SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

Lever Malone, silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

7 to go

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7 to go

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-09, 6:33 pm

Sat 15th April    WHU home
Wed 26th April Boro away
Sat 29th April Bournemouth home
Sat 6th May Hull away
Sat 13th May Swansea home

Plus Chelsea & Arsenal away

5 winnable games if we want a chance, you just never know.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7 to go

Post  silvers on 2017-04-09, 6:46 pm

I think plan R will now be in pace at SOL.

I would be worried if they didn't have a cunning plan.....

Would be nice if Short gave DM some buying power for the new season.
If we have to rely on freebies (again) it will take all DM's experience to stand still never mind progress..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-09, 7:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sat 15th April    WHU home
Wed 26th April Boro away
Sat 6th May Hull away

Five winnable games, lol.  Laughing 
We've not scored in 7 yer dafty.
Just face it man, we're f*cked.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-09, 7:16 pm

Billy D wrote:
Wed 26th April Boro away
Sat 6th May Hull away

And we probably are Billy but until its a certainty I will enjoy the ride and the games

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-09, 7:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Wed 26th April Boro away
Sat 6th May Hull away

And we probably are Billy but until its a certainty I will enjoy the ride and the games
Good for you mate.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-09, 8:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-04-09, 8:34 pm

we all are...

it's not being disloyal to assume we are going down (again) ; just being realistic..

Very Happy
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-09, 10:03 pm

Well you know I have decided I am mad as hell and am not going to take it any more!!  Mad

Maybe if our supporters were a lot more 'disloyal' (I prefer discerning) and voted with their feet Short would have been forced to sell up sooner, or at least get some decent club management in place. Martin Bain may be the right man now but appointing him was either 5 years too late or he is like one of those 'administrators' that get appointed when businesses go into liquidation. Brought in to sell off our few assets and ensure those at the top (including himself and Short and the other directors, whoever they are) still get their fat salaries, while ticket office and concession staff, shop assistants, cleaners and stewards lose their jobs.

But why would Short change how he has handled things when there has been barely a murmur of dissent from our supporters? Yes social media is full of ranting fans but what do they actually do apart form moan on the various forums? Each season there has been such a sigh of relief at being saved that we forgot to hold the man accountable and ask why were we ever in that situation in the first place? EVERY year for the last 5 years.

Why would he amend his business plan when millions pour in from the Premier League and through the gates, with over 40000 punters every fortnight paying their hard earned cash to fund his game playing? He is just laughing at us while he rakes it in without a care about our club, something that is at the heart of who we are as a community, but is just a lucrative sideline for him and his billionaire buddies.

Why should Mr H and I spend around £700 per year on tickets, plus fuel, plus tolls, and drive 65 miles (more than half of it on the worst A road in the country) for 90 minutes each way. to feed Short's ego and bank balance, yet be served up the dross we have wirnessed over the last few seasons, barring a few games here and there? But then why should we expect any mercenary owner, with no affiliation to the club or the area, to care abut the supporters who were here long before he was ever on the scene and who will be around long after he is gone.

The churn of players and managers was always going to end this way. And while Moyes was never my choice for manager I don't blame him for our current predicament. Yes, he has made serious mistakes, in setting the negative tone for this season of struggle in his first press conference, and with his buys and loan deals that have not worked out. But nor do I blame the players, most of whom (Kone excepted) are operating at their maximum level. This is clearly not good enough, but that is not their fault and no matter what happens I will always support SAFC and cheer anyone who pulls on the red and white stripes.

But that does not mean I have to support or respect an owner who has shown such contempt for his paying public. No there is only one man to blame for our imminent relegation and that is our Chairman, and I have no intention of ever setting foot in the Stadium of Light, or paying another penny to the club, until Short is gone.

Perhaps if a few more of our 40K fellow sufferers did the same, he might get the message Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-04-09, 10:28 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Well you know I have decided I am mad as hell and am not going to take it any more!!  Mad

Maybe if our supporters were a lot more 'disloyal' (I prefer discerning) and voted with their feet Short would have been forced to sell up sooner, or at least get some decent club management in place. Martin Bain may be the right man now but appointing him was either 5 years too late or he is like one of those 'administrators' that get appointed when businesses go into liquidation. Brought in to sell off our few assets and ensure those at the top (including himself and Short and the other directors, whoever they are) still get their fat salaries, while ticket office and concession staff, shop assistants, cleaners and stewards lose their jobs.

But why would Short change how he has handled things when there has been barely a murmur of dissent from our supporters? Yes social media is full of ranting fans but what do they actually do apart form moan on the various forums? Each season there has been such a sigh of relief at being saved that we forgot to hold the man accountable and ask why were we ever in that situation in the first place? EVERY year for the last 5 years.

Why would he amend his business plan when millions pour in from the Premier League and through the gates, with over 40000 punters every fortnight paying their hard earned cash to fund his game playing? He is just laughing at us while he rakes it in without a care about our club, something that is at the heart of who we are as a community, but is just a lucrative sideline for him and his billionaire buddies.

Why should Mr H and I spend around £700 per year on tickets, plus fuel, plus tolls, and drive 65 miles (more than half of it on the worst A road in the country) for 90 minutes each way. to feed Short's ego and bank balance, yet be served up the dross we have wirnessed over the last few seasons, barring a few games here and there? But then why should we expect any mercenary owner, with no affiliation to the club or the area, to care abut the supporters who were here long before he was ever on the scene and who will be around long after he is gone.

The churn of players and managers was always going to end this way. And while Moyes was never my choice for manager I don't blame him for our current predicament. Yes, he has made serious mistakes, in setting the negative tone for this season of struggle in his first press conference, and with his buys and loan deals that have not worked out. But nor do I blame the players, most of whom (Kone excepted) are operating at their maximum level. This is clearly not good enough, but that is not their fault and no matter what happens I will always support SAFC and cheer anyone who pulls on the red and white stripes.

But that does not mean I have to support or respect an owner who has shown such contempt for his paying public. No there is only one man to blame for our imminent relegation and that is our Chairman, and I have no intention of ever setting foot in the Stadium of Light, or paying another penny to the club, until Short is gone.

Perhaps if a few more of our 40K fellow sufferers did the same, he might get the message Evil or Very Mad
I agree mate. if the fans dont turn up or renew season cards then he MIGHT do something about it, (doubt it)
we dont protest like them up the road, we dont call for the heads, we are like zombies we go to games hoping for a win or a good game,because thats whowe are SUNDERLAND fans, its mental but thats us...
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-09, 11:45 pm

Billy D wrote:
Wed 26th April Boro away
Sat 6th May Hull away

This....Billy you're flogging a dead horse....I thought the black "n" whites around our way were deluded but some on here still believe we can win the league....slight exaggeration but not by much. Bless them, short must love them.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-10, 7:36 am

Well I cant say I'm surprised at some of the reactions, deluded indeed, let me try and explain for anyone interested.

Deluded I'm not and yes I am well aware that we are 99.9% certain for relegation, I am a realist but along with many I travel with and sit with I am a positive realist who still enjoys my day out at the footy.

I believe that part of the day is hoping against hope, it's what Sunderland fans have lived on for years, hope and dreams even though it usually ends in let down. I stopped getting really angry and upset long ago, still comes but never lasts because I worked out that the only person upset when angry was me.

When Man U scored on Sunday all around me in the pensioners seats was and acceptance of here we go again, we know the players are not good enough and we know who is the main villain in the piece, we also accept, being realists, that there is nothing we can do about it.

Yes I could stop going and give up my season ticket but again who suffers if I do that? yes, me, I enjoy my day out despite the football. I enjoy the people I travel with, the laughs on the way there. I enjoy the black humor on the way home, I enjoy the chats with fellow fans and Sundermadders and every so often, like Chelsea last season I enjoy the game.

Many have stopped going and I respect that, it's a great shame that those of us who still go and enjoy the hope even when we know how it ends get bless, deluded, head in the sand and the rest.

Why should I and others like me give up our day out and sit fuming and angry, its our club and our day out, not Shorts.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-10, 8:07 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well I cant say I'm surprised at some of the reactions, deluded indeed, let me try and explain for anyone interested.

Deluded I'm not and yes I am well aware that we are 99.9% certain for relegation, I am a realist but along with many I travel with and sit with I am a positive realist who still enjoys my day out at the footy.

I believe that part of the day is hoping against hope, it's what Sunderland fans have lived on for years, hope and dreams even though it usually ends in let down. I stopped getting really angry and upset long ago, still comes but never lasts because I worked out that the only person upset when angry was me.

When Man U scored on Sunday all around me in the pensioners seats was and acceptance of here we go again, we know the players are not good enough and we know who is the main villain in the piece, we also accept, being realists, that there is nothing we can do about it.

Yes I could stop going and give up my season ticket but again who suffers if I do that? yes, me, I enjoy my day out despite the football. I enjoy the people I travel with, the laughs on the way there. I enjoy the black humor on the way home, I enjoy the chats with fellow fans and Sundermadders and every so often, like Chelsea last season I enjoy the game.

Many have stopped going and I respect that, it's a great shame that those of us who still go and enjoy the hope even when we know how it ends get bless, deluded, head in the sand and the rest.

Why should I and others like me give up our day out and sit fuming and angry, its our club and our day out, not Shorts.
I too am a realist Syd and, like many of the past few seasons, am resigned to relegation.  What I do not understand however is the need to find a scapegoat for our plight and blame any one person for our situation.  We have stood on this scaffold too many times and somehow avoided the drop but this is our year I am afraid.  We just do not have the quality to fight our way out but this year is no different to others when circumstances favoured us.  I would ask some on here who ascribe our circumstances totally down to Moyes's lack of whatever and then compare it to our last three managers who played nothing but defensive football and relied on scraps to somehow gain a win. Sam blinded us with his final three games of last season and that is what we choose to remember.

We have been poor for years through mainly bad managership and because our last minute surge has not been produced then Moyes takes all the blame which is something he does not deserve given some of the circumstances of the season.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-10, 9:21 am

Nostalgic wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well I cant say I'm surprised at some of the reactions, deluded indeed, let me try and explain for anyone interested.

I too am a realist Syd and, like many of the past few seasons, am resigned to relegation.  What I do not understand however is the need to find a scapegoat for our plight and blame any one person for our situation.  We have stood on this scaffold too many times and somehow avoided the drop but this is our year I am afraid.  We just do not have the quality to fight our way out but this year is no different to others when circumstances favoured us.  I would ask some on here who ascribe our circumstances totally down to Moyes's lack of whatever and then compare it to our last three managers who played nothing but defensive football and relied on scraps to somehow gain a win. Sam blinded us with his final three games of last season and that is what we choose to remember.

We have been poor for years through mainly bad managership and because our last minute surge has not been produced then Moyes takes all the blame which is something he does not deserve given some of the circumstances of the season.
Nos,  maybe on other forums people have been blaming Moyes entirely, but not on here. On Sundermad the overwhelming majority of posters lay the blame squarely on Short's shoulders, where it belongs. Yes, it is human nature to find a scapegoat, except he isn't a scapegoat, someone who takes the blame for others, he IS to blame! He is the man in charge. He picked all the managers. He sacked all the managers. He picked all the directors. He sanctioned all the players coming and goings.

Yes, many have let themselves down, and not performed how we would have wanted. That I can accept, everyone is human. But you have to expect better from the people in charge, so I feel totally comfortable in holding Short almost completely responsible for the mess our club is in right now.

Inspiration is supposed to come from our leaders. What we have is Short, who we never hear from; Bain we have heard from once, to tell us about redundancies for the 'little' people; other Directors - who are they and what do they do;  Moyes telling us we are in a relegation battle since his first press conference in August. How inspiring is that! Evil or Very Mad
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Syd, I completely respect your choices and would never call anyone names, least of all your good self! I know that the football is only a minor part of many people's day out to the SOL. For some it is a welcome few hours away from caring responsibilities or thinkng about ones' own, and loved ones, aches and pains. For others it's time out of the house with their children, something to share together as a family. For some it's a chance to meet up with friends for a pint or three, before and after the game, possibly to escape from a dull and boring, soul destroying job. I get all that and in today's mad world, I totally appreciate the need for time to 'relax' away from the hectic, busy lives most lead these days.

None of this is the fans fault that is for sure,  so all I am saying is maybe, for a while, not forever, when the team is performing at the shockingly low level we are seeing now, supporters could do the one thing they can do; say enough is enough. I am not talking about displaying sheets with 'Boycoutt' on them or booing the players or manager during games. Just stop attending and don't renew season tickets, and write to the club to tell them why.

Something has to be done, because we are in an ever decreasing circle of doom, and it is not just the Championship that beckons. I feel the same vibes as 1986 and into 1987, and we all know what happened then! Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-04-10, 2:09 pm

"7 to go "

..... I think more than 7 will be shown the door....

Very Happy
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: