SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D, canary-dave, cyprussyd, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

General Election

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Election

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-28, 7:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-28, 7:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-28, 9:40 pm

Tory MP Andrew Turner Steps Down ‘After Saying Homosexuality Was Wrong And Bad For Society

A sixth former asked whether he was involved in the local Pride event.

28/04/2017 17:57 | 
[size=14]A Tory MP has stood down hours after he reportedly told students being gay was “wrong” and “dangerous to society”.
Andrew Turner, who represents the Isle of Wight, made the comments to a group of sixth form students at Christ the King College in Newport on Friday morning.
He was asked whether he was involved in Isle of Wight Pride by A Level politics student Esther Poucher, who said his response had “shocked me to the point of outrage”.
[/size]

Turner replied he had been invited to the event but would not go.

FLYING COLOURS VIA GETTY IMAGES

Andrew Turner

Poucher, who describes herself as “a passionate campaigner for LGBT rights”, wrote on Facebook: “He told us that he’d been invited, but wasn’t intending to go. This is because (and this is a direct quote) he thinks that homosexuality is ‘wrong’ and ‘dangerous to society’.
At this answer, I had to leave.
“It’s terrifying that in this age and point in our development as a society, there are still people that can’t care enough about a person’s wellbeing to just accept who they are.
“And the most terrifying thing is that we as an island consistently vote him in to represent us. Well f*ck that. HE DOES NOT REPRESENT ME.” 

She added: “If there is anything I can give to you from this, it is that we need change.
“We can’t wait, and we can’t just nod politely and respect and opinion like that.
“Yes, we all believe different things, and that’s wonderful. But when that belief treats a group as sub-human, and attempts to take away their fundamental rights, we can’t respect it.”

PETER MACDIARMID VIA GETTY IMAGES

Turner pictured at the Westminster Dog Of The Year competition in 2011

Speaking to local website OnTheWight, she said: “Other students were shocked, equally shocked I believe and completely horrified.”
Local paper The Isle Of Wight County Press quoted other students who were present and confirmed Poucher’s account.
As the reports about his comments circulated, questions of Turner’s future were raised.
Earlier on Friday the meeting to re-select him as Tory candidate had been suddenly postponed.
Turner announce he would stand down but his statement did not refer to the allegations.
“It has been my privilege to serve the people of the Isle of Wight as their Member of Parliament,” he said.
“I have been incredibly fortunate to represent such a beautiful constituency. After 16 years I have come to the decision that it time for a new generation to take up the mantle of representing my fantastic constituents.
“I am grateful for the support I have received from islanders and proud of the record that Conservatives have in delivering for the island.”
He said he would support the Tory candidate in the seat.
Journalist Owen Jones had called on Theresa May to expel Turner from the party if Poucher’s account proved to be accurate.

Isle of Wight Pride said: “As a group we avoid making political comments, but in the light of the allegations, we are deeply shocked and saddened.
“Any person who makes such a statement in a public forum as our MP is dangerous.”
Green Party co-leader Jonathan Bartley said: “There’s no place for these prehistoric pronouncements in our politics.
“It’s astounding that in this day and age we’re hearing reports of an MP spreading such hatred, particularly in a college which should be a place of learning and respect.”
He was first elected MP for the Isle of Wight in 2001. He voted against legalising gay marriage in 2013.
His office had not responded to requests for comment as this article went live.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-29, 12:33 am

Jesus f*cking wept.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-29, 8:55 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-29, 9:04 pm

Haha! Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 11:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Labour party pledges to outlaw all zero-hours contracts
Shadow chancellor John McDonnell says Labour will put an end to the ‘rigged economy’ after election win
THEGUARDIAN.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 12:12 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-04-30, 12:25 pm

That would be funny if only it wasn't true. There are far too many people like Billy who believe all the lies about him rather than listen to the man himself!

You're not the only one Billy, MrRAW is just the same but at least he will vote for Labour!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-30, 12:32 pm

FFS & he told my son to stop posting because he posted like a 10yo when he was actually 10 because he'd drive people away.
Lord have f*cking mercy, this man needs help.
I thought I was struggling.
Drive people away ffs, lol. There's nee c**t on here to drive away.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-30, 12:37 pm

canary-dave wrote:

That would be funny if only it wasn't true. There are far too many people like Billy who believe all the lies about him rather than listen to the man himself!

You're not the only one Billy, MrRAW is just the same but at least he will vote for Labour!
I got off my arse & signed up chum.
I'm perfectly capable of making my own mind up.
Stick your rhetoric up your shit piece.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 12:56 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 3:01 pm

DWP tells bed-ridden stroke victim to use food banks after admin error cuts benefits
A bed-ridden stroke victim was told to use food banks after an administrative error left him and his wife facing extreme poverty. Alan Buchanan, 65, has been bed…
INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-30, 3:36 pm

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-30, 4:11 pm

Well at least they are more presentable than Jezza.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-30, 4:18 pm

canary-dave wrote:

What are you suggesting?
Anyone who doesn't vote Labour are wrong?
Who the f*ck do you think you are?
Telling me who I can & can't vote for. I'll choose thank you.
So much for your belief in democracy.
Let Syd bang the drum, I find it funny.
May will piss it by a landslide.
Not a cat in hells chance will the country vote in a left wing government.
You must hate your neighbors what with most of them being Tory.

Last edited by Billy D on 2017-04-30, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 4:20 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-30, 4:34 pm

Liver & bacon with onion gravy.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 7:00 pm

General election 2017: Labour gains again in new poll as Tory lead narrows

While the Conservatives are still on course to win the election, the margin of victory is becoming less certain

• Rachael Revesz 

• @RachaelRevesz 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]The Prime Minister’s refusal to engage in a televised debate with Jeremy Corbyn may be denting her in the polls EPA/BBC
Labour has gained in at least three polls just weeks before the general election, slashing the Tories' lead by as much as 10 points.
Jeremy Corbyn’s party is up by four points in the last week to 30 per cent support, found Opinium, while a separate YouGov poll between 27 and 28 April found that Labour was up two points to 31 per cent – both figures contributing to a smaller gap between the Tories and the Opposition.
A third poll for the Sunday Times showed the Tories had a 13-point lead with 44 percent of the vote, yet a YouGov poll gave the Tories a 23-point lead last week, showing a dip of 10 points.

When Theresa May announced a snap election from the steps of Downing Street she was cruising to victory, with a massive lead of 21 points over Labour, but a YouGov poll found last week that gap had already shrunk by seven points. Her current 17 point gap, down by two points from last week, still points to a sweeping victory come 8 June.

Corbyn warns of ‘Brexit for the few’ offering tax cuts to super-rich

The changing numbers follow Ms May’s refusal to appear in any one-on-one televised debates with Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, despite more than 119,000 people signing a petition calling on her to do so.
A Labour spokesman told The Independent: "Theresa May is hiding from the public and is too scared to debate Jeremy Corbyn.
"Labour is campaigning across the country, putting forward popular policies which will transform Britain in the interests of the many, not the few."
A comment from the Conservatives was not immediately forthcoming.
Mr Corbyn has been campaigning hard over the past couple of weeks, determined not to be accused of complacency as he was during the EU referendum. He has strived to show how his party would be different to the Conservatives regarding Brexit negotiations, and has offered a pay rise for NHS staff as well as an extra four bank holidays.

UK General Election 2017

Ms May, who has repeatedly urged the UK to vote for a “strong, stable Government”, still holds the lead in the polls. Opinium showed she has 47 per cent voter support. 
In a bid to ward off growing support for Labour, however, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson slammed Mr Corbyn as a “threat to national security” and said Mr Corbyn had no “grasp of the need for Britain to be strong in the world”.

Support for Liberal Democrats has dropped by three points to 8 per cent. Leader Tim Farron said at a campaign event this weekend that Mr Corbyn was the “worst leader in history” and vowed his party could replace Labour as the Opposition.
Jeremy Corbyn slams Conservative and Ukip leaders in passionate speech
He told The Independent: “I am proud that the Liberal Democrats are alone among parties in fighting Theresa May’s hard Brexit to keep Britain open, tolerant and united.”
The Lib Dems have promised voters a second EU referendum before the final deal with EU states is signed. 

His leadership, however, has also garnered controversy. Mr Farron, a Christian, was criticised for failing to give a direct answer to several news outlets as to whether he believed homosexuality was a sin. He has since said he does not believe it is a sin.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-30, 7:56 pm

Cornedbeef & tattie pie.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-30, 9:59 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-30, 10:33 pm

I seen a woman today with nee knickers on.
In full view in public the nars.
Brazen hussey.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-04-30, 11:59 pm

Billy D wrote:I seen a woman today with nee knickers on.
Brazen hussey.
Celebrating after promotion by any chance  affraid

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-05-01, 12:50 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:I seen a woman today with nee knickers on.
Brazen hussey.
Celebrating after promotion by any chance  affraid
Well I'd have let her sit on my face if she was game.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-05-01, 9:01 am

The benefit change that could put 330,000 families on the street
A small change in the law could put the hundreds of thousands of working families at risk of losing their homes. This is why and what you can do about it
MIRROR.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: