SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Kipper

» Walking Fottball
Yesterday at 6:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» I know we should be the last to call anyone
Yesterday at 8:58 am by oldblackcat

» Jermain Defoe World Class Goal for Bournemouth Against Palace .
Yesterday at 8:49 am by oldblackcat

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM
Yesterday at 8:43 am by sunderpitt

» January target ?
Yesterday at 8:33 am by cretanmakem

» Quiz 75
2017-12-09, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» It's bloody cold
2017-12-09, 8:35 pm by Billy D

» The Ashes Down Under
2017-12-09, 7:43 pm by Billy D

» Predicitons Week 16
2017-12-09, 6:51 am by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cat amongst pigeons again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cat amongst pigeons again

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-12, 6:29 am

Well David seems to have ruffled some feathers again with his claim that Sunderland will be the biggest team in the championship and a team players will want to join.

I know his point and in the main agree with him, well I would wouldn't I.

Our elephant in the room of course is that old one of £££££££££££, or lack of them. I'm quite excited in the apparent plan of buying good cheap players who we think we can develop into very good players, it worked for Moyes at Everton and Southampton have made a fortune from it.Of course we also need old heads and experience and Moyes reported targeting of Jagielka is the type of old head we need.

I personally don't see it has shopping at poundland more cutting our cloth and looking for bargains, Moyes and our new scout are experts at this. Yes it comes with risk but any deal does and so far our risk at going for guaranteed class like Fletcher, Johnson and Rowel have in the main failed and being in the championship takes the pressure of having to compete, with no money and a poor CV, with other premier clubs for premier players.

I couldn't help looking up the road yesterday at that man who just about everyone accepts is a terrible employer, Mr Ashley who promised Rafa every penny ne needs, at least we wont be competing with that.

The black cloud hanging comes in names like Villa, Wolves,Fulham to name but 3, also big clubs but all with bigger budgets than us. We cant compete with ££££££££ but can we compete with reputation, TBH, I'm for from confident on that.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cat amongst pigeons again

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-12, 9:14 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well David seems to have ruffled some feathers again with his claim that Sunderland will be the biggest team in the championship and a team players will want to join.

I know his point and in the main agree with him, well I would wouldn't I.

Our elephant in the room of course is that old one of £££££££££££, or lack of them. I'm quite excited in the apparent plan of buying good cheap players who we think we can develop into very good players, it worked for Moyes at Everton and Southampton have made a fortune from it.Of course we also need old heads and experience and Moyes reported targeting of Jagielka is the type of old head we need.

I personally don't see it has shopping at poundland more cutting our cloth and looking for bargains, Moyes and our new scout are experts at this. Yes it comes with risk but any deal does and so far our risk at going for guaranteed class like Fletcher, Johnson and Rowel have in the main failed and being in the championship takes the pressure of having to compete, with no money and a poor CV, with other premier clubs for premier players.

I couldn't help looking up the road yesterday at that man who just about everyone accepts is a terrible employer, Mr Ashley who promised Rafa every penny ne needs, at least we wont be competing with that.

The black cloud hanging comes in names like Villa, Wolves,Fulham to name but 3, also big clubs but all with bigger budgets than us. We cant compete with ££££££££ but can we compete with reputation, TBH, I'm for from confident on that.

Glad he said it. Imagine the uproar if he had said "The fans have got to realise we're not a big club anymore, this is a very competitive division with a lot of clubs ahead of us in terms of strength. I see another year of struggle ahead."

Maybe he's learned his lesson.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-05-12, 9:52 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I personally don't see it has shopping at poundland more cutting our cloth and looking for bargains, 

.. that's why fowk gan tae poundland..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum