SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Mourinho sore loser
Today at 8:46 am by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Today at 8:35 am by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM
Today at 6:02 am by sunderpitt

» Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Kipper

» Walking Fottball
Yesterday at 6:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» I know we should be the last to call anyone
Yesterday at 8:58 am by oldblackcat

» Jermain Defoe World Class Goal for Bournemouth Against Palace .
Yesterday at 8:49 am by oldblackcat

» January target ?
Yesterday at 8:33 am by cretanmakem

» Quiz 75
2017-12-09, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» It's bloody cold
2017-12-09, 8:35 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

General Election

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Election

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-18, 11:35 am

June 8th.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Election

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-18, 11:46 am

GOOD! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-18, 12:14 pm

Presumably May is expecting to increase her majority, not making the mistake Brown made by not getting an electoral mandate.

What will Scotland do? will Corbyn get more seats? Corbyn seems to have increased party membership but lost voters?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-18, 12:19 pm

Now I know UK politics are becoming nothing but a Tory playground.  Hopefully Labour can pull a rabbit out of the hat but it is unlikely.

This added to Trump congratulating the new dictator of Turkey confirms that that world turmoil is guaranteed.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-18, 12:26 pm

May will piss it.
Not a f*cking problem for her at all.
There is no opposition.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-18, 3:46 pm

A few observations

1. Corbyns policies are popular with the voters but he is not, a question in a poll is one thing, electing a government is very different.
  2. The choice is not May or Corbyn it's Tory and more of the same or Labour, anyone who does NOT vote Labour is voting Tory by default.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-18, 3:53 pm

JEREMY CORBYN’S 10 PLEDGES TO TRANSFORM BRITAIN
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

Labour’s aim is to rebuild and transform Britain, for the many not the few. These ten pledges set out the framework for what Labour will campaign for – and what a Labour government will do.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1. FULL EMPLOYMENT

We will create a million good quality jobs across our regions and nations, and guarantee a decent job for all. By investing £500 billion in infrastructure and industry, backed up by a publicly-owned National Investment Bank and regional banks, we will build a high skilled, high tech, low carbon economy to ensure that no one and no community is left behind.
We will invest in the high speed broadband, energy, transport and homes that our country needs and allow good businesses to thrive, and support a new generation of co-operative enterprises.

2. A SECURE HOMES GUARANTEE

We will build over a million new homes in five years, with at least half a million council homes, through our public investment strategy.
We will end insecurity for private renters by introducing rent controls, secure tenancies and a charter of private tenants’ rights, and increase access to affordable home ownership.

3. SECURITY AT WORK

We will give people stronger employment rights from day one in a job, end exploitative zero hours contracts, and create new sectoral collective bargaining rights.
We will strengthen working people’s representation at work and the ability of trade unions to organise, so that working people have a real voice at work.
And we will put the defence of social and employment rights, as well as action against undercutting of pay and conditions through the exploitation of migrant labour, at the centre of the Brexit negotiations agenda for a new relationship with Europe.

4. A SECURE NHS AND SOCIAL CARE

We will end health service privatisation and bring services into a secure, publicly-provided NHS.
We will integrate the NHS and social care for older and disabled people, funding dignity across the board, and ensure parity for mental health services.

5. A NATIONAL EDUCATION SERVICE

We will build a new National Education Service, open to all throughout their lives. We will ensure there is universal childcare to give all children a good start in life, allowing greater sharing of caring responsibilities and removing barriers to women participating in the labour market.
We will bring about the progressive restoration of free education for all; and guarantee quality apprenticeships and adult skills training.

6. ACTION TO SECURE OUR ENVIRONMENT

We will act to protect the future of our planet, with social justice at the heart of our environmental policies, and take action to fulfil the Paris climate agreement.
We will ensure a fair transition to a low-carbon economy, and drive the expansion of the green industries and jobs of the future, using our National Investment Bank to invest in public and community-owned renewable energy.
We will deliver clean energy and curb energy bill rises for households – energy for the 60 million, not the Big Six energy companies. We will defend and extend EU environmental protections.

7. PUT THE PUBLIC BACK INTO OUR ECONOMY

We will rebuild public services and expand democratic participation, put the public back into our economy, give people a real say in their local communities with increased local and regional democracy.
We will act to ‘insource’ our public and local council services, increase access to leisure, arts and sports across the country, and expand our publicly controlled bus network.
We will bring our railways into public ownership and extend democratic social control over our energy.

8. CUT INEQUALITY IN INCOME AND WEALTH

We will build a progressive tax system so that wealth and the highest earners are fairly taxed, and shrink the gap between the highest and lowest paid.
We will act to create a more equal society, boost the incomes of the poorest and close the gender pay gap.

9. ACTION TO SECURE AN EQUAL SOCIETY

We will ensure that the human rights of all citizens are respected and all are protected from discrimination and prejudice.
We will take action to tackle violence against women and girls, racism and discrimination on the basis of faith, and secure real equality for LGBT and disabled people.
We will defend the Human Rights Act and guarantee full rights for EU citizens living and working in Britain – and not allow them to be used as pawns in Brexit negotiations.

10. PEACE AND JUSTICE AT THE HEART OF FOREIGN POLICY

We will put conflict resolution and human rights at the heart of foreign policy, commit to working through the United Nations, end support for aggressive wars of intervention and back effective action to alleviate the refugee crisis.
We will build human rights and social justice into trade policy, honour our international treaty obligations on nuclear disarmament and encourage others to do the same.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-18, 8:18 pm

I suspect that Brexit has some looming problems that May cannot handle with the slim(ish) majority she has so is going for a bigger one to push an unpopular agenda through. Provincial seats will be tough ones to take for Labour but if LibDems let them stand unopposed it may help.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-04-19, 6:12 pm

If the Tories were to lose, would the headlines be " 2017 may falls in June ".

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-19, 6:29 pm

vinkel wrote:If the Tories were to lose, would the headlines be " 2017 may falls in June ".
Laughing Laughing Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-19, 6:40 pm

If Labour win this under Corbyn I'll circumcise myself on webcam & post it here.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-19, 8:48 pm

The Brexiteers hold the keys to this as they wanted out of Europe.  Do they now want one foot in Europe which is the way May seems to want via a soft Brexit to maintain London's clout in the financial world or go for a stand alone Britian that was at the back of their presumable thinking when they voted "out". 

The folks south of the Midlands hold the key to future finance and NHS so there is not much doubt of the outcome.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-20, 10:13 am

[size=32]How the Tories could lose on June 8th[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

by Berk Bektas
So, a general election has been called. The Tories, according to a poll of polls published today by the BBC, are 18 points ahead of Labour, with 43% for the Conservatives and 25% for Labour. The poll gives the Lib Dems 10% and UKIP 11%, which would lead to speculation about how accurate these polls are.
In December 2016, only a few months ago, the Lib Dems overturned a majority of over 23,000 to defeat the Tories in the Richmond Park by-election – a big blow, and quite a turn around. A recent private poll by the Tories, as revealed by an article written by the Independent, and published just under two weeks ago, revealed that the Conservatives could lose up to 30 seats to the Liberal Democrats who, despite the recent poll of polls, are set to win big in the upcoming local elections, and now the general election.
The Conservatives did gain a majority in the 2015 General Election, but they gained it because Labour, despite gaining a net number of seats and increasing their share of the vote in England, lost out because Lib Dem voters switched to the Conservatives instead of coming back to Labour. The wipeout in Scotland for Labour wouldn’t have mattered for Ed Miliband if he beat the Tories by pulling Lib Dem voters back to Labour in England, as even if he didn’t gain an overall majority, a supply and demand arrangement with the SNP would have kept Labour comfortably in power, as they wouldn’t have disagreed on much.
The rise of the Lib Dems would result in the Conservatives potentially losing quite a number of key marginals as ex-Lib Dem voters would go back due to their anger against the Tories for Brexit (and potentially in large numbers as Richmond Park proved), and tactic voting by Labour and Green supporters to kick the Tories out in marginal Conservative-Lib Dem seats. Labour’s best hope is not to lose any seats to the Conservatives and to keep the gains they obtained in England from the 2015 General Election. The main concern is if the Copeland by-election is repeated across the country – key marginals being lost to the Tories, and the gains in England obtained in the previous general election being lost. If they keep the gains they made, and if Lib Dems gain big from the Tories, we could see Corbyn in No.10 – most likely in a coalition or a supply-demand arrangement with both or either with the SNP and the Lib Dems.
In Scotland, it seems not much or nothing will change – it isn’t worth speculating over potential situations that most likely will not occur. Wales, however, might see a surge of Labour support because despite the fact they voted for Brexit, the promise of an extra £350 million a week for the NHS being broken immediately after the referendum and the fact that E.U funding to Wales, which Wales receives quite a lot of, not being replaced by the Tories, might make many Welsh voters stick to Labour.
It’s also worthy to point out that the Labour Party have released a number of popular policies recently. As mentioned in our article published just yesterday, Labour are proposing to raise the minimum wage to £10 an hour by 2020, which has an approval rating of 71%. Another one being to raise the top rate of income tax from 45p on the pound to 50p on incomes over £150,000 a year; this has an approval rating of 62%. They also propose to reintroduce Free school meals for all children, paid for by a VAT on private school fees, which has a 53% approval rating in the same poll, while 35% disagree and 12% saying they don’t know. These might gain votes for Labour in the run up to the election.
What is certain is that only two people can occupy No. 10 Downing Street – Theresa May, or Jeremy Corbyn. Do register to vote, and don’t forget the local elections on May 4th!

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-20, 12:30 pm

Interesting and I agree with Jeremy's speech today, this election iis far from a foregone conclusion.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-20, 12:41 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-20, 12:53 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Interesting and I agree with Jeremy's speech today, this election iis far from a foregone conclusion.
Would you put a grand on a Labour win?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-20, 1:06 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Interesting and I agree with Jeremy's speech today, this election iis far from a foregone conclusion.
No, but I am putting in my own time, effort and money, to support my local Labour party and the national Labour party campaign, to help them do as well as possible.

Sadly, in Berwick constituency it's more of a Lib Dem/Tory fight so I will have to struggle with a decision on tactical voting, because for me it is as much about getting the Tories out, as Labour in.

Interesting times though! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-20, 1:28 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:
No, but I am putting in my own time, effort and money, to support my local Labour party and the national Labour party campaign, to help them do as well as possible.

Sadly, in Berwick constituency it's more of a Lib Dem/Tory fight so I will have to struggle with a decision on tactical voting, because for me it is as much about getting the Tories out, as Labour in.

Well I hope you win H because you are a nice person.
Where I live it makes no difference as Labour always piss it with ease.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-20, 2:19 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-04-20, 2:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm in!  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-20, 3:03 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

Thanks Billy  kiss

For what it is worth I think your vote and every person's vote does make a difference. Choosing who governs us is the ultimate choice for civilised society. Indeed the right to vote and exercise democratic choice at the ballot box is what you and your military buddies have literally fought, and died,  for; to stop people who want choice taken away from ordinary citizens so they can rule over them in fear and with hate.

Nothing is certain in these strange times so if anyone is wavering or not registered to vote please think again. Truly I would rather people, after listening to all the debate, decided to vote Tory than not vote at all (although naturally I would prefer them to vote Labour!) Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-20, 4:40 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:

Thanks Billy  kiss

For what it is worth I think your vote and every person's vote does make a difference. Choosing who governs us is the ultimate choice for civilised society. Indeed the right to vote and exercise democratic choice at the ballot box is what you and your military buddies have literally fought, and died,  for; to stop people who want choice taken away from ordinary citizens so they can rule over them in fear and with hate.

Nothing is certain in these strange times so if anyone is wavering or not registered to vote please think again. Truly I would rather people, after listening to all the debate, decided to vote Tory than not vote at all (although naturally I would prefer them to vote Labour!) Smile
Yeah but it makes no difference where I live.
North Durham has always been Labour & always will be.
One of the safest seats in the country for them.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-20, 6:17 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-20, 6:31 pm

Most of that was down to EU laws.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-20, 9:47 pm

Billy D wrote:
Most of that was down to EU laws.
But most were originally established by the Labour Party over time.  Would be interesting to see if those laws were left in place once we leave EU.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum