SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

Latest topics
» Can you help please?
Today at 9:29 am by canary-dave

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 9:02 am by cretanmakem

» 2 weeks today
Today at 8:19 am by cyprussyd

» Bradford City v Sunderland
Today at 7:56 am by cyprussyd

» Daryl Murphy
Today at 7:24 am by Roker roar

» When people ask me why, this is why
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 55
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by MrRAWhite

» Sunderland v Celtic
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by cyprussyd

» Proud dad
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by Billy D

» New keeper search
Yesterday at 7:11 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Is it now time, IMO, Yes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it now time, IMO, Yes

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-05, 12:42 pm

We are still a club in turmoil, just been relegated, a manager many don't want, many of the squad leaving through loanees returning home, players out of contract and a few to move on and  owner who wants out.

However the turmoil is a little less today,

Relegation is accepted
The manager is staying

So IMO it's time to come together, Club, manager, players staying and fans.

THE CLUB
Despite owner, manager or players the club has been longer than any of them or indeed longer than today's fan's. We can help it turn a problem into a crisis or we can help solve the problem.

THE OWNER
He want out, he cant find a buyer so we are stuck with him and hime with us, I accept that because any other option, complain, protest, stay away will not find a buyer and will do nothing to change things. Only I will suffer through missing out an a day out I still enjoy.

THE MANAGER
He is staying, he is experienced, he has a plan,lets back him until results next season tell us we should not.

THE FANS
Blameless in any of the turmoil, loyal regardless of whether they attend all games, a few games or no games. Many want to walk away but it's in the blood so can't.
Cheer the team on in the remaining games with a thank you to a few, Defoe and Pickford and a we wont miss you to others.
Then its, transfer threads, who is going and who is coming. Pre season and kick off and it starts all over but with some wins this time.
KTF & FTM

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it now time, IMO, Yes

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-05, 1:24 pm

Well said.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-05, 10:39 pm

1958 all over again as I have previously said.  Alan Brown said he would remain at Sunderland until he got them promoted.  He was given a torrid time even though we got close to promotion for three seasons before we actually did it.  He resigned the week after doing it in 1964 and left us in good shape with a young team that was dismantled by the next manager and we went back onto the merry-go-round.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-05, 10:52 pm

Nostalgic wrote:1958 all over again as I have previously said.  Alan Brown said he would remain at Sunderland until he got them promoted.  He was given a torrid time even though we got close to promotion for three seasons before we actually did it.  He resigned the week after doing it in 1964 and left us in good shape with a young team that was dismantled by the next manager and we went back onto the merry-go-round.
And we have stayed on that merry go round for over 50 years. No wonder some of us are feeling sick and want to get off Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-06, 2:50 am

cyprussyd wrote:
THE FANS
Blameless in any of the turmoil, loyal regardless of whether they attend all games, a few games or no games. Many want to walk away but it's in the blood so can't.
Cheer the team on in the remaining games with a thank you to a few, Defoe and Pickford and a we wont miss you to others.
Then its, transfer threads, who is going and who is coming. Pre season and kick off and it starts all over but with some wins this time.
KTF & FTM
Well said Syd.

Could anyone blame Defoe for being sick & tired of it and not needing the shit in his life or a yougin torn into leaving his dream club  rather than being tainted with the unprofessional label of his teammates whilst he endeavors to improve.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-05-06, 9:40 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:1958 all over again as I have previously said.  Alan Brown said he would remain at Sunderland until he got them promoted.  He was given a torrid time even though we got close to promotion for three seasons before we actually did it.  He resigned the week after doing it in 1964 and left us in good shape with a young team that was dismantled by the next manager and we went back onto the merry-go-round.
And we have stayed on that merry go round for over 50 years. No wonder some of us are feeling sick and want to get off Laughing
which one are you H [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-06, 11:44 am

barrowmackem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
which one are you H [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aargh! I would be sick as a dog! pale pale pale
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-06, 11:48 am

Nostalgic wrote:1958 all over again as I have previously said.  Alan Brown said he would remain at Sunderland until he got them promoted.  He was given a torrid time even though we got close to promotion for three seasons before we actually did it. 

I thought exactly the same way back in August.

I do hope for some comfortable consolidation next season.
We don't want the anxiety of being a bottom six fizzy pop club...
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-06, 11:59 am

silvers wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:1958 all over again as I have previously said.  Alan Brown said he would remain at Sunderland until he got them promoted.  He was given a torrid time even though we got close to promotion for three seasons before we actually did it. 

I thought exactly the same way back in August.

I do hope for some comfortable consolidation next season.
We don't want the anxiety of being a bottom six fizzy pop club...
Gawd as if I was not feeling depressed enough what with SAFC and election results! Waaahhhhh! Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-06, 12:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-06, 12:14 pm

Could we not get Dianne Abbot to do the score board next season we will win every game 40000-1 or would it be 3-1

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum