SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Kipper

» Walking Fottball
Yesterday at 6:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» I know we should be the last to call anyone
Yesterday at 8:58 am by oldblackcat

» Jermain Defoe World Class Goal for Bournemouth Against Palace .
Yesterday at 8:49 am by oldblackcat

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM
Yesterday at 8:43 am by sunderpitt

» January target ?
Yesterday at 8:33 am by cretanmakem

» Quiz 75
2017-12-09, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» It's bloody cold
2017-12-09, 8:35 pm by Billy D

» The Ashes Down Under
2017-12-09, 7:43 pm by Billy D

» Predicitons Week 16
2017-12-09, 6:51 am by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Who agrees with David?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who agrees with David?

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-26, 10:05 pm

Sunderland manager David Moyes speaking to Match of the Day: "We didn’t get a good result but I thought we played well. We limited Boro to no opportunities other than the goal. It was a poor goal that we gave away but I cant fault the players or their efforts.
"Sometimes small things make the biggest difference. We conceded the goal but after that we were on and played well."
On maintaining their Premier League status: "While there's a chance, we’ll keep going, while there’s games to win. Good performances lead to results, that’s the way it goes.
"I think we’ve had a couple of pretty good performances in the last few games. We know our position, we’re not daft, we know exactly where we are. We have to try and pick up every win.
"I’m experienced enough. I’ve never been in this position before so it’s new to me as well. It’s something I’m not enjoying. I’d like to say I win more often than not. I can't say its something I enjoy"

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Who agrees with David?

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-26, 10:07 pm

Nipples.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-26, 10:12 pm

Sick of changing managers but this bloke instils no confidence in anybody. 
Has he been told to be negative and to upset the players to ensure we go down and then get rid of all the established players and to bring a load of younguns thru and build a team from scratch?  Just so bloody negative and his post matches conferences are becoming as big a joke as our team are right now.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-26, 10:14 pm

Not me. Didn't watch but it sounded dire and cannot agree we played well Mad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-26, 10:16 pm

gil t azell wrote:Sick of changing managers but this bloke instils no confidence in anybody. 
Has he been told to be negative and to upset the players to ensure we go down and then get rid of all the established players and to bring a load of younguns thru and build a team from scratch?  Just so bloody negative and his post matches conferences are becoming as big a joke as our team are right now.
I was chatting to Barrow and Kiwi during the match and said I think Moyes is doing it deliberately. Maybe he wants to get himself sacked. Maybe he knows he is so far out of his depth that he also wants to be put out of his misery Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-26, 10:41 pm

Moyes & Shorty are both arseholes.
Moyes is a bit like a skid mark when you haven't wiped your arse properly. Might need to change your bed next day.
Short is like a winnet that you just can't get rid of properly when you've been for a shit.
A big lump of crap you just can't get shot of.
Just keeps hanging on to your arse grapes.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-04-26, 11:51 pm

Billy D wrote:Moyes & Shorty are both arseholes.
Moyes is a bit like a skid mark when you haven't wiped your arse properly. Might need to change your bed next day.
Short is like a winnet that you just can't get rid of properly when you've been for a shit.
A big lump of crap you just can't get shot of.
Just keeps hanging on to your arse grapes.
Ha  Billy
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-04-26, 11:53 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland manager David Moyes speaking to Match of the Day: "We didn’t get a good result but I thought we played well. We limited Boro to no opportunities other than the goal. It was a poor goal that we gave away but I cant fault the players or their efforts.
"Sometimes small things make the biggest difference. We conceded the goal but after that we were on and played well."
On maintaining their Premier League status: "While there's a chance, we’ll keep going, while there’s games to win. Good performances lead to results, that’s the way it goes.
"I think we’ve had a couple of pretty good performances in the last few games. We know our position, we’re not daft, we know exactly where we are. We have to try and pick up every win.
"I’m experienced enough. I’ve never been in this position before so it’s new to me as well. It’s something I’m not enjoying. I’d like to say I win more often than not. I can't say its something I enjoy"

You forgot to paste the rest of the Official SAFC email....NO BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now they're just taking the piss  Evil or Very Mad

Ps. At least they're genuine SAFC EPL Shirts which won't be available again  Rolling Eyes

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-04-27, 4:42 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland manager David Moyes speaking to Match of the Day: "We didn’t get a good result but I thought we played well. We limited Boro to no opportunities other than the goal. It was a poor goal that we gave away but I cant fault the players or their efforts.

You forgot to paste the rest of the Official SAFC email....NO BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now they're just taking the piss  Evil or Very Mad

Ps. At least they're genuine SAFC EPL Shirts which won't be available again  Rolling Eyes
Maybe  bullshit and taking the piss but for a tenner as Billy D said its worth it if it gets rids of the 'winnet' called Moyes from my arse .
His comments after the match tell all ,,,, he is a fkn numpty , clueless and I don't care our turnover of managers this one has got to go . If Short tosser likes him so much he can buy an MSL team and take the ginga with him and ALL his buys . Waste of good fkn air both of em .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 4:45 pm

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-27, 5:27 pm

Don't agree at all defence terrible midfield missing attack marked out of the game keeper decent could have been 2 or 3 zip.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-28, 3:34 pm

@SkySports_Keith
When asked if he'll quit if Sunderland are relegated, David Moyes says the end of the season will be the time to talk about his future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-28, 7:07 pm

cyprussyd wrote:@SkySports_Keith
When asked if he'll quit if Sunderland are relegated, David Moyes says the end of the season will be the time to talk about his future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe I am cynical but that's the answer of a man who knows he is leaving, one way or another.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-28, 7:09 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:@SkySports_Keith

Maybe I am cynical but that's the answer of a man who knows he is leaving, one way or another.
Yesterday he was here for the long haul.
Today accounts show 33mil loss.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-28, 7:11 pm

In fact I just have seen this article in the Guardian, which makes it even clearer!

David Moyes indicates he could leave Sunderland at end of the season
• Manager says he will make decision on future once this campaign is over
• Sunderland could be relegated to the Championship on Saturday
David Moyes said the view of the fans would not shape his decision on his future at Sunderland. Photograph: Owen Humphreys/PA 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Friday 28 April 2017 17.44 BST   Last modified on Friday 28 April 2017 18.29 BST 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has indicated he may leave Sunderland at the end of the season. His team could be relegated to the Championship on Saturday and the manager was noncommittal when asked whether he would definitely be in charge in August.
“I would say that I would make that decision at the end of the season,” said Moyes, who signed a four-year deal in July. “Because, at this moment in time, it would be the wrong time to say that. I just have a situation where we need to see how things are at the end of the season. I will assess the situation at the end of the season.”

Sunderland fans expose David Moyes’ decline and could spark his fall

Sunderland host Bournemouth on Saturday and will go down if they fail to at least match Hull City’s result at Southampton. Sections of the Sunderland fans at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] turned on Moyes, the owner Ellis Short and the players, but Moyes said the fans’ view would not shape his decision on his future. There were also calls for his dismissal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]this month. “It will never be because of the supporters,” he said.
“I totally appreciate supporters because I’m a football supporter, and I take responsibility. But I also feel that the responsibility should be shared and if it was only directed at the manager, then I would be saying it’s probably not correct.
“But, being a football supporter, the manager is probably an easy target – that’s it. I’m the public front. Twelve months ago everyone was saying the best appointment was David Moyes. No one was saying it wasn’t. It has changed a bit in the last couple of weeks, maybe before that, because of the position we’re in, but you keep going in these situations. You don’t enjoy it. But there’s only one place I want to be on Saturday and that’s somewhere around my technical area.”
Moyes admitted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], with one victory since mid-December, had forgotten how to win and said the team’s plight was agonising. “Oh, it hurts me, it hurts me totally. I’m certainly not smiling and laughing and enjoying myself. You want to have a winning feeling. Maybe we’ve forgotten how to do that. We have forgotten how to win. We have got to find that and we have got to get it back quickly.”
He emphasised, though, that Sunderland also needed to focus on matters beyond the here and now. “A long-term plan is definitely needed for this football club. Unfortunately, a lot of people want to talk about it, but they don’t actually want to see that this is the way it has to happen. But we will put it in place. There are a lot of things done behind the scenes we are trying to improve on.”
He added: “Sometimes change is [painful] and time in the modern life we work and live in is maybe not a thing there’s an awful lot of.”
 Sunderland’s net debt fell by £23m despite the club’s loss after tax of £33m during the last financial year, their latest annual accounts have revealed. The club made an operating profit of £1.5m and reduced the debt burden from £133.2m to £110.4m during the year to 31 July 2016.
The figures do not include player amortisation and trading costs of £38.3m incurred during the last summer transfer window. They pre-date the arrivals of Moyes and Martin Bain, the chief executive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-28, 7:24 pm

Sunderland boss David Moyes: Decisions will be taken at end of season but there's a rebuilding programme in place 

Moyes has faced calls for his sacking by fans at the last two games PHIL SMITH Email 14:59Friday 28 April 2017 

David Moyes says he and Sunderland will have many decisions to make in the summer, but insists a rebuilding programme is in place. The Sunderland boss has faced fan ire in recent weeks, but insisted after the 1-0 defeat to Middlesbrough that he will not walk away from the club. 

Moyes said the end of the season would be time to talk about his future but continued to assert the important of turning around Sunderland's fortunes in the long-term. He said: "Everyone is aware of the problems at the club. I’ve said today, all decisions will be taken at the end of the season, we’ll look at things, there’s certainly a building programme in place here now and there needs to be.

We have to get it back up, we have to get Sunderland winning in the Premier League, winning games more than we have been. "We need to win games and I hope that’s enough to keep us in the Premier League, but if doesn’t we have to get some momentum, to go into the Premier League or the Championship with that momentum." Moyes has spoken regularly about turning around the long-term failings of the club and echoed that sentiment again on Friday, with Sunderland possible facing relegation on Saturday afternoon. 

He insists that responsibility for the club's demise must be shared but knows more anger could be on the way between now and the end of the season. He said: "Sunderland have been down before, they've been up, so fans know the situation. We have to try and get things right so the long-term project means there's a better future. "I think a lot of managers here have had frustrations, the fans have got big frustrations, I’m a fan myself and I know what it is like. I’m a fan myself and I know what it’s like when the team you support are not doing so well. The responsibility falls on the manager obviously, I do think it should be shared responsibility but I’ll be the one there on the touchline. "If you want to be a football manager then you’re going to have ups and downs, I've tasted the top end of the league and now I’m tasting the bottom, I think in life you go through your trials and tribulations and this is certainly one of those."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum