SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 3:48 am by cretanmakem

» Results of week 9 and fixtures for week10
Yesterday at 11:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Martin Bain on Simon Grayson
Yesterday at 7:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Morrisons Jarrow
Yesterday at 7:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Manager Sacked
Yesterday at 7:35 pm by Nostalgic

» The way forward
Yesterday at 12:15 pm by vinkel

» I had a dream
Yesterday at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
2017-10-22, 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
2017-10-22, 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
2017-10-22, 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Beginning to change my mind

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beginning to change my mind

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-11, 11:35 am

The last 24 hours has been an awakening for me when I contrast Palace under Big Sam and Sunderland under our present regime from Short down.

I am and always have been a big Sam fan but I accept he is last seasons news, that said I could not help but to be a tad envious watching Palace beat Arsenal last night. Yes they have better players but they also have the drive, work rate and commitment
last season under Sam.

In contrast I read today's news and all I see are players who are unhappy with more gloom ahead.

I love my football club and will never desert it but yes it is possible to love but not like, right now I don't like and that hurts me far more than it will ever hurt those in charge.

What do I need?

1. Short to confirm that yes he wants out but until then he will back the manager and club, it's his responsibility.
  2. Bain to come out and explain his plan for my club, how he intends to fix it.
  3. Moyes to come out and convince me he wants to be here and how he intends to fix the team and turn them into winners.

I wont hold my breath, I dont expect any of the above, after all, I am just a paying fan of over 50 years, why should I expect to be considered.

All that said I will be there oin Saturday, why?

1. I still enjoy my day out despite the football.
  2. I refuse to be driven out of my club my an American and his gang.

KTF & FTM
(THE SECOND IS FAR EASIER THAN THE FIRST)

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Beginning to change my mind

Post  canary-dave on 2017-04-11, 11:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:The last 24 hours has been an awakening for me when I contrast Palace under Big Sam and Sunderland under our present regime from Short down.

I am and always have been a big Sam fan but I accept he is last seasons news, that said I could not help but to be a tad envious watching Palace beat Arsenal last night. Yes they have better players but they also have the drive, work rate and commitment we had last season under Sam.

In contrast I read today's news and all I see are players who are unhappy with more gloom ahead.

I love my football club and will never desert it but yes it is possible to love but not like, right now I don't like and that hurts me far more than it will ever hurt those in charge.

What do I need?

1. Short to confirm that yes he wants out but until then he will back the manager and club, it's his responsibility.
  3. Moyes to come out and convince me he wants to be here and how he intends to fix the team and turn them into winners.

I wont hold my breath, I dont expect any of the above, after all, I am just a paying fan of over 50 years, why should I expect to be considered.

KTF & FTM
APPL APPL APPL APPL

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-04-11, 12:43 pm

Yes, I thought that too when I watched the Palace game..

100% for the full 90 minutes and with some guile too - a quality of which WE have zero!

Shocked
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-11, 2:04 pm

I doubt big Sam could revive us now. It took him ages the last time and we had some better players then and more available. I've seen Sunderland put in far less effort than they are now (under Advocaat for example - Home to Norwich). But alas, I think the players now know what we know - they're just not good enough to stay up.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-04-11, 3:21 pm

It is bloody hard being a Sunderland fan right now, and sadly Moyes and the club set up do not fill me with any confidence that things will change any time soon..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-11, 3:28 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:It is bloody hard being a Sunderland fan right now, and sadly Moyes and the club set up do not fill me with any confidence that things will change any time soon..

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-04-11, 3:46 pm

Yes, I feel we have a few canny-hard winters to come...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-04-11, 4:14 pm

Syd, though i didn’t see any of last nights game one thing i believe is that Sam and his players know where they will be next season. Whereas Moyes and quite a few of our players don't know where they will be. And most of them don't give a damn anymore.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-11, 4:30 pm

vinkel wrote:Syd, though i didn’t see any of last nights game one thing i believe is that Sam and his players know where they will be next season. Whereas Moyes and quite a few of our players don't know where they will be. And most of them don't give a damn anymore.
We all know they'll be mate.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-11, 4:56 pm

Billy D wrote:
vinkel wrote:Syd, though i didn’t see any of last nights game one thing i believe is that Sam and his players know where they will be next season. Whereas Moyes and quite a few of our players don't know where they will be. And most of them don't give a damn anymore.
Dont think he meant division more club

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-11, 4:57 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Dont think he meant division more club
Oh right - picked it up wrong.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-04-12, 8:22 am

Fact remains Crystal Palace have got a lot more Premiership quality players than us. I don't go to every game but from what I've seen, the lack of effort isn't the problem, it's lack of quality. Maybe there is an air amongst the players though, of knowing where they belong.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-12, 6:39 pm

New owners is our only chance.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-13, 12:25 am

cyprussyd wrote:The last 24 hours has been an awakening for me when I contrast Palace under Big Sam and Sunderland under our present regime from Short down.

I am and always have been a big Sam fan but I accept he is last seasons news, that said I could not help but to be a tad envious watching Palace beat Arsenal last night. Yes they have better players but they also have the drive, work rate and commitment
last season under Sam.

What do I need?

KTF & FTM
All three have happened.....

Short confirmed ages ago the club is up for sale.

Bains was interviewed and basically said there was nothing in the coffers.

Moyes has refuted comments and speculation he will resign and the board backed him unconditionally 

Our beloved club is on a downward spiral....the only grace being if the u21's can produce as there's f*ck all to spend....Mr short has seen to that bless him.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-13, 6:02 am

Mind changed after the Southampton game mate, saw nothing at all in that game to sway me onto the margic carpet of hope.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum