SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D, canary-dave, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sad News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sad News

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-26, 6:54 pm

Sir David Attenborough makes heartbreaking announcement about his health

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The voice of Sir David Frederick Attenborough has resonated with audiences for more than 60 years, but the 91-year-old broadcaster made a heartbreaking revelation this week.
In an interview with the Telegraph, Attenborough revealed that he’s struggling to recall “proper names” while writing scripts for a new series. The classic naturalist has been traveling the globe even into his nineties preparing for the highly anticipated Blue Planet II. He is concerned about growing memory issues but says he’s “coming to terms” with the problem. “There were these searing yellow fields and I can’t think of the damn name,” he said to The Sunday Telegraph 24. “I wanted to say something about it but I couldn’t and it wasn’t until we got quite close to Geneva that I thought, of course, oil seed rape.”
Attenborough also told reporters that he refuses to use the internet or even write emails. “I’m not a big fan of electronic communication. When it comes to making television programmes, I like to think that I know what the latest gear is and what tomorrow’s latest gear is, but maybe I’m deceiving myself.”
Despite the inevitable complications that come with age, Attenborough insists on doing everything he can to promote conservation. “Everyone must do what they can because it’s the most valuable thing we have got, whether your 60 years old or 106.”
Attenborough is aware that he won’t be around forever, but he’s confident the next generation will do what’s right. “I’m optimistic because of children. I see a lot of children, children write to me, and it is my impression that over the last 60 years, they have become aware, and it is their belief that the natural world is their inheritance.”
In last year’s interview with the BBC, Attenborough discusses the effect of conservation and how the movement has grown with modern technology.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sad News

Post  canary-dave on 2017-04-26, 7:34 pm

Sad news indeed, I'd love to see him making many new programmes for as many years as I can manage to stay alive!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum