SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

Latest topics
» Can you help please?
Today at 9:51 am by cyprussyd

» Sundamad memories
Today at 9:50 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 9:02 am by cretanmakem

» 2 weeks today
Today at 8:19 am by cyprussyd

» Bradford City v Sunderland
Today at 7:56 am by cyprussyd

» Daryl Murphy
Today at 7:24 am by Roker roar

» When people ask me why, this is why
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 55
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by MrRAWhite

» Sunderland v Celtic
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by cyprussyd

» Proud dad
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, mackem72

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland manager David Moyes reveals midfielder Jack Rodwell will be the club’s highest earner in the Championship after avoiding a 40 per cent pay cut following their relegation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunderland manager David Moyes reveals midfielder Jack Rodwell will be the club’s highest earner in the Championship after avoiding a 40 per cent pay cut following their relegation

Post  silvers on 2017-05-12, 11:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 26-year-old has failed to impress at the Black Cats since he made he made the switch from Manchester City to the Stadium of Light in 2014
FLOP Jack Rodwell is set to be Sunderland’s highest-earner in the Championship – after escaping a 40 per cent pay cut.
David Moyes has revealed that the injury-prone midfielder is the ONLY member of his squad not to have a relegation wage-reduction clause written into his contract.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jack Rodwell has failed to hit the heights after he moved to Sunderland from Manchester City in 2014

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GETTY IMAGES
The 26-year-old will be the Black Cats’ top earner after a clause in his contract mean he wouldn’t have to take a 40 per cent pay cut
So Rodwell, who has won just one of his 42 league starts for the Black Cats, will continue earning £60,000-a-week in the second tier next term.
The ex-England international, 26, moved to the Stadium of Light from Manchester City in a £10.25million deal in August 2014.
At the time, Rodwell’s signing was seen as something of a coup for Sunderland, who were then managed by Gus Poyet, with Lee Congerton the sporting director.
But it has now emerged that in order to persuade the former Everton starlet to sign for Sunderland, the 40 per cent pay-cut clause the club usually insist on was waived.
And that is something of an embarrassment for the Black Cats given Rodwell’s time on Wearside has so far been a failure.
Quizzed over the wage reductions written into his players’ contracts, boss Moyes said: “I believe there is one player who has not but I think the rest are.

“I believe it is all 40 per cent.”
Then asked if that was Rodwell, Moyes replied: “Yes.”
Moyes has also been angered by the details of Jermain Defoe’s contract.
When the England striker joined the Black Cats on a three-and-a-half-year deal from Toronto in January 2015, it was written into his contract that he could leave on a free should they go down.
Club chiefs then failed to remove that clause when Defoe, 34, penned a one-year extension last summer, a month before Moyes took charge.
And the Black Cats manager admitted: “I am very surprised.

Jermain Defoe can leave Sunderland on a free transfer following their relegation to the Championship
“I would hope if I was a manager, I would not have had a contract which would have allowed somebody to leave in that situation.
“What price might we have got for Jermain if we had gone down, albeit at his age?
“There would have been a decent price on Jermain’s head and we have not got that.”
Moyes, though, does not regret not cashing in on Defoe in January, when West Ham bid £6million.
The Scot added: “The money we were offered was not enough to turn our heads.”
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland manager David Moyes reveals midfielder Jack Rodwell will be the club’s highest earner in the Championship after avoiding a 40 per cent pay cut following their relegation

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-13, 5:51 am

Well that should go down well with many, £60,000 a week is bad enough in the premier league for Rodders but in the championship"!!!

Let's Hope he becomes a major asset down there.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland manager David Moyes reveals midfielder Jack Rodwell will be the club’s highest earner in the Championship after avoiding a 40 per cent pay cut following their relegation

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-05-13, 8:58 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well that should go down well with many, £60,000 a week is bad enough in the premier league for Rodders but in the championship"!!!

Ffs Roswell....how much time left on his contract....will nobody take him off our hands...40,000 people will be willing to give him a lift
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-13, 8:59 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well that should go down well with many, £60,000 a week is bad enough in the premier league for Rodders but in the championship"!!!

Ffs Roswell....how much time left on his contract....will nobody take him off our hands...40,000 people will be willing to give him a lift
Not sure they all have cars

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-05-13, 10:18 am

my thoughts Syd, if he does not perform he will deffo get major stick from the terraces thats for sure.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-05-13, 11:10 am

barrowmackem wrote:

my thoughts Syd, if he does not perform he will deffo get major stick from the terraces thats for sure.
Of all the firkin players it had to be him, get rid we need the coin.
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-05-13, 12:00 pm

He will go 
I hope
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-13, 12:01 pm

He hasn't played well in the Premiership.

He is on Premiership wages.

So who could/would take him off our hands ?
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-05-13, 12:59 pm

Sunderland will want to peddle but will he go on reduced wages as would happen because no club will match what he is on @ Sunderland. Maybe loan could happen.
Edit omg he is on a 5 year contract  Shocked so 2 more years yet.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-13, 9:35 pm

barrowmackem wrote:

He'll just pull a season long sickie.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-13, 9:37 pm

Lets hope the new manager coming in can get the best out of him.

Oooooh is that a big Chris ITK moment? Should I have said that?
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-05-14, 12:20 am

FairPlay suggests it would be better to give him away to get him off wage bill. It would release enough for 4 good championship players!!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-14, 8:10 am

Mackemneil wrote:FairPlay suggests it would be better to give him away to get him off wage bill. It would release enough for 4 good championship players!!
We may even struggle with that

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum