In total there are 17 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

Kipper, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

New Manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Manager

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-02, 6:42 pm

If, and its still a big if, Moyes goes I would love but will never get, new manager and assist manager of

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Manager

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-02, 7:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:If, and its still a big if, Moyes goes I would love but will never get, new manager and assist manager of

They would actually be my dream team too Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-05-02, 7:32 pm

Interesting thought but I doubt either would work with short again
paddocklad
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-05-02, 7:40 pm

Franck Rikyard for me.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-03, 7:59 am

Sunderland manager David Moyes, 54, is poised to resign following the club's relegation to the Championship, less than a year after joining on a four-year contract. (Sun)

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2017-05-03, 1:40 pm

anybody except moyes, pay him off and get rid.

VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

My Dream Team!!

Post  Hoola on 2017-05-03, 4:46 pm

What  about Kevin  Phillips (popularity  would guarantee big gates0 7 Nigel  Pearson- it was  his Leicester promotion winning side  that Ranieri inherited and went  on to  win the  Premiership!!!
Hoola

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-03, 6:23 pm

Hoola wrote:What  about Kevin  Phillips (popularity  would guarantee big gates0 7 Nigel  Pearson- it was  his Leicester promotion winning side  that Ranieri inherited and went  on to  win the  Premiership!!!
Welcome to our friendly (if a little depressed at minute) forum Hoola Very Happy

And yes I think that might be a popular choice and I agree it might get bums on seats. But I have the fear that if SKP ever came as a coach/manager and failed, like so many have before, that would taint his position as one of my favourite players ever. So I am conflicted Smile

And of course Moyes has gone nowhere yet!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoola on 2017-05-03, 7:30 pm

I can  understand your concerns about tainting your  opinion of SKP.
Hoola

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-03, 7:37 pm

Aitor Karanka 

The Spaniard left the Riverside six weeks ago, with Boro similarly staring down the relegation barrel. And while his time at Middlesbrough was, on the whole, successful, he paid for the inability to get his side to create chances and score goals. While it is easy to dwell on the negatives of his final year on Teeside, Karanka certainly does have a lot going for him. He knows how to gain promotion, having guided Boro to second in 2015/16 - that ticks one, much needed box. Karanka can also attract players. He managed to convince Alvaro Negredo and Victor Valdes to sign last summer, even though, neither, in particular the former, have not really worked out. 

Garry Monk 

Leaving Leeds United, a club seemingly on the up, for Sunderland would, in normal circumstances, be no easy sell. But Leeds are no normal club, not while Massimo Cellino is at the helm, anyway. Has done a cracking job to make the Whites a force again and may want to continue that next season, with automatic promotion clearly the aim. But will he be given all the tools, and correct backing, to do the job? Only time will tell. 

Nigel Pearson 

Left Derby County earlier this season by mutual consent. Despite being linked with any number of jobs, he is yet to land another gig in the second tier. No novice, having been a full time boss at Southampton, Leicester City and Hull City, Pearson would bring experience. Would be seen by many as a safe pair of hands appointment. 

Steve McClaren 

Another who knows his way around the Championship, but a manager who has maybe or two too many fails on his CV for any Sunderland fans' liking. He's available, happy to manage in the North East and is well rated by players up and down the land for his coaching ability. Time and time again, though, has come up short in the managerial department, including at Newcastle last season. 

Slavisa Jokanovic 

Has put together probably the most easy on the eye team in the second tier this campaign in Fulham - just ask the Magpies, who he has beaten twice this season. But the problem could lie in the fact that in-form Fulham might well pass Sunderland on the way up. Fulham are bound for the play-offs and could well join Newcastle and Brighton in returning to the top flight. An unlikely appointment but his successes make him an option worth some considerable consideration. 

Kevin Phillips 

Untried and untested - this would be a big risk for the Black Cats. But in an era where a lack of passion is being suggested, Phillips certainly knows what it is like to lead Sunderland from the front. Hugely popular, the fans would take little convincing were he to be approached, despite only ever being a coach. ...

There's always Roy Keane Sunderland fans were singing his name in the Boro defeat last week. And it's fair to say he'd be no Whether Short would go back in for the Republic of Ireland No 2, is another thing all together, especially the way it all ended for Keane at the SoL.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-05-03, 8:28 pm

Keane would be my 1st choice.
SKP the 2nd and
Nigel Clough the 3rd. Brought Burton up to the championship AND kept them there.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-05-03, 9:08 pm

I have no problem with Moyes insofar as he can probably provide the best framework for our future.  Take away peoples' judgement via micromanagement of all decisions made in a game that they believe led to our defeat and we played some reasonable football given our injury history for this season.  He has striven to play some form of attacking football looking for wins which is more adventurous that Sam was.

All this condemnation of his negativity was born out of his reply to a question that some supporters felt we would be in for another relegation battle and he replied that they could be right. People latched onto that and beat him incessantly with it. 

Finally factor in player shortcomings that have cost us points for certain:  Pickford's two at Soton then two at Boro when he was late to react. Pienaar at Spurs when he allowed Walker to hook the ball off the line, Khazri at WHU when he fluffed a good chance, and even Defore against WBA. There are more, but they were the memorable ones.

At least ten points or more wasted, and not all down to the manager.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-04, 2:00 pm

Micky Gray has named the three men he would target if David Moyes decides to quit Sunderland.
The Black Cats boss faces an uncertain future after relegation from the Premier League.

No decision is expected to be made until after the end of the season but Moyes will want reassurances that owner Ellis Short is willing to back him financially to get Sunderland back in the top flight.
With plenty of speculation regarding his future Micky Gray was asked on TalkSport who he’d like if Moyes did walk. Gray named a three-man list of people he would target.

He said: “Chris Coleman (Wales manager) is a fantastic guy. His enthusiasm is brilliant.
“I would take Chris Coleman tomorrow. He would be my number one right now. I don’t know if he is going to stay with Wales, but he would be my number one.
“Ryan Giggs is someone who I think is looking for an opportunity and has got respect as soon as he walks into a dressing room. The players would obviously want to play for him.

Ryan Giggs
“If the chairman backs him with funds, there is no better place. We saw it with Roy Keane. He got his first [managerial] opportunity with Sunderland and got them back in the Premier League.
“Roy is my number three choice. It might raise a few eyebrows and it probably wouldn’t happen, but Roy would take no prisoners.

“And I think he has learnt from his experience as assistant to Martin O’Neill at the Republic of Ireland.

“In his first spell he wasn’t around Monday and Tuesday, he’d travel up and down from Wednesday until the game. If you’re going into a job like that then forget it - you’ve got to be fully committed.

“In saying that, in the first few seasons he was there he got us up to the Premier League and helped us stay there. He was brilliant. But then it fell away.
“That is the type of character we need at the club. It worked with Sam Allardyce last season, and Peter Reid for seven and a half years got it right too. (They are) the same type of characters as Roy Keane.”

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-05-04, 2:21 pm

If West Ham are stupid enough to let him go I would take Bilic!!!

I know he has had a shaky season, but new ground syndrome, horrendous injury list ( nearly as bad as ours), the Payet fiasco and not playing the "West Ham way" have placed in this insecure position. Previous experience at international level and his first year at West Ham looks good to me.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-04, 7:47 pm

If Leeds United don’t want Garry Monk, then Sunderland should take him

If Leeds United don’t want Garry Monk, then Sunderland should take him
Sunderland should approach Leeds United’s Garry Monk if David Moyes leaves in the summer.
HITC.COM

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum