Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

Latest topics
» Manager/takeover update
Today at 3:17 pm by sunderpitt

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 2:32 pm by cretanmakem

» Word association thread--SAFC
Today at 1:40 pm by canary-dave

» Time for a head count
Today at 10:41 am by sunderpitt

» The Centre-Spot on Wembley pitch.
Today at 8:20 am by cyprussyd

» Well the deal is done.
Yesterday at 10:18 pm by silvers

» wHAT IS THE sUNDERLAND CONNECTION ?
Yesterday at 10:57 am by The Yakker

» No crisis say Short and Baine following meeting
Yesterday at 10:08 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Just my take
Yesterday at 10:03 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Fear not, salvation is near
Yesterday at 10:00 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

Kipper, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Our quiet little forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our quiet little forum

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-03, 5:52 pm

Is now in need of therapy as everyone tries to come to terms with whats happening. Not relegation I think most have accepted that but the future.

We have a owner who wants out but is still here and in charge of the purse strings.
A manager who may be going but then again may not.
A squad of players who we know are not great but we have no idea who is staying and who is going, but we can give a good guess.
Have we any money for new players, if so how much, who will recruits them, will anyone decent come.
Add in council elections, a general election and Brexit.

Not to mention Trump and Kim Jong-un parading like peacocks in heat.


Still, we have Hull to look forward to and my ticket for the U23 final came today.










________________________________________________________
            I could have supported Newcastle and be deluded. Instead I chose Sunderland and became depressed.
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 40657
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 68
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-03, 8:36 pm

Might be a quiet little forum but there isnt a better one. We all treat each other with respect and dignity and only have our moments when our team has suffered yet another defeat. 

Next season and regardless of who the manager or players are we will win more games than this season. The forum will burst into life as I believe a winning team generate more debate from happy little posters.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4492
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-03, 8:51 pm

There is a lighter side to last weekend.  Granddaughter called round to introduce here new boyfriend and had obviously briefed him that was not a particular fan of rugby but loved football.  During the chats, and laughs, he eventually trotted his basic knowledge of our football by saying "I see Sunderland have been relegated today".

Silence for two seconds before wife and G/daughter collapsed in heaps of laughter.  Kid's face was a picture when I gave him the stare for a while.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 79
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-03, 8:59 pm

Nostalgic wrote:There is a lighter side to last weekend.  Granddaughter called round to introduce here new boyfriend and had obviously briefed him that was not a particular fan of rugby but loved football.  During the chats, and laughs, he eventually trotted his basic knowledge of our football by saying "I see Sunderland have been relegated today".

Silence for two seconds before wife and G/daughter collapsed in heaps of laughter.  Kid's face was a picture when I gave him the stare for a while.
like

________________________________________________________
            I could have supported Newcastle and be deluded. Instead I chose Sunderland and became depressed.
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 40657
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 68
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-03, 9:58 pm

Nostalgic wrote:There is a lighter side to last weekend.  Granddaughter called round to introduce here new boyfriend and had obviously briefed him that was not a particular fan of rugby but loved football.  During the chats, and laughs, he eventually trotted his basic knowledge of our football by saying "I see Sunderland have been relegated today".

Silence for two seconds before wife and G/daughter collapsed in heaps of laughter.  Kid's face was a picture when I gave him the stare for a while.
lol!
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 7849
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  silvers on 2017-05-04, 12:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14254
Join date : 2012-08-02
Age : 70
Location : Whickham

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-05-04, 2:29 pm

Nostalgic wrote:There is a lighter side to last weekend.  Granddaughter called round to introduce here new boyfriend and had obviously briefed him that was not a particular fan of rugby but loved football.  During the chats, and laughs, he eventually trotted his basic knowledge of our football by saying "I see Sunderland have been relegated today".

Silence for two seconds before wife and G/daughter collapsed in heaps of laughter.  Kid's face was a picture when I gave him the stare for a while.
lol!
avatar
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 1824
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 62
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-05-04, 3:22 pm

gil t azell wrote:Might be a quiet little forum but there isnt a better one. We all treat each other with respect and dignity and only have our moments when our team has suffered yet another defeat. 

Next season and regardless of who the manager or players are we will win more games than this season. The forum will burst into life as I believe a winning team generate more debate from happy little posters.
A few years ago after one of our relegations a friend of mine went home after the match in a none too happy mood.  His wife tried to cheer him up with a comment that always makes me laugh when I think about it.

"Don't worry Derek, I know how you feel.  I always feel bad when we lose at netball."

AND they're still together.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Posts : 74
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-04, 4:21 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Might be a quiet little forum but there isnt a better one. We all treat each other with respect and dignity and only have our moments when our team has suffered yet another defeat. 

Next season and regardless of who the manager or players are we will win more games than this season. The forum will burst into life as I believe a winning team generate more debate from happy little posters.
A few years ago after one of our relegations a friend of mine went home after the match in a none too happy mood.  His wife tried to cheer him up with a comment that always makes me laugh when I think about it.

"Don't worry Derek, I know how you feel.  I always feel bad when we lose at netball."

AND they're still together.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 7849
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-04, 8:46 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Might be a quiet little forum but there isnt a better one. We all treat each other with respect and dignity and only have our moments when our team has suffered yet another defeat. 

Next season and regardless of who the manager or players are we will win more games than this season. The forum will burst into life as I believe a winning team generate more debate from happy little posters.
A few years ago after one of our relegations a friend of mine went home after the match in a none too happy mood.  His wife tried to cheer him up with a comment that always makes me laugh when I think about it.

"Don't worry Derek, I know how you feel.  I always feel bad when we lose at netball."

AND they're still together.
like Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4492
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-04, 8:50 pm

My Mrs has kept up with changes.  Once she was a football widow, now she is a tinterweb football widow.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 79
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum