SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» I had a dream
Today at 2:26 pm by Hieronymus

» 4.50 Saturday and then
Today at 2:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Grayson out
Today at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:25 am by Silvers

» Mr H will be delighted
Today at 9:57 am by Hieronymus

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

» word is
Yesterday at 6:51 pm by talcnturnip

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 6:18 pm by Silvers

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, Hieronymus

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

General Election

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Election

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-06-05, 10:33 pm

He is cetainly one to speak his mind:

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-06, 6:38 pm

MAY COULD FACE LOSS OF SEAT OVER #ABBOTT COMMENT ELECTORAL BREACH #GE17 #BBCQT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] · by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] · Bookmark the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. ·

As the SKWAWKBOX [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sunday, Theresa May has been reported to police over false claims she made during Friday’s BBC Question Time special about Diane Abbott and police DNA records.
May told the studio audience and millions of viewers around the country that Abbott had advocated the removal of the DNA samples of ‘criminals and terrorists’ from police databases – an accusation that is completely untrue.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Theresa May during last Friday’s BBC Question Time special

Making false statements about a candidate’s ‘character or conduct’ during an election campaign is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983.
Paul Cardin of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] blog reported the matter initially to the Metropolitan Police, as May is based in Downing Street, but the Met has advised that the matter needs to be investigated by North Yorkshire Police (NYP), because the programme was filmed – and the alleged offence committed – in York. Cardin has formally complained to NYP and has submitted evidence, including video of May’s comments.
If found guilty, Mrs May would face both criminal penalties and the loss of her parliamentary seat – assuming of course that she wins it on Thursday.
This is not a merely theoretical possibility. In 2010, Phil Woolas – who had been a government minister until that year’s General Election – was investigated and found guilty of making false statements about his LibDem opponent in the General Election.
Woolas lost his seat and was barred from public office for three years.
Paul Cardin has also reported the matter to the Electoral Commission and directly to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
The Prime Minister appears to have seriously overreached in making a statement about Ms Abbott that she must have known was untrue – on national television and with a clear intent to influence election results. It is to be hoped that North Yorkshire Police, the CPS and the Electoral Commission will treat the matter with the seriousness it deserves.[/size]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-06-06, 7:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:MAY COULD FACE LOSS OF SEAT OVER #ABBOTT COMMENT ELECTORAL BREACH #GE17 #BBCQT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] · by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] · Bookmark the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. ·

As the SKWAWKBOX [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sunday, Theresa May has been reported to police over false claims she made during Friday’s BBC Question Time special about Diane Abbott and police DNA records.
May told the studio audience and millions of viewers around the country that Abbott had advocated the removal of the DNA samples of ‘criminals and terrorists’ from police databases – an accusation that is completely untrue.

Theresa May during last Friday’s BBC Question Time special

Making false statements about a candidate’s ‘character or conduct’ during an election campaign is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983.
Paul Cardin of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] blog reported the matter initially to the Metropolitan Police, as May is based in Downing Street, but the Met has advised that the matter needs to be investigated by North Yorkshire Police (NYP), because the programme was filmed – and the alleged offence committed – in York. Cardin has formally complained to NYP and has submitted evidence, including video of May’s comments.
If found guilty, Mrs May would face both criminal penalties and the loss of her parliamentary seat – assuming of course that she wins it on Thursday.
This is not a merely theoretical possibility. In 2010, Phil Woolas – who had been a government minister until that year’s General Election – was investigated and found guilty of making false statements about his LibDem opponent in the General Election.
Woolas lost his seat and was barred from public office for three years.
Paul Cardin has also reported the matter to the Electoral Commission and directly to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
The Prime Minister appears to have seriously overreached in making a statement about Ms Abbott that she must have known was untrue – on national television and with a clear intent to influence election results. It is to be hoped that North Yorkshire Police, the CPS and the Electoral Commission will treat the matter with the seriousness it deserves.
I'll make a statement about Dianne Abbott if you want.
She's a racist who hates white folk, the fat black lezza.
Let the cow take me to court & see what she gets - f*ck all because I've got f*ck all.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-06, 8:13 pm

If the Tories win most seats (if) but fall short of the magical 326, will May be forced to stand down.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-06, 8:41 pm

vinkel wrote:If the Tories win most seats (if) but fall short of the magical 326, will May be forced to stand down.
Yes, because she called the election on the understanding she would win a landslide and that would give her the mandate for a hard Brexit. But  also she did not consult with her colleagues properly before hand so the party will force her out.
The worry is if this happens then who is the next in line for the Tory leadership? Amber Rudd affraid  Michael Fallon affraid affraid Jeremy Hunt affraid affraid affraid  Boris Johnson affraid affraid affraid affraid
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-07, 9:16 am

One day to go and no idea what the result will be.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

7am friday

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-07, 6:34 pm

Thats when i will get up and switch on the tv and find out what has happened. Years ago i would sit up till 3 watching the results come in, not anymore.10pm Thursday what will be will be, not worth losing sleep over at my age. I have a feeling it will be close, soon find out.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-07, 6:37 pm

vinkel wrote:Thats when i will get up and switch on the tv and find out what has happened. Years ago i would sit up till 3 watching the results come in, not anymore.10pm Thursday what will be will be, not worth losing sleep over at my age. I have a feeling it will be close, soon find out.
I will be up all night

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-07, 6:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Thats when i will get up and switch on the tv and find out what has happened. Years ago i would sit up till 3 watching the results come in, not anymore.10pm Thursday what will be will be, not worth losing sleep over at my age. I have a feeling it will be close, soon find out.
I will be up all night
Tantric Syd, i would never have guessed  Very Happy .

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-07, 6:59 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
I will be up all night
I try and keep it quiet.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-06-07, 7:43 pm

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-07, 7:45 pm

canary-dave wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-07, 8:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
I will be up all night
Me too - well at least till enough results are in to make a good estimate of the final count. Its been 20 years since I stayed up all night watching the election coverage but feel I have to this time. Have no real idea which way it will go but am hopeful finger cross
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-07, 8:32 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
I will be up all night

Std  was ahead of the trends even before Sting got there
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-06-07, 10:05 pm

First election that drew my interest is politics was 1964 when Harold Wilson broke a Tory stranglehold that had lasted since 1951.

Mainly brought about the Christine Keeler naughties, but times were different then and I can't believe it is over fifty years ago.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-08, 7:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Eve-of-vote poll by research company Qriously gives Labour a slender advantage over the Tories for the first time
WIRED.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: