SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!
Today at 10:54 am by cyprussyd

» The person we should all feel sorry for
Today at 10:46 am by cyprussyd

» SUNDERLAND V LEEDS- Matchday Thread
Today at 10:14 am by silvers

» Carlisle United v Sunderland AFC
Today at 9:17 am by cyprussyd

» Condolences Vince
Today at 9:14 am by Vincemac

» If you read nothing else today you must read this
Yesterday at 9:04 pm by Nostalgic

» Results - Midweek
Yesterday at 4:49 pm by Mackemneil

» Friends, Mackems and Sunderpitt
Yesterday at 3:24 pm by sunderpitt

» Right at the back of your mind
Yesterday at 1:45 pm by The Yakker

» Everton ,,,,, Bradley ,,,,,,
Yesterday at 11:14 am by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, talcnturnip, Vincemac, vinkel

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Not going to the SOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not going to the SOL

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 10:23 am

A growing number of fans are saying no more with a few blaming Short and refusing to,"Put a penny more into his pockets", sorry don't buy it.

Stop going because,

We are crap
I no longer enjoy it
I have better things to do

I can understand and accept all of those but I cant see how my £250 season ticket and chicken wrap purchase will affect multi billionaire Short.

An empty stadium would hurt him is often said. Well he is trying to sell so what more can we do to hurt him.

I would argue that a half full or empty stadium will hinder the sale not enhance it so could actually mean we are stuck with Short even longer.

Sunderland AFC were formed in 1879, long before Short and will be here long after him.

So I would argue that my attendance at games is in support of my club, not Shorts and it's future is far more important than who the owner is.

The bottom line for me is not the owner, the manager or the players, its do I still enjoy my day out despite the football, I still do so will still go. Only health of enjoyment will change that not an American who no longer loves me, in this divorce I get to keep the house and he moves out.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not going to the SOL

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-27, 10:30 am

I am a season ticket holder and I am renewing foe next season 

Atm as we are so poor and hardly score it is not much fun at the SoL, so at present i am ducking games if i have something more pleasant to do

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2017-04-27, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 10:36 am

sunderpitt wrote:I am a season ticket holder and I am renewing foe next season 

Atm as we are so poor and hardly score it is not much fun at the SoL, so at present i am d7cking games if i have something more pleasant to do
Go to the games, you are far to old for Saturday afternoon dicking

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-04-27, 11:39 am

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be led

Stan Laurel
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-27, 11:57 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I am a season ticket holder and I am renewing foe next season 

Atm as we are so poor and hardly score it is not much fun at the SoL, so at present i am d7cking games if i have something more pleasant to do
Go to the games, you are far to old for Saturday afternoon dicking

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-27, 12:12 pm

Aye, I do have better things to do, and more important things to spend my money on. And yes, I live far away and yes, we are crap, and yes I have stopped enjoying football, but my main reason for not going is Ellis Short taking us all for mugs. I know it is a small protest which means little to Short, but withdrawing even a small amount of financial support is all is we supporters have left to protest with!

Edmund Burke is supposed to have said "the only thing necessary for evil to succeed is for good men (sic) to do nothing" While I am not calling Ellis Short 'evil', I am saying he is no good for our club and never has been. Roy Keane got his measure immediately and he does not suffer fools gladly! So, in my mind, I am doing something to make my feelings known, not standing by hoping for the best, while Ellis Short treats our club and our supporters like dumb, cash cows who don't know any better. Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-27, 12:13 pm

The Yakker wrote:You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be led

Stan Laurel
Graphite actually, but then that doesn't make sense Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 12:15 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Aye, I do have better things to do, and more important things to spend my money on. And yes, I live far away and yes, we are crap, and yes I have stopped enjoying football, but my main reason for not going is Ellis Short taking us all for mugs. I know it is a small protest which means little to Short, but withdrawing even a small amount of financial support is all is we supporters have left to protest with!

Edmund Burke is supposed to have said "the only thing necessary for evil to succeed is for good men (sic) to do nothing" While I am not calling Ellis Short 'evil', I am saying he is no good for our club and never has been. Roy Keane got his measure immediately and he does not suffer fools gladly! So, in my mind, I am doing something to make my feelings known, not standing by hoping for the best, while Ellis Short treats our club and our supporters like dumb, cash cows who don't know any better. Mad
I guess the question is who supports the club best, those who keep going or those who stay away?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-27, 12:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Aye, I do have better things to do, and more important things to spend my money on. And yes, I live far away and yes, we are crap, and yes I have stopped enjoying football, but my main reason for not going is Ellis Short taking us all for mugs. I know it is a small protest which means little to Short, but withdrawing even a small amount of financial support is all is we supporters have left to protest with!

I guess the question is who supports the club best, those who keep going or those who stay away?
No, let's not start that argument you little fisherman you! Very Happy

As a parent sometimes you do things that hurt for the long term good. That is what I am doing.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-04-27, 12:39 pm

Luckily  (for non footballing reasons ) i haven't been to a game this season, phew.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 12:48 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

No, let's not start that argument you little fisherman you! Very Happy

As a parent sometimes you do things that hurt for the long term good. That is what I am doing.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-27, 3:05 pm

Syd enjoys his day at the SoL so nobody should tell him to stop. I probably won't go again this season as my son won't enjoy it, but we'll be back next year.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-04-27, 3:07 pm

Kipper wrote:Syd enjoys his day at the SoL so nobody should tell him to stop. I probably won't go again this season as my son won't enjoy it, but we'll be back next year.

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 3:11 pm

Kipper wrote:Syd enjoys his day at the SoL so nobody should tell him to stop. I probably won't go again this season as my son won't enjoy it, but we'll be back next year.
TBH I dont have any problem with anyone not going but I just find the reason of not putting a penny more into Shorts pocket as a strange reason.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-27, 4:08 pm

More or less mirrors what I said last week....sort has been a disaster and has run the club into the ground.....he will be no worse off....club staff, the trade in Sunderland, the supporters in terms of standard of football they (not we) are going to be watching is all down to him...There is worse to come unless the u23's can step up as he'll only keep taking till day he finally moves on. God I look forward to that day. But those of you who will, feel free to divert the blame elsewhere....the buck stops with him. I pray I never set eyes on him.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-27, 8:33 pm

I probably will go over but I honestly feel like just staying in the pub.

I have renewed my season ticket for next season but why go over at the minute to watch our alleged footballers huff n puff their way thru a game before losing yet again
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 8:42 pm

gil t azell wrote:I probably will go over but I honestly feel like just staying in the pub.

I have renewed my season ticket for next season but why go over at the minute to watch our alleged footballers huff n puff their way thru a game before losing yet again
Because they may win and you would hate to miss it

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-27, 9:09 pm

gil t azell wrote:I probably will go over but I honestly feel like just staying in the pub.

That is where I am....i just do not enjoy watching us being rubbish and not being able to do anything about it.

When my golf game is crap  (It is often so) i go to the range and have a lesson to sort my form out. Our football this season is beyond belief...
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum