SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

gil t azell

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

SO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SO

Post  vinkel on 2017-04-09, 6:11 pm

Is this the most overused word in the English language, and why is it popular to pronounce the r before the e in words begining per. Such as perfume or perform.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 1915
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 66
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-12, 7:49 am

vinkel wrote:Is this the most overused word in the English language, and why is it popular to pronounce the r before the e in words begining per. Such as perfume or perform.
I don't

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-12, 10:01 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Is this the most overused word in the English language, and why is it popular to pronounce the r before the e in words begining per. Such as perfume or perform.
I don't
Nor me! Horror of horrors Shocked

I find the overuse of the word "literally" most annoying as in "I literally laughed my head off". NO YOU DIDN'T or you would be dead! Aaargh! Laughing
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8663
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  Billy D on 2017-04-12, 10:08 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Is this the most overused word in the English language, and why is it popular to pronounce the r before the e in words begining per. Such as perfume or perform.
I don't
Nor me! Horror of horrors Shocked

I find the overuse of the word "literally" most annoying as in "I literally laughed my head off". NO YOU DIDN'T or you would be dead! Aaargh! Laughing
I don't know what he's on about.
I've never heard it in my life.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3084
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  Silvers on 2017-04-12, 10:39 am

So.. why is Vinkel posting this? 
Is it because they literally talk like that in the Wear Valley especially when they put on their perfume ready to perform?
 Perform what exactly?
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 15006
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  canary-dave on 2017-04-12, 12:16 pm

silvers wrote:So.. why is Vinkel posting this? 
Is it because they literally talk like that in the Wear Valley especially when they put on their perfume ready to perform?
 Perform what exactly?

affraid

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13545
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 69
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-12, 1:02 pm

canary-dave wrote:
silvers wrote:So.. why is Vinkel posting this? 
Is it because they literally talk like that in the Wear Valley especially when they put on their perfume ready to perform?
 Perform what exactly?

affraid
sma kiss me moon piss ciggie jinx jerry hi

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  Silvers on 2017-04-12, 1:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 15006
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  vinkel on 2017-04-12, 2:14 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Is this the most overused word in the English language, and why is it popular to pronounce the r before the e in words begining per. Such as perfume or perform.
I don't
Nor me! Horror of horrors Shocked

I find the overuse of the word "literally" most annoying as in "I literally laughed my head off". NO YOU DIDN'T or you would be dead! Aaargh! Laughing
I don't know what he's on about.
I've never heard it in my life.
You will have, it's just you haven't noticed it yet.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 1915
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 66
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-04-12, 9:06 pm

vinkel wrote:Is this the most overused word in the English language, and why is it popular to pronounce the r before the e in words begining per. Such as perfume or perform.



________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9510
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 99
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-04-12, 10:07 pm

The word "basically" should be removed from the English language. That wretched word prefixes too many explanations specially by young people  and basically drives me potty.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3673
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: SO

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum