Yesterday at 8:20 am by cyprussyd

» Well the deal is done.
2017-06-26, 10:18 pm by silvers

» wHAT IS THE sUNDERLAND CONNECTION ?
2017-06-26, 10:57 am by The Yakker

» No crisis say Short and Baine following meeting
2017-06-26, 10:08 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The aftermath

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The aftermath

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-29, 6:38 pm

From BBC live text this evening.

It is so annoying, to read all this and know how much of it is true, but have to say Garth Crooks must not have been watching us this season if he thinks keeping this team together would give us any hope of returning to the Premier League at the first time of asking! Shocked

'It was only a matter of time'

Sunderland 0-1 Bournemouth

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Garth Crooks
Former Spurs striker on Final Score
Posted at 16:55
Josh King has put Sunderland fans out of their misery. It was only a matter of time to be honest. 
What they have to do now is look forward and try to keep that side together. 
If he can he will bring that side back up at the first time of asking. It's a big "if" but it's possible.

'Sunderland lack identity'

Jason Roberts
Former West Brom striker on Final Score
Posted at 17:11
Those Sunderland fans are seeing a team and a club that I think has lacked leadership from the boardroom. 
That's why they have skipped from manager to manager with no real plan or identity. 
Maybe they need to go down, refocus, bring in some young hungry players and give a new "project" to the Premier League because Sunderland are a huge club and if they come back up next season, they will be a club many will fear.

'A miracle too far'

Sunderland
Posted at 17:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Getty Images

Sunderland captain John O'Shea: "We have come back a few times with some great fight backs but were't able to do it this season. 
"We are obviously distraught and it's not a nice feeling. 
"The league table never lies. Performances and results are the obvious thing that have brought us down.
"We haven't kept enough clean sheets as a team and needed another miracle run to save us but haven't been able to do it this season."

'It's a collective thing'

Sunderland
Posted at 17:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Reuters

Sunderland boss David Moyes: "I’m really disappointed. I feel for the supporters. They put their heart and cash into the team and my thoughts are mainly with the supporters.
"It’s a collective thing from top to bottom – it’s wrong to blame any individual. Clubs are much stronger than any one individual."

'Too quick' for talk about Moyes future

Sunderland
Posted at 17:21
David Moyes has been asked whether he will be Sunderland boss next season.
He hasn't given an outright 'yes'.
"To think about it and talk about it now is just too quick," he says.  
"They're questions for a week or two down the line - I'm not sure it's for now. I'd like to make sure we get Sunderland back in the Premier League."

'Changes in the summer'

Sunderland
Posted at 17:26

Getty Images

Sunderland captain John O'Shea:

"We had enough chances to take the lead and we were pushing at the end to get that goal. But then they killed us with the breakaway goal."You see the appreciation from the fans but you understand the disappointment. We never got the momentum. We haven’t got that win at the vital times to put other teams under pressure.
"Sunderland have been here a good few years now and the attitude will always be the togetherness of a family club. "There’s going to be changes in the summer. I’ve never been in this situation before in my career – it’s obviously disappointing but it’s a chance for the club to take stock of everything and bounce back and give the fans what they want, Premier League football."

'We are disappointed'

Sunderland
Posted at 17:29

Getty Images

Sunderland boss David Moyes speaking to Match of the Day: "It summed up our season. We played well for long parts. We had four or five good opportunities and did a good job.
"We’re all disappointed and I feel more for the supporters. We take collective responsibility from top to bottom.
"We’ll dust ourselves down and see what we have to do.
"I don't know what words you can say to the players. I told them they fought for the jersey. Because of that it's difficult to fault them.
"We’re disappointed with the level of performance all season. We’ll do everything we can to get it right."

'Are you the man?'

Posted at 17:30

Conor McNamara
ConorMcNamaraIE

Just asked David Moyes if he's the man to bring #SAFC back up next year? "That's a question for 3 weeks time. Need to reflect." #bbcfootball
4:25 p.m. - 29 April 2017

This is a great club'

Sunderland
Posted at 17:35

Reuters

Is Moyes up for he challenge of trying to get Sunderland back up?
"I think the plan when I sit down with the chairman is to look at how we can get the team back up. This is a great club and I feel for the supporters. We have to try and give them something to cheer about."

'I have no sympathy with Sunderland'

John Motson
Match of the Day commentator
Posted at 17:36
A club badly managed from above for the last four years. At least three managers have got them out of it at the end of the season. 
The rot set in at Sunderland a long time ago and it came right from the top. 
I have no sympathy with them - they deserved to do down. I just hope somebody, whether it's David Moyes - a new owner perhaps - has got the opportunity to bring them back. 
They have been a great club, they've got great fans but I'm afraid the way the club has been run, they've deserved what they got.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: The aftermath

Post  silvers on 2017-04-29, 6:50 pm

Strong words from motty

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-29, 6:59 pm

silvers wrote:Strong words from motty
Yes, I suspect he has inside knowledge and knows where the blame for this squarely lies.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-29, 7:00 pm

silvers wrote:Strong words from motty
I wonder what some of the pundits know we are not privy too.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-29, 7:01 pm

H got in 1st what I wanted to say.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 7:09 pm

I agree with Motty but have to be honest, I stuck with staying up until last game against Boro, from then on I am looking forward to the twists and turns, the Swansea game and the road ahead.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-29, 8:08 pm

For too many years we have been putting sticking plasters over major wounds in the need to stay up. Given the way the season has gone our relegation is giving the surgeons a chance to have a good look at how we really are. The finances are beyond my understanding so I will leave them to ES, but I am happy for Moyes to work on us on the football side with a fit squad with new players added.

If we are there or thereabouts next season it may show just how we suffered from the injury list and players not performing when big effort was needed.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-04-29, 9:34 pm

Nostalgic wrote:For too many years we have been putting sticking plasters over major wounds in the need to stay up. Given the way the season has gone our relegation is giving the surgeons a chance to have a good look at how we really are. The finances are beyond my understanding so I will leave them to ES, but I am happy for Moyes to work on us on the football side with a fit squad with new players added.

If we are there or thereabouts next season it may show just how we suffered from the injury list and players not performing when big effort was needed.

Injuries you keep saying. 
We've currently got over 40 contracted players who collectively have become unprofessional after signing contracts by not committing themselves to self improvement thus following in the footsteps of those now departed.

The sooner some are shown the door, the better for it SAFC will be should they wish a different culture, one where the pursuit of excellence is strived for as any failure to do so will only result in a continuing inward spiral downwards.

This is the least SAFC Supporters deserve given the proud working heritage of the region.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum