SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V LEEDS- Matchday Thread
Today at 8:31 am by gil t azell

» League Table - Midweek
Today at 7:41 am by Jerry the Jinx

» Results - Midweek
Today at 7:39 am by Jerry the Jinx

»  ‘Click & Collect’
Today at 12:42 am by Nostalgic

» Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP
Today at 12:40 am by Nostalgic

» Predictions Week 3
Yesterday at 8:23 pm by oldblackcat

» McCormack
Yesterday at 8:22 pm by Vincemac

» Friends, Mackems and Sunderpitt
Yesterday at 8:20 pm by Vincemac

» Simon Grayson is hoping that he can keep his central midfield partnership together
Yesterday at 8:07 pm by cyprussyd

» More terror attacks
Yesterday at 6:36 pm by canary-dave

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

gil t azell

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Moyes / player contracts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moyes / player contracts

Post  silvers on Mon May 15, 2017 11:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

David Moyes says he has made a decision on who he wants to retain at Sunderland and claims some players are playing for their futures.

The Black Cats have a lengthy list of players who are set to fall out of contract at the end of the campaign, including skipper John O'Shea, Seb Larsson, Steven Pienaar, Victor Anichebe and Jan Kirchhoff.

Moyes said last week that he is looking to retain a few names from the list of those who could depart the Stadium of Light as free agents and has now revealed that he has spoken to everyone whose contracts are running down.

The Scot has now claimed that a few of those who are out of contract are playing for their futures on Wearside, suggesting some could change their minds on earning new deals.

Moyes said: "We’ve spoken to everyone at the club who has a situation with their contracts where it could be terminated or they could leave. 

"They all know and they’re ongoing so it’s been passed over to [chief executive] Martin Bain, and they’ll speak with their agents and see where we go."

Moyes went on to say that he would be taking several youngsters with him to Arsenal for Tuesday's Premier League encounter due to the ongoing injury problems at Sunderland.

"I’m more concerned that I’ve now got others who are saying they’re injured as well, but we will go there and be committed," he added.

"It might be that we have to take the kids with us to Arsenal but that’s not a problem."
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Moyes / player contracts

Post  Hieronymus on Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Hmm.... "others that are SAYING they are injured as well" Shocked

What on earth does that mean? Is it up to the players to decide if they feel up to it? Do we not have medical staff who tell him whether a player is injured or not!

Maybe I misinterpreted what he said, or maybe he phrased it badly (not for the first time) but it reads like a number of players have suddenly decided to down tools for fear of getting injured before they leave the club Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Mon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm

That's what it sounds like...

They obviously just want 'out' !

Shocked
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Mon May 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Apparently much to my chagrin Roswell stays at his £60,000 p.w. even with relegation.

So we are stuck with the useless bast#rd as nobody with an ounce of savvy will take him on.

As some would say this boils my pizz
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Footie73 on Tue May 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Hmm.... "others that are SAYING they are injured as well" Shocked

What on earth does that mean? Is it up to the players to decide if they feel up to it? Do we not have medical staff who tell him whether a player is injured or not!

Maybe I misinterpreted what he said, or maybe he phrased it badly (not for the first time) but it reads like a number of players have suddenly decided to down tools for fear of getting injured before they leave the club Mad
Where was Khazri tonight, I wonder if he said he was injured?

First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed May 17, 2017 10:49 am

Who’s going and who’s staying? Sunderland boss David Moyes reveals talks with players 

RICHARD MENNEAR Email 08:30Wednesday 17 May 2017 

David Moyes has spoken with all of his Sunderland players about their futures ahead of the summer – with the club braced for a major overhaul. 

The club has eight players out of contract this summer, with three loanees – Adnan Januzaj, Jason Denayer and Javier Manquillo – set to return to their parent clubs. Jermain Defoe can leave on a free in the wake of relegation to the Championship, while the club will inevitably have to cash in on other assets to help balance the books ahead of a summer rebuild. 

Relegated Sunderland are braced for a major summer rebuild and Moyes has moved to hold early talks with those players affected. When asked if he still had decisions to make over some players, he said: “I’ve spoken to all the players now. “I’ve told them exactly what’s going on. 
“We’ve got 10 or 11 that are under contract and are still going to be here, but we’ve also got a number of players who have options where they could leave for whatever reason. “

Obviously they can take up those options if they like. “While the players are under contract, they’re our players, although there’ll maybe be some of them that we don’t want. “We might want some of them to go, in fact we probably do.

” Moyes is set for further talks with chief executive Martin Bain and owner Ellis Short early next week once Sunday’s final game at Chelsea is out of the way. The Sunderland boss says there is a strong core of players on the books for next season ahead of a Championship promotion push. “We’ve got a core under contract. There’s a core of ten or 11 players under contract,” added Moyes in the aftermath of last night’s 2-0 defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. “If we can keep them and add to it, we know we’re going to have a look to see what we can do with that. “If you at the teams that have come up, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see what kind of a budget is required. “Hopefully, we’re able to do that.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum