SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Kipper

» Walking Fottball
Yesterday at 6:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» I know we should be the last to call anyone
Yesterday at 8:58 am by oldblackcat

» Jermain Defoe World Class Goal for Bournemouth Against Palace .
Yesterday at 8:49 am by oldblackcat

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM
Yesterday at 8:43 am by sunderpitt

» January target ?
Yesterday at 8:33 am by cretanmakem

» Quiz 75
2017-12-09, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» It's bloody cold
2017-12-09, 8:35 pm by Billy D

» The Ashes Down Under
2017-12-09, 7:43 pm by Billy D

» Predicitons Week 16
2017-12-09, 6:51 am by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Championship Football.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Championship Football.

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 3:42 pm

I know to many I live in a very strange indeed sometimes unreal and unrealistic world.

It's a world forged from many years of finding stress in life, stress at work, stress that two long but ultimately failed marriages, stress of many let downs from people I  thought I could trust.

Somehow it turned me into a person living in a glass half full world who always trusts until a reason comes along not to trust, I then discard quickly. A person who enjoys solitude after years of being scared of being alone, I now have many acquaintances, am very well known in Coxhoe but very few close friends.

To get here I moved from a single minded selfish person who wanted success and material things more than anything, big house, big cars, probably an excellent Tory.

I had a short spell being bitter and angry at the world before a breakdown forced me to look at myself, my life, the journey I had been on and what it had done to me, I have been a very big believer in counseling ever since.

All of this brought me more by chance than planning to a little village named Coxhoe and to a place full of values from my childhood, respect for others, looking after the weak, honesty and above all a strong community spirit.

What as any of this got to do with life in the championship, well it makes me a glass half full person who knows that for me, anger, hate and bitterness are wasted emotions that will always hurt me more than the things or people I am angry at, hate or feel bitterness to.

For all of those reasons I kept on hoping for the winning sequence that would keep us in the premiership and I was happy to do so.

Last night well before full time that hope ended and from that point my half full, but realistic glass turned to championship football.

Under the present regime of Short and Moyes I don't expect big money being spent in the summer, neither do I expect a top 4 finish next season but, neither do I expect a bottom 8 finish. So hopefully some highs but few lows are in store for me next season.

Over the past few months I have had a quiet smile to myself when my hope was met with deluded, dreamer and bless.. The smile was because I felt myself in a far better, more peaceful place than the angry voices around me.

Today I am firm in my support for Sunderland, firm in my none support for Short and feel let down by Moyes but wont call for his sacking even I cant give him 100% support, some things are out of my control mso I don't concern myself with them greatly.

The same life journey also brought me very close, very, very close to the injustice I see all around me, poverty, foodbanks, an almost broken NHS held together by people who deserve far, far more than they are getting and the disgraceful inhuman attacks on the vulnerable and disabled.

i'm fortunate that I don't need foodbanks and I am not in poverty but many are, I hope that life's journey has made me a better person and I hope my my football teams journey will ensure we become a better run more caring club, maybe even an occasonal winning club.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Championship Football.

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-04-27, 4:02 pm

we will still have a team to support albeit in the championship. My wish is the club finally sorts itself out and returns back to the prem whenever that is and finally be able to compete.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-27, 4:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I know to many I live in a very strange indeed sometimes unreal and unrealistic world.

It's a world forged from many years of finding stress in life, stress at work, stress that two long but ultimately failed marriages, stress of many let downs from people I  thought I could trust.

Somehow it turned me into a person living in a glass half full world who always trusts until a reason comes along not to trust, I then discard quickly. A person who enjoys solitude after years of being scared of being alone, I now have many acquaintances, am very well known in Coxhoe but very few close friends.

To get here I moved from a single minded selfish person who wanted success and material things more than anything, big house, big cars, probably an excellent Tory.

I had a short spell being bitter and angry at the world before a breakdown forced me to look at myself, my life, the journey I had been on and what it had done to me, I have been a very big believer in counseling ever since.

All of this brought me more by chance than planning to a little village named Coxhoe and to a place full of values from my childhood, respect for others, looking after the weak, honesty and above all a strong community spirit.

What as any of this got to do with life in the championship, well it makes me a glass half full person who knows that for me, anger, hate and bitterness are wasted emotions that will always hurt me more than the things or people I am angry at, hate or feel bitterness to.

For all of those reasons I kept on hoping for the winning sequence that would keep us in the premiership and I was happy to do so.

Last night well before full time that hope ended and from that point my half full, but realistic glass turned to championship football.

Under the present regime of Short and Moyes I don't expect big money being spent in the summer, neither do I expect a top 4 finish next season but, neither do I expect a bottom 8 finish. So hopefully some highs but few lows are in store for me next season.

Over the past few months I have had a quiet smile to myself when my hope was met with deluded, dreamer and bless.. The smile was because I felt myself in a far better, more peaceful place than the angry voices around me.

Today I am firm in my support for Sunderland, firm in my none support for Short and feel let down by Moyes but wont call for his sacking even I cant give him 100% support, some things are out of my control mso I don't concern myself with them greatly.

The same life journey also brought me very close, very, very close to the injustice I see all around me, poverty, foodbanks, an almost broken NHS held together by people who deserve far, far more than they are getting and the disgraceful inhuman attacks on the vulnerable and disabled.

i'm fortunate that I don't need foodbanks and I am not in poverty but many are, I hope that life's journey has made me a better person and I hope my my football teams journey will ensure we become a better run more caring club, maybe even an occasonal winning club.

Sound.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-04-27, 4:35 pm

An excellent post Syd.
It really was.

For many of us though we have not been angry.. just very very disappointed from August onwards when it was apparent that our owner was once again playing Russian roulette with our beloved club.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 4:45 pm

silvers wrote:An excellent post Syd.
It really was.

For many of us though we have not been angry.. just very very disappointed from August onwards when it was apparent that our owner was once again playing Russian roulette with our beloved club.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-27, 5:45 pm

silvers wrote:An excellent post Syd.
It really was.

Exactly like
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-27, 9:34 pm

As others have stated an excellent post Syd.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-27, 10:38 pm

Our wretched injury list is being conveniently left out of the latest rounds of criticisms of owner and manager.  We started the season with missing players, exacerbated by long term injuries picked up in the first half dozen games.  We were reportedly trying t sign players in January and could not attract who we wanted leading to more emergency signings of who was available and to possibly to get out the rock and a hard place situation Moyes signed those surplus at his old club.  Common sense to me as at least they were a known quantity.  They haven't worked, but who could predict that?

We have flirted with the drop long enough and this is the season it has happened.  People can point out our worst results as the main level we are at, but how many have been a much closer call where the game could have goen either way.  It has been obvious for years we lack quality up front but with strikers costing what they do our budget could be blown on one player who would suffer from lack of service.

We need a team capable of playing football and Moyes has searched for this unsuccessfully, but once those lads cross the white line the game is up to them.  Any manager can rant and rave but this can be a distraction if they are constantly receiving changes of instruction to the match strategy. They were at their lowest against Boro but not one of the players put themselves forward as a leader.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum