Today at 9:53 am by oxfordshire

» Jeopardy" has anyone been there
Today at 8:25 am by cyprussyd

» FOOTIE73
Today at 12:48 am by Nostalgic

» Friday
Today at 12:44 am by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

black fox, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of SunderMad on your social bookmarking website

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

David Moyes has restated his commitment to Sunderland's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Moyes has restated his commitment to Sunderland's

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-07, 10:27 pm

David Moyes: Sunderland are paying for slow start to the season but I won't walk away

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Moyes again stated his commitment to the Sunderland rebuild

PHIL SMITH

Email
[size=18]18:00
[/size]

Sunderland boss David Moyes has restated his commitment to Sunderland's rebuilding project, insisting that he will not walk away.

A disastrous set of midweek results has left the Black Cats 10 points adrift of safety, the visit of Manchester United on Sunday meaning the situation could get even worse as the season drifts towards a conclusion.
Fan unrest has reached a crescendo following the failure to beat Burnley, Watford and Leicester City in recent weeks.

Moyes has also been heavily criticised for comments made throughout the season and while he said he understood why the mood in the fan base was so low, he vowed to improve the situation and defended his approach.

Moyes said: "It’s not easy because we’re not doing well, but that’s me, I’ve got to make it better. In football’s you have lots of highs and lows, I’ve had some really good highs, and at the moment this is a low. I don’t want to be bottom the league and be relegated and I’ve got to try and turn it around in the games we’ve got left.
"I think it’s difficult to keep supporters when you’re losing every week, I understand that. They’ve had a lot of hard seasons and want to have good times, I want that as well. We might have to go through more tough times for the good times to come back but I’m sure they will.
"Right from the start I told people I thought it was going to be difficult, it wasn’t negative, it was totally honest and up front. I said when I came that what you would get was honesty, sometimes people don’t want to hear it.
"Now I’m disappointed we’re in the situation we’re in, but I think when I saw the squad and what was available to us, because I’m experienced and with the length of time I’ve spent in football, the teams I’ve managed and the players I’ve seen, I could only look at this and see a difficult season. Injuries didn’t help us, coming at different times in the season."

Sunderland's form has dipped considerably in recent times, the side without a goal or a positive result since the 4-0 victory over Crystal Palace.
That has seen them cut adrift at the bottom but Moyes still believes the key factor in Sunderland's perilous position was a wretched start to the season, the Black Cats not winning a league game until November 5th.
Moyes said: "I never thought it would be as huge a reconstruction, but I always thought when I joined, that we needed to make sure we never got into this situation again. But for other reasons we’ve not been able to get away from it.
"If you wanted to look back at this season you’d have to first look back at the first ten games, we couldn’t pick up any points. Why? Because we weren’t ready. There’s reasons behind that, whether you’d look at the changes in the summer and the timings, we weren’t ready which meant that we were nearly a quarter of a season before we started to get things looking even anything like it."

Moyes defiantly defended his managerial record following recent criticism, insisting that this so far wretched season is an exception rather than the norm.
"I've managed 800-odd games, 400-odd in the Premer League, and I think there are only two or three managers who have won more games than me in the Premier League," he said.
"I'm really disappointed that I am losing as many games here as I am, but I think if you look at it and say 'is this normal for me' I think people would see that it is not

A new chapter in the championship begins  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: David Moyes has restated his commitment to Sunderland's

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-08, 10:02 am

Sick of changng managers but if he is around next season I sincerely hope he isnt as stubborn and goes to attack. We are totally one dimensional. JD or nobody scores so teams just mark JD out. We sit back n try the counter attack, we havent got the pace and his substitutions have to be at 70 mins. 

He needs to change.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-04-08, 10:35 am

gil t azell wrote:Sick of changng managers but if he is around next season I sincerely hope he isnt as stubborn and goes to attack. We are totally one dimensional. JD or nobody scores so teams just mark JD out. We sit back n try the counter attack, we havent got the pace and his substitutions have to be at 70 mins. 

He needs to change.
He won't change. Moyes is naturally cautious and stubborn. Personally I feel he is not the man to take us forward.

We had a little purple patch when Anichebe came in at first and I thought we were on the up and was willing to credit Moyes for that, but then things returned to normal and he has looked clueless ever since.

Of course I know it is not all down to Moyes, the last 5-6 years are to blame, and it is Short and the Board who really need to take a good hard look at themselves because, there is no way SAFC, with its regular 40,000 crowds, ought to be reduced to relying on a 30+, always injured, free agent as a saviour. Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum