SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!
Yesterday at 11:37 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 4
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 3
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by cyprussyd

» Our future is rooted in our history
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bit of a blow
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 60
Yesterday at 9:16 pm by Hieronymus

» League Table Week 3
Yesterday at 8:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Jerry Lewis RIP
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by canary-dave

» Quiz 59
Yesterday at 6:31 pm by Vincemac

» Results - Midweek
Yesterday at 5:43 pm by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

Hieronymus

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The big clear out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The big clear out

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-10, 2:29 pm

Of course none of us know right now who will stay and who will go, well we know a few.

Defoe is off and Jones wants to stay but no surprises there.

Personally having accepted relegation I also expect the clear out to be done in earnest and I have no particular wish to sell or keep anyone but I know how sick I have become over the years of sitting in the stadium listening to the team news and hearing the same names. We sit and say to each other,"Yes I like the sound of that team, good bench", we say it but at the back of most minds are, "Why should I expect a win or even a good battle from the players who in the main have let us down year after year, after year".

I watch other teams, and I don't mean Man City or Chelsea I mean Bournemouth, Southampton, Everton even Boro and Hull. All seem to have players in space and options to pass the ball. All seem to find a teammate when they pass, we never do.

I have watched teams under Bruce, Di Canio, Poyet, O'Neil, Allardyce and Moyes. CB to CB to LB to CB to CB to RB to Midfield To CB then kick and hope Defoe, Fletcher, Bent or whoever the mug up front is, the poor sod we hope will save us.

One player, Kirchhoff, showed us how it could be done but sadly his injury prone body let him down.

So I hope Moyes stays and gets the back for that new team.
I hope we get two CB's who can dominate, win the ball and pass it.
I hope we get a midfielder with pace of body and mind who can pass the ball.
I hope we get a striker or even dare I say it 2 who can hold the ball and score.
I hope I see a team that show passion, desire and a wee bit of skill.

If when I sit for our first game next season and the team is read out with names like Cattermole, Larsson, Rodwell, Pienaar, Gibson and Borini not in the starting 11 or on the bench I will shed no tears.

I would be fine with Pickford, Jones, Love, Djilobodji, Oviedo, N'Dong, Mcnair, Gooch, Honeyman, Watmore, Asoro, Anichebe in there with a good selection of new players who can add experience, pace, skill and desire.

I certainly will miss the name Defoe, would have liked the name Denayer but will not for one minute miss the name Januzaj, a player that excited me when signed but continually disappointed game by game.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The big clear out

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-10, 2:37 pm

Agree with the clear out picks (have you changed your mind on a certain character?).

For those that you're happy to stay -  do you think Didj will ever become a good defender?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-10, 3:19 pm

Kipper wrote:Agree with the clear out picks (have you changed your mind on a certain character?).

For those that you're happy to stay -  do you think Didj will ever become a good defender?
No I like Catts but would lose no sleep if we sold, we just need a faster cleverer midfield and have done for years.

I like Didj and hope that a drop down and a years experience would help but again I'm more interested in the first 11 come August, just want to see real change and a proper fresh start.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-10, 5:02 pm

Ditto syd we have got to hit the ground running in August or we could be stuck in a rut.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-05-10, 5:59 pm

Big Vic not worth another deal, he is a sick note we cant carry.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-05-10, 8:36 pm

I would take a chance with Vic and Kirchoff on a pay and play contract, if a positive outcome add an option to extend and firm up later.

Jones and Oviedo will stay and would be happy at chumps level until kids come through.

Hope Gooch and Honeyman progress!

Asoro to be given a chance

But most important signings will be to create that SPINE of keeper (hopefully Pickford), a dominating and ball playing centre half, a central midfield general with vision, and a centre forward that frightens opposition
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  German Black Cat on 2017-05-11, 1:48 am

Hey Lads. First of all: Hello from a German Sunderland Supporter!

I've got some questions on your opinions on next years squad...How much money will be available for recruitment? Is it completely depending on the income we get for Pickford/Ndong/Khazri/Borini?

I'm really looking forward to see more of the youngsters next seasons. My hopes are, that players like Love, McNair, Honeyman, Gooch, Watmore, Asoro and Maya (or perhaps even Talbot, Casey, Baedling, Robson, Molyneux ?) can perform in a formidable fashion on the Championship level.

But despite all that, I think we need some Players who know this league. I'm thinking of one or thwo centre halfs, but especially of a real striker who can provide 20+ goals. I mean, we get Danny Graham back, but even the thought of him falling around next season makes me vomit No .  I'm a big fan of Assambalonga from Nottingham Forrest, do you think we can attract him? If not, what alternatives would come to your mind? (Tammy Abraham on loan, Conor Washington, Kyle Lafferty, Sam Baldock, Chris Martin)
German Black Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-11, 7:51 am

German Black Cat wrote:Hey Lads. First of all: Hello from a German Sunderland Supporter!

I've got some questions on your opinions on next years squad...How much money will be available for recruitment? Is it completely depending on the income we get for Pickford/Ndong/Khazri/Borini?

I'm really looking forward to see more of the youngsters next seasons. My hopes are, that players like Love, McNair, Honeyman, Gooch, Watmore, Asoro and Maya (or perhaps even Talbot, Casey, Baedling, Robson, Molyneux ?) can perform in a formidable fashion on the Championship level.

But despite all that, I think we need some Players who know this league. I'm thinking of one or thwo centre halfs, but especially of a real striker who can provide 20+ goals. I mean, we get Danny Graham back, but even the thought of him falling around next season makes me vomit No .  I'm a big fan of Assambalonga from Nottingham Forrest, do you think we can attract him? If not, what alternatives would come to your mind? (Tammy Abraham on loan, Conor Washington, Kyle Lafferty, Sam Baldock, Chris Martin)
Welcome and the highlighted question is probably number one on all SAFC fans minds, only Short knows the answer.

I am with you, relegation is now old news and I am looking forward to the future.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-05-11, 9:29 am

German Black Cat wrote:Hey Lads. First of all: Hello from a German Sunderland Supporter!

Welcome 
I think we will attract player who will want to play for us
However will these players cut the mustard.
We have now become a team the players will want play for to improve there carear 
They will want to move up and expect us to challenge for the championship promotion.
It's up to us now to select the correct players.
We will not be buying big name stars.
I feel with the players you have mentioned and some good additions........???????
Together with one or two experienced players we will be fine .
We must start the rebuild imediately the window opens.
Infact I think Moyes has been preparing for the championship for months 
Let's hope so
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-11, 9:51 am

Welcome German Black Cat, nice to see a new poster.

I agree with Vince's points especially that, despite our relegation, now we are in the Championship we will be a 'big' team. One players will want to come to, and play for, if nothing else for our facilities and fantastic supporters, and for the chance to be noticed. So we may have a slight advantage over other clubs. But the crucial one for me is selecting the right players.

I am not a great Moyes fan but it sounds like he is staying so this summer is probably the most important in his life if he wants to continue his managerial career. Fail, buy duds, and he will be gone by October and lucky to ever get another job, while we will be right back where we were 10 years ago. Succeed, have us challenging for promotion with an exciting young team, attracting big crowds again, his reputation will be secured, and no one will be happier than me. Very Happy

Last edited by Hieronymus on 2017-05-11, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-05-11, 1:20 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Welcome German Black Cat, nice to see a new poster.

I agree with Vince's points especially that, despite our relegation, now we are in the Championship we will be a 'big' team. One players will want to come to, and play for, if nothing else for our facilities and fantastic supporters, and for the chance to be noticed. So we may have a slight advantage over other clubs. But the crucial one for me is selecting the right players.

I am not a great Moyes fan but it sounds like he is staying so this summer is probably the most important in his life if he wants to continue his managerial career. Fail, buy duds, and he will be gone by October and lucky to ever get another job, while we will be right back where we were 10 years ago. Succeed, have us challenging for promotion with an exciting young team, attracting big crowds again, his reputation will be secured, and no one will be happier than me. Very Happy
Yes I agree
If we do go up we need to invest big style to stay up  and continue to invest to have any chance of being a top half team 
Which is what we should be striving for
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-05-11, 2:15 pm

Bodji is shite.
I've seen better down the local football field on a Sunday morning.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-11, 2:15 pm

He may be quite good in the fizzy pop !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-11, 5:17 pm

silvers wrote:He may be quite good in the fizzy pop !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well having watched him in the flesh he is, IMO, far from shite. He seems to have a problem with concentration but I have seen some very good, and some not so good performances off him. All about opinions and in the end it's Moysies that counts.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-11, 8:56 pm

Bodji's unimpressive games seemed to happen when he was paired with Kone and looking back on Kone's efforts maybe Bodji suffered by proxy.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum