Today at 9:53 am by oxfordshire

» Jeopardy" has anyone been there
Today at 8:25 am by cyprussyd

» FOOTIE73
Today at 12:48 am by Nostalgic

» Friday
Today at 12:44 am by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of SunderMad on your social bookmarking website

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Moyes staying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moyes staying

Post  cyprussyd on Fri May 05, 2017 11:22 am

David Moyes: I WILL be Sunderland manager next season

Ellis Short wants me to stay David Moyes 

ROSS GREGORY Email 10:47Friday 05 May 2017 

David Moyes has confirmed he WILL remain as Sunderland manager next season after talks with Ellis Short. The Scot met with the Black Cats owner and chief executive Martin Bain in the aftermath of the club's relegation from the Premier League last weekend. “Ellis and the board want me to stay,” he said after being asked if there had been a decision on his future. “I don’t know what you mean by ‘decision’. I’ve got a four-year contract so I don’t know what you’re talking about ‘a decision’.” Asked if he would remain in charge next season, Moyes replied: “Yes. We have to find a way to get things correct and we’ll see what we can do. "I think if you talked about the club and not about David Moyes then right from the start we did say there is a rebuilding job to be done.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A new chapter in the championship begins  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Moyes staying

Post  The Yakker on Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am

Thats put a downer on my day
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri May 05, 2017 11:47 am

I'm quite happy about it, for me he deserves a fair chance and a clean slate so I watch with interest to what the summer brings.

A new chapter in the championship begins  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Fri May 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Good. Don't want to wait for half the summer waiting for someone to join and then putting in yet another new plan and leve us all wondering whether they'll be any good. Moyes has a head start and knows what he's got to work with. Plan A rebuild continues.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 06, 2017 10:17 am

David Moyes facing cash crisis at Sunderland as Championship rebuild is severely hampered by finances

Moyes' future is still far from certain to stay on despite a "very good" opening round of talks with owner Ellis Short

BYSIMON BIRD

• 22:30, 5 MAY 2017
  • UPDATED22:56, 5 MAY 2017

SPORT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Black Cats boss David Moyes 

David Moyes is facing a shocking financial situation at Sunderland that could determine his future.
The Sunderland boss is still far from certain to stay on despite a "very good" opening round of talks with owner Ellis Short.

The cash crisis facing the club has been laid bare – and it will hamper Moyes’ wish to to rebuild for promotion in the Championship.
It emerged today that Sunderland are £137m in debt, £68m of bank loans and £69m to Short.
They are paying £7m a year in interest payments, and had a £83m wage bill according to accounts to July 31, 2016.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Moyes shows his dejection (Photo: Action Images via Reuters)

Sunderland fans react to relegation (Photo: PA Wire)

The Black Cats will start next season in the second-tier (Photo: Reuters)
It was aso revealed the club gave former MD Margaret Byrne, who departed after the Adam Johnson scandal, an £850,000 pay off.
Unless Short pumps more of his cash, bouncing back at the first attempt will be difficult and Moyes knows that.
He has suffered chants asking for him to quit, but says Short and MD Martin Bain want him to stay in charge.

Moyes hinted that he could stay on but said: “I'll know more come the end of the season, once we see exactly what we're able to deal with, what we can work with, then we'll know exactly what we can do.

Sunderland chief Ellis Short (Photo: Getty)

“All I have done is go in and talk about some of the things that have gone on in the past and how we look to address it in the present. We have not nailed down everything because we have only had an initial conversation.
“I want to be able to have a team which would come straight back up. When we get to the end we will have another conversation.
Moyes has been criticised for admitting last August the club was in a relegation fight.
He explained: “When I look back on it I was very honest, forthright, told people what I thought.

Pickford has attracted interest from Premier League clubs (Photo: PA Wire)

Defoe looks set to stay in the Premier League (Photo: Getty)
"I came to a part of the country where, I was led to believe, that was the way people wanted speaking to. I told them exactly.
"We'd been in a relegation battle the four previous seasons. You want managers to tell the truth and I do."

Sunderland have ten out of contract players and three loans with future in doubt.
Moyes added: "We can only lose the ones who are out of contract. Jordan Pickford is in contract so there's nothing to say we'll lose Jordan.”
Star man Jermain Defoe has a clause saying he can leave on a free because they are relegated.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum