SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

2 questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 questions

Post  vinkel on 2017-05-14, 10:42 am

1.Is relegation as bad as you earlier thought
2 Can Bain and Moyes turn things round.

I am one of those who believed relegation was the only way to get the drastic change that is needed.
And i think bringing in a new boss now would be a backward step. By now Bain and Moyes are seeing the depth of what is wrong, it is time for Short to let them get on with what they need do. Possibly will need more than one season though.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-14, 11:08 am

1. Yes totally, not personally been here before many times but, for those made redundant through no fault of their own and the fact that decent players will think twice about coming to us. Add that to us selling our best players and we are well in the clarts.
2. Not for a while yet possibly 2/3 seasons.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-14, 11:45 am

I read the BBC gossip every morning and found an overwhelming feeling of relief that we won't be trying and failing to compete with the multi million budgets of premier league clubs.

Hopefully the more realistic prices of championship players will see us shift many out and bring hard workers in. I am resigned to at least two seasons before even looking bat play offs, hope I'm wrong.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-05-14, 12:30 pm

There's nothing good about relegation imo.....true we will get rid of many over rated over paid players....but unless we can get back to the Premier within 3 seasons (when our 100 million parachute payment runs out, 33 million a season isn't much nowadays) we could be resigned to obscurity in the lower leagues....and I believe Moyes and Bain were brought here to turn things around and will get the chance to do that...how long they will be given is another thing
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-14, 5:01 pm

Strangely I feel myself a lot more positive following relegation being confirmed. Regardless of who the manager is I believe any players and from whatever division they come from will be a massive improvement on the shower of sh*te we have endured this season.
Some commitment, some effort, a little bit of skill and a bit pace would be nice.

Like other posters tho I fear mid seson at best next year and then hopefully promotion prior to the parachute payments ceasing.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-14, 5:04 pm

I reckon 3 years minimum as we are literally starting from scratch in a very competitive  league.
It will take a year or two for our younguns to mature.
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-14, 5:05 pm

Hopefully Shorty will sanction the purchase of players good enough to keep us IN the fizzy pop!
We've had enough of his Russian Roulette..
Shocked
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-14, 5:07 pm

silvers wrote:Hopefully Shorty will sanction the purchase of players good enough to keep us IN the fizzy pop!
We've had enough of his Russian Roulette..
Shocked
Is he a striker, this Russian Roulette chap?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum