SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!
Today at 11:37 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 4
Today at 10:09 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 3
Today at 10:07 pm by cyprussyd

» Our future is rooted in our history
Today at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bit of a blow
Today at 9:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 60
Today at 9:16 pm by Hieronymus

» League Table Week 3
Today at 8:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Jerry Lewis RIP
Today at 8:09 pm by canary-dave

» Quiz 59
Today at 6:31 pm by Vincemac

» Results - Midweek
Today at 5:43 pm by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

Kipper, oxfordshire, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

David Moyes wants an entirely new team

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Moyes wants an entirely new team

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-04, 6:06 pm

David Moyes wants an entirely new team if he is to stay at Sunderland 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]CREDIT: P

•  Luke Edwards 

4 MAY 2017 • 3:02PM

David Moyes has issued a stark warning to Sunderland owner Ellis Short about the enormous changes needed to give the club a realistic chance of gaining promotion from the Championship as he insisted he will have to sign an entirely new team.
Moyes has already held preliminary discussions with the club’s owner and chief executive Martin Bain following relegation this week and has made it clear that, as things stand, the squad is ill-equipped for life in the second tier.
The former Manchester United and Everton manager has been assured by Short that he wants him to continue as manager, despite presiding over a dismal campaign which has brought the club's 10-year stay in the Premier League to an insipid conclusion.

Moyes, though, has refused to commit, conscious of the fact many supporters want him to leave, but also wary of staying on if he is not going to be given the tools needed to rebuild his reputation on Wearside.
Sunderland tumble into the Championship in turmoil on and off the pitch, with the latest set of accounts revealing they have debts of more than £110m, which may help explain why Short has failed to find a buyer over the last 12 months.

But, if they are going to have any chance of making an instant return, Short will have to back Moyes with money rather than words because of the radical changes the manager feels are necessary.
Telegraph Sport understands Moyes has already lined up deals for a number of players already playing in the Championship but needs the green light from the board to proceed.

Moyes, who has been stunned by the poor attitude of some of the players at the Stadium of Light, believes he will need to bring in at least half a new squad and wants to make sure the players who have failed to respond to him are moved on as quickly as possible.
Sunderland will look to sell Lamine Kone, Fabio Borini and Whabi Khazri as soon as a miserable season has ended, while they are also braced for bids for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Fabio Borini could be heading for the exit door at the Stadium of Light CREDIT: PA

The England Under-21 international was shortlisted for the PFA Young Player of the Year award and Sunderland will want at least £20m for the 23-year-old. There is also little chance Sunderland will hold on to Jermain Defoe, who has a clause in his contract that enables him to leave on a free transfer after relegation.
Of the players who are out of contract at the end of the season, only Victor Anichebe and captain John O’Shea are likely to be offered new deals, although Seb Larsson could also stay.
Joleon Lescott, Steven Pienaar, Jan Kirchoff will not be offered extensions, while Adnan Januzaj, Jason Denayer and Javier Manquillo will return to Manchester United, Manchester City and Atletico Madrid at the end of their loan agreements.
Short has told Moyes he will respond to his request in a couple of weeks and understands that the Scot will quit if he does not provide the funds needed to overhaul the squad.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: David Moyes wants an entirely new team

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-04, 6:08 pm

Good man Moyesy, I agree, I hope you get it and I hope you stay.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-04, 10:05 pm

Shorts just given himself a fortnight to talk to prospective new managers behind Moysys back.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-04, 10:35 pm

gil t azell wrote:Shorts just given himself a fortnight to talk to prospective new managers behind Moysys back.
Might be something in that theory Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-04, 11:00 pm

yep..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-05-05, 11:43 am

I hope he gets a new team, in firking Scotland
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-05, 1:44 pm

The Telegraph reports that Sunderland manager David Moyes is awaiting a green light from the Mackems' board before proceeding with moves for 'a number' of transfer targets already playing in the Championship.
With Sunderland's debts said to exceed £110 million, it would perhaps make sense if said players happen to be out of contract this summer.

Here are three the Scot would be wise to consider:

John Ruddy (Norwich City)

With Jordan Pickford again linked with a move to Everton on Friday morning, Sunderland could be in the market for a new goalkeeper in the coming months. Ruddy, who was twice promoted to the Premier League with Norwich, was signed by Moyes during his time as Toffees boss.

Ryan Bennett (Norwich City)

Released alongside Ruddy this week, a fresh start could be exactly what Bennett needs after going off the boil at Carrow Road this season. Once a £3.5 million buy from Peterborough United, the 27-year-old has a Championship promotion on his CV, as well as 61 top flight appearances.

Marley Watkins (Barnsley)

SEE ALSO: Report: Trio, including 2 recent recruits, set for Sunderland release as Moyes begins overhaul
A winger by trade, Watkins has taken the second tier by storm in his first ever campaign at that level - scoring 10 goals and creating another nine in 41 games. Barnsley will, understandably, want to keep him, however a move to a club of Sunderland's statue could be tough to turn down.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-06, 2:55 am

A number of contracted players should be shown the door also.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2017-05-06, 8:50 am

I want a new team as well.
One that doesn't put me through the wringer every season
Unfortunately I'm stuck with this one  Evil or Very Mad
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-06, 9:23 am

yep

Very Happy
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-06, 9:31 am

Jerry the Jinx wrote:I want a new team as well.
My exact same thoughts! tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-06, 9:59 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:I want a new team as well.
My exact same thoughts! tongue
Sorry ladies, I fear you are stuck with the pain of being a Mackem, it's worse than any drug, I believe you do get the occasional high with other drugs.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-06, 11:06 am

David Moyes insists Ellis Short remains passionate about the Sunderland cause.

The pair met last weekend, alongside Chief Executive Martin Bain, to begin thrashing out a plan for next season.

Moyes says the decision to proceed now rests with the owner, who has been keen to sell the club.

He said: “All we did was put down thoughts on what it would take, and then left it with Ellis for him to decide.

“But the conversation was fine.
“Obviously, Ellis was really disappointed [at relegation] because, whatever anybody says, he is really passionate about this club,” he added.
“Sometimes people don’t see that, but he wants his team to win and his club to do well, and he is disappointed when that doesn’t happen.
“We have to try and find a way to make this work quickly.”

Moyes has presented an initial plan to Short on what he thinks Sunderland will need to bounce back, including case studies of other sides who have managed the feat.
Sunderland are braced for a summer of high turnover in the playing staff, with 10 players out of contract and three loanees set to return to their parent clubs, before a number of players under contract move on to pastures new.
Moyes will speak to those affected next season but said he is up for the rebuild, and despite the changes on the way feels Sunderland have a core of players who can flourish in the Championship.
Moyes said: “Even if some players go, we’d have the nucleus of a pretty good side.

“There’s a good solid base of 10 or so players who I think will be good, but obviously that won’t be enough and we’ll need to add more to have a side that would give us every opportunity.
“But there’s the basis of a side here.
“We’ve got a full week with no game next week, and we’ll speak to the players and I’ll try to get around to as many as I can next week, because the following week will be pretty busy with three games in eight days,” he added.
“We’ve got about 10 players out of contract and we will speak to them next week.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-06, 11:54 am

As I have said in another thread..

Wages this season will be greatly reduced, and that's a biggie ...

We will be relegated with £100m for finishing 20th.

That's a canny wedge which hopefully even Short will realise some of it should be invested in the squad.
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-06, 10:01 pm

silvers wrote:As I have said in another thread..

That's a canny wedge which hopefully even Short will realise some of it should be invested in the squad.

Nah mate, wait for the FFP smokescreen line.........

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-06, 11:39 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

I am with you Kiwi, I doubt the team will see a penny of that money. I now believe that has been the aim since Day 1 of Short's 'reign', to take out as much as he could get away with, while keeping us a (barely) viable Premier League club. A slight miscalculation, due to Sam leaving, has led to relegation, but at least we waited until the first year of the new TV deal and managed to rake in that £million first Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-07, 8:31 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

I am with you Kiwi, I doubt the team will see a penny of that money. I now believe that has been the aim since Day 1 of Short's 'reign', to take out as much as he could get away with, while keeping us a (barely) viable Premier League club. A slight miscalculation, due to Sam leaving, has led to relegation, but at least we waited until the first year of the new TV deal and managed to rake in that £million first Evil or Very Mad
Well I hope and pray you are both wrong but we will soon know, my guess is that Moyes is no fool and wont fall for lies again. He will get the cash he needs, I believe he will, or he will walk.

Not sure of the combined fee's but Borini, Lens, Kone and Pickford should bring in a fair lump plus the 100 mil payment means enough there to reduce the debt and give Moyes enough to rebuild. If H is right and Shorts aim is to just survive in the premier league then he has failed. Think what we may about him one thing is certain, he is no fool and knows his asset in the club will be reducing in value and becoming less attractive for potential buyers.

I know I live in a half full world but I am also a realist and it simply makes no sense in any way to think that Short can't or won't do all he can to bring at the very least a play off place next season, he may fail but he will, IMO, try.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-07, 8:43 am

David Moyes is set to remain as Sunderland manager after getting assurances from owner Ellis Short that he will be able to spend £70m on players in the summer. (Sunday Telegraph)

A SunderMad exclusive, honest  Embarassed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-07, 9:01 am

In other news pigs spotted at 400000 feet.
Can see Moyes staying but he will not get £70mil to spend. Maybe we should start a newspaper up mate I'm sure we can come up with stuff like this very easily.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-07, 9:04 am

talcnturnip wrote:In other news pigs spotted at 400000 feet.
Can see Moyes staying but he will not get £70mil  to spend. Maybe we should start a newspaper up mate I'm sure we can come up with stuff like this very easily.
I did

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-07, 9:41 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Well I hope and pray you are both wrong but we will soon know, my guess is that Moyes is no fool and wont fall for lies again. He will get the cash he needs, I believe he will, or he will walk.

Not sure of the combined fee's but Borini, Lens, Kone and Pickford should bring in a fair lump plus the 100 mil payment means enough there to reduce the debt and give Moyes enough to rebuild. If H is right and Shorts aim is to just survive in the premier league then he has failed. Think what we may about him one thing is certain, he is no fool and knows his asset in the club will be reducing in value and becoming less attractive for potential buyers.

I know I live in a half full world but I am also a realist and it simply makes no sense in any way to think that Short can't or won't do all he can to bring at the very least a play off place next season, he may fail but he will, IMO, try.

Syd, the fact is that he doesn't need to get promoted first season as the payments are guaranteed. Future profits are booked against deferred loses which have been accumulated with above market rates of return. The net value of assets are irrelevant as unless his credit line is frozen he can underwrite all expenditure without them becoming distressed. Kitano is no Fannie May!

You should study John Grayken  Wink

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-05-07, 10:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:David Moyes is set to remain as Sunderland manager after getting assurances from owner Ellis Short that he will be able to spend £70m on players in the summer. (Sunday Telegraph)

A SunderMad exclusive, honest  Embarassed
That seems like someone has got this mixed with Ashley giving Benitez 70 mil up the road.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-07, 10:05 am

Looking at it in a more positive light, for all we are relegated ES has the manager he wanted so he may have more faith in a long term plan than we have been able to stick to for the past few seasons.  If he is willing to be patient then a season of bringing on our younger players supplemented by some fresher older players who have less mileage and more ability than those who are out of contract then there is some merit in having a season in the Championship while we regroup.

Much along the same lines of the Peter Reid days but with someone who has a bit more nous in the purchasing area.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-07, 10:15 am

Nostalgic wrote:Looking at it in a more positive light, for all we are relegated ES has the manager he wanted so he may have more faith in a long term plan than we have been able to stick to for the past few seasons.  If he is willing to be patient then a season of bringing on our younger players supplemented by some fresher older players who have less mileage and more ability than those who are out of contract then there is some merit in having a season in the Championship while we regroup.

Much along the same lines of the Peter Reid days but with someone who has a bit more nous in the purchasing area.
Relegation is a blessing for Short as it's enabled the fixed outgoings to be lowered without a substantial loss of income. The savings alone will free up expenditure for new players on substantially lower rates than with the current season whilst ensuring liquid outgoings are maintained.

Like you say he's got the man he wanted plus he's making the returns he desires so all in all, job done for 2016/17.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-07, 10:40 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Syd, the fact is that he doesn't need to get promoted first season as the payments are guaranteed. Future profits are booked against deferred loses which have been accumulated with above market rates of return. The net value of assets are irrelevant as unless his credit line is frozen he can underwrite all expenditure without them becoming distressed. Kitano is no Fannie May!

You should study John Grayken  Wink
Maybe I just have yet to become cynical. We will soon know who is right.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: