SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V LEEDS- Matchday Thread
Today at 8:31 am by gil t azell

» League Table - Midweek
Today at 7:41 am by Jerry the Jinx

» Results - Midweek
Today at 7:39 am by Jerry the Jinx

»  ‘Click & Collect’
Today at 12:42 am by Nostalgic

» Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP
Today at 12:40 am by Nostalgic

» Predictions Week 3
Yesterday at 8:23 pm by oldblackcat

» McCormack
Yesterday at 8:22 pm by Vincemac

» Friends, Mackems and Sunderpitt
Yesterday at 8:20 pm by Vincemac

» Simon Grayson is hoping that he can keep his central midfield partnership together
Yesterday at 8:07 pm by cyprussyd

» More terror attacks
Yesterday at 6:36 pm by canary-dave

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

gil t azell

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  silvers on Mon May 08, 2017 4:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SUNDERLAND have brought in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return.
The Black Cats are restructuring their recruitment department having earmarked that area as one of the main reasons behind their relegation.
And super scout Mackenzie has been employed in a consultancy capacity to advise on the players to pick in what is a critical transfer window for the club.
Mackenzie, 31, was Leicester’s head of technical scouting for four years.
He helped assemble the squad which went on to lift the title last term, playing a key role in the bargain £350,000 signing of Riyad Mahrez from Le Havre in particular.
Mackenzie left the King Power to become head of player identification at Tottenham in 2015.
He was then reunited with ex-Foxes boss Nigel Pearson at Derby as their director of recruitment at the start of this season.
But Mackenzie is now at the Stadium of Light where he is working under chief football officer Simon Wilson, who was poached from Manchester City before Christmas.
David Moyes has demanded a completely new side is signed for Sunderland's Championship campaign if they want him to stay on as boss.
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  cyprussyd on Mon May 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Very good,I like the sound of that

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland bring in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return

Post  gil t azell on Mon May 08, 2017 6:40 pm

Why has he left Spurs already then? 3 clubs in 3 seasons doesnt bode well imo.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Mon May 08, 2017 6:43 pm

silvers wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SUNDERLAND have brought in top talent-spotter Rob Mackenzie to help plot their Premier League return.
The Black Cats are restructuring their recruitment department having earmarked that area as one of the main reasons behind their relegation.
And super scout Mackenzie has been employed in a consultancy capacity to advise on the players to pick in what is a critical transfer window for the club.
He helped assemble the squad which went on to lift the title last term, playing a key role in the bargain £350,000 signing of Riyad Mahrez from Le Havre in particular.
Mackenzie left the King Power to become head of player identification at Tottenham in 2015.
He was then reunited with ex-Foxes boss Nigel Pearson at Derby as their director of recruitment at the start of this season.
But Mackenzie is now at the Stadium of Light where he is working under chief football officer Simon Wilson, who was poached from Manchester City before Christmas.
David Moyes has demanded a completely new side is signed for Sunderland's Championship campaign if they want him to stay on as boss.
Is that knowing ES wont give him that and he's sent packing with a pay off?
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon May 08, 2017 7:17 pm

gil t azell wrote:Why has he left Spurs already then? 3 clubs in 3 seasons doesnt bode well imo.
He helped assemble the squad which went on to lift the title last term

Mackenzie left the King Power to become head of player identification at Tottenham in 2015

Seems straight forward to me

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Mon May 08, 2017 9:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Why has he left Spurs already then? 3 clubs in 3 seasons doesnt bode well imo.
He helped assemble the squad which went on to lift the title last term

Mackenzie left the King Power to become head of player identification at Tottenham in 2015

Seems straight forward to me
It is but why would you leave the champions? Cannot imagine Levy offering more money. Then he's left Derby. Bit strange to me. It does sound like we actually have a plan tho so all positive.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on Mon May 08, 2017 9:28 pm

With Gil on this one something doesn't sound right here and, if he is a top scout why is he coming to us? I can think of at least 14 PL teams that would use his services.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon May 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Well after so much dab news I will look at the good news, don't need to go looking for bad.

Why did he leave Spurs, to join his mate Pearson at Derby.

Why come to us, because we asked him and other clubs have not.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue May 09, 2017 3:36 am

A Sky Sports series on the changing face of scouting by Rob Mackenzie. https://t.co/E1K7BBsu4N [ltr]#SAFC[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Changing Face of Scouting: Rob Mackenzie’s full series of articles
Rob Mackenzie was part of the scouting team at Leicester City that brought the likes of Riyad Mahrez to the King Power Stadium, before moving to Tottenham and…
SKYSPORTS.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Tue May 09, 2017 7:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well after so much dab news I will look at the good news, don't need to go looking for bad.

Why did he leave Spurs, to join his mate Pearson at Derby.

Why come to us, because we asked him and other clubs have not.  like
We're definitely short on a few ideas when it comes to picking players, so with us not being in a position to tell him how it's done as at a top club, maybe he's looking for the challenge?

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Tue May 09, 2017 7:51 am

I agree with Gil & Talc.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 am

talcnturnip wrote:With Gil on this one something doesn't sound right here and, if he is a top scout why is he coming to us? I can think of at least 14 PL teams that would use his services.
my train of thought to!!! cant be money as we now cant compete with PL teams. So why has he come to us?  Interesting  headache

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on Tue May 09, 2017 8:46 pm

Billy D wrote:I agree with Gil & Talc.
I agree with them two and him summit not right me finks
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum