Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

Latest topics
» Just my take
Today at 7:55 am by cyprussyd

» Word association thread--SAFC
Today at 7:40 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 7:20 am by cretanmakem

» Time for a head count
Yesterday at 10:15 pm by Vincemac

» Am I this bored ?
Yesterday at 7:51 pm by Spuggy

» No crisis say Short and Baine following meeting
Yesterday at 6:45 pm by cyprussyd

» Fear not, salvation is near
Yesterday at 6:05 pm by Vincemac

» Possible new striker
Yesterday at 5:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 51
Yesterday at 5:26 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 52
Yesterday at 5:04 pm by MrRAWhite

Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  silvers on 2017-05-08, 4:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SUNDERLAND have brought in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return.
The Black Cats are restructuring their recruitment department having earmarked that area as one of the main reasons behind their relegation.
And super scout Mackenzie has been employed in a consultancy capacity to advise on the players to pick in what is a critical transfer window for the club.
Mackenzie, 31, was Leicester’s head of technical scouting for four years.
He helped assemble the squad which went on to lift the title last term, playing a key role in the bargain £350,000 signing of Riyad Mahrez from Le Havre in particular.
Mackenzie left the King Power to become head of player identification at Tottenham in 2015.
He was then reunited with ex-Foxes boss Nigel Pearson at Derby as their director of recruitment at the start of this season.
But Mackenzie is now at the Stadium of Light where he is working under chief football officer Simon Wilson, who was poached from Manchester City before Christmas.
David Moyes has demanded a completely new side is signed for Sunderland's Championship campaign if they want him to stay on as boss.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14248
Join date : 2012-08-02
Age : 70
Location : Whickham

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 4:22 pm

Very good,I like the sound of that

________________________________________________________
            I could have supported Newcastle and be deluded. Instead I chose Sunderland and became depressed.
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 40653
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 68
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-08, 6:40 pm

Why has he left Spurs already then? 3 clubs in 3 seasons doesnt bode well imo.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4492
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-08, 6:43 pm

silvers wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SUNDERLAND have brought in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return.
The Black Cats are restructuring their recruitment department having earmarked that area as one of the main reasons behind their relegation.
And super scout Mackenzie has been employed in a consultancy capacity to advise on the players to pick in what is a critical transfer window for the club.
Mackenzie, 31, was Leicester’s head of technical scouting for four years.
He helped assemble the squad which went on to lift the title last term, playing a key role in the bargain £350,000 signing of Riyad Mahrez from Le Havre in particular.
Mackenzie left the King Power to become head of player identification at Tottenham in 2015.
He was then reunited with ex-Foxes boss Nigel Pearson at Derby as their director of recruitment at the start of this season.
But Mackenzie is now at the Stadium of Light where he is working under chief football officer Simon Wilson, who was poached from Manchester City before Christmas.
David Moyes has demanded a completely new side is signed for Sunderland's Championship campaign if they want him to stay on as boss.
Is that knowing ES wont give him that and he's sent packing with a pay off?
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4492
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 7:17 pm

gil t azell wrote:Why has he left Spurs already then? 3 clubs in 3 seasons doesnt bode well imo.
Mackenzie, 31, was Leicester’s head of technical scouting for four years.
He helped assemble the squad which went on to lift the title last term



Mackenzie left the King Power to become head of player identification at Tottenham in 2015



He was then reunited with ex-Foxes boss Nigel Pearson at Derby as their director of recruitment at the start of this season.



Seems straight forward to me

________________________________________________________
            I could have supported Newcastle and be deluded. Instead I chose Sunderland and became depressed.
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 40653
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 68
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-08, 9:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Why has he left Spurs already then? 3 clubs in 3 seasons doesnt bode well imo.
Mackenzie, 31, was Leicester’s head of technical scouting for four years.
He helped assemble the squad which went on to lift the title last term



Mackenzie left the King Power to become head of player identification at Tottenham in 2015



He was then reunited with ex-Foxes boss Nigel Pearson at Derby as their director of recruitment at the start of this season.



Seems straight forward to me
It is but why would you leave the champions? Cannot imagine Levy offering more money. Then he's left Derby. Bit strange to me. It does sound like we actually have a plan tho so all positive.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4492
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-08, 9:28 pm

With Gil on this one something doesn't sound right here and, if he is a top scout why is he coming to us? I can think of at least 14 PL teams that would use his services.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2758
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 9:38 pm

Well after so much dab news I will look at the good news, don't need to go looking for bad.

Why did he leave Spurs, to join his mate Pearson at Derby.

Why come to us, because we asked him and other clubs have not.

________________________________________________________
            I could have supported Newcastle and be deluded. Instead I chose Sunderland and became depressed.
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 40653
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 68
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-09, 3:36 am

A Sky Sports series on the changing face of scouting by Rob Mackenzie. https://t.co/E1K7BBsu4N [ltr]#SAFC[/ltr]


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


The Changing Face of Scouting: Rob Mackenzie’s full series of articles
Rob Mackenzie was part of the scouting team at Leicester City that brought the likes of Riyad Mahrez to the King Power Stadium, before moving to Tottenham and…
SKYSPORTS.COM

________________________________________________________
            I could have supported Newcastle and be deluded. Instead I chose Sunderland and became depressed.
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 40653
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 68
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-09, 7:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well after so much dab news I will look at the good news, don't need to go looking for bad.

Why did he leave Spurs, to join his mate Pearson at Derby.

Why come to us, because we asked him and other clubs have not.  like
We're definitely short on a few ideas when it comes to picking players, so with us not being in a position to tell him how it's done as at a top club, maybe he's looking for the challenge?

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                         [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
                                
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9181
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 99
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  Billy D on 2017-05-09, 7:51 am

I agree with Gil & Talc.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2551
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-05-09, 7:54 am

talcnturnip wrote:With Gil on this one something doesn't sound right here and, if he is a top scout why is he coming to us? I can think of at least 14 PL teams that would use his services.
my train of thought to!!! cant be money as we now cant compete with PL teams. So why has he come to us?  Interesting  headache

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
avatar
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2217
Join date : 2014-09-29
Age : 59
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  The Yakker on 2017-05-09, 8:46 pm

Billy D wrote:I agree with Gil & Talc.
I agree with them two and him summit not right me finks
avatar
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 230
Join date : 2013-07-16
Age : 57
Location : Co Durham

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum