Today at 9:53 am by oxfordshire

» Jeopardy" has anyone been there
Today at 8:25 am by cyprussyd

» FOOTIE73
Today at 12:48 am by Nostalgic

» Friday
Today at 12:44 am by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of SunderMad on your social bookmarking website

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Cat amongst pigeons again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cat amongst pigeons again

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-12, 6:29 am

Well David seems to have ruffled some feathers again with his claim that Sunderland will be the biggest team in the championship and a team players will want to join.

I know his point and in the main agree with him, well I would wouldn't I.

Our elephant in the room of course is that old one of £££££££££££, or lack of them. I'm quite excited in the apparent plan of buying good cheap players who we think we can develop into very good players, it worked for Moyes at Everton and Southampton have made a fortune from it.Of course we also need old heads and experience and Moyes reported targeting of Jagielka is the type of old head we need.

I personally don't see it has shopping at poundland more cutting our cloth and looking for bargains, Moyes and our new scout are experts at this. Yes it comes with risk but any deal does and so far our risk at going for guaranteed class like Fletcher, Johnson and Rowel have in the main failed and being in the championship takes the pressure of having to compete, with no money and a poor CV, with other premier clubs for premier players.

I couldn't help looking up the road yesterday at that man who just about everyone accepts is a terrible employer, Mr Ashley who promised Rafa every penny ne needs, at least we wont be competing with that.

The black cloud hanging comes in names like Villa, Wolves,Fulham to name but 3, also big clubs but all with bigger budgets than us. We cant compete with ££££££££ but can we compete with reputation, TBH, I'm for from confident on that.

A new chapter in the championship begins  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cat amongst pigeons again

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-12, 9:14 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well David seems to have ruffled some feathers again with his claim that Sunderland will be the biggest team in the championship and a team players will want to join.

I know his point and in the main agree with him, well I would wouldn't I.

Our elephant in the room of course is that old one of £££££££££££, or lack of them. I'm quite excited in the apparent plan of buying good cheap players who we think we can develop into very good players, it worked for Moyes at Everton and Southampton have made a fortune from it.Of course we also need old heads and experience and Moyes reported targeting of Jagielka is the type of old head we need.

I personally don't see it has shopping at poundland more cutting our cloth and looking for bargains, Moyes and our new scout are experts at this. Yes it comes with risk but any deal does and so far our risk at going for guaranteed class like Fletcher, Johnson and Rowel have in the main failed and being in the championship takes the pressure of having to compete, with no money and a poor CV, with other premier clubs for premier players.

I couldn't help looking up the road yesterday at that man who just about everyone accepts is a terrible employer, Mr Ashley who promised Rafa every penny ne needs, at least we wont be competing with that.

The black cloud hanging comes in names like Villa, Wolves,Fulham to name but 3, also big clubs but all with bigger budgets than us. We cant compete with ££££££££ but can we compete with reputation, TBH, I'm for from confident on that.

Glad he said it. Imagine the uproar if he had said "The fans have got to realise we're not a big club anymore, this is a very competitive division with a lot of clubs ahead of us in terms of strength. I see another year of struggle ahead."

Maybe he's learned his lesson.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-12, 9:52 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I personally don't see it has shopping at poundland more cutting our cloth and looking for bargains, 

.. that's why fowk gan tae poundland..

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum