SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 7
Today at 10:50 pm by Hieronymus

» Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread
Today at 10:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Mark Sampson sacked
Today at 10:10 pm by Nostalgic

» It seems its not always about money
Today at 7:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions week 9
Today at 6:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predicitons Mid week 7
Today at 6:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 6:25 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Good read from Phil Smith
Today at 5:00 pm by Billy D

» Could this be the team
Today at 4:05 pm by cyprussyd

» The Martin Bain Interview
Today at 11:42 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, Hieronymus, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

David Moyes won't quit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Moyes won't quit

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 7:29 am

David Moyes won't quit after fans turn on him in Sunderland's defeat to Middlesbrough 

RICHARD MENNEAR Email 22:44Wednesday 26 April 2017 16 

Defiant David Moyes says he won't quit as Sunderland manager despite fans again turning on him in the 1-0 Tees-Wear derby defeat to Middlesbrough. 

Defeat leaves Sunderland - 12 points adrift of safety with five games to go - on the brink of relegation to the Championship. Sunderland were beaten 1-0 by Middlesbrough And the Black Cats could be relegated as early as Saturday if Hull City better Sunderland's result. 
But the under-fire Scot, who was subjected to loud chants of "We want Moyesy out" at the Riverside, says he will not stand down as Sunderland boss. Fans had also jeered Moyes in the 2-2 draw with West Ham United but they were far more sustained in the dismal defeat to relegation rivals Middlesbrough, a first half Marten de Roon goal proving the difference. 

When asked about the chants against him, the Scot said: "When you're manager and bottom of the league it's expected but this is the first time it's happened at any club I've been at." When pressed on whether he would stand down, the former Everton and Manchester United boss said: "No I'm here, I'm the manager and I take it on the chin. "Nobody wants to win more than me, I'm used to winning and not used to losing - I don't want to get used to it either." The Sunderland players were also criticised by the sold-out travelling support at the final whistle with chants of "You're not fit to wear the shirt". 

Moyes defended the performance of his players, adding: "If they [the fans] think that, I wouldn't have said that and would've supported the players tonight. "They fought for the jersey tonight, every one - I can't name one player who didn't." 

Sunderland have five games to go this season with Bournemouth the visitors on Saturday before games against fourth-bottom Hull City away on May 6 and then a home game with Swansea City (May 13) before a difficult end to the season away to Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of five days. Moyes said: "You need to win (to restore confidence), I'm a football supporter - you don't want to see your team lose. "We lost but there's ways to lose and the players put in a performance that would've given us a chance to win other games. "If we played like tonight in other games we'd have got more points. "When people do 14 or 15 years in PL and how their record stacks up, that's how you judge people."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: David Moyes won't quit

Post  Lever Malone on 2017-04-27, 7:47 am

"We lost but there's ways to lose and the players put in a performance that would've given us a chance to win other games. "If we played like tonight in other games we'd have got more points. "

Moyes has been saying this game after game after game but the basic fact, which he keeps ignoring, is that we didn't win these games and in most cases lost them. The main problem is for the last two seasons, at least, we have been relying on one player to score goals and carry the rest of the team now he has gone off the boil we have no one to take over the mantle. 

Personally I would rather see us play not so well and win than, as Moyes says, put in a performance and lose, 
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-27, 7:52 am

Of course he wont quit.
He's in line for a big fat pay off when the axe eventually falls which is inevitable.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-27, 8:47 am

Lever Malone wrote:"We lost but there's ways to lose and the players put in a performance that would've given us a chance to win other games. "If we played like tonight in other games we'd have got more points. "

Moyes has been saying this game after game after game but the basic fact, which he keeps ignoring, is that we didn't win these games and in most cases lost them. The main problem is for the last two seasons, at least, we have been relying on one player to score goals and carry the rest of the team now he has gone off the boil we have no one to take over the mantle. 

Personally I would rather see us play not so well and win than, as Moyes says, put in a performance and lose, 
We're so bad we deserve to go down 2 divisions.

I had held out hope that Pickford, or even Defoe, might stay next year for sentimental reasons. Who am I kidding? They'd need to be insane. As for Moyes, I'm edging towards the out camp. Definitely want rid of the likes of Cattermole, O'Shea and Larsson who have been a part of the disaster for too long.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum