SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Results of week 9 and fixtures for week10
Today at 11:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Martin Bain on Simon Grayson
Today at 7:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Morrisons Jarrow
Today at 7:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Manager Sacked
Today at 7:35 pm by Nostalgic

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 6:04 pm by Hieronymus

» The way forward
Today at 12:15 pm by vinkel

» I had a dream
Today at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Confused????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confused????

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-16, 12:47 pm

Reading the Independent online this morning and I see these two headlines:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jeremy Corbyn’s policy blitz supported by majority of British public

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]l

Labour leader's policies have considerable support among the public, notably the raising of the minimum wage and of the top rate of tax – 71 per cent and 62 per cent of respondents agreed with the policies respectively.

How? How can there be this high level of public support for Corbyn and Labour's policies yet the polls show 46% of voters support the Tories?

It does not make any sense on any level [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Either the polling algorithms are completely off base and no one should take any notice at all.

Or maybe the determined efforts of the mainstream media, to downgrade and misreport Labour and Corbyn's views, have so much more influence than they should, in a democratic society.

Or maybe the British public are now so engrained in the 'cult of personality' that they don't look at the policies at all, only the person? If so that is even more scary Shocked
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: Confused????

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-16, 12:54 pm

My view, for whats its worth.

The majority are sick of the Tories but we are a selfish country now.

People are concerned about the NHS, cuts to disabled, shortage of teachers, food banks, cuts to public services but, unless it affects them or theirs directly they will vote for the devil they know.

The media are doing an excellent job of adding to the fear of,"The loony left".

I hope it changes as more and more see through media bias and are affected by government policies.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-16, 1:55 pm

I would have to confess I have just been asked to donate to Labour's election war chest. However for what ever reason Corbyn is a huge drag on voting intention. Therefore for once I feel disinclined to cough up, as it seems a not of a waste
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-16, 2:28 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I would have to confess I have just been asked to donate to Labour's election war chest. However for what ever reason Corbyn is a huge drag on voting intention. Therefore for once I feel disinclined to cough up, as it seems a not of a waste
I know what you are saying but just ask yourself if you want the Tories in power forever? What is worse - the status quo or supporting the Labour Party? We really need people like your good self  to look beyond the divisions within and support the party right now, if we hope to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

I agree with Syd, people are selfish these days and don't seem to have any empathy for other human beings. The idea of the 'deserving poor' needing a helping hand to get back on their feet seems to have morphed into 'scroungers and shirkers' who are responsible for their own misfortune and deserve nothing but vilification. 

If only these lucky people, who are 'All right jacks' now, realised how they are often only a cancer diagnosis (or other life limiting illness), or a stroke, or redundancy, or divorce away from being in the position of so many people they seem to despise, perhaps there would be less criticism and more willingness to help.

PS My candidacy has been accepted and I am the on the Northumberland County Council ballot paper as Labour party candidate for Berwick West with Ord. Wish me luck!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-16, 3:47 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I would have to confess I have just been asked to donate to Labour's election war chest. However for what ever reason Corbyn is a huge drag on voting intention. Therefore for once I feel disinclined to cough up, as it seems a not of a waste
Must admit Sunders I get confused over this view but it is the view of many.

To me, not a member of any party, its a straight choice, not Corbyn or May but Tory or Labour. What will Labour bring, not sure but I just cant see how it could be worse than what we have now.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-16, 7:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

To me, not a member of any party, its a straight choice, not Corbyn or May but Tory or Labour. What will Labour bring, not sure but I just cant see how it could be worse than what we have now.

I hate to say it, and I never have and will never in the future vote Tory and there are lots of policies e.g. grammar schools that May is wrong on but Corbyn as PM would be a joke we can do without! That is my problem. I get on very well with my local party members/councillors and MP....who also think Corbyn is the worst thing to happen to Labour for years
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-16, 8:40 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I hate to say it, and I never have and will never in the future vote Tory and there are lots of policies e.g. grammar schools that May is wrong on but Corbyn as PM would be a joke we can do without! That is my problem. I get on very well with my local party members/councillors and MP....who also think Corbyn is the worst thing to happen to Labour for years
Corbyn is a wanker.
I seen him one time on telly & he had a wankers hat on.
Like Alan Shearer.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-16, 10:58 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
I know what you are saying but just ask yourself if you want the Tories in power forever? What is worse - the status quo or supporting the Labour Party? We really need people like your good self  to look beyond the divisions within and support the party right now, if we hope to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

I agree with Syd, people are selfish these days and don't seem to have any empathy for other human beings. The idea of the 'deserving poor' needing a helping hand to get back on their feet seems to have morphed into 'scroungers and shirkers' who are responsible for their own misfortune and deserve nothing but vilification. 

If only these lucky people, who are 'All right jacks' now, realised how they are often only a cancer diagnosis (or other life limiting illness), or a stroke, or redundancy, or divorce away from being in the position of so many people they seem to despise, perhaps there would be less criticism and more willingness to help.

PS My candidacy has been accepted and I am the on the Northumberland County Council ballot paper as Labour party candidate for Berwick West with Ord. Wish me luck!
Go for it H and good luck. From what I read at this distance there seems to be a bigger divide growing in UK society based on that faddled "meritocracy' that the Tories introduced into  their rhetoric. Unions gone, belief in each other going, and unity is all but dead and buried among us plebs as looking after number one comes first.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-16, 11:25 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Go for it H and good luck. From what I read at this distance there seems to be a bigger divide growing in UK society based on that faddled "meritocracy' that the Tories introduced into  their rhetoric. Unions gone, belief in each other going, and unity is all but dead and buried among us plebs as looking after number one comes first.
Thanks Nos, you are rght that the divide in our society is growing all the time and I fear for all our futures, if things don't change, and soon.

I decided I had to try and do something, while I was still lucky enough to have my health and the time to do so. As it happens I am not expected to win as North Northumberland is more Tory/Lib dem for some reason I fail to understand. The ward I am aiming to represent is one of the poorest in the area, with a relatively high number of benefits claimants, people living in social housing and food bank usage and voted for a Lib Dem councillor in 2008 and 2013. The Constituency Labour party is not really targeting it as a likely win for us, but as Lib Dem support has weakened significantly since 2015, if I can improve the Labour vote I will be happy Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum