SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 3:52 am by canary-dave

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

» word is
Yesterday at 6:51 pm by talcnturnip

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 6:18 pm by Silvers

» Tina anybody?
Yesterday at 2:16 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Yesterday at 1:49 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Yesterday at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Yesterday at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

JORDAN PICKFORD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JORDAN PICKFORD

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-05, 10:25 am

Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford set for £17m transfer deal to Everton
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WAVING GOODBYE: Jordan Pickford is set to leave Sunderland this summer - with Everton leading the chase for his services
5 hrs ago / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Chief Sports Writer / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JORDAN PICKFORD is set to lead the summer exodus out of Sunderland, with Everton increasingly confident of tying up a £17m deal for the in-demand goalkeeper.
Pickford is one of the few saleable assets in the Sunderland squad that will crash into the Championship later this month, and the club will look to cash in to help address the financial shortfall that will accompany their demotion

The 23-year-old does not particularly want to leave [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], having been born in Washington and spent the whole of his career on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’ books.
However, he has grudgingly accepted he will have to move on in order to further his career and enhance his prospects on the international stage. Having been promoted to England’s senior squad this season, Pickford will have a good chance of making the squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia provided he continues at his current rate of progress.

His availability is hardly a surprise, and a number of clubs have been monitoring him closely in the last few months as they ponder a potential summer move.
Manchester City and Liverpool have both been weighing up Pickford’s capabilities, but it is Everton who are currently at the front of queue and expected to win the race for the youngster.
Everton boss Ronald Koeman is desperate to sign a new goalkeeper this summer, having relied on Joel Robles and Maarten Stekelenburg during the current campaign. Stekelenburg was dropped after a series of shaky displays in the first half of the season, while Robles’ limitations have been exposed on a number of occasions in recent weeks.
Koeman wants a new number one when the transfer window reopens, and has identified Pickford as his preferred option.

He is set to launch a formal approach once the season is at an end, and is confident of securing a deal for around £17m. Sunderland will be hoping to secure at least £20m for Pickford’s services, but will be mindful that their negotiating position has been weakened by their relegation.
Everton are aware they will face competition for Pickford, who has rapidly earned a reputation as the most exciting young goalkeeper in the country, but are willing to more than treble his current wages on Wearside in order to lure him to Goodison Park.

Pickford will be back between the sticks when Sunderland travel to Hull City tomorrow, and will make what is almost certain to be his final appearance for the Black Cats when they head to Chelsea on the final day of the season.
The game at Stamford Bridge will also mark Jermain Defoe’s final outing as a Sunderland player, with the striker certain to leave this summer because of a relegation clause in his contract.
Sunderland officials are powerless to prevent Defoe heading elsewhere, with Bournemouth and West Ham set to tussle for his talents.
Bournemouth came close to making a move for Defoe in January, and Eddie Howe is keen to add the 34-year-old’s experience to his developing side. West Ham are set for a radical summer overhaul that could see them add up to three new strikers, regardless of whether Slaven Bilic retains his current position as manager.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]
“Now is not the time to talk about transfers,” said the West Ham boss. “We are talking about them with the scouts and the board. It is time to talk about Tottenham.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: JORDAN PICKFORD

Post  Silvers on 2017-05-05, 11:22 am

..so it begins...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-05, 12:32 pm

£17m is a bargain.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-06, 2:58 am

Kipper wrote:£17m is a bargain.
Opening offer if true so by the time genuine bids come in they'll be in the low 20's.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-06, 2:58 am

Kipper wrote:£17m is a bargain.
Opening offer if true so by the time genuine bids come in they'll be in the low 20's.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-05-06, 9:22 am

I imagine there will be a mini auction..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-06, 9:57 am

silvers wrote:I imagine there will be a mini auction..
Come on Silvers, it's premier footballers we are talking about here, doubt it will be a mini

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-08, 1:50 am

cyprussyd wrote:
silvers wrote:I imagine there will be a mini auction..
Come on Silvers, it's premier footballers we are talking about here, doubt it will be a mini
Tick tock & counting.....

"Arsenal, Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and West Ham are keeping a close eye on Sunderland's 23-year-old English goalkeeper Jordan Pickford and he could go for around £25m. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 7:43 am

My guess, Arsenal seems the best place for Picks to take over the number 1 spot in a years time so he signs then comes back to us for a season.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-05-08, 7:46 am

cyprussyd wrote:My guess, Arsenal seems the best place for Picks to take over the number 1 spot in a years time so he signs then comes back to us for a season.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 8:00 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:My guess, Arsenal seems the best place for Picks to take over the number 1 spot in a years time so he signs then comes back to us for a season.

Everton a step up from us but he can go higher.
Man U and Man City could see him warming the bench
Liverpool, full of scousers so Arsenal it is son.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 8:21 am

David Moyes has warned Jordan Pickford that he will put his development at risk if he leaves Sunderland for a bench role in the Premier League.
The goalkeeper has been one of the few shining lights in a desperately disappointing campaign for Sunderland, who will play in the Sky Bet Championship next season following relegation from the top flight.
A host of Premier League clubs have already been reportedly linked with summer moves for Pickford, but Moyes insists Sunderland will not be forced into selling the 23-year-old.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-08, 8:32 am

cyprussyd wrote:David Moyes has warned Jordan Pickford that he will put his development at risk if he leaves Sunderland for a bench role in the Premier League.
The goalkeeper has been one of the few shining lights in a desperately disappointing campaign for Sunderland, who will play in the Sky Bet Championship next season following relegation from the top flight.
A host of Premier League clubs have already been reportedly linked with summer moves for Pickford, but Moyes insists Sunderland will not be forced into selling the 23-year-old.
like  Hope so  Laughing

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 10:35 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-08, 10:38 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:David Moyes has warned Jordan Pickford that he will put his development at risk if he leaves Sunderland for a bench role in the Premier League.
like  Hope so  Laughing
I agree with David Moyes on this and, as Pickford does not want to leave, maybe if he feels we are being ambitious (i.e, Moyes gets say £40m to spend in summer - I know a big call!) he will say he wants to stay and aim for promotion at the first attempt? That will make him even more of a hero to Sunderland supportes, and will be great for his own professional development. Feeling a bit more cheerful now! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-08, 10:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stop it! Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-08, 10:50 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
like  Hope so  Laughing
I agree with David Moyes on this and, as Pickford does not want to leave, maybe if he feels we are being ambitious (i.e, Moyes gets say £40m to spend in summer - I know a big call!) he will say he wants to stay and aim for promotion at the first attempt? That will make him even more of a hero to Sunderland supportes, and will be great for his own professional development. Feeling a bit more cheerful now! Very Happy

Well we can hope. On the other hand, Jordan may ask himself where his best interests are served for being taken to the World Cup. Playing every week is the first requirement. If he  can do that for a Premiership team - I wouldn't blame him. Love him to stay though.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 12:32 pm

Sunderland will be looking for more than £30 million this summer for their goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, who is wanted by Everton. Pickford, the England Under-21 player, excelled in Saturday’s 2-0...
THETIMES.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-08, 8:30 pm

It would maybe do Pickford good to talk to Riodwell about being a bench warmer at ManC since iut did his career the world of good.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 9:39 pm

Nostalgic wrote:It would maybe do Pickford good to talk to Riodwell about being a bench warmer at ManC since iut did his career the world of good.
Or get a visitors order and ask Johnson.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-08, 9:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:It would maybe do Pickford good to talk to Riodwell about being a bench warmer at ManC since iut did his career the world of good.
Who's he?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-08, 9:54 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Who's he?
prisoner 3475

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-09, 2:39 am

Sunderland will wait for an offer of £30m for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, 23, and will use the money from the sale to fund a promotion push after being relegated from the Premier League.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-09, 6:00 am

Am I the only one who thinks we will get nowhere near that for the lad?yes he is very good and young enough to be at the top for a good 10 years but, just can't see teams paying that and being able to give him his game every week and, that is what he will look at IMO to further his career and not his bank balance.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-05-09, 8:00 am

talcnturnip wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we will get nowhere near that for the lad?yes he is very good and young enough to be at the top for a good 10 years but, just can't see teams paying that and being able to give him his game every week and, that is what he will look at IMO to further his career and not his bank balance.
Talc it tells teams we wont be selling cheap so dont bother trying to put a low offer in. Dont offer somewhere our valuation bog off we will keep him! We dont have to sell this season and dont think Pickford would be crying in his milk stopping either.
Pickford my well give it one more season to see if we get up. All down to our glorious owner i suppose.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum