SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!
Yesterday at 11:37 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 4
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 3
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by cyprussyd

» Our future is rooted in our history
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bit of a blow
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 60
Yesterday at 9:16 pm by Hieronymus

» League Table Week 3
Yesterday at 8:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Jerry Lewis RIP
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by canary-dave

» Quiz 59
Yesterday at 6:31 pm by Vincemac

» Results - Midweek
Yesterday at 5:43 pm by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Dream On

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream On

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-04-30, 4:09 pm

All the fans who think we're coming straight back to the Premier league next season.....

Just because we have our U23's in a European Final dosen't mean we have a great squad of players ready to step into the first team

Once again we are losing games and everyone thinks the youngsters are the answer.....Because of injuries we had youngsters in the team at the start of the season and as it took us 9 games to get a win and then everyone was saying they weren't good enough...what's changed?Yes we have promising youngsters....Honeyman (who's at the end of his contact) and Asoro (attracting interest from bigger clubs) as well as others,but dream on if you think they'll get us promoted next season....Boro went down that route and it took them 6 years to get back in the Premier....and if you think putting the youngsters in the first team in the remaining games will make a difference cut back on the magic mushrooms....it'll add youthful exuberance but just give them experience of how to get beat

Don't get me wrong,some experienced pro's like O'Shea and Cattermole with a couple of new signings and the youngsters might make a challenge for a play off place next season....but don't hold your breath...it's a reality check, we're in the Championship and it's going to be hard to get back to the Premier....hate to say it and hope I'm wrong,maybe the way this season has gone has made me a little negative....I await the clubs plan which they will reveal at the end of the season...hope it changes my mind
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream On

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-30, 5:23 pm

I'm expecting the 2nd season before we even challenge for the play offs. I also think Moyes will also be given the opportunity to rebuild the squad with a lot of young hungry players.  I hope the fans give him a clean start in the Championship. If however we get a poor start he has to go at Xmas. Not ideal but he needs to be more upbeat and attack minded.

I think it will be the 2nd or 3rd season where we may get back up. via the play offs Certainly not expecting to win automatic.

Like yourself I hope I'm wrong and whoever the manager and players are shock us fans and we go straight back up. Whether that would be a good thing I'm not sure. From a financial point, yes, but from a team prspective lets wait n see.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-04-30, 5:40 pm

My priority would be survival.

This lot wouldn't be able to compete in the Championship either !

We need significant investment just to hold our own.

Will that be forthcoming ???

Remember, we only get £100m for finishing 20th in the premiership !

Shocked
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 5:49 pm

I don't see Moyes staying or anyone I would want coming without significant investment, mind I think they have all been promised that.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 6:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-30, 6:19 pm

Most of our squad including the experienced pros can't last 38 minutes so asking them to play 50 plus games a season is a long shot.
No illusions about next season or more than likely the next 2/3/4 seasons if that is we manage to stay in there he fizzy pop league, with Silvers on this one our priority is survival sad as that may seem.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-05-01, 11:48 am

like most I really cant see us bouncing straight back up. Mid-table would be my guess and hope for next season.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum