SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Tina anybody?
Today at 4:28 am by Nostalgic

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 10:21 pm by Nostalgic

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 10
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Billy D

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:14 pm by gil t azell

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

» I am no scholar
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by Hieronymus

» Academy of Plight?
Yesterday at 1:45 pm by Hieronymus

» Interesting Appeal
Yesterday at 10:20 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Yesterday at 9:58 am by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

oldblackcat

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

What's your biggest disappointment with Moyes management

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's your biggest disappointment with Moyes management

Post  vinkel on Mon May 15, 2017 1:30 pm

As an ex centre back, i am disappointed with our defence. Second worse goals against in the Prem. When Sam came in his first priority was to sort the defence, he made that a priority at Palace too. He brought in Djilobodjy and Lescot and has left them out most of the time. Are they that bad, and if so why did he sign them. I am not trying to have a go for the sake of it, but fcs it is farcical. Cant rely on Pickford all the time.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: What's your biggest disappointment with Moyes management

Post  Footie73 on Mon May 15, 2017 1:46 pm

To be honest I do not think all the players are as bad as some make out, I do believe he lacked motivation with a lot of these players.
Footie73
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Mon May 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Disastrous season all round.
Owner, Management, Players....

Who cares ?
We supporters of course. 

DM had very limited funds of course and unfortunately that is unlikely to change.
Perhaps he will fare better with his buys in the fizzy pop?
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Moyes was our manager when we were relegated...that is disappointment enough

He did not have much money and what he had was not wisely spent dillybody not up to the job nor any of the ex Manure players. Love, McNair and Januzaj. N'Dong might be okay in the fizzy pop league.

Rest are mainly sick notes we had awful injuries plus we had a CB who did not want to play for us. Could Moyes have managed him better?

I could go on....it was awful watching them we let in too many goals and could not score many, at times we were headless chickens whose heads went down as soon as we conceded a goal
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on Mon May 15, 2017 4:35 pm

I put it down to bad luck with lots of long term injuries,Moyes lack of motivation skills,Moyes lack of tactical skills and Moyes negativity,oh and the lack of interest from most of the players.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Mon May 15, 2017 4:45 pm

At the end of the day a manager has to 'manage' his resources.

We have been found wanting at all levels...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Mon May 15, 2017 6:27 pm

My biggest disappointment with Moyes management is that it ever started at all. Never my choice for us and I feel he has let us all down. I appreciate all the club issues, injuries, lack of money, blah blah, but at the end of the day it was his responsibility to do the best with what he had and keep us in the Premier League and he failed. Anyone think Sam would have failed given the same resources?

If Moyes stays and does well next season I will eat humble pie and congratulate him on turning things around, but if he goes I will not be sorry.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on Mon May 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Hieronymus wrote:My biggest disappointment with Moyes management is that it ever started at all. Never my choice for us and I feel he has let us all down. I appreciate all the club issues, injuries, lack of money, blah blah, but at the end of the day it was his responsibility to do the best with what he had and keep us in the Premier League and he failed. Anyone think Sam would have failed given the same resources?

If Moyes stays and does well next season I will eat humble pie and congratulate him on turning things around, but if he goes I will not be sorry.
God, your a hard woman. Is your mother called Margaret by any chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Mon May 15, 2017 6:36 pm

vinkel wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:My biggest disappointment with Moyes management is that it ever started at all. Never my choice for us and I feel he has let us all down. I appreciate all the club issues, injuries, lack of money, blah blah, but at the end of the day it was his responsibility to do the best with what he had and keep us in the Premier League and he failed. Anyone think Sam would have failed given the same resources?

Hahaha! No but my sister is! Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Mon May 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Hieronymus wrote: like My biggest disappointment with Moyes management is that it ever started at all. Never my choice for us and I feel he has let us all down. I appreciate all the club issues, injuries, lack of money, blah blah, but at the end of the day it was his responsibility to do the best with what he had and keep us in the Premier League and he failed. Anyone think Sam would have failed given the same resources?

like like like
Spot on
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Mon May 15, 2017 9:50 pm

I am not disappointed at all.  It turned to ashes at an early stage of the season and not many people could raise a settled team from the circumstances caused by the long-term injuries in all departments. The defence was poor at times but that was more down to individual performance than his strategy but when we consistently lost the ball in midfield leaving ourselves open at the back it is none the wonder we struggled.

If he was responsible for the deal that got rid of PVA then he will do for me to lead our recovery.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Tue May 16, 2017 2:59 am

Correct & to the point.

Anyone who blames injuries hasn't coached, if ever for a very LONG time and as such maybe it's time to wake up & take their badges or at least refresh by reading the Youth level 1 should they be touting that one.
A top manager never lays the blame for their loses on the missing players, not even Enrique or Zidane!

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Tue May 16, 2017 5:55 am

vinkel wrote:

How about my pre adoption birth certificate then ,,,,,,, Richard Andrew Underwood , born Grantham ,,,,,, mother Margaret Rose Underwood ,,,,, related to Margaret Hilda Underwood ( Thatcher ) ???? Who knows , but my heads firmly above the parapet to be shot at . 
And NO I do not know one way or the other , never bothered to find out any details .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Tue May 16, 2017 10:31 am

cretanmakem wrote:
vinkel wrote:

How about my pre adoption birth certificate then ,,,,,,, Richard Andrew Underwood , born Grantham ,,,,,, mother Margaret Rose Underwood ,,,,, related to Margaret Hilda Underwood ( Thatcher ) ???? Who knows , but my heads firmly above the parapet to be shot at . 
And NO I do not know one way or the other , never bothered to find out any details .
Thatcher's maiden name was Roberts if that gives you any comfort Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on Tue May 16, 2017 11:00 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
vinkel wrote:

Thatcher's maiden name was Roberts if that gives you any comfort Very Happy
Now theres a thing where did I get Underwood from re Thatcher ? 

Alzheimers , old age , beer fek the list of reasons is endless but stupidity must surely be favourite . Now I need to know just where that bit of wrong knowledge came from ,,,, shit another sleepless night until I forget what I'm worried about ( precisely 10 minutes time is my guess ) erm now what was I doing ,,,,,,,

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Tue May 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Correct & to the point.

Anyone who blames injuries hasn't coached, if ever for a very LONG time and as such maybe it's time to wake up & take their badges or at least refresh by reading the Youth level 1 should they be touting that one.
A top manager never lays the blame for their loses on the missing players, not even Enrique or Zidane!
Read my post again.  Lost possession leading to pressure on defence high up the pitch leaves acres of area to be exploited.  Coaching lesson one, keep possession rather than risk it.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 pm

His stubborn streak.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Tue May 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Correct & to the point.

Read my post again.  Lost possession leading to pressure on defence high up the pitch leaves acres of area to be exploited.  Coaching lesson one, keep possession rather than risk it.
I just scrolled back given that I'd replied to Hieronymus's comments. 

My comments about about injured players is relevant based upon every ounce of literature written on excellence in sports management. Injuries alone do not determine the results over a season, only at critical times should an individual or individuals be at an excellence level. I'm sure you'd agree that SAFC is not exactly blessed with such individuals.

Thank you for your junior Coaching lesson one. 

As an aside, did you read Pep Guardiola's summary of his seasons performance this morning?

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Correct & to the point.

I just scrolled back given that I'd replied to Hieronymus's comments. 

My comments about about injured players is relevant based upon every ounce of literature written on excellence in sports management. Injuries alone do not determine the results over a season, only at critical times should an individual or individuals be at an excellence level. I'm sure you'd agree that SAFC is not exactly blessed with such individuals.

Thank you for your junior Coaching lesson one. 

As an aside, did you read Pep Guardiola's summary of his seasons performance this morning?
My error if you had not read my post as well. So friends again even though I possibly misinterpreted your point about injuries and no current coaching skills. I think you will find Moyes has never used the injuries as an excuse without the context of saying he was restricted for choice.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed May 17, 2017 8:16 am

Well I don't have any coaching badges but would suggest that the loss of a full first team through injury would have an effect. Not an excuse just seems fact to me.

My biggest disappointment is that far too many of our fans said they would give in a chance but in truth never did. The Corbyn of football.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on Wed May 17, 2017 11:23 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well I don't have any coaching badges but would suggest that the loss of a full first team through injury would have an effect. Not an excuse just seems fact to me.

My biggest disappointment is that far too many of our fans said they would give in a chance but in truth never did. The Corbyn of football.
Syd when we get to our age it becomes quite obvious that some things written are a load of shite. It may be said i have contributed at times also.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Wed May 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
My error if you had not read my post as well. So friends again even though I possibly misinterpreted your point about injuries and no current coaching skills. I think you will find Moyes has never used the injuries as an excuse without the context of saying he was restricted for choice.

All good  I love you

The thing is Nos, Moyes knows the game but continues to keep kicking himself in the teeth. This just fuels those whom control things at SAFC so as a lover of SAFC, it's just so infuriating to see someone whom I genuinely believe wants whats best for them to be making it just so much harder for himself. Privately it's said he doesn't do it for the money as he's quite comfortable so given his post Everton experiences to date I hope he's got sound support behind the scenes including a therapist.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Wed May 17, 2017 10:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well I don't have any coaching badges but would suggest that the loss of a full first team through injury would have an effect. Not an excuse just seems fact to me.

Very true but still only one component that most would plan for amongst many if allowed to? 
These days the margin for error is next to nil so lets just hope that he's now allowed to build from the bottom using in-house talent that's groomed to play the same way rather than continuing to buy others used bandaids in the hope of survival.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum