SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!
Yesterday at 11:37 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 4
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 3
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by cyprussyd

» Our future is rooted in our history
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bit of a blow
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 60
Yesterday at 9:16 pm by Hieronymus

» League Table Week 3
Yesterday at 8:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Jerry Lewis RIP
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by canary-dave

» Quiz 59
Yesterday at 6:31 pm by Vincemac

» Results - Midweek
Yesterday at 5:43 pm by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

Hieronymus

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland v Bournemouth.--Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunderland v Bournemouth.--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-26, 9:46 pm

Fool that I am I will be there.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Bournemouth.--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-26, 9:55 pm

How could Sunderland go down?

Sunderland will be relegated at the weekend if:

• They lose to Bournemouth and Hull avoid defeat at Southampton

• They lose to Bournemouth and Swansea - who play on Sunday - beat Manchester United

• They draw with Bournemouth and Hull win at Southampton

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-26, 10:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

How could Sunderland go down?

Sunderland will be relegated at the weekend if:

• They lose to Bournemouth and Hull avoid defeat at Southampton

• They lose to Bournemouth and Swansea - who play on Sunday - beat Manchester United

• They draw with Bournemouth and Hull win at Southampton

Cannot come quick enough for me. Sad I know, but am sick of this season and sick of the whole lot of them Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 7:08 am

I must admit that I still look forward to match day despite everything but this one could well turn nasty.

An early goal from Bournemouth, more than possible, will see the crowd turn with both Short, probably not there and Moye the main targets.

The Middlesbrough game con firmed a few things that we already knew,

• Started well but fight stopped when Boro scored and headless chickens started.
  • Better second half but its always a better second half.
  • Any quality none existent.

We know we need a big turnover with any player worth keeping sold and the rest not good enough even for championship football and a manager who has lost the little support he had.

For me they all have two more home games and Hull to show me why they should still be Sunderland employees next season and I'm honestly looking forward to see if any can convince me but I doubt they will.

My guess would be that Moyes, if he is still here, will stick with the same team one more time but if they fail again, I fear they will, will start introducing the kids and plan for next season.

I don't feel the anger of many, some disappointment yes but no anger, it's a wasted emotion and one I tried to leave behind some years ago.

I do however fear for the future, despite many bad times this may well be the worst with a owner who wants out, a manager most want out and a squad of players who have consistently let the club and fans down. I don't see a quick return unless we get rid of the lot, owner certainly and I assume any new owners will want their own manager.

In a macabre sort of way I find it all interesting and a real life soap opera worth watching so season ticket renewed.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-27, 9:20 am

I agree with you Syd, our next game could get very ugly indeed and I too fear for the future, because we are on our way to being the next Leeds or Notts Forest or Derby or Sheffield Wednesday etc. Crying or Very sad

Yes, it is all interesting: how supporters have taken this long to react, hoodwinked by talk of 'stability' (no coincidence the Tories have nicked that catchphrase!) into accepting dross on the pitch;  how fragile our players are mentally under this manager, yet under Sam they seemed so much stronger; how the manager bought poorly and talked a bad game, sending negatve vibes echoed right through the club from day one of the season; how the owner stays in the shadows, rakes in the cash, and does nothing to make us feel there is even a plan for the future; how the new CEO spouts platitudes, while making club staff redundant; and how they all try to justify themselves, largely without ever accepting any blame for themselves.

I am sad and angry, not at the club, the players, or even Moyes, but with Short, who is ultimately accountable for the mess we are in. I will not go back to the SOL until Short has gone as I will not put another penny of my money into his pockets.

Aye, interesting times ahead, but I expect it to get a bit bumpy from here on in Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-27, 9:35 am

I hope Bournemouth win.
Finally put us out of out fkn misery.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-27, 11:19 am

Don't worry mate they will.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-27, 10:35 pm

No hiding place for Sunderland AFC on Saturday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

John O'Shea: Sunderland's attitude not in question but we must stand up and be counted
CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-28, 3:12 pm

@SunderlandAFC
MOYES: "Cattermole, Gibson, Rodwell and Denayer have injuries which we will have to take a look at later today."

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 8:00 am

Well fellow mugwumpers the day we all look forward to is here again, it's match day.

Our heroes will be excitedly eating their breakfasts in anticipation of another glorious victory,, a scintillating display of the game we call football that will see a packed stadium on their feet in appreciation.

Our leader, the boy David will be ready to inspire, motivate and get emotional as he enters the arena to the sound of 40,000 fans singing his name, "DAVID, DAVID, DAVID", Ellis in the directors bow will no doubt have a tear in his eye.

Around 14.05 our team of top sportsmen will enter the arena to warm applause and we will wonder at their athleticism as they go through their warm up routines then they will leave the field and the excitement will grow, then dance of the kings will start,

Enter the teams, hand shakes and then the huddle that Bournemouth will do, we dont need that sort of togetherness, we are above that.

The referee blows, the game starts, our heroes attack, they are up for the fight then, yes there is always a then,

Bournemouth score, our heroes become villains, the headless chicken dance starts and in our heads we here,

The fans respond with, "Are you watching Ellis Short, "Moyes out, Moyes out" and in the east stand, upper 8, pensioners corner there is no noise just shaking of heads and smiles that say,"Here we go again, seen it all before, after all, this is Sunderland"

The bus ride home will be talk of next season, that pub we use in Sheffield, has anyone actually been to Burton, at least we still have the smogs to play.

The end.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-04-29, 8:04 am

I will be there to see if this comes true safc.....am I mad???.....probably Laughing
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 8:08 am

oldblackcat wrote:I will be there to see if this comes true safc.....am I mad???.....probably Laughing
Its like a gripping drama, we all know the ending but we are hoping for a twist that wont come. I always find it does not hurt the same when amongst friends and fellow sufferers.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-29, 8:09 am

I will be there.

I agree with what Billy says. Lets get it over and done with.

I will however have had a right skinful prior to going over. Its the only way I can do it at the minute.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 8:12 am

gil t azell wrote:I will be there.

I will however have had a right skinful prior to going over. Its the only way I can do it at the minute.
hahaha, you say that as if you actually mean it, what about all those other games

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-29, 8:53 am

Not going won't be listening or watching either seen too many relegations now so will be watching Army v Navy rugby on the box with a few beers and if the weather gets up a BBQ.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-29, 9:46 am

GRea post Syd, sums it all up Very Happy 

I will be listening on radio and will chat on Chatbox with anyone that signs in.

It is very painful being a Sunderland supporter right now, but it is like driving slowly past a car crash, you don't want to look but you just have to tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 10:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-29, 11:05 am

If we get beat  & Hull win that's it, job done.
Hope it happens.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 11:14 am

Billy D wrote:

Hope it happens.
I will be there and win,lose or draw will come home smiling to enjoy a nice dinner and then the Joshua fight.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-29, 11:21 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:

Hope it happens.
I will be there and win,lose or draw will come home smiling to enjoy a nice dinner and then the Joshua fight.
What you having for your dinner?
Liver & bacon for me.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 11:23 am

Enjoy your day boy's and girl's, I'm off to catch the bus, meet up with fellow sufferers and enjoy my day whatever the outcome.

KTF & FTM
ack ack ack ack ack ack

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-29, 3:22 pm

Chatbox open if anyone interested? Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-29, 3:29 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Chatbox open if anyone interested? Smile
Sorry H normally at match but for reasons that nobody need know I'm not. 

To be honest I'm not even bothered. I would honestly prefer Hull to win and us to draw to confirm relegation. Not even watching it.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-29, 3:44 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Chatbox open if anyone interested? Smile
Sorry H normally at match but for reasons that nobody need know I'm not. 

To be honest I'm not even bothered. I would honestly prefer Hull to win and us to draw to confirm relegation. Not even watching it.
Oh hope all is okay Gil Surprised

I am on Chatbox anyway talking to myself! I am nly listening to radio but sounds like we are doing quite well TBH. Defoe has had a few shots and should have scored really. Mind Bournemouth have had one off the underside of the bar and another one cleared off the line. So quite exciting really. Smile

Take care anyway Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-29, 4:56 pm

Not our worst performance but relegation confirmed by a late Josh King goal (from a sloppy pass by Kone ... grrrr...) together with a missed penalty by Tadic of Southampton.

Glad the pain is now over and we can look forward to next season, whoever is in charge, and whatever players we can muster for the team Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum