Yesterday at 8:20 am by cyprussyd

» Well the deal is done.
2017-06-26, 10:18 pm by silvers

» wHAT IS THE sUNDERLAND CONNECTION ?
2017-06-26, 10:57 am by The Yakker

» No crisis say Short and Baine following meeting
2017-06-26, 10:08 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cattermole

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cattermole

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-04, 9:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cattermole

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-05-04, 9:55 pm

Very refreshing to hear his very positive attitude and thoughts on the future.

Got to keep him fit and he will be a great example to some of the young lads.
I wonder how many of our squad feel as positive as he does?
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-04, 9:57 pm

Catts isnt the best in the world but I think he is just what we need for the championship and its good to hear summit positive coming from the SoL for a change.

Last edited by gil t azell on 2017-05-07, 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-05, 12:37 pm

Over the years, I've found it best to see what players do on the pitch rather than what they say in interviews. It's so easy to say the right things. Not enough talent their for me - get rid. I can see that he might be suited to the championship but he's been a big part of our depressing failure for too long.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-05, 4:28 pm

Now has become one of our many sick notes...

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-05-05, 6:29 pm

Not writing Catts off injury wise just yet,deffo worth keeping for next season a great leader and we have missed those qualities this season.
We cant get ride of everybody!!!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-05, 6:45 pm

barrowmackem wrote:Not writing Catts off injury wise just yet,deffo worth keeping for next season a great leader and we have missed those qualities this season.
I watch Catts when he is playing and he never stops shouting, organising and driving forward. He can also pass a ball.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-05, 7:19 pm

certainly for 60 minutes or so...

Cool

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-05, 7:23 pm

Catts is a gonner for me agree with syd that when he is there he does get people moving but, he isn't there that often these days and, we cannot afford to carry players, out for approx 3 seasons out of 7 just not good enough. He was always getting booked in PL the fizzy pop will be worse for him, that is if he actually gets game time.
For me it has to be a total clear out ( been saying that for the last 5 years mind) so no bleary eyed blind loyalty to old players lets just get rid and start afresh, not just a pop at Catts but, the whole team.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-05, 10:32 pm

Maybe not the most gifted of players but certainly a keeper for me. All teams need a continuity player like him to do hos job to clear the way for the more gifted ones.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-06, 1:27 am

cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:Not writing Catts off injury wise just yet,deffo worth keeping for next season a great leader and we have missed those qualities this season.
I watch Catts when he is playing and he never stops shouting, organising and driving forward. He can also pass a ball.

He can pass a ball! are you serious?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-06, 2:45 am

Nostalgic wrote:Maybe not the most gifted of players but certainly a keeper for me. All teams need a continuity player like him to do hos job to clear the way for the more gifted ones.
The only continuity he provides is that those whom threaten his authority are shown the error of their ways!

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

He can pass a ball! are you serious?  like
More of the same will ensure our relegation. He's a headcase that's no longer needed if we want to seek consolidation/promotion.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-06, 9:55 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

very

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-06, 11:40 am

[quote="cyprussyd"]
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

very[/quotre]

I'm not anal enough to bring up his stats but he really can't. He can barge players off the ball and that's it. M'Villa showed up how inadequate Cattermole was.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-06, 11:54 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

very[/quotre]

I'm not anal enough to bring up his stats but he really can't. He can barge players off the ball and that's it. M'Villa showed up how inadequate Cattermole was.
Not into stats but I have watched him in every home game he has played and seen him make some cracking passes. That how I judge, not on stats of popular image but in what I see. Catts is certainly not the greatest footballer but he is one I would rather have with me than against me.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-06, 12:08 pm

In August he will have been here 8 years.

He has made 140 appearances... that's an average of less than 20 appearances  per season...

Possibly not value for money in the clubs's precarious financial plight..

Perhaps Stoke will resurrect their interest...

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-06, 2:17 pm

Garry Bennett on radio Newcastle build a team round Cattermole and we will do OK

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-06, 4:07 pm

Hmm, But 20 games a season?

What happens other 26 games ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-06, 5:32 pm

Gary Bennett is not a manager he sees what some on here also see a player who has apparently stuck by us forgetting his lack of game time through either injury or suspension and the fact he is getting paid for doing sod all except talk a good game.
He is part of the problem and not part of the solution, we are in this situation because we like to stick by players, show a bit of loyalty to players, the same players who would not think twice about abandoning ship now it is sinking or should that be sunk?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-06, 5:51 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Gary Bennett is not a manager he sees what some on here also see a player who has apparently stuck by us forgetting his lack of game time through either injury or suspension and the fact he is getting paid for doing sod all except talk a good game.
He is part of the problem and not part of the solution, we are in this situation because we like to stick by players, show a bit of loyalty to players, the same players who would not think twice about abandoning ship now it is sinking or should that be sunk?
He Was however a premier footballer
He always put's a shift in
I had not heard about him wanting out

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-06, 6:47 pm

Still not a manager, still looking at players like Catts who has been here close to 8 years now as a good solid player, his isn't, he is just an expensive injury prone player who will not do well in the fizzy pop. The PL is a tough league the fizzy pop twice as bad so if and it's a massive if we manage to get him fit he need Dianne Abbot to keep a count of the cards and suspensions he will get.
When he actually gets on the pitch in total 3 seasons out of 7 less than 50 % of the time just not good enough
Neither have I to be fair however we did upgrade his contract when Stoke came in for him 2\ 3 years ago he then promptly got injured for half a season coincidence? Maybe not.
Don't get me wrong here I'm not lumping all our woes on Catts how can I when he hasn't played more than 2/3 games this season, this is a pop at keeping the so called old pros like JOS as well to bring the youth on etc. etc. they have both been here 8 and 6 ish years and what youth have they imparted their great knowledge on so far? Unless they are closet goalkeepers then I can't think of any.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-06, 8:45 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

very[/quotre]

Not into stats but I have watched him in every home game he has played and seen him make some cracking passes. That how I judge, not on stats of popular image but in what I see. Catts is certainly not the greatest footballer but he is one I would rather have with me than against me.

You certainly see something different to me. He 's going to divide opinion and we clearly know which camp each othe is in!
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-05-06, 8:51 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Still not a manager, still looking at players like Catts who has been here close to 8 years now as a good solid player, his isn't, he is just an expensive injury prone player who will not do well in the fizzy pop. The PL is a tough league the fizzy pop twice as bad so if and it's a massive if we manage to get him fit he need Dianne Abbot to keep a count of the cards and suspensions he will get.
When he actually gets on the pitch in total 3 seasons out of 7 less than 50 % of the time just not good enough
Neither have I to be fair however we did upgrade his contract when Stoke came in for him 2\ 3 years ago he then promptly got injured for half a season coincidence? Maybe not.
Don't get me wrong here I'm not lumping all our woes on Catts how can I when he hasn't played more than 2/3 games this season, this is a pop at keeping the so called old pros like JOS as well to bring the youth on etc. etc.  they have both been here 8 and 6 ish years and what youth have they imparted their great knowledge on so far? Unless they are closet goalkeepers then I can't think of any.
Agreed. people love a tryer though. Time to see past the facade.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-06, 9:50 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Still not a manager, still looking at players like Catts who has been here close to 8 years now as a good solid player, his isn't, he is just an expensive injury prone player who will not do well in the fizzy pop. The PL is a tough league the fizzy pop twice as bad so if and it's a massive if we manage to get him fit he need Dianne Abbot to keep a count of the cards and suspensions he will get.
Don't get me wrong here I'm not lumping all our woes on Catts how can I when he hasn't played more than 2/3 games this season, this is a pop at keeping the so called old pros like JOS as well to bring the youth on etc. etc.  they have both been here 8 and 6 ish years and what youth have they imparted their great knowledge on so far? Unless they are closet goalkeepers then I can't think of any.

Summed up perfectly about Catts & JoS. 
As Kipper says further down he's devides opinion......that he does. He's a tough bastard that's for sure but all bullies meet their match one day! I just hope it's before he's see's off another promising threat

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-06, 11:31 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Summed up perfectly about Catts & JoS. 
As Kipper says further down he's devides opinion......that he does. He's a tough bastard that's for sure but all bullies meet their match one day! I just hope it's before he's see's off another promising threat
Giaccherini? Wink
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: