but everyone called her Becky, She was taken from us too soon aged just 51, when I was 24, and them my beautful sister found out she was terminally ill less than 6 months later and died 18 months later too, aged just 31 years and 9 days old. It was a sad time, but the memories live on and they are both never forgotten.

I was christened Patricia, with no middle name. We were Catholic and I would have got a middle name at my confirmation, but my mum and dad got divorced so she was excommunicated and we all lapsed. Anyway my family always called me Trish or Trisha, but at school everyone called me Pat, all the way through I was called Pat. And I never liked it but I was quite a shy person and never had the nerve to say anything. Even now if I run across any friends from back then (rarely as no facebook in those days and lost touch with most) they still know me as Pat. But when I was 19 I went off to America on a University exchange programme (ended up staying for 6 years and never finished my degree, back then anyway). I decided no one knew me so I would not be shy and retiring but act confident, even if I didn't feel it, and that I would always introduce myself as Trish. And so I have been Trish, and a much more confident person, ever since!

The funniest thing there though was that not having a middle name confused Americans terribly as every form has space for middle name, like applying for a social security number, driving license or health insurance etc. etc, and they did not cope well with leaving it blank. "You don't have a middle name?", "No", "Huh? Why not?" You could see their brains could not get their head round it Laughing
Funny thing you mention about the Americans and a middle name , here in Greece on all my papers I am Andrew Albert Green , they insist on all official papers your fathers name is also your name , weird but true . 
Whats in a name  ? plenty as far you , Vince and I am concerned it seems . Nice stories thank you both for sharing ( sound like I am Sherlock , Johnny Lee Miller at one of his AA meetings ) .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:23 pm

I was the victim of thoughtless parents, though they both swore it didn't occur to them until I raised the point after my first day at Grammar school!

My father's names were Victor Henry, my mother wanted me to be called David, so, although I was David to all in the family, I was christened Victor David, which caused great mirth among the senior ranks at grammar school on reading the name on my satchel as Bowen VD  Embarassed

Why oh why could they not have christened me David Victor?   Sad

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:50 am

Crap chat today was going to be one of two things for me , either accute embarassment of producing pictures of me being a very overweight beer monster or me being smug and proud having achieved my target weight of 107.5 kg ( last two weeks aim ) . 
Well having spent the past 20 minutes trying to get photobucket to work I give up , other jobs take precedence , so ladies and gentlemen you will have to wait for either a horror shock picture or one of my feet showing that I have today dodged a bullet and will not have to show the Sundermad world a very gross sight . 
Does anyone use a different platform to download pictures ? 
My patience in trawling the internet and signing up to stuff that turns out to be shyte knows no bounds of blasphemy . 
So I am off to feed dogs , de-pooh , hose patios , water plants and generally sweat my tits off until 10am . 

Crap chat will , hopefully return to normal tomorrow .

Istron tonight and lets play DARTSSSSSSSSSS .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum