SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

If not Moyes, then who?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If not Moyes, then who?

Post  Argus on 2017-04-11, 12:27 pm

With relegation seemingly inevitable, the 'Moyes out' campaign appears to be gathering momentum, so perhaps those who wish to see him replaced have an idea who they would like to see take over?

I would be very interested to see who fans think may be even interested in the job, which has proved to be such a poisoned chalice.

So come on, let's have your sensible suggestions.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: If not Moyes, then who?

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-11, 12:32 pm

That's the main reason I think we should keep him , nobody in their right mind would come here now.
Or more than likely worse if that's possible.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-04-11, 12:38 pm

I don't want him out.
However, he is reported as saying that if finances are sorted then we can rebuild quickly.

I fear he will not get such an assurance from Mr Short so will probably 'walk'

He didn't have mega money at Everton, but he wasn't reduced to having to sign freebies and injury prone journeymen.

If he DOES go, then we would need someone with experience of gaining promotion from the Championship.

Bruce ? 

Dyche ?    (he fits the bill for not spending big money)

Sam ?

Keane?

Pardooo ?

Interesting few months to come..

Very Happy
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-11, 12:39 pm

Mine wouldn't come so stick with Moyes.

Big Sam
Martin O'Neil with Keano his number 2

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-11, 2:14 pm

silvers wrote:I don't want him out.
However, he is reported as saying that if finances are sorted then we can rebuild quickly.

I fear he will not get such an assurance from Mr Short so will probably 'walk'

He didn't have mega money at Everton, but he wasn't reduced to having to sign freebies and injury prone journeymen.

If he DOES go, then we would need someone with experience of gaining promotion from the Championship.

Bruce ? 

Dyche ?    (he fits the bill for not spending big money)

Sam ?

Keane?

Pardooo ?

Interesting few months to come..

Very Happy
If Moyes leaves it'll be Alex Neil - you heard it here first!
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-11, 3:13 pm

Gary Rowett? I know he has just gone to Derby but he has a good track record and is highly regarded by 'football' people. Birmingham were idiots for getting rid of him.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-11, 3:27 pm

What about Nigel Atkins?
Done really well at Southampton.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-11, 4:57 pm

Well so far the names mentioned have not excited in the least

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-04-11, 5:05 pm

As I have said on another post we should stay Moyes, he is experienced and knows how to build a team. Many teams in the Chumpioship got rid of managers when relegated from the Prem and have struggled. Newcastle and Burnley didn't!!

The only up and coming that has impressed me is Chris Wilder at Sheffield Utd, but no experience yet above league 1

Chris Hughton is good but they will go up with Brighton, the Huddersfield guy Wagner too, but he may take them up too.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-11, 5:12 pm

Mackemneil wrote:As I have said on another post we should stay Moyes, he is experienced and knows how to build a team. Many teams in the Chumpioship got rid of managers when relegated from the Prem and have struggled. Newcastle and Burnley didn't!!

The only up and coming that has impressed me is Chris Wilder at Sheffield Utd, but no experience yet above league 1

Chris Hughton is good but they will go up with Brighton, the Huddersfield guy Wagner too, but he may take them up too.
Villa struggled until they did make change.
Always two sides to a coin.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-11, 9:15 pm

Manager=go-round has to stopso it is definitely Moyes for me.  Years ago not many on here would take Sam, Pulis or Hughes as their football would meet our expectations.  Now we have a man with a proven record, despite his past couple of jobs, who is being looked on as Lucifer. Would Ulloa have made a difference?  Who else turned us down in January?  Which manager could have coped with our sustained injury list?  

I suspect not many, but had we been higher in the league it may have made a difference in recruiting.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-11, 10:27 pm

I think Moyes will still be here but if he walks I would offer SKP the opportunity to take over. Impossible to be worse.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-12, 8:34 am

gil t azell wrote:I think Moyes will still be here but if he walks I would offer SKP the opportunity to take over. Impossible to be worse.

What makes you think he'd want to come? There's the danger of destroying his reputation with fans. Plus, when he was with us and facing relegation he said he found it really difficult to motivate himself to come in to training. Brilliant when we were riding high but how's he going to motivate strugglers? Apologies to those who believe my comment to be sacriligious. Would be nice to see him as a coach and see how he goes though.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-12, 9:48 am

Kipper wrote:
gil t azell wrote:I think Moyes will still be here but if he walks I would offer SKP the opportunity to take over. Impossible to be worse.

What makes you think he'd want to come? There's the danger of destroying his reputation with fans. Plus, when he was with us and facing relegation he said he found it really difficult to motivate himself to come in to training. Brilliant when we were riding high but how's he going to motivate strugglers? Apologies to those who believe my comment to be sacriligious. Would be nice to see him as a coach and see how he goes though.
I too think Moyes will still be here in August but have a feeling he won't last long.

Then might be the time for Kevin Phillips, who worked at Leicester under Nigel Pearson and Derby under Paul Clement and is now working with Gary Rowett, so has had a good grounding with some decent young managers. I only hesitate because I would hate to see SKP's reputation here tarnished by an unsuccessful coaching spell. But maybe he is ready for the challenge?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-04-12, 10:59 am

if Moyes is not the man would love to see Eddie Howe as our next manager, getting him though would be the hard thing.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-04-12, 11:10 am

I think he'll be orf to the Hammers...
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-12, 12:00 pm

The simple truth is that until we get a owner prepared to invest in new, DECENT, players we will only attract out of work managers looking for a way back.

Will any of them be better than Moyes?

Moyes has his faults but how much of our predicament is down to him?
How much is it down to injuries?
How much is it down to lack of investment?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-12, 12:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The simple truth is that until we get a owner prepared to invest in new, DECENT, players we will only attract out of work managers looking for a way back.

Will any of them be better than Moyes?

Moyes has his faults but how much of our predicament is down to him?
How much is it down to injuries?
How much is it down to lack of investment?

spot on
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-12, 7:47 pm

Kipper wrote:

I just said "offer" him it. It could well be he's settled where he is but I believe he has ambition. He would be the motivator. Up to him and his staff to put a smile on the players faces. Basically what your saying he is only going to go to a club riding high and a happy bunch. Sorry but my opinion is that aint likely to happen.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-13, 8:05 am

gil t azell wrote:
Kipper wrote:

I just said "offer" him it. It could well be he's settled where he is but I believe he has ambition. He would be the motivator. Up to him and his staff to put a smile on the players faces. Basically what your saying he is only going to go to a club riding high and a happy bunch. Sorry but my opinion is that aint likely to happen.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm making two different points.
1) He won't come because it could tarnish his reputation if we carry on with the abject failure we've been in the last few years, even though that's not always down to the manager
2) I've got lingering doubts about his motivational ability

Great player but what indicates to you he'd be a great manager?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-13, 9:52 am

I remind you of the last great northeast goal scorer who had a go at management and how it turned out up the road.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-13, 10:00 am

cyprussyd wrote:I remind you of the last great northeast goal scorer who had a go at management and how it turned out up the road.
Aye but they were already humped by then.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-14, 6:40 am

Kipper wrote:
gil t azell wrote:
Kipper wrote:

1) He won't come because it could tarnish his reputation if we carry on with the abject failure we've been in the last few years, even though that's not always down to the manager

To be honest Kipper I have no idea about his motivational capabilities but like I said could he be any worse than Moyes , Mcmenemy (sorry) etc. I get where your coming from with the "tarnished reputation" bit but if he does have ambition you have to start somewhere and if he has aspirations its up to him to ensure he enhances his reputation with us.

Another alternative for me would get Roy Keane back. Yup he might be hard and uncomprimising but you know if someone signs for him at least on the pitch you will get committment and off it professionalism. Obviously this would need ES to go before this could even be mooted.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-14, 6:40 am

Kipper wrote:
gil t azell wrote:
Kipper wrote:

I just said "offer" him it. It could well be he's settled where he is but I believe he has ambition. He would be the motivator. Up to him and his staff to put a smile on the players faces. Basically what your saying he is only going to go to a club riding high and a happy bunch. Sorry but my opinion is that aint likely to happen
Ballsed up n posted twice. SOS like
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-14, 11:27 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Kipper wrote:
gil t azell wrote:
Kipper wrote:

To be honest Kipper I have no idea about his motivational capabilities but like I said could he be any worse than Moyes , Mcmenemy (sorry) etc. I get where your coming from with the "tarnished reputation" bit but if he does have ambition you have to start somewhere and if he has aspirations its up to him to ensure he enhances his reputation with us.

Another alternative for me would get Roy Keane back. Yup he might be hard and uncomprimising but you know if someone signs for him at least on the pitch you will get committment and off it professionalism. Obviously this would need ES to go before this could even be mooted.

yeah Keane would b good for at team like ours. However I still have faith that Moyes will have a team o great kids next year. Should be using some ofthem this year - how can Asoro do worse? I want to see a team of bungry under 23s next year. I' d let Defoe stay though.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum