SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Corbyn in Brussels.
Today at 1:11 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Today at 1:02 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Today at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Tina anybody?
Today at 10:42 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Today at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:31 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 10:27 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 10
Today at 7:50 am by oldblackcat

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd, gil t azell

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Just my opinion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just my opinion

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-15, 8:51 am

Kelvin MacKenzie is not a favorite of mine but I don't find his article racist or indeed offensive, that said I can understand why the men of Liverpool don't like it. The reaction is IMO OTT. If you dont like him, his views or his newspaper don't buy it. Freedom of speach and freedom of choice go hand in hand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'Wrong and unfunny'.

HUFFINGTONPOST.CO.UK|BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just my opinion

Post  canary-dave on 2017-04-15, 10:01 am

I don't agree with you Syd, bearing in mind the post-Hillsborough vilification of the people of Liverpool by the outrageous stories in the Sun newspaper this was a definite lighting of the blue touchpaper by McKenzie, I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing and I simply don't believe he had no knowledge of the African Grandfather!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-15, 10:19 am

And its fine to disagree, maybe I am just naive or but I read the gorilla bit as saying Barkley is like a dumb animal and nothing to do with his heritage that I knew nothing about.

And the Hillsborough connection I don't see, we call scousers bin dippers and suggest that everyone from Liverpool steals hub caps, is that also offensive? We know that you, coming from Norfolk are the result of in breeding, again it could be offensive.

I still feel the best punishment is what the people of Liverpool did after Hillsborough, stop buying the newspaper.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-04-15, 10:22 am

cyprussyd wrote:And its fine to disagree, maybe I am just naive or but I read the gorilla bit as saying Barkley is like a dumb animal and nothing to do with his heritage that I knew nothing about.

And the Hillsborough connection I don't see, we call scousers bin dippers and suggest that everyone from Liverpool steals hub caps, is that also offensive? We know that you, coming from Norfolk are the result of in breeding, again it could be offensive.

I still feel the best punishment is what the people of Liverpool did after Hillsborough, stop buying the newspaper.

Syd, I respect your opinion but such an experienced journalist must have known exactly what he was doing, either that or he is a very poor journalist!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-15, 10:24 am

Sorry Syd but I have a different viewpoint. I find it more sinister than a casual article attacking an Everton player and the city of Liverpool.

Comparing a man with a Nigerian grandfather to a gorilla IS racist. The ugly monkey chants and throwing of bananas etc, aimed at black players, that we all certainly witnessed in football grounds not that long ago, have, thankfully, largely been eradicated. But racism is alive and well in wider society, fuelled by anti-immigrant and other headlines in the Sun and other right-wing newspapers and media outlets, so I believe MacKenzie knew exactly what he was doing.

And Liverpool is a lovely city, full of warm and friendly people of all backgrounds and income levels, as well as beautiful buildings, museums and public spaces, in my experience. So I think the people of Liverpool can rightly be offended to read the only wealthy men in Liverpool are drug dealers and criminals.

But, by having this discussed by other national news outlets, MacKenzie  has achieved what Murdoch wanted, to raise the profile of the despicable Sun newspaper to try and boost circulation. It was easy for them to insult an Everton player and Liverpool, as no one buys the Sun in Liverpool anyway, but hearing about this furore elsewhere in the country others might pick it up to see what all the fuss was about.

And who would like to take a bet that now they have achieved their aims, we will see an apology in small print on page 8 of the Sun, and MacKenzie's 'suspension', and the threat of prosecution, quietlly dropped? Twisted Evil
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-15, 10:48 am

Maybe I am just naive then but I certainly cant see how any of this will boost circulation of the Sun.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-15, 11:56 am

I despise Kelvin McKenzie.
Nothing but pond life imo.
An underhand racist tw*t who tries to disguise his true opinions.
His handling of Hillsborough & the miners strike was an utter disgrace tbh.

He reminds me of a recruit who was put in our platoon.
We were on exercise in Wales & took time out for a brew.
We had this big black lad, Dave from London who'd been with us for some time.
Smashing bloke.
So this kid says to him, where you from mate.
Dave says Cricklewood mate.
Nah man, I meant originally.
Oh originally. Brixton.
The kid wouldn't let it go until Dave hit the tw*t with a right.
We all just fell about the place laughing.

Kelvin McKenzie, the secret racist.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-15, 5:52 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:And its fine to disagree, maybe I am just naive or but I read the gorilla bit as saying Barkley is like a dumb animal and nothing to do with his heritage that I knew nothing about.

Syd, I respect your opinion but such an experienced journalist must have known exactly what he was doing, either that or he is a very poor journalist!

Exactly he knows about Barkley and knew what he was saying. This journo is a nasty piece of work and always has been. I just hope the racist bastard gets what's coming to him.

Syd it is not a matter of opinion it is a matter of fact. It is like saying climate change is a matter of opinion.l it is not.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-15, 6:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Maybe I am just naive then but I certainly cant see how any of this will boost circulation of the Sun.
You know how 'they' say there is no such thing as bad publicity? By running this article and creating a furore they will have sold more papers, but more importantly these days, gained lots of clicks on their website and hence more advertising seen by punters.

It's an old trick and MacKenzie knew it. To publish this, especially just before the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster (today), was deliberately opening old wounds. It is beneath contemptible Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-15, 7:08 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Maybe I am just naive then but I certainly cant see how any of this will boost circulation of the Sun.
You know how 'they' say there is no such thing as bad publicity? By running this article and creating a furore they will have sold more papers, but more importantly these days, gained lots of clicks on their website and hence more advertising seen by punters.

It's an old trick and MacKenzie knew it. To publish this, especially just before the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster (today), was deliberately opening old wounds. It is beneath contemptible Evil or Very Mad
Yep, I quite agree H.
The man is a disease & should be put down like a rabid dog.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum