In total there are 17 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

Kipper, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Our quiet little forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our quiet little forum

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-03, 5:52 pm

Is now in need of therapy as everyone tries to come to terms with whats happening. Not relegation I think most have accepted that but the future.

We have a owner who wants out but is still here and in charge of the purse strings.
A manager who may be going but then again may not.
A squad of players who we know are not great but we have no idea who is staying and who is going, but we can give a good guess.
Have we any money for new players, if so how much, who will recruits them, will anyone decent come.
Add in council elections, a general election and Brexit.

Not to mention Trump and Kim Jong-un parading like peacocks in heat.

Still, we have Hull to look forward to and my ticket for the U23 final came today.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Our quiet little forum

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-03, 8:36 pm

Might be a quiet little forum but there isnt a better one. We all treat each other with respect and dignity and only have our moments when our team has suffered yet another defeat. 

Next season and regardless of who the manager or players are we will win more games than this season. The forum will burst into life as I believe a winning team generate more debate from happy little posters.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-03, 8:51 pm

There is a lighter side to last weekend.  Granddaughter called round to introduce here new boyfriend and had obviously briefed him that was not a particular fan of rugby but loved football.  During the chats, and laughs, he eventually trotted his basic knowledge of our football by saying "I see Sunderland have been relegated today".

Silence for two seconds before wife and G/daughter collapsed in heaps of laughter.  Kid's face was a picture when I gave him the stare for a while.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-03, 8:59 pm

Nostalgic wrote:There is a lighter side to last weekend.  Granddaughter called round to introduce here new boyfriend and had obviously briefed him that was not a particular fan of rugby but loved football.  During the chats, and laughs, he eventually trotted his basic knowledge of our football by saying "I see Sunderland have been relegated today".

Silence for two seconds before wife and G/daughter collapsed in heaps of laughter.  Kid's face was a picture when I gave him the stare for a while.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-03, 9:58 pm

Nostalgic wrote:There is a lighter side to last weekend.  Granddaughter called round to introduce here new boyfriend and had obviously briefed him that was not a particular fan of rugby but loved football.  During the chats, and laughs, he eventually trotted his basic knowledge of our football by saying "I see Sunderland have been relegated today".

lol!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-05-04, 12:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-05-04, 2:29 pm

lol!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-05-04, 3:22 pm

gil t azell wrote:Might be a quiet little forum but there isnt a better one. We all treat each other with respect and dignity and only have our moments when our team has suffered yet another defeat. 

Next season and regardless of who the manager or players are we will win more games than this season. The forum will burst into life as I believe a winning team generate more debate from happy little posters.
A few years ago after one of our relegations a friend of mine went home after the match in a none too happy mood.  His wife tried to cheer him up with a comment that always makes me laugh when I think about it.

"Don't worry Derek, I know how you feel.  I always feel bad when we lose at netball."

AND they're still together.
Sid MCFC
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-04, 4:21 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Might be a quiet little forum but there isnt a better one. We all treat each other with respect and dignity and only have our moments when our team has suffered yet another defeat. 

A few years ago after one of our relegations a friend of mine went home after the match in a none too happy mood.  His wife tried to cheer him up with a comment that always makes me laugh when I think about it.

"Don't worry Derek, I know how you feel.  I always feel bad when we lose at netball."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-04, 8:46 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:

like Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-04, 8:50 pm

My Mrs has kept up with changes.  Once she was a football widow, now she is a tinterweb football widow.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum