SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!
Today at 11:37 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 4
Today at 10:09 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 3
Today at 10:07 pm by cyprussyd

» Our future is rooted in our history
Today at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bit of a blow
Today at 9:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 60
Today at 9:16 pm by Hieronymus

» League Table Week 3
Today at 8:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Jerry Lewis RIP
Today at 8:09 pm by canary-dave

» Quiz 59
Today at 6:31 pm by Vincemac

» Results - Midweek
Today at 5:43 pm by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

Kipper, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Ellis short (club statement)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Message from Short

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 8:33 pm

Following confirmation of the club’s relegation from the Premier League today, Sunderland AFC chairman Ellis Short said: 
“Like any supporter, my initial reaction is one of sadness, disappointment, anger and frustration. After 10 consecutive seasons as a top-flight club, the second longest in our 138-year history, it is hard for everyone to take.
“It is an especially cruel blow for our supporters, who have shown tremendous faith in the club. They backed the team, home and away, in huge numbers throughout the season and it is fair to say this season they have once again been relentless in their support. I am truly sorry that we have not been able to retain our top-flight status for them. 
“I acknowledge that during my ownership mistakes have been made, particularly in the area of player recruitment, and as a result we have found ourselves struggling to survive in recent seasons. We had massive disruption during the summer transfer window and an unprecedented number of injuries throughout the season. These are difficulties which we have been unable to overcome and we are paying the price for that now. 
“We need to improve, both on and off the field, and despite the bitter disappointment of today there is a strong determination to do so throughout the club. There is significant work to be done over the summer and when the season is concluded, we intend to share our plans to move forward with our supporters”.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ellis short (club statement)

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-29, 8:40 pm

Well, if he stays with us let's hope he has learnt those lessons mate, as ever won't be holding my breath.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Ellis short (club statement)

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-30, 10:40 am

Chairman Ellis Short left "frustrated" by Sunderland's relegation

The Sunderland Chairman Ellis Short has released a statement following the Black Cats relegation to the Championship.
It reads:

Like any supporter, my initial reaction is one of sadness, disappointment, anger and frustration. After 10 consecutive seasons as a top-flight club, the second longest in our 138-year history, it is hard for everyone to take.
“It is an especially cruel blow for our supporters, who have shown tremendous faith in the club. They backed the team, home and away, in huge numbers throughout the season and it is fair to say this season they have once again been relentless in their support. I am truly sorry that we have not been able to retain our top-flight status for them.
“I acknowledge that during my ownership mistakes have been made, particularly in the area of player recruitment, and as a result we have found ourselves struggling to survive in recent seasons. We had massive disruption during the summer transfer window and an unprecedented number of injuries throughout the season. These are difficulties which we have been unable to overcome and we are paying the price for that now.
“We need to improve, both on and off the field, and despite the bitter disappointment of today there is a strong determination to do so throughout the club.There is significant work to be done over the summer and when the season is concluded, we intend to share our plans to move forward with our supporters”.

– ELLIS SHORT, SUNDERLAND AFC CHAIRMAN
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-30, 10:54 am

Sorry, didn't realise it had be posted already.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 11:00 am

Roker roar wrote:Sorry, didn't realise it had be posted already.
no problem and TBH I'm surprised there is little comment bearing in mind Shorts reputation.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2017-04-30, 12:22 pm

Whilst this statement says all the right things it would be nice to think it was a sign of better things to come, however the speed with which it was delivered suggests it was probably drafted by someone in PR in readiness for the moment we fell.

Whilst I am not a critic of Short - because despite the negative press, I think he has given successive managers enough backing to ensure we avoided the drop - this is an opportunity for him to redeem himself in the eyes of many doubters by making a commitment to back Moyes (or his successor) with whatever is required to rebuild the squad.

For me personally, immediate promotion, whilst desirable, is not the most important issue, I want to see a return of passion and genuine commitment from the team, something that has been sadly missing this season and if we can achieve that, Short will be on the first step to regaining the trust and support of the fans.

I realise this easier said than done, but Short's reputation is at it's lowest ebb and the next few weeks will determine whether or not his 'statement' was genuine or simply something to take the sting out of a very sad moment in the club's recent history.

Time will tell.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-30, 10:56 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Roker roar wrote:Sorry, didn't realise it had be posted already.
no problem and TBH I'm surprised there is little comment bearing in mind Shorts reputation.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-30, 11:07 pm

Argus wrote:Whilst this statement says all the right things it would be nice to think it was a sign of better things to come, however the speed with which it was delivered suggests it was probably drafted by someone in PR in readiness for the moment we fell.

Whilst I am not a critic of Short - because despite the negative press, I think he has given successive managers enough backing to ensure we avoided the drop - this is an opportunity for him to redeem himself in the eyes of many doubters by making a commitment to back Moyes (or his successor) with whatever is required to rebuild the squad.

For me personally, immediate promotion, whilst desirable, is not the most important issue, I want to see a return of passion and genuine commitment from the team, something that has been sadly missing this season and if we can achieve that, Short will be on the first step to regaining the trust and support of the fans.

I realise this easier said than done, but Short's reputation is at it's lowest ebb and the next few weeks will determine whether or not his 'statement' was genuine or simply something to take the sting out of a very sad moment in the club's recent history.

Time will tell.
First point. A majority of the signings have been loanee's. Where's the money gone?

Second, he's (Short....spit) a scheming non attending tw*t that couldn't give a toss quite literally about the club, how can he?

He needs to leave as I can only see things getting worse...he won't though...we'll at the moment as he'll have the parachute payment to collect. Mark my words, he'll be gone when that stops....watch this space....
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-05-01, 12:09 am

Roker roar wrote:
Argus wrote:Whilst this statement says all the right things it would be nice to think it was a sign of better things to come, however the speed with which it was delivered suggests it was probably drafted by someone in PR in readiness for the moment we fell.

Time will tell.
First point. A majority of the signings have been loanee's. Where's the money gone?

Second, he's (Short....spit) a scheming non attending tw*t that couldn't give a toss quite literally about the club, how can he?

He needs to leave as I can only see things getting worse...he won't though...we'll at the moment as he'll have the parachute payment to collect. Mark my words, he'll be gone when that stops....watch this space....

RR - 
1) Syphoned off possibly into associate companies through perfectly legal means silent
2) Doesn't need to as it's about the money & nothing else.
3) Shorts going nowhere as his investment to date is well ahead of that which he could gain from other investment opportunities otherwise he'd have already departed.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-05-01, 10:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Following confirmation of the club’s relegation from the Premier League today, Sunderland AFC chairman Ellis Short said: 
“Like any supporter, my initial reaction is one of sadness, disappointment, anger and frustration. After 10 consecutive seasons as a top-flight club, the second longest in our 138-year history, it is hard for everyone to take.
“It is an especially cruel blow for our supporters, who have shown tremendous faith in the club. They backed the team, home and away, in huge numbers throughout the season and it is fair to say this season they have once again been relentless in their support. I am truly sorry that we have not been able to retain our top-flight status for them. 
“I acknowledge that during my ownership mistakes have been made, particularly in the area of player recruitment, and as a result we have found ourselves struggling to survive in recent seasons. We had massive disruption during the summer transfer window and an unprecedented number of injuries throughout the season. These are difficulties which we have been unable to overcome and we are paying the price for that now. 
“We need to improve, both on and off the field, and despite the bitter disappointment of today there is a strong determination to do so throughout the club. There is significant work to be done over the summer and when the season is concluded, we intend to share our plans to move forward with our supporters”.
This bit intrigues me.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-05-01, 11:00 am

More fans villages Vinkel and all sorts of other crap that does nowt for the fans except take their hard earned.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-05-01, 12:18 pm

talcnturnip wrote:More fans villages Vinkel and all sorts of other crap that does nowt for the fans except take their hard earned.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-01, 12:21 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:More fans villages Vinkel and all sorts of other crap that does nowt for the fans except take their hard earned.
Well I was told on Saturday that next season the coaches go back to the old car park because the Fans Zone is being stopped.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum