SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Mourinho sore loser
Today at 8:46 am by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Today at 8:35 am by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM
Today at 6:02 am by sunderpitt

» Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Kipper

» Walking Fottball
Yesterday at 6:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» I know we should be the last to call anyone
Yesterday at 8:58 am by oldblackcat

» Jermain Defoe World Class Goal for Bournemouth Against Palace .
Yesterday at 8:49 am by oldblackcat

» January target ?
Yesterday at 8:33 am by cretanmakem

» Quiz 75
2017-12-09, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» It's bloody cold
2017-12-09, 8:35 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-16, 7:41 am

Well with the season finally limping off into the sunset ( a mighty fine sunset here I might add ) I thought I would ramble on and on about Crete , life as an ex pat and my daily life . I doubt anyone can be bothered to read this but for moi it is a first chance to 'blog' ,,,, well write a daily dairy as such . So it will be full of nothing and be whatever is either occuring in our life here or in my head ( thats a scary thought ) . 
It will take no particular direction and will undoubtedly be disjointed in its contents , so without further ado here goes for part one .

Any Percy Throwers out there ? Last year I dabbled in growing anything and everything ( not being much of a food crop grower myself ) , well mainly because of luck , weather and a lot of watering we had a continuos supply of tomatoes , cucumbers,and chillis along with a vast amount of radishes .
This year was planned to become a year of self sufficiency with salad the main objective . 
Pfft a broken leg end of Jan , long recupperation and a complete lack of control in planning my seeding has meant a chaotic start to
life as Percy .
What I have done is planted toms and cucumbers in several places (all from seed , no buying seedlings for Mr Greenfingers ) , troughs , hanging whatsits and in the bottom garden ( there lies another story ) with trying to avoid total plant massacre from our 10 yes TEN dogs .   
So blog one here endeth with a wish and a prayer for good sowing of my seed ( them were the days ) and a picture of some of last years fruits of my ,,,,, ) .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-16, 10:29 am

Well I for one am interested and despite being unable to eat tomatoes due to some weird allergy thing these pictures look great! Sorry to hear about your broken leg and 10 dogs... dear God my worst nightmare! Shocked

I too began gardening last year, only lawns, and shrubs and flowers and herbs, far too windy and cold on the North Sea coast to grow veggies and salad stuff without a lot of effort, But I am pleased with how it is looking after only a year and really  'enjoy' the backbreaking work that is involved in weeding!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-17, 5:43 am

Good morning all , our usual 6am awakening was a wee bit early today . The suns rays usually tw@t me in the face , I kick Maria , she gets up scolds the dogs ( in their fantasy world sunrise means get the lazy humans UP NOW ), feeds the cats and then grumpy git puts the kettle on . Today a slightly different event ,,,, barking , banging , clattering and general mayhem . Finkie our 'pretty boy' dog is not so bright , so when Mano's dog decides to walk past our gate Finkies decides to be a total wally and put his head and half his body thru the railings and get stuck . Oh the joys of retirement and peace and tranquility ,,,, pfft taking in strays DOES NOT give you one minutes peace , I digress .
Me I love adverts , on tv usually , it takes real skill to get a product into my self absorbing head ( EGO was a word made for normal people , me I'm so full of my own self it doesn't even cover one of my toenails ) so when an ad gets into my head it is either brilliant or the product is made solely for me . True genius .
The Cretans have it to perfection ,,,,,,,

Geez two days of temps 40plus and we have a 'drought' ,,,, who needs hot sunshine or spell check to have a reason to go get bladdered ? 

I never got past CHEESE PIE FESTIVAL , who could not refuse to go and EAT ALL THE PIES , you fat bastard doesn't enter my head . Even if the ladies picture was taken in the 60s and they will all be 100+ dressed in black ,looking like shrivelled walnuts I bet they can make canny pies ,,,,, I'm off to Kritsa NOW to join the quque of fat bastards .

And finally from Greek tv an ad that epitomises this wonderful culture , the music , the setting , the twirly skirt ( poetic for COR shes a bit of alright ) , FIX beer you nailed it for me with a perfect advert . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxKAXuxIaik&list=RDbxKAXuxIaik&spfreload=10#t=0
Have a nice day .
ps someone please tell me how to correctly post from you tube rather than just the link ,,,,

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-05-17, 9:41 am

Are you based anywhere near Malia? I had a very eventful holiday there many years back and was fortunate to come back alive..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-17, 10:52 am

Malia is 5km away ,,,, not as it was , still a bit lively in the summer but not a place I go . 
Will post pics soon and you will where we are in respect to Malia .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-17, 11:11 am

Very good. Made me smile anyway. Very Happy 

I love the menus that have been translated into English when we go abroad and yes some of the signs are hilarious. i will make sure I take pics from now on!

To post Youtube videos just copy the Youtube URL that you want to post, then on the menu bar on here, look for the "F" icon, then the one next LEFT is for posting Daily motion videos, and the one LEFT of that is for Youtube. Click on that icon and a box comes up where you can paste the URL for the YouTube video and click insert, and there you go! Very Happy

Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-18, 10:16 am

Ohhhhhh my head ,,, have a bit of a hangover , me and raki are not the best of friends . Had so many ideas ( not a good thing ) for what to write today . So much nonsense floating around a vast empty space even Stephen Hawking would not be able to grasp the immense dimensional difficulty of making a coherent sentence from my inner cosmos . 
So from the black hole comes this gem ,,,,, online dating ? have you done it ? would you do it ? does it work ? how truthful would your profile be ? so many questions ,,,,, and a need to know .
This need to be informed comes from a chance encounter last night , it rained ,,,, yes RAINED in Crete , how bloody dare it , who Mr Stephen bloody Hawking in your amazing font of knowledge about all things none of us mere mortals have a bloody clue about decided to act as God and RAIN on my meal at my favourite restaurant ?
Rain meant a hasty grab of my meze and beer and trot off into the inner sanctum of Nickys restaurant to play musical chairs with 30ish outdoor diners looking at 20ish indoor chairs ,,,,, hmm dodgy leg , being a local , trying not to look a pillock balancing beer glass , bottle , plates and really not wanting to sit with some Dutch terrorist ( tourist to you lovely holidaymakers ) made me the local village idiot in looks and in actions . 
Anyway Maria and I were taken pity on by an english gentleman and his lady  , and so began a very pleasant and enjoyable evening with two extremely nice people . Which ended at 4 am ish give or take a minute .
And here is why todays Cretan Crap ramble is about online dating . This couple ( to be nameless , I think is wise ) met 6 months previous via an online dating site and were embarking on their first sojourn onto foreign land together . I loved them , good conversation , sense of humour , open and frank , informative and hopefully a mutual enjoyment of the 'enforced' table companions . 
But does online dating work ? Would I put these two people together in 'real' life ? How does this electronic gelling of two people searching in a laptop world effect 'my' cosmos ( is it like a butterflys wings beating in Brazil , turning into a bloody rain cloud over my meal in Crete , kinda cause and effect syndrome ) . Maybe a load of waffle from me but come on I just don't get 'online' dating . HELPPPPPPPPPP someone out there just type a word or two to put my mind at ease ,,,, I have other aquaintances ( I don't do friends ) who have gone all 'online' to find their ideal dreamboat and ended up with nutters verging on Alex ( her from Fatal Attraction and boiling bunnies ) or Eastern European women able to drink Crete dry in one afternoon with a bit of meze to wash it down ( more on this another day ) . 
So although I write this drivel for my pleasure ,hopefully some soul out there who cares a shit about what is written on the haloed Sundermad turf will tell me why should anyone with a tongue in their gob have to go all 'online' to get a partner ?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-18, 12:02 pm

Sorry cannot help as also agree online dating seems just so 'unhuman'. But as most people seem to live in a virtual world these days I guess finding a partner that way may not seem so odd to them. But having been a computer programmer for a lot of my working life, I really would not want to trust my future happiness to an algorithm, especially one where you cannot check the accuracy of the data that has been input! 

Great blog by the way, I certainly enjoy it Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-19, 5:54 am

Kalimera , Sundermadders and the one or two interlopers from foreign fields ( Nameless but I am aware of Orient n Rangers fans checking out my masterful writing talent ) signing on to read my crap chat . 
Okay I am NOT a humble man , I AM one who thinks he knows all ( to be fair I actually do know it all ) apart from ,,,,,,  modern day technology ( I guess all this electronic stuff has an overall name ? ) . I'm talking about ipods ipads ( are they one and the same ? ) gameboys , ps4,5,66 however many there are , X box , kindle ( don't get me started ) tablets , phones with cameras .
I am 57 years old I do not and never have had any one of these contraptions ( I lie I have a tablet I never use ). I would be 67 before I found an on/off button  ( lol I bet they are now all voice or thumb print activated ) .
Am I missing out on life ? 
Am I a retard who lives in a cave ?
Am I in denial (about many things but this ) ? 
Do I need a mobile with a camera ? I dont even have a mobile without a camera .
I have what I think are fair and reasonable excuses for my ignorance ( yeah I hear the calls of ' you dumb , thick old git ) . So hear goes , I was in retail food management many a long year followed by running restaurants and bars , now with long hours ,near to no time off , these gadgets just didn't enter my world . 
I was divorced and missed the teen years of living with a family embarking on shopping expeditions for the latest fad in this modern world . 
I am blessed with beautiful children , and ( to my eternal gratitude ) as yet no grandchildren , Maria my extremely beautiful lady has this blessing also ( although I reckon her desire for a grandchild will result in me going to jail for stealing or illegally buying one ) . So with no youth among our tribe this technology has I feel just sailed on by . 
My first purchase of a laptop was at 50 yrs old , blimey what a world that opened up , another time will come Msn , facebook , skype and all that other 'shyte' known as 'total bollocks' . 
So I have never downloaded my fav tune onto an i pod/pad , never played Assasinscreedywarmassacrebuildacitygameofwastingmylifeaway on an Xbox/ps99 or any other thing that eats batteries for fun . 
Never snapped that nonsensical pished person I don't know and will never see again repeatedly cos I can cos my phone lets me .
Never touched the Devils work known as Kindle ,,,,, you bastards taking away the true pleasure of feeling paper / turning pages / making the words 'page turner' evoke a desire to find Pat Barker give her a big bloody kiss and hug for making the world a much better place ( another days work coming to a crap chat near you SOON ) . 
My conclusion ,,, only because I could go on and on about this subject and probably will down the line is that my life is full , like Syds SAFC glass usually is full of positiveness , my glass is full of LIFE without technology , I love my life here in Crete I do not need this technology thank you very much . 

McBean it is your duty as our adopted teenager to 'teach' me the wisdom of playing Gameywardeathcarchasehouseybuild 20 hours a day when you and your 'Maw' ( omg just wait till ginga day on crap chat ) come a calling soon . xoxo 

Okay Hieronymous ,,,,,, hahahahahhahaahahaaa oh shit , techno phobe calling ,,,, going to try and download a song ,,,,, 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-19, 6:07 am

like like like like like

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-19, 10:15 am

Love it! Really starting to look forward to this great start to my day every morning Very Happy

As someone who worked in IT most of my working life I am stlll not a great one for using technology, and have never played computer games either. Maybe understanding it a bit, how it worked, meant I also understood the pitfalls and downside?

But, believe me, when I was getting divorced and the kids lived with their dad, and I was an itinerant IT management consultant working all over the country, it was a lifesaver for me. Initially I called the kids every night to speak to them, but that soon developed into chatting via MSN messenger, and now, with one in Cheltenham and the other in Uganda, I still 'chat' with them most days. Once  the grandchildren came along,  because they live far away, the joys of Facebook messenger and phones to get instant photos and Skype for video calls with them, cannnot be overstated.

For context, when I was 19 I went to university in America and communicated with my parents once a month by 'bluey' airmail letter and a phone call at Christmas! How times have changed eh?

As for reading, I too was a reluctant Kindle user at first.  I am a voracious reader and have hundreds of books. The main issue was, when travelling to our holiday apartment in Spain, with hand luggage only, I had to plan for easily reading a book a day, so had to take so many books had no room for anythng else! Getting a Kindle for Christmas from a hubby who was stumped what to get me, solved that problem. Load up books onto the Kindle and only one little device to transport. Gave the kids an easy present for me for birthdays and Christmas too - Amazon vouchers!

I love it now, and while it is not quite the same and I do find it annoying if I want to page back and re-read something for example, it is great because you can adjust the size of the font if you forget your glasses, and you can look up words on the built in dictionary. It also has one other great advantage, in my house anyway. My husband used to complain, because I read so fast, that the noise of the pages turning kept him awake, and even that i would create a draft, when I read in bed at nght! Laughing None of that with a Kindle. Mind I don't have the new type, with the backlight, because blue light from devices is bad for your sleep pattern and you should switch them off at least an hour before trying to sleep.

Anyway I still have all my books, and they decorate my home very nicely, but I hardly ever pick one up these days. Except the children's books that I still read to my grandson when I can. The Kindle cannot take the place of sitting next to a child, looking at the pictures and words together, helping them discover the joy of books and reading, and literally opening up the entire universe to his imagination. What better gift can anyone give to any child eh? Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-19, 12:29 pm

FAO Hieronymous and anyone else ,,,,,, if you enjoy or even disagree with my daily drivel but still sign in to pass a few minutes then copy and paste to your facebook friends ( or enemies if my writing is that bad ) of course my ego knows no bounds and I'd love a million 'followers' but also new faces onto this lovely site cannot be a bad thing ,,,, we may even convert those fans ( I mentioned the O's and Rangers fans I know now read this ) of other teams to at least be Sunderland mad as their second team ( a site full of Canary Dave disciples cannot be all bad me thinks ) .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-05-19, 1:15 pm

cretanmakem wrote:FAO Hieronymous and anyone else ,,,,,, if you enjoy or even disagree with my daily drivel but still sign in to pass a few minutes then copy and paste to your facebook friends ( or enemies if my writing is that bad ) of course my ego knows no bounds and I'd love a million 'followers' but also new faces onto this lovely site cannot be a bad thing ,,,, we may even convert those fans ( I mentioned the O's and Rangers fans I know now read this ) of other teams to at least be Sunderland mad as their second team ( a site full of Canary Dave disciples cannot be all bad me thinks ) .

like canary canary canary canary

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady M on 2017-05-19, 6:49 pm

Having just returned fr0m  The  Game B0Y  exhibiti0n in N0rth K0rea i am feeling excited perhaps thats due t0 my  ex 0ffici0. H0wever i have t0 say i c0ncur with y0ur take 0n age. It maybe t0 y0ur advantage t0 kn0w  i have a vacant space in my  next Eg0-trip  ,c0mputer science   and  Meditati0n class.My ass0ciate Alexi pr0vides  ethical  causati0n s0unds ac0mpanied by the well   kn0wn sitar player McBean. We l00k f0rward t0 seeing  yu  f0r  m0rse  c0 What a Face 
de  y0u can c0ntact us at .....  ......
Lady M

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-19, 7:00 pm

Lady M wrote:Having just returned fr0m  The  Game B0Y  exhibiti0n in N0rth K0rea i am feeling excited perhaps thats due t0 my  ex 0ffici0. H0wever i have t0 say i c0ncur with y0ur take 0n age. It maybe t0 y0ur advantage t0 kn0w  i have a vacant space in my  next Eg0-trip  ,c0mputer science   and  Meditati0n class.My ass0ciate Alexi pr0vides  ethical  causati0n s0unds ac0mpanied by the well   kn0wn sitar player McBean. We l00k f0rward t0 seeing  yu  f0r  m0rse  c0 What a Face 
de  y0u can c0ntact us at .....  ......
Welcome Lady M, we can now have a Crete branch

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-19, 7:20 pm

Lady M is undoubtedly an Orient fan with weird allegencies to Gooners , however her knowledge of football is quite astounding and of Irish descent she can undoubtedly give us the heads up on all things Hurling ( no not Hurley ) . I would be very surprised nay astounded if her techno knowledge was more than mine , mind it may be hidden under a bushel ( not sure which part of female anatomy I dare begin to search ) .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-20, 4:03 am

G'day Cobbers ( this will be explained shortly ) . Crap chat isn't my forum to mention football , however this weekend has to be the exception ( I do not like laws , rules , authority even my own ) so due to the demise of Premier football for the foreseeable future for us Sundermadders where are we in terms of sport in our lives on a weekend ? 
Well due to my early 'retirement' in a hot sultry Crete with a very hot sultry lay ( ooops my 'd' went missing ) lady my sporting 'viewing' has increased a thousand fold .
Sunderland has NOT ( oh my word I'm a heathen , a traitor to the red and white army ) been my sole team to support . Before Syd deletes my account into some ethereal world of men that don't like football and don't watch sport ( must be a vote winner in the election to just hang this lot ) let me explain . 
My online 'work' means I HAVE to watch sport , any sport , all sport ,,,, tough life this gambling lark ( yeah for those that don't know I'm an online gambler , may your chosen God tear me limb from limb and cast my body into the fires of damnation ) .
I will one day try and explain gambling/poker as an art form a skill set a demanding mistress who will abuse you if you don't follow rules cast in stone ( yup I hear you say I don't like rules , but these ones mean if you live by the sword you will surely die by the sword therefore follow the RULES ) .
Right my 'other' teams ,,,,, to watch/bet on sport takes hours of study , hours of gathering info , hours of watching table tennis /bowls/ badminton .... finding an edge , finding a % worthy of ARGHHHH a bet ( 3 hail marys and I promise not to swear in this days crap chat ) . So due to my timetable of living the life of Crete , Aussie ( Ah thats the reason for the greeting ) sport is a good arena for my betting shekels . Now to watch endless sport which in my life before never entered my head takes some doing , so I decided for each sport I would have my 'team' to follow . 
Drumroll ,,,,,, so rather than stick a pin in a map of Oz I actually thought ( sensibility in me ??? much doubted ) hmm look at a map and go for east coast midway between Lincoln my home town and Sunderland my adopted home and team in comparison on a map of Oz and that city will be the home of my Oz teams in all sports . 
Sweat , fear and a promise to stop ever being sensible again took over when this thought passed thru my grey matter ,,,,, Britain shipped the bad lads n lasses from our shore and deposited them on this bloomin ( notice not a swear ) big island . Now because I know for a fact  SUNDERLAND has NO bad lads n lasses but MAGLAND has millions , what if one of them did a runner up the east coast of OZ n named every shack n shed after Saint Shearer or Blyth or St James ( how am I not swearing by now ? ) with sweat and that cold chill you feel as your team goes down a goal ( we have def all been there ) I looked at my chosen city ,,,,phew Brisbane . I know absolutely nothing about Brisbane apart from it isn't called Newcastle , that'll do for me .
So when premier football goes , which for me is a disaster , my viewing is pretty grim unless I have other teams in other sports . So this last winter I had Brisbane Roar 3rd in their respective ladder ( hey even have the Oz jargon  ) , Brisbane Heat ( 2nd in their ladder ) and Brisbane Broncos ( currently top , yes TOP ) . So even when I'm down , angry , frustrated and want to cry at what has happened to MY / OUR  team I do have a very small consolation of knowing it wasnt a Mag who named Brisbane and they this winter had pretty good teams in all sports .
So after Sunday and our premier demise here are a few of my ones to follow ( reasons will follow in the coming weeks , I can talk the talk about owt ) 

Triathlon World Series JUN 10-11 Leeds 
Lions in New Zealand 1st test JUL 24 
Tour d France  JUL 1st
Swimming World Aquatics Championships JUL 14 

The world ends Sunday , the world begins Sunday . My glass is frothily overflowing with positiveness it will for sure be flat when we kick off in the Chumpionship , but hey ho I'm sure there is life after premier just not as we know it .

Have a blooming good weekend and if you don't tap your feet to this canny tune ( spoons and an anvil ??? ) you are either DEAD or a DOUBLE FOOT AMPUTEE . Have a good one cobbers 

Last edited by cretanmakem on 2017-05-20, 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellcheck)

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-20, 3:37 pm

like like like  

Not that I approve of gambling mind, but as long as you control it, and it doesn't control you, I guess that is ok Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-21, 6:54 am

Wow so much to write , so many subjects , so serious , so personnal , so EGO invigorating , so NO I won't do it , not today , today is Sunday , Sunday Bloody Sunday ( Bono's voice rattling in my head ) our SAFC day of finality , our SAFC day of rebirth ,,,,, yeah okay enough cliche claptrap . 

We , Maria and I usually pre 6 am get out of our pit , I do my toilet functions ( no artistic descriptive writing on this subject for you Sundermadders ) , as I pass I hit the on button to fire into life my lappy , TEN dogs get the obligatory stroke and good morning grunt/abusive word/or name acknowledgement depending on how grumpy I am . Kettle on , say hi to the cats in their lady cave ( will leave this subject in your head as a place of darkness , chains and Wendy in leather and latex waiting to spank your bottom ) .
Do my bits and pieces with a coffee online ( email , facebook , Bet365 , poker stats , Sundermad etc etc ) then for me it is clear the dogs food bowls ( her indoors usually does the morning feed ) and then my de-poohing from the nights ablutions around our patios begins ( to be clear this is the dogs nightime mess not mine or her indoors ) , and always a complete hosing of all patio and external areas and watering of my plant life ( my world ) . My life then begins around 9am .
Now apart from throwing a bit of wet and a bit of dry food at the dogs , what does Maria do during my hectic 3 hours ? 
I will tell you what she does ,,,,, she plants her bum on a chair on our patio and sits looking at the sunrise doing precisely NOWT . 
Well NOWT in disguise ,,,, Meditation she calls it , MED I FKN TATION .
Okay I am neanderthal man living in a cave , but come on , sitting doing nowt is called being a ' lazy sod ' in my reckoning .
It is a mystery, an X-file of non understanding , a trendy/lefty/gay/lesbian/greenhamcommon thingamy this meditation lark in my eyes .
I admit she has books spread about , she has a 'journal' , she writes bits of stuff ( never read em , never will ) , but it is the same books every day , thumbed thru a zillion times by said 'her' , it is she says a clearing of the mind ( F@@@k in hell Maria is Irish there aint much of a mind to clear ) . 
I do not get it , meditation , surely when doing your mornings chores your mind is empty , it allows for a clearance of crap and a filling of info for today , tomorrow , the future . WHY OH WHY do you have to plant ya arse watching a sunrise to sort your life instead of just getting on with the brushing and mopping .
And for this Meditation malarky among so many things is why I love this woman , she isn't me , she is my polar opposite , she doesn't cowtow to my demanding nature , she is Maria and for that I am thankful and in love . To end where I began with a song in my head .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-21, 6:59 am

Sat on her bum today ,,,,, point proven 

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-21, 9:15 am

Good on Maria I say. I am not into meditation or 'new age' stuff, really but have friends that are and they say the same, clears your mind and makes your body feel ready for the day. Me, I prefer to have extra sleep! Too many early morning when I was working, so now I am retired, late starts are the order of the day Very Happy

Last edited by Hieronymus on 2017-05-21, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-21, 9:41 am

Hieronymus wrote:Good on Maria I say. I am not into meditation or 'new age' stuff, really but have friends that are and they say the same, clears your mind and makes your body feel ready for the day. Me, I prefer to have extra sleep! Too many early morning when I was working, so now I am retired, late starts are the order of the day Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-05-21, 9:48 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Good on Maria I say. I am not into meditation or 'new age' stuff, really but have friends that are and they say the same, clears your mind and makes your body feel ready for the day. Me, I prefer to have extra sleep! Too many early morning when I was working, so now I am retired, late starts are the order of the day Very Happy

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-05-21, 1:43 pm

The son of a friend of mine got to into sport spread betting...not good

I would be like your better half relaxing watching the sun rise...i could really enjoy that
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-05-21, 1:50 pm

sunderpitt wrote:The son of a friend of mine got to into sport spread betting...not good

I would be like your better half relaxing watching the sun rise...i could really enjoy that
I am good at poker due to my mathmatically operational mind ,, however without doubt unless I had a professorship in maths I wouldn't touch spread betting in a million years . Here endeth that little problem . 

You are welcome to come and enjoy our sunrises anytime you care ( the only charge for the use of our patio and our sunrise is a few mythos my friend )  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum